A solution to the gas problem...

Gary DeWaay

Jul 12, 2005, 2:19:20 PM7/12/05

Gas rationing! It's been done before during times of war... as well as
during the 70's. Why not now? Righties keep telling me we are at war
against Muslims, and they are terrorists by proxy.

Don't the Muslims own all the oil fields in the Middle East (or at least
the ones we didn't assume control of)?

So why not end our funding of terrorism by limiting the amount of gallons
per week per family? Let's start out at 25 gallons a week, and if that
isn't good enough, we can go down from there.

Cmon righties... it's obvious you are all too chicken to actually sign up
for the war (or send your children) so why not sacrifice _SOMETHING_ and
prove how patriotic you are by writing your legislators and insisting on
gas rationing.

That two dollar magnetic ribbon on your SUV just aint cutting it.

--
Gary

"Listen, I know of nobody -- I don't know of anybody in my administration
who leaked classified information. If somebody did leak classified
information, I'd like to know it, and we'll take the appropriate action.

George W. Bush September 30, 2003

bval...@aol.com

Jul 12, 2005, 2:28:33 PM7/12/05
>>>Gas rationing! It's been done before during times of war... as well as
during the 70's. Why not now? Righties keep telling me we are at war
against Muslims, and they are terrorists by proxy. >>>

Great idea. We'll put Karl Rove in charge of which American get's gas,
and which one doesn't.

Bill Bonde ('by a commodius vicus of recirculation')

Jul 12, 2005, 2:30:35 PM7/12/05

Gary DeWaay wrote:

> Gas rationing! It's been done before during times of war... as well as
> during the 70's. Why not now? Righties keep telling me we are at war
> against Muslims, and they are terrorists by proxy.
>
> Don't the Muslims own all the oil fields in the Middle East (or at least
> the ones we didn't assume control of)?
>
> So why not end our funding of terrorism by limiting the amount of gallons
> per week per family? Let's start out at 25 gallons a week, and if that
> isn't good enough, we can go down from there.

What would that do to tourism?

> Cmon righties... it's obvious you are all too chicken to actually sign up
> for the war (or send your children) so why not sacrifice _SOMETHING_ and
> prove how patriotic you are by writing your legislators and insisting on
> gas rationing.

Why would forcing other people to not buy gasoline be sacrificing
anything yourself? If you don't believe in being "fuelish", if you want
to "Save it for the Best", then you limit your burn to 25 gals a week.

--
"What do you value in your bulldogs? Gripping, is it not? It's their
nature? It's why you breed them? It's so with men. I will not give in

R. Pierce Butler

Jul 12, 2005, 2:50:09 PM7/12/05
"Bill Bonde ('by a commodius vicus of recirculation')"
<antonc...@unclevanya.com.rus> wrote in

> Gary DeWaay wrote:
>>
>> Gas rationing! It's been done before during times of war... as well as
>> during the 70's. Why not now? Righties keep telling me we are at war
>> against Muslims, and they are terrorists by proxy.
>>
>> Don't the Muslims own all the oil fields in the Middle East (or at
>> least the ones we didn't assume control of)?
>>
>> So why not end our funding of terrorism by limiting the amount of
>> gallons per week per family? Let's start out at 25 gallons a week, and
>> if that isn't good enough, we can go down from there.
>>
> What would that do to tourism?
>

>> Cmon righties... it's obvious you are all too chicken to actually sign
>> up for the war (or send your children) so why not sacrifice _SOMETHING_
>> and prove how patriotic you are by writing your legislators and
>> insisting on gas rationing.
>>
> Why would forcing other people to not buy gasoline be sacrificing
> anything yourself? If you don't believe in being "fuelish", if you want
> to "Save it for the Best", then you limit your burn to 25 gals a week.

I am down to 0 gallons per week. What more do you want? I think I will
sell my share to someone else. I have 25 gallons for sale at $20.00 per
gallon if anyone is interested.

rj

Cary Kittrell

Jul 12, 2005, 2:41:39 PM7/12/05
In article <42D40C4B...@unclevanya.com.rus> "Bill Bonde ('by a commodius vicus of recirculation')" <antonc...@unclevanya.com.rus> writes:

> Gary DeWaay wrote:
> >
> > Gas rationing! It's been done before during times of war... as well as
> > during the 70's. Why not now? Righties keep telling me we are at war
> > against Muslims, and they are terrorists by proxy.
> >
> > Don't the Muslims own all the oil fields in the Middle East (or at least
> > the ones we didn't assume control of)?
> >
> > So why not end our funding of terrorism by limiting the amount of gallons
> > per week per family? Let's start out at 25 gallons a week, and if that
> > isn't good enough, we can go down from there.
> >
> What would that do to tourism?

Damn straight! We need to think these things through, and not just
rush headling into them.

That's why they didn't ration butter during World War II. They
realized what it would do to the dairy farmers.

Same thing with silk. Rationing silk would have devestated
the cocoon construction industry.

-- cary

Bill Bonde ('by a commodius vicus of recirculation')

Jul 12, 2005, 2:52:58 PM7/12/05

It would be close to impossible to prevent that sort of thing, so I
wonder what the average US family uses in gasoline per week. Anyone who
is rich would just buy up the gas cards of people who could use the
money more than the fuel.

R. Pierce Butler

Jul 12, 2005, 3:06:17 PM7/12/05
"Bill Bonde ('by a commodius vicus of recirculation')"
<antonc...@unclevanya.com.rus> wrote in

Exactly. Then there is the moped factor as well. Ride a small motorcycle
to work and get 50+ miles to the gallon. Sell the excess gas and pay for
the bike. I would start commuting to get a free motorcycle. The whole
scheme is half baked and pointless. This is like the "Don't buy gas the
Nth of XXX" bit. We all saw how effective that was.

rj

rj

Harry F. Leopold

Jul 12, 2005, 3:07:02 PM7/12/05
On Tue, 12 Jul 2005 13:50:09 -0500, R. Pierce Butler wrote
(in article <Xns96918CBFDED9Em...@10.232.1.1>):

I use less than 3 gallons a week, have for years. And I am not selling my
"share" of that 25 gallons a week, let those damned SUV drivers run out on
Tuesday morning.

--
Harry F. Leopold
aa #2076

"You think atoms like having a half-life?"
Incenjucar

What Me Worry?

Jul 12, 2005, 3:17:25 PM7/12/05

"R. Pierce Butler" <spam...@google.com> wrote in message

Sounds great. Too bad there aren't any decent US-made mopeds. Oh
well...more money for China...unless GM and/or Ford want to tool-up for
energy-efficient cars in a hurry. We *are* at war, are we not?

> The whole
> scheme is half baked and pointless.

How so? In spite of the desperate machinations that SUV drivers will go
through to get the fuel for their hungry road yachts, the effect will be to
put a hard limit on the gasoline used, thus restrict or eliminate the need
to import terrorist oil.

Why do you want to continue supporting terrorism? Every barrel of oil Bush
imports buys more bullets and bombs for terrorists to gun down our troops.

> This is like the "Don't buy gas the
> Nth of XXX" bit. We all saw how effective that was.

It is nothing at all like that. It would be mandatory and nationwide.

Tak

Jul 12, 2005, 3:22:18 PM7/12/05
On Tue, 12 Jul 2005 11:30:35 -0700, "Bill Bonde ('by a commodius vicus
of recirculation')" <antonc...@unclevanya.com.rus> wrote:

>Why would forcing other people to not buy gasoline be sacrificing
>anything yourself? If you don't believe in being "fuelish", if you want
>to "Save it for the Best", then you limit your burn to 25 gals a week.

I do. I drive a amall car and when I am making local trips to the
store I use a 100 mpg moped.

What are you doing? Don't tell me, big suv, ac on and windows
rollevd up tight

Tak
a#344

Jim07D5

Jul 12, 2005, 3:22:02 PM7/12/05
Gary DeWaay <dewaay2...@sio.midco.net> said:

>Gas rationing! It's been done before during times of war... as well as
>during the 70's. Why not now? Righties keep telling me we are at war
>against Muslims, and they are terrorists by proxy.
>
>Don't the Muslims own all the oil fields in the Middle East (or at least
>the ones we didn't assume control of)?
>
>So why not end our funding of terrorism by limiting the amount of gallons
>per week per family? Let's start out at 25 gallons a week, and if that
>isn't good enough, we can go down from there.
>
>Cmon righties... it's obvious you are all too chicken to actually sign up
>for the war (or send your children) so why not sacrifice _SOMETHING_ and
>prove how patriotic you are by writing your legislators and insisting on
>gas rationing.
>
>That two dollar magnetic ribbon on your SUV just aint cutting it.

It's a pipe dream, but I'd say, jack up the price, via an increased
federal per gallon tax, to pay off the war deficit. This has less
administrative cost than rationing, and is more likely to put people
into lower mileage cars (which will incentivize the auto industry).
However, there should be an income tax credit for the first X gallons
purchased per year (backed by receipts) for the minimalist driver --
low-income people, who generally don't drive all over creation, would
need this. The guzzlers would know they are financing the war.
Jim07D5

Cary Kittrell

Jul 12, 2005, 3:23:22 PM7/12/05

The main problem being that while Bush is fully capable of mounting
a major offensive against a foreign country, he is constitutionally
incapable -- his constitution, not our Constitution -- constitutionally
incapable of even light skirmishes against the oil industry.

-- cary

Wieland the Smith

Jul 12, 2005, 3:54:03 PM7/12/05
We have that kind of tax here in Germany, it's called eco-tax, and it
makes gas rather expensive. The main point is, when oil prices go
further up, we are already adjusted, we don't have to rearrange the
complete economy, like those countries will have to, who still enjoy
rather low gas prices. For example, our railroads are still intact, and
only few people commute long distance.

Wieland the Smith
aa#2040

What happened to the trolls?

Steven Canyon

Jul 12, 2005, 4:17:16 PM7/12/05

What gas problem? I don't have a gas problem. If you do, maybe Beano
will help.

--

Steve

Col. Mortimer

Jul 12, 2005, 4:27:16 PM7/12/05
Take up America's burden
And stomp on the jihad seed
We'll kick their ass
And pump their gas
And have just what we need!

ALLAHU FUBAR!

Gary DeWaay

Jul 12, 2005, 4:30:23 PM7/12/05
Bill Bonde ('by a commodius vicus of recirculation')'s at
antonc...@unclevanya.com.rus wisdom:

> > I am down to 0 gallons per week. What more do you want? I think I will
> > sell my share to someone else. I have 25 gallons for sale at $20.00 per
> > gallon if anyone is interested.
> >
> It would be close to impossible to prevent that sort of thing, so I
> wonder what the average US family uses in gasoline per week. Anyone who
> is rich would just buy up the gas cards of people who could use the
> money more than the fuel.

And what are they going to do with this money? Eat it?

Gary DeWaay

Jul 12, 2005, 4:31:44 PM7/12/05
Bill Bonde ('by a commodius vicus of recirculation')'s at
antonc...@unclevanya.com.rus wisdom:

> > Gas rationing! It's been done before during times of war... as well as
> > during the 70's. Why not now? Righties keep telling me we are at war
> > against Muslims, and they are terrorists by proxy.
> >
> > Don't the Muslims own all the oil fields in the Middle East (or at least
> > the ones we didn't assume control of)?
> >
> > So why not end our funding of terrorism by limiting the amount of gallons
> > per week per family? Let's start out at 25 gallons a week, and if that
> > isn't good enough, we can go down from there.
> >
> What would that do to tourism?

Were we worried about that in WW2? We ARE at war, right? I keep hearing
from you guys that we are.

Gary DeWaay

Jul 12, 2005, 4:33:04 PM7/12/05
Harry F. Leopold's at hleo...@coxyx.net wisdom:

> > I am down to 0 gallons per week. What more do you want? I think I will
> > sell my share to someone else. I have 25 gallons for sale at $20.00 per
> > gallon if anyone is interested.
>
> I use less than 3 gallons a week, have for years. And I am not selling my
> "share" of that 25 gallons a week, let those damned SUV drivers run out on
> Tuesday morning.

Or better yet, donate the dollars you make to lefty causes.

Bill Bonde ('by a commodius vicus of recirculation')

Jul 12, 2005, 4:32:26 PM7/12/05

Gary DeWaay wrote:

> Bill Bonde ('by a commodius vicus of recirculation')'s at
> antonc...@unclevanya.com.rus wisdom:
>

> > > I am down to 0 gallons per week. What more do you want? I think I will
> > > sell my share to someone else. I have 25 gallons for sale at $20.00 per
> > > gallon if anyone is interested.
> > >
> > It would be close to impossible to prevent that sort of thing, so I
> > wonder what the average US family uses in gasoline per week. Anyone who
> > is rich would just buy up the gas cards of people who could use the
> > money more than the fuel.
> >

> And what are they going to do with this money? Eat it?

The point is that it is already being used in their social programmes so
they can't just cut the tax if oil goes up like was claimed.

Rick

Jul 12, 2005, 4:40:47 PM7/12/05
Gary DeWaay wrote in message ...

>Gas rationing! It's been done before during times of war... as well as
>during the 70's. Why not now? Righties keep telling me we are at war
>against Muslims, and they are terrorists by proxy.
>
>Don't the Muslims own all the oil fields in the Middle East (or at least
>the ones we didn't assume control of)?
>
>So why not end our funding of terrorism by limiting the amount of gallons
>per week per family? Let's start out at 25 gallons a week,

I don't think I've ever used anywhere near that much, except maybe on a long
trip.

>and if that isn't good enough, we can go down from there.
>
>Cmon righties... it's obvious you are all too chicken to actually sign up
>for the war (or send your children) so why not sacrifice _SOMETHING_ and
>prove how patriotic you are by writing your legislators and insisting on
>gas rationing.
>
>That two dollar magnetic ribbon on your SUV just aint cutting it.

How about cutting way back on things like auto racing? Or are you afraid to
confront Otis, who's not a rightie? And how about that great Democratic
candidate, Kerry, and his fleet of SUVs? And his $500,000 gas guzzlin boat
he uses to take his wind surfer out?

BTW, do you still drive your gas guzzlin' van for camping? I drove my 40 mpg
Civic last time I camped.

- Rick

Steven Canyon

Jul 12, 2005, 4:37:38 PM7/12/05
On Tue, 12 Jul 2005 15:31:44 -0500, Gary DeWaay
<dewaay2...@sio.midco.net> wrote:

>Bill Bonde ('by a commodius vicus of recirculation')'s at
>antonc...@unclevanya.com.rus wisdom:
>

>> > Gas rationing! It's been done before during times of war... as well as
>> > during the 70's. Why not now? Righties keep telling me we are at war
>> > against Muslims, and they are terrorists by proxy.
>> >
>> > Don't the Muslims own all the oil fields in the Middle East (or at least
>> > the ones we didn't assume control of)?
>> >
>> > So why not end our funding of terrorism by limiting the amount of gallons
>> > per week per family? Let's start out at 25 gallons a week, and if that
>> > isn't good enough, we can go down from there.
>> >
>> What would that do to tourism?
>>

>Were we worried about that in WW2? We ARE at war, right? I keep hearing
>from you guys that we are.

<LOL> The leftists try to invent solutions to nonexistent problems.
there is no gas shortage.

--

Steve

Cary Kittrell

Jul 12, 2005, 4:45:57 PM7/12/05

Good lord: thousands of pages of White Papers from the
State Department, and this man sums up the Bush
foreign policy better in five succint lines.

-- cary

Gary DeWaay

Jul 12, 2005, 4:54:00 PM7/12/05
Rick's at pl1_alp...@juNOSPAM.com wisdom:

> >Gas rationing! It's been done before during times of war... as well as
> >during the 70's. Why not now? Righties keep telling me we are at war
> >against Muslims, and they are terrorists by proxy.
> >
> >Don't the Muslims own all the oil fields in the Middle East (or at least
> >the ones we didn't assume control of)?
> >
> >So why not end our funding of terrorism by limiting the amount of gallons
> >per week per family? Let's start out at 25 gallons a week,
>
> I don't think I've ever used anywhere near that much, except maybe on a long
> trip.
>
> >and if that isn't good enough, we can go down from there.
> >
> >Cmon righties... it's obvious you are all too chicken to actually sign up
> >for the war (or send your children) so why not sacrifice _SOMETHING_ and
> >prove how patriotic you are by writing your legislators and insisting on
> >gas rationing.
> >
> >That two dollar magnetic ribbon on your SUV just aint cutting it.
>
> How about cutting way back on things like auto racing? Or are you afraid to
> confront Otis, who's not a rightie? And how about that great Democratic
> candidate, Kerry, and his fleet of SUVs? And his $500,000 gas guzzlin boat
> he uses to take his wind surfer out?

They all would be affected.

Jim07D5

Jul 12, 2005, 4:55:07 PM7/12/05
Steven Canyon <steven...@yaa.hoo> said:

<LOL-er> This thread was not about a shortage. It was about stopping
the funding of terrorism by motivating people into decreasing their
reliance on oil, which the original poster says, results in sending
money to those who support so-called "Islamic" terrorism. I agree we
should decrease our reliance on oil, and for similar geopolitical
reasons. It could even benefit the US corporate interests if they
could be motivated to see past the next quarterly results. Aren't they
your favorite people?
Jim07D5

Bill Bonde ('by a commodius vicus of recirculation')

Jul 12, 2005, 4:55:13 PM7/12/05

Gary DeWaay wrote:

> Rick's at pl1_alp...@juNOSPAM.com wisdom:
>

> > >Gas rationing! It's been done before during times of war... as well as
> > >during the 70's. Why not now? Righties keep telling me we are at war
> > >against Muslims, and they are terrorists by proxy.
> > >
> > >Don't the Muslims own all the oil fields in the Middle East (or at least
> > >the ones we didn't assume control of)?
> > >
> > >So why not end our funding of terrorism by limiting the amount of gallons
> > >per week per family? Let's start out at 25 gallons a week,
> >
> > I don't think I've ever used anywhere near that much, except maybe on a long
> > trip.
> >
> > >and if that isn't good enough, we can go down from there.
> > >
> > >Cmon righties... it's obvious you are all too chicken to actually sign up
> > >for the war (or send your children) so why not sacrifice _SOMETHING_ and
> > >prove how patriotic you are by writing your legislators and insisting on
> > >gas rationing.
> > >
> > >That two dollar magnetic ribbon on your SUV just aint cutting it.
> >
> > How about cutting way back on things like auto racing? Or are you afraid to
> > confront Otis, who's not a rightie? And how about that great Democratic
> > candidate, Kerry, and his fleet of SUVs? And his $500,000 gas guzzlin boat
> > he uses to take his wind surfer out?
>
> They all would be affected.

How? Anyone of Kerry's means would just buy coupons from other people.
It's the middle class that would be hurt by your plan.

> > BTW, do you still drive your gas guzzlin' van for camping? I drove my 40 mpg
> > Civic last time I camped.

And apparently the other poster uses a 40 mpg car already. What if he
wants to take that car on a long trip?

Gary DeWaay

Jul 12, 2005, 4:57:36 PM7/12/05
Jim07D5's at Jim...@nospam.net wisdom:

> >Cmon righties... it's obvious you are all too chicken to actually sign up
> >for the war (or send your children) so why not sacrifice _SOMETHING_ and
> >prove how patriotic you are by writing your legislators and insisting on
> >gas rationing.
> >
> >That two dollar magnetic ribbon on your SUV just aint cutting it.
>
> It's a pipe dream,

I'm shocked SHOCKED that you would insinuate the proud American patriots
of this country would put selfish driving needs in front of fighting the
war on terror.

Or that this administration would put business interests above war
interests.

but I'd say, jack up the price, via an increased
> federal per gallon tax, to pay off the war deficit. This has less
> administrative cost than rationing, and is more likely to put people
> into lower mileage cars (which will incentivize the auto industry).
> However, there should be an income tax credit for the first X gallons
> purchased per year (backed by receipts) for the minimalist driver --
> low-income people, who generally don't drive all over creation, would
> need this. The guzzlers would know they are financing the war.

They would care less.

Harry F. Leopold

Jul 12, 2005, 5:06:03 PM7/12/05
On Tue, 12 Jul 2005 15:33:04 -0500, Gary DeWaay wrote
(in article <MPG.1d3de4ffe...@news.midco.net>):

> Harry F. Leopold's at hleo...@coxyx.net wisdom:
>

>>> I am down to 0 gallons per week. What more do you want? I think I will
>>> sell my share to someone else. I have 25 gallons for sale at $20.00 per
>>> gallon if anyone is interested.
>>
>> I use less than 3 gallons a week, have for years. And I am not selling my
>> "share" of that 25 gallons a week, let those damned SUV drivers run out on
>> Tuesday morning.
>>

> Or better yet, donate the dollars you make to lefty causes.

True, possibly a nice charity to help take care of prostitutes, pussycats,
panderers, poltroons, perverts and other people looked down on by proper
people as long as those looked down on start with "P."

--
Harry F. Leopold
aa #2076

規e don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages
down alleyways to beat them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new
vocabulary."-James D. Nicoll

R. Pierce Butler

Jul 12, 2005, 5:10:38 PM7/12/05
Gary DeWaay <dewaay2...@sio.midco.net> wrote in

> Bill Bonde ('by a commodius vicus of recirculation')'s at
> antonc...@unclevanya.com.rus wisdom:
>

>> > I am down to 0 gallons per week. What more do you want? I think I
>> > will sell my share to someone else. I have 25 gallons for sale at
>> > $20.00 per gallon if anyone is interested.
>> >
>> It would be close to impossible to prevent that sort of thing, so I
>> wonder what the average US family uses in gasoline per week. Anyone who
>> is rich would just buy up the gas cards of people who could use the
>> money more than the fuel.
>>

> And what are they going to do with this money? Eat it?

spend it on lottery tickets.

rj

Steven Canyon

Jul 12, 2005, 5:03:40 PM7/12/05
On Tue, 12 Jul 2005 20:55:07 GMT, Jim07D5 <Jim...@nospam.net> wrote:

>Steven Canyon <steven...@yaa.hoo> said:
>
>>On Tue, 12 Jul 2005 15:31:44 -0500, Gary DeWaay
>><dewaay2...@sio.midco.net> wrote:
>>
>>>Bill Bonde ('by a commodius vicus of recirculation')'s at
>>>antonc...@unclevanya.com.rus wisdom:

>>>Were we worried about that in WW2? We ARE at war, right? I keep hearing
>>>from you guys that we are.
>>

>><LOL> The leftists try to invent solutions to nonexistent problems.
>>there is no gas shortage.
>
><LOL-er> This thread was not about a shortage. It was about stopping
>the funding of terrorism by motivating people into decreasing their
>reliance on oil, which the original poster says, results in sending

The original poster is a moron. Reducing our oil usage won't have any
effect on terrorism. The terrorists are fueled by hatred, not by
money nor gas.

>money to those who support so-called "Islamic" terrorism. I agree we
>should decrease our reliance on oil, and for similar geopolitical
>reasons.

Fine, then you reduce your usage...

>It could even benefit the US corporate interests if they
>could be motivated to see past the next quarterly results.

<LOL> I think the corporate interests don't really need your, or
Gary's help, but thanks anyway.

Aren't they

--

Steve

Steven Canyon

Jul 12, 2005, 5:03:42 PM7/12/05
On Tue, 12 Jul 2005 15:57:36 -0500, Gary DeWaay
<dewaay2...@sio.midco.net> wrote:

>Jim07D5's at Jim...@nospam.net wisdom:
>

>> >Cmon righties... it's obvious you are all too chicken to actually sign up
>> >for the war (or send your children) so why not sacrifice _SOMETHING_ and
>> >prove how patriotic you are by writing your legislators and insisting on
>> >gas rationing.
>> >
>> >That two dollar magnetic ribbon on your SUV just aint cutting it.
>>
>> It's a pipe dream,
>

>I'm shocked SHOCKED that you would insinuate the proud American patriots
>of this country would put selfish driving needs in front of fighting the
>war on terror.

Reducing gas usage would have no effect on the war on terror. I'm
shocked that even a moron like you would think so. Actually, I know
that you, being a leftist moron with a deep need to see more and more
laws, only want to pass some laws you think will hurt the successful
people you hate and envy and can afford to buy gas.

--

Steve

Gary DeWaay

Jul 12, 2005, 6:14:40 PM7/12/05
Steven Canyon's at steven...@yaa.hoo wisdom:

> >> What would that do to tourism?
> >>

> >Were we worried about that in WW2? We ARE at war, right? I keep hearing
> >from you guys that we are.
>

> <LOL> The leftists try to invent solutions to nonexistent problems.
> there is no gas shortage.

Only because we fellate the terrorists (ahem, Suadi Arabia) for more oil.
Why do you hate America Steve?

Gary DeWaay

Jul 12, 2005, 6:21:31 PM7/12/05
Bill Bonde ('by a commodius vicus of recirculation')'s at
antonc...@unclevanya.com.rus wisdom:

> > > How about cutting way back on things like auto racing? Or are you afraid to
> > > confront Otis, who's not a rightie? And how about that great Democratic
> > > candidate, Kerry, and his fleet of SUVs? And his $500,000 gas guzzlin boat
> > > he uses to take his wind surfer out?
> >
> > They all would be affected.
> >
> How? Anyone of Kerry's means would just buy coupons from other people.

And if he gets caught, his political career is over. Everyone is
effected.

Maybe not equally, but everyone is effected.

> It's the middle class that would be hurt by your plan.

Everyone is effected. We are at war. How selfish are you, Bill? When
the Germans bombed Pear Harbor, were we worried about the middle class?

Were we worried about missing a vacation?

> > > BTW, do you still drive your gas guzzlin' van for camping? I drove my 40 mpg
> > > Civic last time I camped.
> >
> And apparently the other poster uses a 40 mpg car already. What if he
> wants to take that car on a long trip?

You miss my point. There are sacrifices to be made in the time of war.

Do you not want to win this war Bill? Or do you not want to make
sacrifices.

You're the binary world person, PICK A HOLE!

Little Bo Clayton Has Lost His 3-Toed Sloths

Jul 12, 2005, 6:47:06 PM7/12/05

Peppermint oil helps to reduce flatulence..and what does escape smells like
breath spray!

Fester

Jul 12, 2005, 7:14:59 PM7/12/05
"Gary DeWaay" <dewaay2...@sio.midco.net> wrote in message

> Gas rationing! It's been done before during times of war... as well as
> during the 70's. Why not now? Righties keep telling me we are at war
> against Muslims, and they are terrorists by proxy.
>
> Don't the Muslims own all the oil fields in the Middle East (or at least
> the ones we didn't assume control of)?
>
> So why not end our funding of terrorism by limiting the amount of gallons
> per week per family? Let's start out at 25 gallons a week, and if that
> isn't good enough, we can go down from there.

I fail to see how rationing will help anyone. Artificially manipulating
supply and demand by the gov doesn't do anyone any good. I've long thought,
however, that our government should levy a tax on petrol. The money to be
strictly controlled and used for energy research. Along with funding a gov
effort, prizes should be awarded to private sector inventors who can come up
with renewable, greener energy sources. Even without government
intervention, I look at higher prices for a bbl of crude to be a good thing,
in the longer run. It will spur innovation in alternative sources which
would not occur at cheaper oil prices.

The bottom line, is that our long-term economic and national security
depends on our ability to remove our dependance on imported oil. And yes,
while we're at it, we can use the opportunity to be more environmentally
friendly.

> Cmon righties... it's obvious you are all too chicken to actually sign up
> for the war (or send your children) so why not sacrifice _SOMETHING_ and
> prove how patriotic you are by writing your legislators and insisting on
> gas rationing.

That's right, don't forget to sling your mashed taters. It's all just one,
big food fight to you.

Bill Bonde ('by a commodius vicus of recirculation')

Jul 12, 2005, 7:32:00 PM7/12/05

Fester wrote:

> "Gary DeWaay" <dewaay2...@sio.midco.net> wrote in message
> >
> > Gas rationing! It's been done before during times of war... as well as
> > during the 70's. Why not now? Righties keep telling me we are at war
> > against Muslims, and they are terrorists by proxy.
> >
> > Don't the Muslims own all the oil fields in the Middle East (or at least
> > the ones we didn't assume control of)?
> >
> > So why not end our funding of terrorism by limiting the amount of gallons
> > per week per family? Let's start out at 25 gallons a week, and if that
> > isn't good enough, we can go down from there.
>
> I fail to see how rationing will help anyone. Artificially manipulating
> supply and demand by the gov doesn't do anyone any good. I've long thought,
> however, that our government should levy a tax on petrol. The money to be
> strictly controlled and used for energy research. Along with funding a gov
> effort, prizes should be awarded to private sector inventors who can come up
> with renewable, greener energy sources. Even without government
> intervention, I look at higher prices for a bbl of crude to be a good thing,
> in the longer run. It will spur innovation in alternative sources which
> would not occur at cheaper oil prices.

A tax can reduce consumption but if the energy industry isn't getting
the money, it won't encourage them to innovate.

James Ascher

Jul 12, 2005, 7:48:07 PM7/12/05
Bill Bonde ('by a commodius vicus of recirculation') wrote:

> Gary DeWaay wrote:
>
>>Gas rationing! It's been done before during times of war... as well as
>>during the 70's. Why not now? Righties keep telling me we are at war
>>against Muslims, and they are terrorists by proxy.
>>
>>Don't the Muslims own all the oil fields in the Middle East (or at least
>>the ones we didn't assume control of)?
>>
>>So why not end our funding of terrorism by limiting the amount of gallons
>>per week per family? Let's start out at 25 gallons a week, and if that
>>isn't good enough, we can go down from there.
>>

> What would that do to tourism?
>

>>Cmon righties... it's obvious you are all too chicken to actually sign up
>>for the war (or send your children) so why not sacrifice _SOMETHING_ and
>>prove how patriotic you are by writing your legislators and insisting on
>>gas rationing.
>>

> Why would forcing other people to not buy gasoline be sacrificing
> anything yourself? If you don't believe in being "fuelish", if you want
> to "Save it for the Best", then you limit your burn to 25 gals a week.

Tourism would be much more local; no long distance trips! The damage, if
any, would be minor.

James

James Ascher

Jul 12, 2005, 7:54:59 PM7/12/05
R. Pierce Butler wrote:
> "Bill Bonde ('by a commodius vicus of recirculation')"
> <antonc...@unclevanya.com.rus> wrote in
>

>>"R. Pierce Butler" wrote:
>>
>>>"Bill Bonde ('by a commodius vicus of recirculation')"
>>><antonc...@unclevanya.com.rus> wrote in

>>>I am down to 0 gallons per week. What more do you want? I think I
>>>will sell my share to someone else. I have 25 gallons for sale at
>>>$20.00 per gallon if anyone is interested.
>>>

>>It would be close to impossible to prevent that sort of thing, so I
>>wonder what the average US family uses in gasoline per week. Anyone who
>>is rich would just buy up the gas cards of people who could use the
>>money more than the fuel.
>>

> Exactly. Then there is the moped factor as well. Ride a small motorcycle
> to work and get 50+ miles to the gallon. Sell the excess gas and pay for
> the bike. I would start commuting to get a free motorcycle. The whole
> scheme is half baked and pointless. This is like the "Don't buy gas the

> Nth of XXX" bit. We all saw how effective that was.

Station attendants could take down the license number of car fueling and
report it to the DMV. If the household with those plates buys more than
25 gallons a week per vehicle, it gets a $500.00 fine!

Also, if you didn't buy all 25 gallons of gas during a week, you
couldn't carry over the unused portion. A strict limit of 25 gallons per
vehicle per week would be in effect. Businesses like delivery services
(UPS, pizza places, couriers, and others) would be exempt. If a pizza
deliverer got a fine, he or she could fill out an explanation on the
fine notice and the fine would go away with out it remaining on the
driver's record.

James

James Ascher

Jul 12, 2005, 7:56:08 PM7/12/05
Harry F. Leopold wrote:
> On Tue, 12 Jul 2005 15:33:04 -0500, Gary DeWaay wrote
> (in article <MPG.1d3de4ffe...@news.midco.net>):
>

>>Harry F. Leopold's at hleo...@coxyx.net wisdom:

>>>I use less than 3 gallons a week, have for years. And I am not selling my
>>>"share" of that 25 gallons a week, let those damned SUV drivers run out on
>>>Tuesday morning.
>>>

>>Or better yet, donate the dollars you make to lefty causes.
>

> True, possibly a nice charity to help take care of prostitutes, pussycats,
> panderers, poltroons, perverts and other people looked down on by proper
> people as long as those looked down on start with "P."

Like priests?

James

Bill Bonde ('by a commodius vicus of recirculation')

Jul 12, 2005, 8:02:17 PM7/12/05

And this massive new restriction on the rights of Americans would do
exactly what to reduce gasoline use? Wouldn't people who wanted to drive
a lot just buy more than one car? What about people who share a car
between a lot of people vs the person with ten SUVs (John Kerry)?

Jim07D5

Jul 12, 2005, 8:03:17 PM7/12/05
James Ascher <jwa...@earthlink.net> said:

My friend who works at the gas station can get you all you want for a
few bucks in his pocket" etc.
Jim07D5

Fester

Jul 12, 2005, 8:21:25 PM7/12/05
"Bill Bonde ('by a commodius vicus of recirculation')"
<antonc...@unclevanya.com.rus> wrote in message

It will encourage SOMEONE to innovate when there's money in it. There isn't
enough profit in competing with oil at $30 per bbl, but at more than twice
that we're already seeing progress in such areas as bio-diesel and nuclear.
At even higher prices we will see more competitors to the oil industry enter
the market with better ideas.

David Moffitt

Jul 12, 2005, 9:18:33 PM7/12/05

"Gary DeWaay" <dewaay2...@sio.midco.net> wrote in message

> Gas rationing! It's been done before during times of war... as well as
> during the 70's. Why not now? Righties keep telling me we are at war
> against Muslims, and they are terrorists by proxy.
>
> Don't the Muslims own all the oil fields in the Middle East (or at least
> the ones we didn't assume control of)?
>
> So why not end our funding of terrorism by limiting the amount of gallons
> per week per family? Let's start out at 25 gallons a week, and if that
> isn't good enough, we can go down from there.

%%%% Why not ending the funding of terrorist by thelling the greenies to go
and fuck theirself and drill for oil in America?

> Cmon righties... it's obvious you are all too chicken to actually sign up
> for the war

%%%% I have volunteered for war and served my country. Have you put your ass
on the line for America by serving in the military Gary? :o)

(or send your children) so why not sacrifice _SOMETHING_ and
> prove how patriotic you are by writing your legislators and insisting on
> gas rationing.
>

> That two dollar magnetic ribbon on your SUV just aint cutting it.

David Moffitt

Jul 12, 2005, 9:22:44 PM7/12/05

"Tak" <nu...@null.com> wrote in message

> On Tue, 12 Jul 2005 11:30:35 -0700, "Bill Bonde ('by a commodius vicus
> of recirculation')" <antonc...@unclevanya.com.rus> wrote:
>

>>Why would forcing other people to not buy gasoline be sacrificing
>>anything yourself? If you don't believe in being "fuelish", if you want
>>to "Save it for the Best", then you limit your burn to 25 gals a week.
>

> I do. I drive a amall car and when I am making local trips to the
> store I use a 100 mpg moped.
>
> What are you doing? Don't tell me, big suv, ac on and windows
> rollevd up tight

%%%% Nope. I drive a big truck, ac on and windows rolled up tight. (it's
raining)

> Tak
> a#344

David Moffitt

Jul 12, 2005, 9:27:35 PM7/12/05

"Bill Bonde ('by a commodius vicus of recirculation')"
<antonc...@unclevanya.com.rus> wrote in message

%%%% Well he has a 1,000 mile trip he can take every week. :o)

Glenn Arnold

Jul 12, 2005, 9:28:27 PM7/12/05

Gary DeWaay wrote:

> Gas rationing! It's been done before during times of war... as well as
> during the 70's. Why not now? Righties keep telling me we are at war
> against Muslims, and they are terrorists by proxy.
>
> Don't the Muslims own all the oil fields in the Middle East (or at least
> the ones we didn't assume control of)?
>
> So why not end our funding of terrorism by limiting the amount of gallons

> per week per family? Let's start out at 25 gallons a week, and if that

> isn't good enough, we can go down from there.

Gas rationing during WWII was 3.5 gallons per week per family.

Amazingly enough, people survived!

While they were at it, they planted Victory Gardens and grew as much as 40%
of their own food, and ran scrap drives. Some people actually donated the
bumpers off their cars to aid the war effort.

That "greatest generation" did more than just send their sons off to war.
It's really ironic that the people who drive Hummers think conspicuous
consumption is patriotic.

Glenn Arnold

David Moffitt

Jul 12, 2005, 9:30:56 PM7/12/05

"James Ascher" <jwa...@earthlink.net> wrote in message

%%%% How do you deal with someone who runs on bio-diesel?

> James

Glenn Arnold

Jul 12, 2005, 9:33:55 PM7/12/05

During WWII, you had to show your rationing ID Card and the tickets had to be
attached in the book, which bore the signature of the owner. Today's
identification methods are significantly more advanced.

Of course, during WWII, very few people would have even thought of bypassing
the rationing laws, because people actually cared that they could do their part
for the war effort, and bring the boys home.

That's what is meant when we say "support the troops." At least, it's supposed
to be.

Glenn Arnold

Glenn Arnold

Jul 12, 2005, 9:35:48 PM7/12/05

"R. Pierce Butler" wrote:

> "Bill Bonde ('by a commodius vicus of recirculation')"
> <antonc...@unclevanya.com.rus> wrote in

> Exactly. Then there is the moped factor as well. Ride a small motorcycle
> to work and get 50+ miles to the gallon. Sell the excess gas and pay for
> the bike. I would start commuting to get a free motorcycle. The whole
> scheme is half baked and pointless. This is like the "Don't buy gas the
> Nth of XXX" bit. We all saw how effective that was.

Mopeds typically get around 120 mpg. My Prius gets almost 50 mpg.

Glenn Arnold

Mark K. Bilbo

Jul 12, 2005, 9:39:46 PM7/12/05
In our last episode
<JZZAe.22037$eM6....@newsread3.news.atl.earthlink.net>, David Moffitt
pirouetted gracefully and with great fanfare proclaimed:

> "Gary DeWaay" <dewaay2...@sio.midco.net> wrote in message
>>
>> Gas rationing! It's been done before during times of war... as well as
>> during the 70's. Why not now? Righties keep telling me we are at war
>> against Muslims, and they are terrorists by proxy.
>>
>> Don't the Muslims own all the oil fields in the Middle East (or at least
>> the ones we didn't assume control of)?
>>
>> So why not end our funding of terrorism by limiting the amount of
>> gallons per week per family? Let's start out at 25 gallons a week, and
>> if that isn't good enough, we can go down from there.
>
> %%%% Why not ending the funding of terrorist by thelling the greenies to
> go and fuck theirself and drill for oil in America?

Um... because we're running out?

US production peaked in 1970 and began its decline about 1986. Production
in the late '90s was down to 1950s levels and the decline continues. We've
been on the down slope of Hubbert's peak for almost twenty years now...

--
Mark K. Bilbo - a.a. #1423
EAC Department of Linguistic Subversion

Steven Canyon

Jul 12, 2005, 9:34:48 PM7/12/05
On Tue, 12 Jul 2005 17:14:40 -0500, Gary DeWaay
<dewaay2...@sio.midco.net> wrote:

>Steven Canyon's at steven...@yaa.hoo wisdom:

>> >Were we worried about that in WW2? We ARE at war, right? I keep hearing
>> >from you guys that we are.
>>

>> <LOL> The leftists try to invent solutions to nonexistent problems.
>> there is no gas shortage.
>

>Only because we fellate the terrorists (ahem, Suadi Arabia) for more oil.

Ahhhh, you're speaking for yourself, I see.

>Why do you hate America Steve?

<ROTFLMAO>

--

Steve

eddie wilson

Jul 12, 2005, 9:44:52 PM7/12/05
I am always amused by the arguments in the discussion of the topic in
this thread. It seems very closed-minded. For most it appears oil
equals only gasoline. What about all the other products made from oil?
Plastic? Home heating oil? Does anyone ever rant against the folks
heating a 4000 or 5000 square foot home in the winter, as they do for
the driver of SUVs? What about someone who drives a car that gets 25
mpg, but leaves it running while they go into a convenience store? (I
believe this may be illegal in some countries.) What about people who
let their cars run 20 minutes or more in the winter, just to avoid
scraping the windshield? There are many more things that waste energy
(not just oil) than SUVs.

Glenn Arnold

Jul 12, 2005, 9:46:44 PM7/12/05

James Ascher wrote:

Even simpler, people could be issued a rationing card, like a credit card.
Credit card machines would check the authorized name(s) on the card against the
credit card you swipe in the machine. So in order to sell someone your extra
gallons, you'd also have to give him access to your credit limit.

Glenn Arnold

Glenn Arnold

Jul 12, 2005, 9:51:11 PM7/12/05

James Ascher wrote:

It would change the mass transit equation, that's for sure.

Glenn Arnold

David Moffitt

Jul 12, 2005, 9:50:30 PM7/12/05

"Mark K. Bilbo" <alt-a...@org.webmaster> wrote in message

> In our last episode
> <JZZAe.22037$eM6....@newsread3.news.atl.earthlink.net>, David Moffitt
> pirouetted gracefully and with great fanfare proclaimed:
>
>> "Gary DeWaay" <dewaay2...@sio.midco.net> wrote in message
>>>
>>> Gas rationing! It's been done before during times of war... as well as
>>> during the 70's. Why not now? Righties keep telling me we are at war
>>> against Muslims, and they are terrorists by proxy.
>>>
>>> Don't the Muslims own all the oil fields in the Middle East (or at least
>>> the ones we didn't assume control of)?
>>>
>>> So why not end our funding of terrorism by limiting the amount of
>>> gallons per week per family? Let's start out at 25 gallons a week, and
>>> if that isn't good enough, we can go down from there.
>>
>> %%%% Why not ending the funding of terrorist by thelling the greenies to
>> go and fuck theirself and drill for oil in America?
>
> Um... because we're running out?
>
> US production peaked in 1970 and began its decline about 1986. Production
> in the late '90s was down to 1950s levels and the decline continues. We've
> been on the down slope of Hubbert's peak for almost twenty years now...

%%%% ----------------------> Alaska <---------------------------------

David Moffitt

Jul 12, 2005, 11:54:37 PM7/12/05

> In our last episode
> <Gr_Ae.22097$eM6....@newsread3.news.atl.earthlink.net>, David Moffitt

> pirouetted gracefully and with great fanfare proclaimed:
>

>> "Mark K. Bilbo" <alt-a...@org.webmaster> wrote in message
>>> In our last episode
>>> <JZZAe.22037$eM6....@newsread3.news.atl.earthlink.net>, David Moffitt
>>> pirouetted gracefully and with great fanfare proclaimed:

>>> Um... because we're running out?
>>>
>>> US production peaked in 1970 and began its decline about 1986.
>>> Production in the late '90s was down to 1950s levels and the decline
>>> continues. We've been on the down slope of Hubbert's peak for almost
>>> twenty years now...
>>
>> %%%% ----------------------> Alaska <---------------------------------
>
> What, ANWR?
>
> If we started right now, it would be *maybe 2010-2012 when the first oil
> would flow.

%%%% Then we need to start tomorrow.

If we rush. It takes several years for any field to reach
> maximum production and ANWR's max is estimated--by optimists--at 1 million
> barrels per day. Lets say this could all be done really fast and we could
> hit maximum production by 2015 (which we probably could not).
>
> US consumption is rising roughly 2%. So by 2015 we'll need around 22 to 27
> million barrels per day up from 18 to 22 (depending on whose numbers you
> use). That's 4 to 5 million per day over what we're consuming now. So
> you'd end up drilling ANWR, making a mess of the place

%%%% It is frozen tundra.

(but some nice
> profits for some corporations) only to end up importing 3 to 4 million
> barrels per day *more from foreign countries.
>
> USGS estimates for ANWR range from 3.2 billion to as much as 16 billion
> barrels.

%%%% That would be 16 billion less barrels of Middle East oil that we buy.

*But only about 2.6 billion are considered "economically
> recoverable." And keep in mind current consumption is running around 6.6
> to 8 billion barrels per year now. At the 2% increase, we'll need about 8
> to 10 billion per year by about 2015.
>

> The US, total, has about 22 billion barrels of proved reserves left. If we
> tried using nothing but domestic oil, it would last, oh, three years
> before we'd be totally dry...

%%%% How many months would it take to choke out the Middle East oil
countries? :o)

Glenn Arnold

Jul 12, 2005, 10:11:27 PM7/12/05

David Moffitt wrote:

> "Gary DeWaay" <dewaay2...@sio.midco.net> wrote in message
> >
> > Gas rationing! It's been done before during times of war... as well as
> > during the 70's. Why not now? Righties keep telling me we are at war
> > against Muslims, and they are terrorists by proxy.
> >
> > Don't the Muslims own all the oil fields in the Middle East (or at least
> > the ones we didn't assume control of)?
> >
> > So why not end our funding of terrorism by limiting the amount of gallons
> > per week per family? Let's start out at 25 gallons a week, and if that
> > isn't good enough, we can go down from there.
>
> %%%% Why not ending the funding of terrorist by thelling the greenies to go
> and fuck theirself and drill for oil in America?

America used to have the largest oil reserves in the world. We used them up
driving Cadillacs in the '60's. Oil is limited, eventually we will run out. It
would be better for us to save what little we have until everyone else has run
out.

Glenn Arnold

Glenn Arnold

Jul 12, 2005, 10:07:53 PM7/12/05

eddie wilson wrote:

Umm, I guess it's not exactly a scientific survey, but I've noticed that
it's the SUV owners that leave their cars idling at the store.

And yes, I've ranted against folks who turn their thermostats up on the
winter (and down in the summer). And does the word "McMansion" sound
supportive of oversized houses?

Glenn Arnold

Ike

Jul 12, 2005, 10:47:30 PM7/12/05

"Gary DeWaay" <dewaay2...@sio.midco.net> wrote in message

> Gas rationing!

But there is no gasoline shortage.

Mark K. Bilbo

Jul 12, 2005, 10:48:56 PM7/12/05
In our last episode
<Gr_Ae.22097$eM6....@newsread3.news.atl.earthlink.net>, David Moffitt

pirouetted gracefully and with great fanfare proclaimed:

> "Mark K. Bilbo" <alt-a...@org.webmaster> wrote in message
>> In our last episode
>> <JZZAe.22037$eM6....@newsread3.news.atl.earthlink.net>, David Moffitt
>> pirouetted gracefully and with great fanfare proclaimed:
>>
>>> "Gary DeWaay" <dewaay2...@sio.midco.net> wrote in message

>>> %%%% Why not ending the funding of terrorist by thelling the greenies
>>> to go and fuck theirself and drill for oil in America?
>>
>> Um... because we're running out?
>>
>> US production peaked in 1970 and began its decline about 1986.
>> Production in the late '90s was down to 1950s levels and the decline
>> continues. We've been on the down slope of Hubbert's peak for almost
>> twenty years now...
>
> %%%% ----------------------> Alaska <---------------------------------

What, ANWR?

If we started right now, it would be *maybe 2010-2012 when the first oil

would flow. If we rush. It takes several years for any field to reach

maximum production and ANWR's max is estimated--by optimists--at 1 million
barrels per day. Lets say this could all be done really fast and we could
hit maximum production by 2015 (which we probably could not).

US consumption is rising roughly 2%. So by 2015 we'll need around 22 to 27
million barrels per day up from 18 to 22 (depending on whose numbers you
use). That's 4 to 5 million per day over what we're consuming now. So

you'd end up drilling ANWR, making a mess of the place (but some nice

profits for some corporations) only to end up importing 3 to 4 million
barrels per day *more from foreign countries.

USGS estimates for ANWR range from 3.2 billion to as much as 16 billion

barrels. *But only about 2.6 billion are considered "economically

recoverable." And keep in mind current consumption is running around 6.6
to 8 billion barrels per year now. At the 2% increase, we'll need about 8
to 10 billion per year by about 2015.

The US, total, has about 22 billion barrels of proved reserves left. If we
tried using nothing but domestic oil, it would last, oh, three years
before we'd be totally dry...

Bill Bonde ('by a commodius vicus of recirculation')

Jul 12, 2005, 11:05:13 PM7/12/05

So ruining the economy is supporting the troops?

David Moffitt

Jul 12, 2005, 10:53:50 PM7/12/05

"Glenn Arnold" <old...@att.net> wrote in message

%%%% Do the words "class envy" sound familiar?

> Glenn Arnold

What Me Worry?

Jul 12, 2005, 10:46:38 PM7/12/05

"Bill Bonde ('by a commodius vicus of recirculation')"
<antonc...@unclevanya.com.rus> wrote in message

No, fool, gasoline is rationed per *person* not per *vehicle*. Each person
could be issued a book of fuel stamps, which they can use or trade freely.
The stamp allows them to buy a certain amount of fuel (gasoline or diesel).
People without cars who live in poorer areas could reap by selling fuel
stamps on eBay to SUV owners with long commutes. How much is it worth to
get to work each day without selling off your now-worthless land yacht?

>> Also, if you didn't buy all 25 gallons of gas during a week, you
>> couldn't carry over the unused portion.

That seems like a silly restriction. Just issue the stamps. No need for
time limits.

>>A strict limit of 25 gallons per
>> vehicle per week would be in effect. Businesses like delivery services
>> (UPS, pizza places, couriers, and others) would be exempt.

Sorry, no, they wouldn't. That's why they call it "rationing." We're at
war, remember? How many terrorists do you want to arm with profits from
that pizza delivery gasoline?

>> If a pizza
>> deliverer got a fine, he or she could fill out an explanation on the
>> fine notice and the fine would go away with out it remaining on the
>> driver's record.

You're a pizza delivery guy, aren't you?

> And this massive new restriction on the rights of Americans would do
> exactly what to reduce gasoline use?

It would keep us from having to import oil that funds terrorism.

> Wouldn't people who wanted to drive
> a lot just buy more than one car? What about people who share a car
> between a lot of people vs the person with ten SUVs (John Kerry)?

Gasoline is rationed per person, or per household, not per car. That's the
only fair way to do it. Got three cars? You can only drive one at a time,
right? One rationing book for you. One for your wife. Or perhaps one per
household. Whassamatter? Don't you believe in the war effort, son?

R. Pierce Butler

Jul 13, 2005, 12:19:04 AM7/13/05
James Ascher <jwa...@earthlink.net> wrote in

> Also, if you didn't buy all 25 gallons of gas during a week, you

> couldn't carry over the unused portion. A strict limit of 25 gallons per

> vehicle per week would be in effect. Businesses like delivery services

> (UPS, pizza places, couriers, and others) would be exempt. If a pizza

> deliverer got a fine, he or she could fill out an explanation on the
> fine notice and the fine would go away with out it remaining on the
> driver's record.
>

> James

License plates are available along with picture ID's or any other sceme
you might come up with to thwart my selling of my share of the gas. Face
it, it is a half baked idea that won't fly and won't work. Did you know
that Canada has more oil reserves than the mideast? The only problem is
that it costs more to pump the Canadin oil out of the ground. Then again
there is always coal. There is enough coal in this country to last then
next 1000 centuries IIRC. There is enough coal east of Austin Texas to
keep Alcoa Aluminum going for the next 100 years or more. Alcoa has
already bought the land and is now negotiating for water. A lot of water
is needed to wash the coal not to mention the other needs such as mining,
living needs of workers, etc.

rj

magilla

Jul 13, 2005, 12:24:17 AM7/13/05

OK, now take your blood pressure medicine. Take a deep breath. This is
going to be very, very difficult to take for anyone who thinks John
Kerry owns ten SUVs.

Breathe deep.

OK, here we go.

In times of actual crisis, Americans (and others!) have been known to
***voluntarily*** forego certain products and behaviors!

Now, you seem like exactly the kind of person who won't quite get this.
Let me type this question slowly. If the President came on TV and said
"We are supporting terrorism and wrecking our habitat by using so much
oil", what would be your response?

A) Get in my Escalade and drive to the *second* closest MiniMart for a
quart of milk I didn't need
B)Get in my Escalade and drive really really fast to the gas station to
tank up
C)Think about getting a hybrid vehicle, and meanwhile, walking the 3
blocks to the barber that I used to drive in my Escalade

My guess is, you're an 'A' type, with perhaps a slight leaning to 'B'

Get this straight: Americans don't have any "right" to petroleum
products. They follow the law of supply and demand. If you want rights,
look at the first 10 amendments to the US Constitution. I don't think
it says anything about oil there.

Chris
aa2186

R. Pierce Butler

Jul 13, 2005, 12:25:28 AM7/13/05
"Bill Bonde ('by a commodius vicus of recirculation')"
<an...@vanya.com.lo> wrote in news:42D484E9...@vanya.com.lo:

Especially when gas is $0.40 per gallon in mideast countries. Guess where
the rest of the money goes? Just be thankful you don't live in Canada or
Europe where it is taxed higher than it is in the US.

rj

R. Pierce Butler

Jul 13, 2005, 12:27:44 AM7/13/05
"David Moffitt" <moffitcl@weaselstomping..com> wrote in news:E1_Ae.22051
$eM6....@newsread3.news.atl.earthlink.net:

Keeping the windows rolled up keeps the coeffecient of drag low thus
yielding better mileage than if the windows are down.

rj

Rick

Jul 13, 2005, 12:43:37 AM7/13/05
David Moffitt wrote in message ...

I wouldn't trust my car to go that far.

- Rick

Bill Bonde ('by a commodius vicus of recirculation')

Jul 13, 2005, 12:54:31 AM7/13/05

The price of gasoline from the refinery in the US is not 40 cents a
gallon.

Mike Painter

Jul 13, 2005, 1:00:45 AM7/13/05
That's the idea but tests don't support it. The difference is to small and
the driving variables to great.
A steady foot and a constant speed or very high speed driving by a pro might
show it.

Rick

Jul 13, 2005, 1:06:04 AM7/13/05
R. Pierce Butler wrote in message ...
[snip]

>Keeping the windows rolled up keeps the coeffecient of drag low thus
>yielding better mileage than if the windows are down.

I don't think that has much effect at most in-town speeds. I remember one
trip I took in the only gas guzzler I ever had - a '70 Chevy. It was about
95 deg and extremely humid on a drive to Nebraska from Chicago. It had no
air conditioning, but those old wing vent windows worked fairly well at
directing a blast of air at me. I stripped down to gym shorts, sat on a
towel to soak up the sweat, and kept up to 85 mph whenever possible. It was
almost bearable, but I swore to never have a car without AC again. I'm sure
I didn't get good mileage then.

- Rick

Bill Bonde ('by a commodius vicus of recirculation')

Jul 13, 2005, 1:17:50 AM7/13/05

Better tell the car companies that all that effort in the wind tunnels
is hot air since completely changing the aerodynamics of the car by
opening all the windows doesn't show any effect on mileage except when a
"pro" drives the car.

nJb

Jul 13, 2005, 1:35:33 AM7/13/05
Rick wrote:

> Gary DeWaay wrote in message ...

>>Gas rationing! It's been done before during times of war... as well as
>>during the 70's. Why not now? Righties keep telling me we are at war
>>against Muslims, and they are terrorists by proxy.
>>
>>Don't the Muslims own all the oil fields in the Middle East (or at least
>>the ones we didn't assume control of)?
>>
>>So why not end our funding of terrorism by limiting the amount of gallons
>>per week per family? Let's start out at 25 gallons a week,
>

> I don't think I've ever used anywhere near that much, except maybe on a long
> trip.
>

>>and if that isn't good enough, we can go down from there.
>>

>>Cmon righties... it's obvious you are all too chicken to actually sign up
>>for the war (or send your children) so why not sacrifice _SOMETHING_ and
>>prove how patriotic you are by writing your legislators and insisting on
>>gas rationing.
>>

>>That two dollar magnetic ribbon on your SUV just aint cutting it.
>

> How about cutting way back on things like auto racing? Or are you afraid to
> confront Otis, who's not a rightie? And how about that great Democratic
> candidate, Kerry, and his fleet of SUVs? And his $500,000 gas guzzlin boat
> he uses to take his wind surfer out?
>

> BTW, do you still drive your gas guzzlin' van for camping? I drove my 40 mpg
> Civic last time I camped.
>

> - Rick

I wish I could get my wife's Saturn to the places I camp, just not going
to happen. Maybe I'll have to camp closer to pavement for a while.

--
Jack

Plonked by Native American

bobo1148atxmissiondotcom

http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/xmissionbobo/

nJb

Jul 13, 2005, 1:38:55 AM7/13/05
Steven Canyon wrote:

> On Tue, 12 Jul 2005 15:31:44 -0500, Gary DeWaay
> <dewaay2...@sio.midco.net> wrote:
>

>>Bill Bonde ('by a commodius vicus of recirculation')'s at
>>antonc...@unclevanya.com.rus wisdom:

>>>What would that do to tourism?
>>>

>>Were we worried about that in WW2? We ARE at war, right? I keep hearing
>
>>from you guys that we are.
>

> <LOL> The leftists try to invent solutions to nonexistent problems.
> there is no gas shortage.
>

> --
>
> Steve

I think the point was that we are buying the gas from the Middle East
which supports terrorism. Whether that premise is right or wrong, that
was the point. I don't think the OP was implying a shortage, just a problem.

nJb

Jul 13, 2005, 1:41:51 AM7/13/05
Gary DeWaay wrote:

> Jim07D5's at Jim...@nospam.net wisdom:

>>>Cmon righties... it's obvious you are all too chicken to actually sign up
>>>for the war (or send your children) so why not sacrifice _SOMETHING_ and
>>>prove how patriotic you are by writing your legislators and insisting on
>>>gas rationing.
>>>
>>>That two dollar magnetic ribbon on your SUV just aint cutting it.
>>

>>It's a pipe dream,
>

> I'm shocked SHOCKED that you would insinuate the proud American patriots
> of this country would put selfish driving needs in front of fighting the
> war on terror.
>
> Or that this administration would put business interests above war
> interests.
>

> but I'd say, jack up the price, via an increased
>
>>federal per gallon tax, to pay off the war deficit. This has less
>>administrative cost than rationing, and is more likely to put people
>>into lower mileage cars (which will incentivize the auto industry).
>>However, there should be an income tax credit for the first X gallons
>>purchased per year (backed by receipts) for the minimalist driver --
>>low-income people, who generally don't drive all over creation, would
>>need this. The guzzlers would know they are financing the war.
>

> They would care less.

Right, as long as they don't have to fight it.

nJb

Jul 13, 2005, 1:45:41 AM7/13/05
Gary DeWaay wrote:

> Bill Bonde ('by a commodius vicus of recirculation')'s at
> antonc...@unclevanya.com.rus wisdom:

>>>They all would be affected.
>>>

>>How? Anyone of Kerry's means would just buy coupons from other people.
>

> And if he gets caught, his political career is over. Everyone is
> effected.
>
> Maybe not equally, but everyone is effected.

>>It's the middle class that would be hurt by your plan.
>>

> Everyone is effected. We are at war. How selfish are you, Bill? When
> the Germans bombed Pear Harbor, were we worried about the middle class?

This is right out of "Animal House".

Hawkster

Jul 13, 2005, 1:47:59 AM7/13/05
"Bill Bonde ('by a commodius vicus of recirculation')"
<an...@vanya.com.lo> wrote in news:42D484E9...@vanya.com.lo:

<..>

> So ruining the economy is supporting the troops?

From The Big Little Bill Bonde Phrase Book:

"Ruining the economy" -- Taking any action that could possibly cause the
slightest personal inconvenience for Bill Bonde

Rick

Jul 13, 2005, 1:51:25 AM7/13/05
David Moffitt wrote in message ...

>"Gary DeWaay" <dewaay2...@sio.midco.net> wrote in message
>>
>> Gas rationing! It's been done before during times of war... as well as
>> during the 70's. Why not now? Righties keep telling me we are at war
>> against Muslims, and they are terrorists by proxy.
>>
>> Don't the Muslims own all the oil fields in the Middle East (or at least
>> the ones we didn't assume control of)?
>>
>> So why not end our funding of terrorism by limiting the amount of gallons
>> per week per family? Let's start out at 25 gallons a week, and if that
>> isn't good enough, we can go down from there.
>
>%%%% Why not ending the funding of terrorist by thelling the greenies to go
>and fuck theirself and drill for oil in America?
>

>> Cmon righties... it's obvious you are all too chicken to actually sign up
>> for the war
>
>%%%% I have volunteered for war and served my country. Have you put your
ass
>on the line for America by serving in the military Gary? :o)

He didn't go there with the Human Shields, and won't even go over to help
the Freedom Fighters. He just fights for America's Freedom by whining on
USENET - he's one of the 104<th> Fearmongering Fictitionizers.

>(or send your children) so why not sacrifice _SOMETHING_ and
>> prove how patriotic you are by writing your legislators and insisting on
>> gas rationing.
>>
>> That two dollar magnetic ribbon on your SUV just aint cutting it.

- Rick

R. Pierce Butler

Jul 13, 2005, 1:52:52 AM7/13/05
"Bill Bonde ('by a commodius vicus of recirculation')"
<an...@vanya.com.lo> wrote in news:42D49E87...@vanya.com.lo:

Yes, but consider what it does cost vs. the pump price. The taxes cost
more than the fuel. It may not be true anymore as I have not seen a bill
of lading in a while, but the taxation rate was ridiculous when I saw one.
I did some IT work a few years ago for a trucking firm and the fuel taxes
were amazing. The paperwork triply so.

rj

nJb

Jul 13, 2005, 1:55:36 AM7/13/05
Glenn Arnold wrote:

> Gary DeWaay wrote:
>

>>Gas rationing! It's been done before during times of war... as well as
>>during the 70's. Why not now? Righties keep telling me we are at war
>>against Muslims, and they are terrorists by proxy.
>>
>>Don't the Muslims own all the oil fields in the Middle East (or at least
>>the ones we didn't assume control of)?
>>
>>So why not end our funding of terrorism by limiting the amount of gallons
>>per week per family? Let's start out at 25 gallons a week, and if that
>>isn't good enough, we can go down from there.
>

> Gas rationing during WWII was 3.5 gallons per week per family.
>
> Amazingly enough, people survived!

And a family was lucky to have a car. Now every member of the family has
a car.

nJb

Jul 13, 2005, 2:03:06 AM7/13/05
Glenn Arnold wrote:

> eddie wilson wrote:
>

>>I am always amused by the arguments in the discussion of the topic in
>>this thread. It seems very closed-minded. For most it appears oil
>>equals only gasoline. What about all the other products made from oil?
>> Plastic? Home heating oil? Does anyone ever rant against the folks
>>heating a 4000 or 5000 square foot home in the winter, as they do for
>>the driver of SUVs? What about someone who drives a car that gets 25
>>mpg, but leaves it running while they go into a convenience store? (I
>>believe this may be illegal in some countries.) What about people who
>>let their cars run 20 minutes or more in the winter, just to avoid
>>scraping the windshield? There are many more things that waste energy
>>(not just oil) than SUVs.
>

> Umm, I guess it's not exactly a scientific survey, but I've noticed that
> it's the SUV owners that leave their cars idling at the store.

In Utah it's not just SUV owners, it's everybody. Well, except for me
and one other guy and I think he does it when I'm not around.

> And yes, I've ranted against folks who turn their thermostats up on the
> winter (and down in the summer). And does the word "McMansion" sound
> supportive of oversized houses?

I prefer "El Rancho Mo'dern"

> Glenn Arnold

R. Pierce Butler

Jul 13, 2005, 2:01:48 AM7/13/05
"Bill Bonde ('by a commodius vicus of recirculation')"
<an...@vanya.com.lo> wrote in news:42D4A3FE...@vanya.com.lo:

Apparantly there was a "Mythbusters" episode that showed that cars with AC
on and the windows up got better milerage than with the windows down and
the AC off. The test was done at highway speeds. My car does not exhibit
this but it could be that the stop and go driving eats up the gas with the
AC on.

rj

nJb

Jul 13, 2005, 2:04:21 AM7/13/05
Glenn Arnold wrote:

> David Moffitt wrote:
>

>>"Gary DeWaay" <dewaay2...@sio.midco.net> wrote in message
>>

>>>Gas rationing! It's been done before during times of war... as well as
>>>during the 70's. Why not now? Righties keep telling me we are at war
>>>against Muslims, and they are terrorists by proxy.
>>>
>>>Don't the Muslims own all the oil fields in the Middle East (or at least
>>>the ones we didn't assume control of)?
>>>
>>>So why not end our funding of terrorism by limiting the amount of gallons
>>>per week per family? Let's start out at 25 gallons a week, and if that
>>>isn't good enough, we can go down from there.
>>

>>%%%% Why not ending the funding of terrorist by thelling the greenies to go
>>and fuck theirself and drill for oil in America?
>

> America used to have the largest oil reserves in the world. We used them up
> driving Cadillacs in the '60's. Oil is limited, eventually we will run out. It
> would be better for us to save what little we have until everyone else has run
> out.
>
> Glenn Arnold

Oh yeah, *now* you're going to bring logic into the argument. ;)

nJb

Jul 13, 2005, 2:06:27 AM7/13/05
Ike wrote:

That's another thread, Ike.

nJb

Jul 13, 2005, 1:59:43 AM7/13/05
David Moffitt wrote:

> "Mark K. Bilbo" <alt-a...@org.webmaster> wrote in message
>
>>In our last episode
>><JZZAe.22037$eM6....@newsread3.news.atl.earthlink.net>, David Moffitt
>>pirouetted gracefully and with great fanfare proclaimed:
>>

>>>"Gary DeWaay" <dewaay2...@sio.midco.net> wrote in message

>>>%%%% Why not ending the funding of terrorist by thelling the greenies to
>>>go and fuck theirself and drill for oil in America?
>>

>>Um... because we're running out?
>>
>>US production peaked in 1970 and began its decline about 1986. Production
>>in the late '90s was down to 1950s levels and the decline continues. We've
>>been on the down slope of Hubbert's peak for almost twenty years now...
>

> %%%% ----------------------> Alaska <---------------------------------

Why didn't I think of that, they have an infinite supply.

nJb

Jul 13, 2005, 2:26:40 AM7/13/05
David Moffitt wrote:

Something about the French Revolution?

nJb

Jul 13, 2005, 2:23:27 AM7/13/05
Mark K. Bilbo wrote:

> In our last episode
> <Gr_Ae.22097$eM6....@newsread3.news.atl.earthlink.net>, David Moffitt

> pirouetted gracefully and with great fanfare proclaimed:
>

>>"Mark K. Bilbo" <alt-a...@org.webmaster> wrote in message
>>
>>>In our last episode
>>><JZZAe.22037$eM6....@newsread3.news.atl.earthlink.net>, David Moffitt
>>>pirouetted gracefully and with great fanfare proclaimed:

>>>Um... because we're running out?
>>>
>>>US production peaked in 1970 and began its decline about 1986.
>>>Production in the late '90s was down to 1950s levels and the decline
>>>continues. We've been on the down slope of Hubbert's peak for almost
>>>twenty years now...
>>
>>%%%% ----------------------> Alaska <---------------------------------
>

> What, ANWR?
>
> If we started right now, it would be *maybe 2010-2012 when the first oil
> would flow. If we rush. It takes several years for any field to reach
> maximum production and ANWR's max is estimated--by optimists--at 1 million
> barrels per day. Lets say this could all be done really fast and we could
> hit maximum production by 2015 (which we probably could not).

"Operating around the clock, 365 days a year, the Pascagoula Refinery
processes 325,000 barrels* (13.6 million gallons) of crude oil per day
in the manufacture of petroleum products and chemicals used to
manufacture many other useful products. *(A barrel equals 42 gallons.)"

US refineries use 15 million barrels per day.

http://www.eia.doe.gov/pub/oil_gas/petroleum/data_publications/weekly_petroleum_status_report/current/pdf/table02.pdf

Check your math Mr.Moffitt, we're about 14 million barrels per day
short. Damn environmeddlers.

> US consumption is rising roughly 2%. So by 2015 we'll need around 22 to 27
> million barrels per day up from 18 to 22 (depending on whose numbers you
> use). That's 4 to 5 million per day over what we're consuming now. So
> you'd end up drilling ANWR, making a mess of the place (but some nice
> profits for some corporations) only to end up importing 3 to 4 million
> barrels per day *more from foreign countries.
>
> USGS estimates for ANWR range from 3.2 billion to as much as 16 billion
> barrels. *But only about 2.6 billion are considered "economically
> recoverable." And keep in mind current consumption is running around 6.6
> to 8 billion barrels per year now. At the 2% increase, we'll need about 8
> to 10 billion per year by about 2015.
>

> The US, total, has about 22 billion barrels of proved reserves left. If we
> tried using nothing but domestic oil, it would last, oh, three years
> before we'd be totally dry...

22 billion total? We might make it 3-1/2 years. Then we would have to go
to war. With no oil. Don't you just love the logic coming from the right?

nJb

Jul 13, 2005, 2:30:37 AM7/13/05
David Moffitt wrote:

> "Mark K. Bilbo" <alt-a...@org.webmaster> wrote in message

> %%%% Then we need to start tomorrow.

> If we rush. It takes several years for any field to reach
>
>>maximum production and ANWR's max is estimated--by optimists--at 1 million
>>barrels per day. Lets say this could all be done really fast and we could
>>hit maximum production by 2015 (which we probably could not).
>>

>>US consumption is rising roughly 2%. So by 2015 we'll need around 22 to 27
>>million barrels per day up from 18 to 22 (depending on whose numbers you
>>use). That's 4 to 5 million per day over what we're consuming now. So
>>you'd end up drilling ANWR, making a mess of the place
>

> %%%% It is frozen tundra.

> (but some nice
>
>>profits for some corporations) only to end up importing 3 to 4 million
>>barrels per day *more from foreign countries.
>>
>>USGS estimates for ANWR range from 3.2 billion to as much as 16 billion
>>barrels.
>

> %%%% That would be 16 billion less barrels of Middle East oil that we buy.

> *But only about 2.6 billion are considered "economically
>
>>recoverable." And keep in mind current consumption is running around 6.6
>>to 8 billion barrels per year now. At the 2% increase, we'll need about 8
>>to 10 billion per year by about 2015.
>>

>>The US, total, has about 22 billion barrels of proved reserves left. If we
>>tried using nothing but domestic oil, it would last, oh, three years
>>before we'd be totally dry...
>

> %%%% How many months would it take to choke out the Middle East oil
> countries? :o)

Probably not long if China and Japan quit buying also. Fat chance.

nJb

Jul 13, 2005, 2:38:01 AM7/13/05
magilla wrote:

Damn, that was good. Couldn't we amend the constitution? ;)

Clave

Jul 13, 2005, 2:35:42 AM7/13/05
"nJb" <no...@nowhere.com> wrote in message news:db2cbb$blv$1...@news.xmission.com...

Solid 9.6 for style.

Jim

nJb

Jul 13, 2005, 2:33:11 AM7/13/05
R. Pierce Butler wrote:

> James Ascher <jwa...@earthlink.net> wrote in

>>R. Pierce Butler wrote:
>>
>>>"Bill Bonde ('by a commodius vicus of recirculation')"
>>><antonc...@unclevanya.com.rus> wrote in

>>James
>>

> License plates are available along with picture ID's or any other sceme
> you might come up with to thwart my selling of my share of the gas. Face
> it, it is a half baked idea that won't fly and won't work. Did you know
> that Canada has more oil reserves than the mideast? The only problem is
> that it costs more to pump the Canadin oil out of the ground. Then again
> there is always coal. There is enough coal in this country to last then
> next 1000 centuries IIRC. There is enough coal east of Austin Texas to
> keep Alcoa Aluminum going for the next 100 years or more. Alcoa has
> already bought the land and is now negotiating for water. A lot of water
> is needed to wash the coal not to mention the other needs such as mining,
> living needs of workers, etc.
>
> rj

Funny you should mention water. It's going to be tough explaining to
thirsty people that we need the water to wash coal.

David Moffitt

Jul 13, 2005, 4:14:32 PM7/13/05

"Steven Canyon" <steven...@yaaa.hoo> wrote in message

> On Wed, 13 Jul 2005 12:26:31 -0600, nJb <no...@nowhere.com> wrote:
>
>>Steven Canyon wrote:
>>> The terrorism has nothing to do with us buying their oil.
>>
>>Which is pure bullshit and has nothing to do with the fact that you
>
> <LOL> Terrorism has nothing to do with us buying and using oil from
> the middle East. Their hatred of us is simply because our way of
> life is making their way of life look like shit. They fear that the
> young moslems will be lured away from the control of the Mullahs by
> the wonders of freedom.

%%%% Now we are getting near the reason of kicking out Saddam.

>>claimed this thread was about a gas shortage when it isn't. Turn off the
>>Junkie and learn how to read.
>

> --
>
> Steve

Glenn Arnold

Jul 13, 2005, 12:49:36 PM7/13/05

Ike wrote:

> "Gary DeWaay" <dewaay2...@sio.midco.net> wrote in message
> >
> > Gas rationing!
>

> But there is no gasoline shortage.

Define shortage. There is no gasoline shortage in your gas tank. You car
runs fine until you run out.

Petroleum is finite. End of story.

Glenn Arnold

Glenn Arnold

Jul 13, 2005, 12:46:02 PM7/13/05

"Bill Bonde ('by a commodius vicus of recirculation')" wrote:

> Glenn Arnold wrote:

> > > It would be close to impossible to prevent that sort of thing, so I
> > > wonder what the average US family uses in gasoline per week. Anyone who
> > > is rich would just buy up the gas cards of people who could use the
> > > money more than the fuel.
> >

> > During WWII, you had to show your rationing ID Card and the tickets had to be
> > attached in the book, which bore the signature of the owner. Today's
> > identification methods are significantly more advanced.
> >
> > Of course, during WWII, very few people would have even thought of bypassing
> > the rationing laws, because people actually cared that they could do their part
> > for the war effort, and bring the boys home.
> >
> > That's what is meant when we say "support the troops." At least, it's supposed
> > to be.
> >
> So ruining the economy is supporting the troops?

That's right, we ruined the economy during WWII.

Twist it anyway you want, your only making the oil companies rich, not "supporting
the economy" or the troops.

Glenn Arnold

David Moffitt

Jul 13, 2005, 5:25:01 AM7/13/05

"Mike Painter" <mddotp...@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message

%%%% I run mine up to 65mph and set the auto pilot and let the beast cruise
down the road. I carry 44 gallons of fuel when full and do not have to stop
for hours except to "potty". :o)

R. Pierce Butler

Jul 13, 2005, 12:51:34 PM7/13/05
nJb <no...@nowhere.com> wrote in news:db2p7t$jsh$1...@news.xmission.com:

> David Moffitt wrote:
>
>> "nJb" <no...@nowhere.com> wrote in message

>> %%%% What happens to the water after you wash the coal? :o)
>
> Wash the gases produced by burning the coal.
>
> My point was that the water situation will make the oil situation seem
> minor.

The water used in the mine in austin will be used strictly for mining. The
actual smelting operations will occur at their normal locations. The coal
will be shipped out via railroad. If they were to transport bauxite, a
roll of aluminum foil would cost several times what it does now.

rj

David Moffitt

Jul 13, 2005, 4:06:45 PM7/13/05

> Mark K. Bilbo wrote:
>
>> In our last episode
>> <g79Be.9526$aY6....@newsread1.news.atl.earthlink.net>, David Moffitt

>> pirouetted gracefully and with great fanfare proclaimed:
>>

>>>"Mark K. Bilbo" <alt-a...@org.webmaster> wrote in message

>>>%%%% You didn't mention the Greenieweenies protestion the construction of
>>>one.
>>

>> No matter how man environmental controls you gut, refineries are not
>> built
>> over a weekend.
>>
>> You ever actually *seen one? I live in a oil state, there's one down the
>> road from the house. They're freakin' *huge and outrageously complex.
>
> And the steel will come from China and Japan. So much for cutting off the
> oil money to the Mid East.

%%%% The steel comes from us and they import, especially Japan.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the
black flag, and begin slitting throats.---- H. L. Mencken

David Moffitt

Jul 13, 2005, 5:27:57 AM7/13/05

"Rick" <pl1_alp...@juNOSPAM.com> wrote in message

> David Moffitt wrote in message ...
>>
>>"Gary DeWaay" <dewaay2...@sio.midco.net> wrote in message
>>>
>>> Gas rationing! It's been done before during times of war... as well as
>>> during the 70's. Why not now? Righties keep telling me we are at war
>>> against Muslims, and they are terrorists by proxy.
>>>
>>> Don't the Muslims own all the oil fields in the Middle East (or at least
>>> the ones we didn't assume control of)?
>>>
>>> So why not end our funding of terrorism by limiting the amount of
>>> gallons
>>> per week per family? Let's start out at 25 gallons a week, and if that
>>> isn't good enough, we can go down from there.
>>
>>%%%% Why not ending the funding of terrorist by thelling the greenies to
>>go
>>and fuck theirself and drill for oil in America?
>>

>>> Cmon righties... it's obvious you are all too chicken to actually sign
>>> up
>>> for the war
>>
>>%%%% I have volunteered for war and served my country. Have you put your
> ass
>>on the line for America by serving in the military Gary? :o)
>
> He didn't go there with the Human Shields, and won't even go over to help
> the Freedom Fighters. He just fights for America's Freedom by whining on
> USENET - he's one of the 104<th> Fearmongering Fictitionizers.

%%%% ROTFLMAO!

David Moffitt

Jul 13, 2005, 5:21:54 AM7/13/05

> "David Moffitt" <moffitcl@weaselstomping..com> wrote in news:E1_Ae.22051
> $eM6....@newsread3.news.atl.earthlink.net:
>

>> "Tak" <nu...@null.com> wrote in message

>>> I do. I drive a amall car and when I am making local trips to the
>>> store I use a 100 mpg moped.
>>>
>>> What are you doing? Don't tell me, big suv, ac on and windows
>>> rollevd up tight
>>
>> %%%% Nope. I drive a big truck, ac on and windows rolled up tight. (it's
>> raining)
>>

>>> Tak
>>> a#344
>>

> Keeping the windows rolled up keeps the coeffecient of drag low thus
> yielding better mileage than if the windows are down.
>
> rj

%%%% Exactly. With the diesel engine the ac makes no difference in mileage.
:o)

David Moffitt

Jul 13, 2005, 4:13:02 PM7/13/05

> David Moffitt's at moffitcl@weaselstomping..com wisdom:

>> "Gary DeWaay" <dewaay2...@sio.midco.net> wrote in message
>> >
>> > Gas rationing! It's been done before during times of war... as well as
>> > during the 70's. Why not now? Righties keep telling me we are at war
>> > against Muslims, and they are terrorists by proxy.
>> >
>> > Don't the Muslims own all the oil fields in the Middle East (or at
>> > least
>> > the ones we didn't assume control of)?
>> >
>> > So why not end our funding of terrorism by limiting the amount of
>> > gallons
>> > per week per family? Let's start out at 25 gallons a week, and if that
>> > isn't good enough, we can go down from there.
>>
>> %%%% Why not ending the funding of terrorist by thelling the greenies to
>> go
>> and fuck theirself and drill for oil in America?
>

> Are you referring to the oil that is off the beaches in Florida? Lotsa
> oil there. More so than in Alaska.

%%%% More off of the coast of Califiornia the land of fruits and nuts!

>> > Cmon righties... it's obvious you are all too chicken to actually sign
>> > up
>> > for the war
>>
>> %%%% I have volunteered for war and served my country.
>

> This is debatable, considering you refuse to provide actual proof, such as
> what your real name is.

%%%% You have my real name and I've posted my DD214 on the net. Ask
Mitchell!

> Have you put your ass
>> on the line for America by serving in the military Gary? :o)
>

> I've already said I was too young for Vietnam, and had no interest in the
> military after that. If they drafted me, I would serve (although I am 45,
> I am in better shape than most 20 year olds... how about YOU fat ass?
> Could you handle the military today?)

%%%% Since I'm a 56 y/o disabled vet the answer would be no. I serve now by
helping the families of the deployed 101Abn soldiers. FYI I'm not fat. You
must have me confused with the cowardly Canadian d-cup Jamison. :o)

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the
black flag, and begin slitting throats.---- H. L. Mencken

>> (or send your children) so why not sacrifice _SOMETHING_ and
>> > prove how patriotic you are by writing your legislators and insisting
>> > on
>> > gas rationing.
>> >
>> > That two dollar magnetic ribbon on your SUV just aint cutting it.
>>

>> > --
>> > Gary
>> >
>> > "Listen, I know of nobody -- I don't know of anybody in my
>> > administration
>> > who leaked classified information. If somebody did leak classified
>> > information, I'd like to know it, and we'll take the appropriate
>> > action.
>> >
>> > George W. Bush September 30, 2003
>>

> --
> Gary
>
> "Listen, I know of nobody -- I don't know of anybody in my administration
> who leaked classified information. If somebody did leak classified
> information, I'd like to know it, and we'll take the appropriate action.
>
> George W. Bush September 30, 2003

nJb

Jul 13, 2005, 6:30:39 AM7/13/05
David Moffitt wrote:

> "nJb" <no...@nowhere.com> wrote in message

>>The ac puts a load on a gasoline engine but no load on a diesel engine?
>

> %%%% It has little effect on a high horsepower high torque engine. A 10hp ac
> load matter a lot to a 100hp low torque engine. It matters little to a 400hp
> high torque engine.

So it makes "little" difference rather than "no" difference.

It is loading more messages.