Southern flavor lovers

1 view

hus...@imap3.asu.edu

Sep 9, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/9/96

Anyone like that southern shit thats been hitting the streets. Like
P.K.O, Master P, Eight ball and MJG, Silk, Tru, UGK and all the
underground south shit. That is some slamming hip hop and the third
coast, the gulf coast is making a definite statement. Make a reply to
give it a props up or down?

James Phillips

Sep 9, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/9/96

i've been out of country for a little more than a year, and i was hoping
somebody might suggest a list of hip-hop albums that i could buy to catch
up on lost time.

also, i was aware of the ongoing feud between east and west coast
rappers before i left, however it seems much worse now. did anything
happen that i missed or is it just a result of differences in opinions?

thanks

perry fect

Sep 10, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/10/96

On Mon, 9 Sep 1996 15:49:46 -0400, James Phillips <phil...@TCNJ.EDU>
wrote:

dela soul stakes is high
tribe called quest
rage against the machine

dead republican recordings the primary ep is the first release from
po box 320411 dead republican. it features diy lo-fi demo
fairfield, ct 06432 versions of songs for the upcoming full length
perf...@nai.net album. send $2 or a tape or a zine
http://www.nai.net/~perfecto/deadrep.html

Big D

Sep 10, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/10/96
to hus...@imap3.asu.edu

I must say, I really wasn't down with it before, but lately, the south has
been comin' with some thorough shit! I give props to the south, and hope
they continue the dope shit.

Peace,
Big D