NPR: National Propaganda Radio

Okechukwu Chima Echeruo

May 30, 1994, 2:07:22 PM5/30/94

Am I the only one who thinks that NPR is full of propaganda that supports
the government, big business and "new age" organizations. And since when
did they start accepting money from organizations with an interest in
shaping public opinion?

I used to listen to NPR but now I can hardly stand it. Since AB (the beer
company?) and the NEA are already sponsoring their shows, I can't wait for
Planned Parenthood, NRA, Operation Rescue and others to join in.

All the propaganda that is fit to air.

Jeffrey Salzberg

May 30, 1994, 2:59:25 PM5/30/94
In article <1994May30.1...@newstand.syr.edu>,

Okechukwu Chima Echeruo <oech...@gamera.syr.edu> wrote:

>Am I the only one who thinks that NPR is full of propaganda that supports
>the government, big business and "new age" organizations.

Probably.

David A. Kaye

May 31, 1994, 2:28:29 AM5/31/94
Okechukwu Chima Echeruo (oech...@gamera.syr.edu) wrote:

: Am I the only one who thinks that NPR is full of propaganda that supports

: the government, big business and "new age" organizations.

No, you are not alone. But consider how many supporters of NPR stations
are former hippies who got rich and are now more conservative than their
parents. Heck, even Berkeley is cracking down on street people now, and
even passed a law against the famous "naked guy". So, NPR is probably a
reflection of its conservative, tofu-eating supporters. I'm not holding
my breath for NPR to become liberal any time soon. Gee, even the SF
Chronicle, a newspaper which has towed the Republican party line for
generations, had a prisoner writing columns from prison -- LONG before
this NPR dude was even thought of.

: I used to listen to NPR but now I can hardly stand it. Since AB (the beer

: company?) and the NEA are already sponsoring their shows, I can't wait for
: Planned Parenthood, NRA, Operation Rescue and others to join in.
: All the propaganda that is fit to air.

The less government funding goes to NPR the more commercial sponsorship
they will get. This is another legacy of the Reagan/Bush years. Don't
be surprised if NPR's newscasts are sponsored soon by General Electric.
There is rumor that they're about to ink a deal on this.

--
d...@crl.com I need a studio, 1 BR, or roommate share in SF's
San Francisco Mission, Upper Market, Noe Valley, Duboce, or Castro