Worst Syndicated Radio Talk Show

Art Stone

Feb 10, 1996, 3:00:00 AM2/10/96
Time to vote in the first Annual Worst Syndicated Talk Show Host
awards. (U.S. syndicated hosts only, please!). Feel free to cite
examples to back up your choice. Obvious candidates, in alphabetic
order:

Art Bell
Middle of the night, talks to UFO pilots
Dr. Dean Edell
Medical advice - let's talk about your prostate
Bob Grant
Get off my lines!
Ken Hamblin
Looking for an honest black liberal
Chuck Harder
The NWO Black Helicopters are back
Don Imus
Loves talking to brother Fred about Imus merchandise
Tom Leykis
Token liberal of AM radio
G. Gordon Liddy
Want to buy a Packed and Stacked Calendar?
Rush Limbaugh
I'm just like you people
Oliver North
Is on two stations, I think.
Michael Reagan
Trying hard to not live in the shadow of his father
Dr. Laura Schlessinger
Kicks her callers in the butt, and makes them love it
Howard Stern
Baba Booey
Bruce Williams
So why didn't you have a lawyer at the closing?
---
I don't use a signature file because I'm a non-conformist.

GlenY31305

Feb 10, 1996, 3:00:00 AM2/10/96
without a doubt its old blubber ass

GreggT67

Feb 10, 1996, 3:00:00 AM2/10/96
>Time to vote in the first Annual Worst Syndicated Talk Show Host
>awards. (U.S. syndicated hosts only, please!). Feel free to cite
>examples to back up your choice. Obvious candidates, in alphabetic
>order:

MARIO CUOMO is the obvious choice.

PaulB98037

Feb 10, 1996, 3:00:00 AM2/10/96
My nominee for worst syndicated show has to be Michael Reagan. Whoever
said that he was trying NOT to live in the shadow of his dad. He mentions
him every five minutes if one of his callers doesn't. Has this guy ever
done anything on his own?

Paul Bottoms

Puck

Feb 10, 1996, 3:00:00 AM2/10/96
GlenY31305 wrote:

> without a doubt its old blubber ass

I have to agree - Leykis is the worst.

HENRY E. KILPATRICK JR.

Feb 10, 1996, 3:00:00 AM2/10/96
PaulB98037 (paulb...@aol.com) wrote:
: My nominee for worst syndicated show has to be Michael Reagan. Whoever

: said that he was trying NOT to live in the shadow of his dad. He mentions
: him every five minutes if one of his callers doesn't. Has this guy ever
: done anything on his own?

Probably not. This guy really is even worse than Limbaugh, Liddy, North
and about anyone else you can think of. But he's filling dead air on AM
radio late at night. I guess his only redeeming social value is that he
keeps the truckers from nodding off.

--
Buddy K

Ryan Herbst

Feb 10, 1996, 3:00:00 AM2/10/96

I will add my vote for Leykis also. Most of his shows were no better
than daytime TV talk shoes.

--
Ryan Herbst (Lone Wolf) ry...@amaroq.com
http://www.amaroq.com/ryan/ Electrical Engineering, SJSU

Message has been deleted

Art Stone

Feb 11, 1996, 3:00:00 AM2/11/96
greg...@aol.com (GreggT67) wrote:

Is Mario's show syndicated? Maybe my local radio station would like
to carry his show, since Jim Hightower went off the air...

I've heard Mario is really quick to hang up or talk over callers who
disagree with him. Is that correct? He probably got his radio
training from Larry King.

Art Stone

Feb 11, 1996, 3:00:00 AM2/11/96
gleny...@aol.com (GlenY31305) wrote:

>without a doubt its old blubber ass

Would that be a vote for Rush?

DXFool

Feb 11, 1996, 3:00:00 AM2/11/96
Hands, er ears down, H. Ross Perot, if you're talking about 1995.
Every show, he would rattle off six or seven topics and expect
people to talk about them during his one and only hour. Good thing
he quit before his Tribune Radio contract ran out.
Runner-up: Roy Masters. Not even Roger Friedenburg would
acknowledge him.

be...@cais2.cais.com

Feb 11, 1996, 3:00:00 AM2/11/96
Vincentlio (vince...@aol.com) wrote:
: it is clear that limbaugh is losing audience but north and liddy have to
: be the worst....as for one of the best..and newest..you have to listen to
: bernie ward....he took hightowers place and he is the strongest liberal on
: theair....he auditioned for crossfire but they wont give it tohim becuase
: he ate john sununnu alive and theydont want someone that strong on the
: lberal side

Isn't he the one that had to go to court to keep the name of his show
"After The Rush" because he followed Rush Limbaugh?

--
Beth

According to the Communications Decency Act, these are the words you may
no longer use in your Internet correspondence: Shit, piss, fuck, cunt,
cock-sucker, mother-fucker and tits. The use of shit, piss, fuck, cunt,
cock-sucker, mother-fucker and tits, may now earn you a substantial fine
as well as possible jail time, since President Clinton has signed this
Bill into law. Please refrain from using shit, piss, fuck, cunt, cock-
sucker, mother-fucker and tits, to protect your children as well as
others, from their evil influence, thus keeping America "ideologically
pure".

Vincentlio

Feb 11, 1996, 3:00:00 AM2/11/96

Ryan Herbst

Feb 11, 1996, 3:00:00 AM2/11/96

They probly did not give it to him because he sucks as a talk radio host.
He has a vendetta against certain topics and he uses his show to attack them
with lies and charactor assasinations. Excuse my strong reaction but he has
wrongfully attacked friends of mine in the past.

cody

Feb 11, 1996, 3:00:00 AM2/11/96
In article <311CE1...@primenet.com>, pu...@primenet.com says...

>GlenY31305 wrote:
>>
>> without a doubt its old blubber ass
>
> I have to agree - Leykis is the worst.
We could never have guessed MR PUCK.

Or is that Limbaugh In Disguise?????

Wouldnt suprise me one bit

Kevin Nawotka

Feb 11, 1996, 3:00:00 AM2/11/96
In article <4fkrv7$3...@newsbf02.news.aol.com>, vince...@aol.com
(Vincentlio) wrote:

> it is clear that limbaugh is losing audience but north and liddy have to
> be the worst....as for one of the best..and newest..you have to listen to
> bernie ward....he took hightowers place and he is the strongest liberal on
> theair....he auditioned for crossfire but they wont give it tohim becuase
> he ate john sununnu alive and theydont want someone that strong on the
> lberal side

Bernie Ward is from SF. He's even fatter than Rush. I saw him on Crossfire
and he wouldn't shut the f**k up. Whenever the conservatives tried to
reply, he just started talking again and wouldn't let them be heard. He
also radicules (inside joke for stern fans) listeners who disagree with
him. At least Rush doesn't do that. Typical liberal tactics. If you can't
back up what you're saying with facts, drown the other side out.

--
naw...@leland.stanford.edu (Kevin Nawotka)

Randy Atlas

Feb 12, 1996, 3:00:00 AM2/12/96
In article <311c0eec...@news.concentric.net>, arts...@pop3.concentric.net (Art Stone) says:

>Time to vote in the first Annual Worst Syndicated Talk Show Host
>awards. (U.S. syndicated hosts only, please!). Feel free to cite
>examples to back up your choice. Obvious candidates, in alphabetic
>order: etc. etc.

Hello, radio heads...

The obvious choices here would have to be Rush & G.Gordon, but I think
I'll cast my vote for Ken Hamblin. (for WORST syndicated talk-show host)
Doesn't Ken, who calls himself "The Black Avenger," realize that his
worshipping of "Brother Rush" is an insult to African Americans who give
a you-know-what about the issues facing them? Is there no end to the
bigotry I hear from these "right-wing wacko's"??!! Ken Hamblin is yet
another Rush clone, but I feel he's especially dangerous to African
Americans who may tune in to his show and actually believe even 2% of
what he's saying!!!

By the way, I love the Bruce Williams quote/reference...hilarious!!
rs...@moran.com (Randy A.)

Roy Miles

Feb 12, 1996, 3:00:00 AM2/12/96
arts...@pop3.concentric.net (Art Stone) wrote:

Uh, Art are there any shows that you do actually like?? (Dr Ruth??)

>Time to vote in the first Annual Worst Syndicated Talk Show Host
>awards. (U.S. syndicated hosts only, please!). Feel free to cite
>examples to back up your choice. Obvious candidates, in alphabetic
>order:

>Art Bell

MacFlytier

Feb 12, 1996, 3:00:00 AM2/12/96
The multiple posts for Bernie Ward surprise me. He sucks. The best liberal
talk show host is Allen Combs (spelling?). He is so far left that he is
humorous even to conservatives like myself. Bernie Ward acts like he is
paid to espouse his views. I hear no passion and absolutely no humor. I
notice that the only humor that I attributed to Allen Combs (spelling?) is
his hyperbole in support of the liberal agenda. This is not fair. He is
genuinely funny. He is a little sleazy and uncouth for my tastes (in
contradiction to Rush Limbaugh, for example).

Art Stone

Feb 12, 1996, 3:00:00 AM2/12/96
rs...@moran.com (Randy Atlas) wrote:

> The obvious choices here would have to be Rush & G.Gordon, but I think
> I'll cast my vote for Ken Hamblin. (for WORST syndicated talk-show host)
> Doesn't Ken, who calls himself "The Black Avenger," realize that his
> worshipping of "Brother Rush" is an insult to African Americans who give
> a you-know-what about the issues facing them? Is there no end to the
> bigotry I hear from these "right-wing wacko's"??!! Ken Hamblin is yet
> another Rush clone, but I feel he's especially dangerous to African
> Americans who may tune in to his show and actually believe even 2% of
> what he's saying!!!

Have you caught Ken's recent series of shows about Slavery in the
Sudan and Mauritania? It sounds like some of his A/A callers are
getting really uncomfortable with the subject. I guess a lot of people
were unaware that slavery of black Africans is alive and well in 1996.

Art Stone

Feb 12, 1996, 3:00:00 AM2/12/96
rmi...@nyc.pipeline.com (Roy Miles) wrote:
>arts...@pop3.concentric.net (Art Stone) wrote:
>
>Uh, Art are there any shows that you do actually like?? (Dr Ruth??)

You misunderstood :)

The folks on the list are candidates because they have syndicated
shows with wide distribution. My comments were just there to provoke
discussion.

The best hour of my day is G. Gordon Liddy's Comment and Review of the
news (11AM eastern). The Washington Times daily edition is not
distributed nationally. I enjoy hearing what the one newspaper in
D.C. that still does investigative reporting has turned up.

Swan

Feb 12, 1996, 3:00:00 AM2/12/96
I cast my vote for Bob Grunt! He soundfs like a constipated frustrated
antiquated old geezer who is jealous of the resat of us because we can
still get it....together.

Although I *would* love to give Ken Shamblin' "The Buck Avengah"
honorable (or dis-honorable) mention for shufflin on in. He's a credit to
his race... whatever that may turn out to be.

Swan

Swan

Feb 12, 1996, 3:00:00 AM2/12/96
Ken Humblein' is a disgrace to the perversion! Some of the things I have
heard from him are just outrageous. He says "I'm just a modest,
unassuming colored guy," and then goes on to ASSUME some of the most
racist flapdoodle around!

I wonder if he has ever wondered to himself what he would have sold for
in the South. Good complacent, placid "Dahkies" would fetch a nice chunk
of change... say, 30 silver bucks?

Swan

*bang* "SOLD! to the gentlemen on the right!"

Tckoonce

Feb 12, 1996, 3:00:00 AM2/12/96
Liddy has to be the worst, the guy can barely spurt out a sentence without
stammering with about ten 'uhs'.
His opinions are ludicrous, and his right-wing fantacism is annoying.

Trina Keller

Feb 12, 1996, 3:00:00 AM2/12/96
In article <4fm58h$c...@ns1.moran.com>, rs...@moran.com (Randy Atlas) wrote:

> >Time to vote in the first Annual Worst Syndicated Talk Show Host
> >awards. (U.S. syndicated hosts only, please!). Feel free to cite
> >examples to back up your choice. Obvious candidates, in alphabetic

> >order: etc. etc.
> >

> Hello, radio heads...
>

> The obvious choices here would have to be Rush & G.Gordon, but I think
> I'll cast my vote for Ken Hamblin. (for WORST syndicated talk-show host)
> Doesn't Ken, who calls himself "The Black Avenger," realize that his
> worshipping of "Brother Rush" is an insult to African Americans who give
> a you-know-what about the issues facing them? Is there no end to the
> bigotry I hear from these "right-wing wacko's"??!! Ken Hamblin is yet
> another Rush clone, but I feel he's especially dangerous to African
> Americans who may tune in to his show and actually believe even 2% of
> what he's saying!!!
>

> By the way, I love the Bruce Williams quote/reference...hilarious!!
> rs...@moran.com (Randy A.)

I don't agree. I don't agree with Limbaugh but I think that his politics
are very needed and legit. Democratic Party liberalism has no brain
left. It needs criticism...Liberalism has reduced itself in the last
decade to: Find a victim group, advocate special rights for them...feel
guilty...cut them a check...hope they feel dependent and vote Democratic
Party......feel guilty....

That is not what brought me to Democratic Party Liberalism in the late
1950s and early 60s. (by the way...I hated Robert Kennedy because I came
from a real blue collar union family....not one of these pant load, panty
wearing, Trust Fund-Harvard educated Liberals who hate who they are and
want to help and spend two months in Harlem or Africa and then have the
limo pick them up at the airport........ish....Those vermin are now the
Democratic Liberals...like that creature who ruined Brown University and
set back health care in this country two decades with
Hilary......Magaziner...and Paul Wellstone....Carleton College
Liberals.....Elitists...and Limbaugh has their pulse...In the long run
he will do the Democrats a lot of good...They are a bunch of old white men
who will not give up power to new leaders...including women and
blacks...men like Sabo of Minnesota....etc.....And this is what IMUS
senses...Liberal arrogance...and limitless ability to believe themselves
to be the way, the truth and the life......and on the other hand fire the
travel staff and crucify the elderly woman who found the documents...on
the table....and they still consider themselves heroic protectors of the
poor and the children...They are scoundrels and anyone like IMUS who has
done a day of honest labor sees them for what they are....Puritans like
Hilary, who think they know better and are better...IMUS is the
Greatest...and most liberal talk show hosts have missed the fact that many
of the programs of the late 60 and Lyndon destroyed factions of the Black
population of our country. Trina Keller

Tim Hill

Feb 12, 1996, 3:00:00 AM2/12/96
In article <311c0eec...@news.concentric.net>,

arts...@pop3.concentric.net (Art Stone) wrote:
>Time to vote in the first Annual Worst Syndicated Talk Show Host
>awards. (U.S. syndicated hosts only, please!). Feel free to cite
>examples to back up your choice. Obvious candidates, in alphabetic
>order:

Here's my list (starting with the absolute worst):

1. Bob Grant
-not only is he a geezer, he also has no redeeming social value.

2. Bruce Williams
- Boooooooooooooriiiiiing

3. G. Gordon Liddy
-Don't aim at the letters "ATF" go for the headshot. What an asshole.
-Convicted Felon and Right Wing Nut

4. Ken Hamblin
-Stepin Fetchit lives

5. Oliver North
-enough said

6. Rush Limbaugh
-He's the only one who still believes he's great

7. Michael Reagan
-How many times in an hour can he mention his father's name.

1-7 (Tie) Howard Stern
-Do his fans realize that he's mocking them?

8. Dr. Laura
-Making people feel like shit might be great for ratings, but is it
therapy?

9. Dr. Ben Wattenberg (50,000 watt KGO, SF, CA)
-Say the letters EPA and he raves uncontrollably for hours. Yet he's so
good when playing Mr. Science Guy.

10. Art Bell
-Reptillian aliens and their Gray and Bigfoot henchmen conspire with UN
to create new world order.

Tim Hill

Having Al D'Amato lead an ethics investigation is like
asking Bob Dornan to head up a mental health task force.
--Al Franken, _Rush Limbaugh is a Big Fat Idiot_

Tim Hill

Feb 12, 1996, 3:00:00 AM2/12/96
In article <311dbdaf...@news.concentric.net>,
arts...@pop3.concentric.net (Art Stone) wrote:

>greg...@aol.com (GreggT67) wrote:
>
>>>Time to vote in the first Annual Worst Syndicated Talk Show Host
>>>awards. (U.S. syndicated hosts only, please!). Feel free to cite
>>>examples to back up your choice. Obvious candidates, in alphabetic
>>>order:
>>

>>MARIO CUOMO is the obvious choice.
>
>Is Mario's show syndicated? Maybe my local radio station would like
>to carry his show, since Jim Hightower went off the air...
>
>I've heard Mario is really quick to hang up or talk over callers who
>disagree with him. Is that correct? He probably got his radio
>training from Larry King.
>---
>I don't use a signature file because I'm a non-conformist.

Bernie Ward has taken Hightower's old gig, and I think he's better.

Matthew Simpson

Feb 13, 1996, 3:00:00 AM2/13/96
Ryan Herbst <ry...@amaroq.com> wrote:

>Vincentlio wrote:
>>
>> it is clear that limbaugh is losing audience but north and liddy have to
>> be the worst....as for one of the best..and newest..you have to listen to
>> bernie ward....he took hightowers place and he is the strongest liberal on
>> theair....he auditioned for crossfire but they wont give it tohim becuase
>> he ate john sununnu alive and theydont want someone that strong on the
>> lberal side
>

>They probly did not give it to him because he sucks as a talk radio host.
>He has a vendetta against certain topics and he uses his show to attack them
>with lies and charactor assasinations. Excuse my strong reaction but he has
>wrongfully attacked friends of mine in the past.

It is so true! Bernie Ward is the lowest kind of pseudeo-intellectual
liberal pond scum to be caught in anyone's net in ages. He can piss
me off faster than anyone...including that fat load from the other
side of the spectrum: Pumpkinhead. At least Limblob rarely YELLS AT
FULL VOLUME AT HIS CALLERS!

It is odd how that particular trait is endearing in Howard Stern, but
no one else.

/\/\att
- -
^

"Usually, if they catch you waving a gun around in front of the
Governers Mansion, they throw you right in jail. But if you're
yelling, 'Howard Stern is the King of All Media!', they just
send you to a mental hospital."

- Howard Stern

Swan

Feb 13, 1996, 3:00:00 AM2/13/96
to berni...@eworld.comswan
vince...@aol.com (Vincentlio) wrote:
>it is clear that limbaugh is losing audience but north and liddy have to
>be the worst....as for one of the best..and newest..you have to listen to
>bernie ward....he took hightowers place and he is the strongest liberal on
>theair....he auditioned for crossfire but they wont give it tohim becuase
>he ate john sununnu alive and theydont want someone that strong on the
>lberal side

Aint that a fact! Ward and I disagree on manyseveral things (aminal
rights, death penalty, corporal punishment, yatta yatta) but the man is
GOOD! He is well read, knows his stuff and is a strong voice on the left.
He is not a "straight ticket" man either, he has a brain and will cross
to the other side when principles are at stake. His weaknesses are that
he relies too much on the "I didn't ask you that... I said..." which is
effective, but can be frustrating. Instead of sparring with the caller,
he drops a piano on them and claims victory. On the other hand, compared
to some of the rude turkeys out there (Bob Grant springs to mind!) he's
great!

Swan

Feb 13, 1996, 3:00:00 AM2/13/96
to berni...@eworld.com
naw...@leland.stanford.edu (Kevin Nawotka) wrote:
>In article <4fkrv7$3...@newsbf02.news.aol.com>, vince...@aol.com
>(Vincentlio) wrote:
>> bernie ward....he took hightowers place and he is the strongest liberal on
>> the air

>Bernie Ward is from SF. He's even fatter than Rush.
Contrariwise! He's heavyset, but he doesn't *jiggle* like Limpdi...er...
Limbaugh. He's better looking. Reason Limboy's so large is all the "add
Hominy" attacks at the table!

> I saw him on Crossfire
>and he wouldn't shut the f**k up.

Wonder where he learned those tactica? Last time I saw him, he was
wearing a huge tuna can costume for a food drive. Can't say it suited
him... He looks better in slacks. He's a LOT nicer to callers than some
OTHERS I could memtion!

Whenever the conservatives tried to
>reply, he just started talking again and wouldn't let them be heard.

Now WHERE do you suppose he learned THAT tactic?? Compare him to bob
Grunt, eh?

He
>also radicules (inside joke for stern fans) listeners who disagree with
>him. At least Rush doesn't do that.

Oh? And what Rush said about Duane Garrett is not rude? Rush coined so
many hateful terms it would take a BOOK to list them! He STARTED all this
nasty stuff!

Typical liberal tactics. If you can't
>back up what you're saying with facts, drown the other side out.

Typo there... I'm certain you meant to say "conservative"

>--
>naw...@leland.stanford.edu (Kevin Nawotka)

Swan

The Centurion

Feb 13, 1996, 3:00:00 AM2/13/96
In article <nawotka-1102...@tip-mp8-ncs-13.stanford.edu>,

naw...@leland.stanford.edu (Kevin Nawotka) wrote:
>In article <4fkrv7$3...@newsbf02.news.aol.com>, vince...@aol.com
>(Vincentlio) wrote:
>
>> it is clear that limbaugh is losing audience but north and liddy have
>> be the worst....as for one of the best..and newest..you have to
listen to
>> bernie ward....he took hightowers place and he is the strongest
liberal on
>> theair....he auditioned for crossfire but they wont give it tohim
becuase
>> he ate john sununnu alive and theydont want someone that strong on
the
>> lberal side
>Bernie Ward is from SF. He's even fatter than Rush. I saw him on
Crossfire
>and he wouldn't shut the f**k up. Whenever the conservatives tried to
>reply, he just started talking again and wouldn't let them be heard. He

>also radicules (inside joke for stern fans) listeners who disagree with
>him. At least Rush doesn't do that. Typical liberal tactics. If you
can't
>back up what you're saying with facts, drown the other side out.

"Fatter than Rush!?" Now THERE'S an understatement. He makes Rush look
like Pee-Wee Herman! He's a defrocked Catholic Priest and ex Barbara
Bouncer flunky who was consigned to late night, Sunday morning "God
Talk," (where he proceeded to tear God apart) and fill-in duty for
vacationing hosts.

His big break came when another fat liberal slob by the name of Duane
Garrett, who was a Dumbocrat insider (managed campaigns for Diane
Feinswine, AlGore ect) took a header off the Golden Gate Bridge. True
to his liberal-hypocrite roots Mr. Garrett turned out to CROOK, bilking
people with phony sports memorabilia. Rather than face the music he did
his swan dive leaving his wife and young kids $5,000,000 in debt!

So Bernie "The Red" Ward got his prime evening slot by default. He
won't do any better nationally than Hightower did. Only a piece-of-shit
town like Frisco could put up with him in the first place.

--
AVE ATQVE VALE
CENT...@hooked.net

HENRY E. KILPATRICK JR.

Feb 13, 1996, 3:00:00 AM2/13/96
Kevin Nawotka (naw...@leland.stanford.edu) wrote:

: Whenever the conservatives tried to

: reply, he just started talking again and wouldn't let them be heard. He
: also radicules (inside joke for stern fans) listeners who disagree with
: him. At least Rush doesn't do that. Typical liberal tactics. If you can't
: back up what you're saying with facts, drown the other side out.

Some people only hear what they want to hear.

--
Buddy K

Sit on my face (<>)

Feb 13, 1996, 3:00:00 AM2/13/96
On Sun, 11 Feb 1996 12:55:58 -0800, naw...@leland.stanford.edu (Kevin
Nawotka) uttered the immortal words:

>In article <4fkrv7$3...@newsbf02.news.aol.com>, vince...@aol.com
>(Vincentlio) wrote:
>
>> it is clear that limbaugh is losing audience but north and liddy have to
>> be the worst....as for one of the best..and newest..you have to listen to
>> bernie ward....he took hightowers place and he is the strongest liberal on
>> theair....he auditioned for crossfire but they wont give it tohim becuase
>> he ate john sununnu alive and theydont want someone that strong on the
>> lberal side
>Bernie Ward is from SF. He's even fatter than Rush. I saw him on Crossfire

>and he wouldn't shut the f**k up. Whenever the conservatives tried to

>reply, he just started talking again and wouldn't let them be heard. He
>also radicules (inside joke for stern fans) listeners who disagree with
>him. At least Rush doesn't do that. Typical liberal tactics. If you can't
>back up what you're saying with facts, drown the other side out.
>

>--
>naw...@leland.stanford.edu (Kevin Nawotka)

Bernie Ward is a fucking joke-a crypto-intellectual-politico who tries
to be half Fartman and half Limbaugh and doesn't have the talent to be
either. I've listened to him several times and he's a zero-there's
nothing there. If he's the "strongest" liberal around then the
liberals in this country are in more fucking trouble then even I
thought-
As for Limbaugh losing audience-just the opposite is true.
Liddy is pretty good
As for the worst-Larry King-king of the ass-kissers is in a field by
himself-he is the most pretentious fucking moron on the air today and
no one comes close to being as much of a suck-up as him.
Sorry-time for dinner

Rob Shane

Feb 13, 1996, 3:00:00 AM2/13/96
In article <4fkrv7$3...@newsbf02.news.aol.com>,
vince...@aol.com (Vincentlio) wrote:
Snip!

>bernie ward....he took hightowers place and he is the strongest liberal on
>the air....

And he won't hesitate to tell you, either!

Really!

Rob
-Vacaville, CA
<robs...@community.net>

Ryan Herbst

Feb 13, 1996, 3:00:00 AM2/13/96
Matthew Simpson wrote:
> It is so true! Bernie Ward is the lowest kind of pseudeo-intellectual
> liberal pond scum to be caught in anyone's net in ages. He can piss
> me off faster than anyone...including that fat load from the other
> side of the spectrum: Pumpkinhead. At least Limblob rarely YELLS AT
> FULL VOLUME AT HIS CALLERS!
>
> It is odd how that particular trait is endearing in Howard Stern, but
> no one else.

Mainly because the people who actually take the time to call into Howard Stern
usually deserve to be yelled at. They are usually completly brain dead or they simply
get on the phone and conintue yelling nonsense until Stern finally decides to hang
up on them. No one looks at Stern as a commentator on any matter of true seriousness
he is just there for pure entertainment. He pretty much knows this also except for a
few instances where he will attempt to pass himself off a social commentator.

As much as I enjoy the show I always laugh at how he continuously tells everyone
about how proffessional he is in his radio programs. He has the worst format
in the market today. Taking commercials when he feels like it, eating on the air,
the rattle of cards in the background, and so on.

---
Ryan Herbst (Lone Wolf) ry...@amaroq.com
http://www.amaroq.com/ryan/ Electrical Engineering, SJSU
GCS GE GS d-- -p+ c++(++++) l+++ u++ s--/-- n--(---) h-- !f g+ t+

The Centurion

Feb 14, 1996, 3:00:00 AM2/14/96
In article <4fkrv7$3...@newsbf02.news.aol.com>,
vince...@aol.com (Vincentlio) wrote:
>it is clear that limbaugh is losing audience but north and liddy have
>be the worst....as for one of the best..and newest..you have to listen
>bernie ward....he took hightowers place and he is the strongest liberal
on
>theair....he auditioned for crossfire but they wont give it tohim
becuase
>he ate john sununnu alive and theydont want someone that strong on the
>lberal side

No, they didn't give it to him because they hadn't budgeted to widen all
the doors in the CNN Center and they'd have had to reinforce the floors
of the Crossfire studio.

John Hattan

Feb 14, 1996, 3:00:00 AM2/14/96
cent...@hooked.net (The Centurion) wrote:

>In article <4fkrv7$3...@newsbf02.news.aol.com>,
>>the air....he auditioned for crossfire but they wont give it to him

>>becuase he ate john sununnu alive and theydont want someone that strong on the
>>lberal side
>
>No, they didn't give it to him because they hadn't budgeted to widen all
>the doors in the CNN Center and they'd have had to reinforce the floors
>of the Crossfire studio.

You haven't seen John Sununnu lately. The man's got twinkie crumbs in
geosynchronous orbit around him :)

---
John Hattan High UberPopeness -The First Church of Shatnerology
The Code Zone Sweet Software for a Saturnine World
hat...@fastlane.net http://www.fastlane.net/~hattan/

Marv Kaminsky

Feb 15, 1996, 3:00:00 AM2/15/96
In article <311dbdaf...@news.concentric.net> arts...@pop3.concentric.net (Art Stone) writes:

>greg...@aol.com (GreggT67) wrote:
>Is Mario's show syndicated? Maybe my local radio station would like
>to carry his show, since Jim Hightower went off the air...

Yup. Syndicated by SW Networks, SONY Corp, I believe. In appx 35 markets,
live Sat 9AM-Noon.

>I've heard Mario is really quick to hang up or talk over callers who
>disagree with him. Is that correct?

He argues a lot. Sometimes his arrogance gets the best of him. If he
hangs up, it's usually because he lacks the radio experience to go to
commercials smoothly. He's not a professional broadcaster, for sure.

It's an excellent show, representing viewpoints all-too-rare on talk radio.

-M!

John Dixon

Feb 15, 1996, 3:00:00 AM2/15/96
arts...@pop3.concentric.net (Art Stone) wrote:

>Time to vote in the first Annual Worst Syndicated Talk Show Host
>awards.

Gotta be Michael Reagan. I strongly disagree with his politics - but
that's not why I think he's the worst (I disagree with Rush, too - but
he does a good show).

First of all, he doesn't have a clue about what makes interesting
radio. If I hear him say, "The reality of it is..." one more time, I
may have to visit my local pawnshop to buy an Uzi - if I haven't
already made the trip after hearing him give out more bill numbers!

Secondly, I believe he is irresponsible. Here is an example: An
elderly woman called to say that she had heard somewhere that American
federal judges are now being paid by the World Bank, and therefore had
no jurisdiction. [I'd love to know who was spreading THAT around!]
She asked if she had heard this on Reagan's show. He said no, but
that he would "look into it" for her. This is an OBVIOUS piece of bad
information - and a responsible host would have said so on the air,
instead of giving it credence by promising to investigate it.

I love Talk Radio, but incidents like that one point out its greatest
failing: allowing uninformed people to state unsupported facts on the
air. It doesn't bother me when uninformed persons state their
opinions on the air (that's what it's all about, after all) but I wish
hosts like Reagan did a better job of controlling their shows, so that
nutcases like that woman don't get a forum to spread that kind of
hogwash.

-John

Ryan Herbst

Feb 15, 1996, 3:00:00 AM2/15/96
John Dixon wrote:
> First of all, he doesn't have a clue about what makes interesting
> radio. If I hear him say, "The reality of it is..." one more time, I
> may have to visit my local pawnshop to buy an Uzi - if I haven't
> already made the trip after hearing him give out more bill numbers!

Thats the difference between an entertaining show and an informative show.
I enjoy the show because it gives me a couple of hours of raw infromation
to digest and mull over. Then I can double check on the things that concern
me and come to my own conclusions. Plus the elevator music can be kind
of relaxing on the way home :)

> Secondly, I believe he is irresponsible. Here is an example: An
> elderly woman called to say that she had heard somewhere that American
> federal judges are now being paid by the World Bank, and therefore had
> no jurisdiction. [I'd love to know who was spreading THAT around!]
> She asked if she had heard this on Reagan's show. He said no, but
> that he would "look into it" for her. This is an OBVIOUS piece of bad
> information - and a responsible host would have said so on the air,
> instead of giving it credence by promising to investigate it.

That is his standard reply to people who call up with strange conspiracy
theories. That way they go away satisfied and don't go nutty on him and
call in again calling him a globalist or something. It does not take too
much observation to realize he is not taking the call serious at all.

> I love Talk Radio, but incidents like that one point out its greatest
> failing: allowing uninformed people to state unsupported facts on the
> air. It doesn't bother me when uninformed persons state their
> opinions on the air (that's what it's all about, after all) but I wish
> hosts like Reagan did a better job of controlling their shows, so that
> nutcases like that woman don't get a forum to spread that kind of
> hogwash.

Thats what talk radio is all about. People call in and say stuff that they
believe on the air. If someone is dumb enough to believe everything that comes
across the radio then that is their problem. Same goes for people who believe
everything they read in the paper.

Allen Osborne Assoc

Feb 15, 1996, 3:00:00 AM2/15/96
In article <4fvt9m$l...@alpha.sky.net>, John Dixon <rdo...@sky.net> wrote:
>arts...@pop3.concentric.net (Art Stone) wrote:
>
>>Time to vote in the first Annual Worst Syndicated Talk Show Host
>>awards.
>
>Gotta be Michael Reagan. I strongly disagree with his politics - but
>that's not why I think he's the worst (I disagree with Rush, too - but
>he does a good show).
>
>First of all, he doesn't have a clue about what makes interesting
>radio. If I hear him say, "The reality of it is..." one more time, I
>may have to visit my local pawnshop to buy an Uzi - if I haven't
>already made the trip after hearing him give out more bill numbers!
>
>Secondly, I believe he is irresponsible. Here is an example: An
>elderly woman called to say that she had heard somewhere that American
>federal judges are now being paid by the World Bank, and therefore had
>no jurisdiction. [I'd love to know who was spreading THAT around!]
>She asked if she had heard this on Reagan's show. He said no, but
>that he would "look into it" for her. This is an OBVIOUS piece of bad
>information - and a responsible host would have said so on the air,
>instead of giving it credence by promising to investigate it.

Hey, guess what! Federal judges are now getting paid by the World Bank,
and don't have any jurisdiction any more! Has to be true - it was on
the radio.

Carl

Brewster

Feb 16, 1996, 3:00:00 AM2/16/96
My choice for WORST Talking Head is the Ol Rushmiester. Up here in
Central Cal. durring the day you can hear him spew forth on no less than
6 stations at one time! Talk about saturation! Time to tune to FM.....

* Daniel J. Meaney III * "I didn't know operating a *
* DJ...@PGE.COM * nuclear power plant could *
* dme...@slonet.org * be so complicated!" *
* Brew Free or Die * - Homer J. Simpson *

Debbie Wilson

Feb 16, 1996, 3:00:00 AM2/16/96
Bernie Ward is the worst! He is not real.

131G40000-J.BECKMAN(MT4084)1023MT

Feb 16, 1996, 3:00:00 AM2/16/96
In article <4fvt9m$l...@alpha.sky.net>, John Dixon <rdo...@sky.net> wrote:

>I love Talk Radio, but incidents like that one point out its greatest
>failing: allowing uninformed people to state unsupported facts on the
>air.

Well, if you want to prevent this, we'll have to start
by gagging Mr. Rush, won't we?

Jim Beckman j...@mtgbcs.att.com

Art Stone

Feb 16, 1996, 3:00:00 AM2/16/96
XHJ...@prodigy.com (Debbie Wilson) wrote:

>Bernie Ward is the worst! He is not real.

Are you sure Bernie Ward is syndicated? I find little information
about him on the web, other than that he is on KGO...

By the way, here is an interesting resource on the web:

http://www.talkradioguide.com/

Mike Ward

Feb 16, 1996, 3:00:00 AM2/16/96

>Are you sure Bernie Ward is syndicated? I find little information
>about him on the web, other than that he is on KGO...

Bernie Ward (no relation ;) has a national show distributed weekends by the
ABC Radio Network... it's the old slot that was owned by Jim Hightower until
last Fall. I believe the live clearance on it is 10 AM-1 PM PT Saturday and
Sunday.

He also continues to do his weeknight KGO/San Francisco show (7-10 PM) and
also his "GodTalk" show on KGO (Sun. 6-9 AM).

Mike, again, no relation to Bernie, though I occasionally get his mail at his
old haunt, KFBK/Sacramento

Swan

Feb 16, 1996, 3:00:00 AM2/16/96
to berni...@eworld.com
Art Stone wrote:
> XHJ...@prodigy.com (Debbie Wilson) wrote:
> >Bernie Ward is the worst! He is not real.

> Are you sure Bernie Ward is syndicated? I find little information

> about him on the web, other than that he is on KGO...

> By the way, here is an interesting resource on the web:

> http://www.talkradioguide.com/
> ---
> I don't use a signature file because I'm a non-conformist.

Yes, Bernie Ward is syndicated. His show is on ABC radio stations
nationally Saturdays and Sundays 10 to 1 West Coast Time

Where Hightower was, Bernie is. Call your local affiliate to find out if
he is available in your area.

Swan

The optimist says we are living in the best of all possible worlds. the
pessimist fears that this is true.

Timothy Begley

Feb 16, 1996, 3:00:00 AM2/16/96
: >Time to vote in the first Annual Worst Syndicated Talk Show Host
: >awards. (U.S. syndicated hosts only, please!). Feel free to cite

: >examples to back up your choice. Obvious candidates, in alphabetic
: >order:

I am surprised noone has mentioned Alan Colmes. This guy is the worst!
--
* Tim Begley * Beg...@Gonix.Com * Omaha, NE, USA *

"The stars winked down their cryptic Morse,
and he had no key to their cipher."

* Finger Beg...@Gonix.Gonix.Com for PGP Public Key *

Tim Hill

Feb 17, 1996, 3:00:00 AM2/17/96
In article <4g26qm$25...@usenetw1.news.prodigy.com>, XHJ...@prodigy.com
(Debbie Wilson) wrote:

> Bernie Ward is the worst! He is not real.

As opposed to Rush Limbaugh, Art Bell, etc.? Are they real?

--Tim Hill

You will eat, bye and bye,
In the glorious land above the sky;
Work and pray, live on hay,
You'll get pie in the sky when you die
--Joe Hill "The Preacher and the Slave"

Tim Hill

Feb 17, 1996, 3:00:00 AM2/17/96
In article <4fojid$6...@slip.net>, Swan <sw...@slip.net> wrote:

> Ken Humblein' is a disgrace to the perversion! Some of the things I have
> heard from him are just outrageous. He says "I'm just a modest,
> unassuming colored guy," and then goes on to ASSUME some of the most
> racist flapdoodle around!
>
> I wonder if he has ever wondered to himself what he would have sold for
> in the South. Good complacent, placid "Dahkies" would fetch a nice chunk
> of change... say, 30 silver bucks?
>
> Swan
>
> *bang* "SOLD! to the gentlemen on the right!"

Hamblin: "Yes Massa, You want I should whip this bad N*&$%#@ more?

tow...@iserv.net

Feb 21, 1996, 3:00:00 AM2/21/96
In article <4fjpee$10...@tetsuo.communique.net>, chu...@communique.net
(Chuck) wrote:

> I vote for Chuck Harder's show on PRN.

Chuck Harder???????????? hmmmmmmmmmmmmm??

WJG

Feb 21, 1996, 3:00:00 AM2/21/96
In article <4fvt9m$l...@alpha.sky.net>, rdo...@sky.net (John Dixon) wrote:
>arts...@pop3.concentric.net (Art Stone) wrote:

<About Michael Reagan>

>ndly, I believe he is irresponsible. Here is an example: An
>elderly woman called to say that she had heard somewhere that American
>federal judges are now being paid by the World Bank, and therefore had
>no jurisdiction. [I'd love to know who was spreading THAT around!]
>She asked if she had heard this on Reagan's show. He said no, but
>that he would "look into it" for her. This is an OBVIOUS piece of bad
>information - and a responsible host would have said so on the air,
>instead of giving it credence by promising to investigate it.

A friend of mine asked me a question about a particular topic about the Civil
War which I am noit familiar with. I told him I would look into it. "Looking
into" something does not give credence to it.

>I love Talk Radio, but incidents like that one point out its greatest
>failing: allowing uninformed people to state unsupported facts on the

>air. It doesn't bother me when uninformed persons state their
>opinions on the air (that's what it's all about, after all) but I wish
>hosts like Reagan did a better job of controlling their shows, so that

Michael Reagan has the least of these problems. This is a cross post to a Tom
Leykis group - which he lets his callers come on and make outrageous comments
and he just says thank you afterwards, and when some disagrees with his
politics, he tries to get off topic and away from what the caller wishes to
talk about. Michael Reagan hasn;t done that.

>nutcases like that woman don't get a forum to spread that kind of
>hogwash.
>

>-John

And some talk shows like Tom Leykis' let callers spread hogwash that
Republicans are going to throw people into the streets. Even Tom Leykis
himself spreads hogwash that Republicans are anti-semetic.

WJG

Feb 21, 1996, 3:00:00 AM2/21/96
In article <4fojid$6...@slip.net>, Swan <sw...@slip.net> wrote:
>Ken Humblein' is a disgrace to the perversion! Some of the things I have
>heard from him are just outrageous. He says "I'm just a modest,
>unassuming colored guy," and then goes on to ASSUME some of the most
>racist flapdoodle around!

That is because your comphrehansion is limited and you believe the two are
connected and do not know what he means when he says he is "assuming."

Like what things have you heard were outrageous - and please try to separate
them from learning things that "upset" you.

Aren;t you that blind lady?

I found another apartment for you - $192 a month, furnished and 1/2 utilities.
Located to necessary grocery stores and public transportation.

Jesse Brink

Feb 26, 1996, 3:00:00 AM2/26/96

> : Like what things have you heard were outrageous - and please try to

separate
> : them from learning things that "upset" you.

Among the many outrageous things that I have heard him say was once
while he was explaining what filthy sub-animal scum these teen welfare
mothers are, and he said "...they don't even clean themselves up after
menstruation!..." I think this is quite a claim. It raises a couple of
questions such as: None of them at all do? And most thought provocative of
all: How does he know? Is he perhaps generalizing because of a bad
experience he had once?
You don't have to listen to too much Ken Hamblin to hear such shit. If
he is'nt the worst, he's right down there.

WJG

Feb 29, 1996, 3:00:00 AM2/29/96
In article <4gm73b$l...@news.nevada.edu>,
coo...@nevada.edu (LARRY COOPER) wrote:
>net>
>WJG (be...@redrose.net) wrote:

>: In article <4fojid$6...@slip.net>, Swan <sw...@slip.net> wrote:
>: >Ken Humblein' is a disgrace to the perversion! Some of the things I have
>: >heard from him are just outrageous. He says "I'm just a modest,
>: >unassuming colored guy," and then goes on to ASSUME some of the most
>: >racist flapdoodle around!
>:
>: That is because your comphrehansion is limited and you believe the two are
>: connected and do not know what he means when he says he is "assuming."
>:
>: Like what things have you heard were outrageous - and please try to
separate
>: them from learning things that "upset" you.
>:
>: Aren;t you that blind lady?
>:
>: I found another apartment for you - $192 a month, furnished and 1/2
utilities.
>: Located to necessary grocery stores and public transportation.
>:
>: >I wonder if he has ever wondered to himself what he would have sold for
>: >in the South. Good complacent, placid "Dahkies" would fetch a nice chunk
>: >of change... say, 30 silver bucks?
>: >
>: >Swan
>: >
>: >*bang* "SOLD! to the gentlemen on the right!"
>: >
> You are an ignorant fuck! Sit down, shut up and listen. Tell him Serg.
>
>L.C.

ooohhh - a post from Larry Cooper full of insight.

WJG

Feb 29, 1996, 3:00:00 AM2/29/96
In article <jesseb-2602...@klamath-labs-mac11.uoregon.edu>,

jes...@uoregon.edu (Jesse Brink) wrote:

>> : Like what things have you heard were outrageous - and please try to
>separate
>> : them from learning things that "upset" you.
>
> Among the many outrageous things that I have heard him say was once
>while he was explaining what filthy sub-animal scum these teen welfare
>mothers are, and he said "...they don't even clean themselves up after
>menstruation!..." I think this is quite a claim. It raises a couple of
>questions such as: None of them at all do? And most thought provocative of
>all: How does he know? Is he perhaps generalizing because of a bad
>experience he had once?
> You don't have to listen to too much Ken Hamblin to hear such shit. If
>he is'nt the worst, he's right down there.
I have listened to him for over a year - and have not heard again. Try
something different.