capitalism

William D Muscato

May 26, 1993, 1:42:59 PM5/26/93

Capitalism is the astounding belief that the most wickedest of men will
do the most wickedest of things for the greatest good of everyone

-keynes

The market is not an invention of capitalism. It has existed for
centuries. It is an invention of civilization.

Mikhail Gorbachev (June 8,
1990)

A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg.
Samual Butler (1885)

The worst crime against working people is a company which fails to operate
at a profit.
Samuel Gompers (1908)

It is not from the benevolence of the butcher, the brewer, or the baker,
that we expect our dinner, but from their regard to their own self-interest.
We address ourselves, not to their humanity but to their self-love, and never
talk to them of our own neccessities but of their advantages.

Adam Smith