Why the WWF has always sucked

瀏覽次數:57 次
跳到第一則未讀訊息

walks far woman

未讀,
2000年4月4日 凌晨3:00:002000/4/4
收件者:
1. McMahons taking centre stage. the people want to see wrestlers. Does
everybody not think that Vince was better as a commentator, the promoter
promoting his own company.

2. Every Raw and Smack Down has 20 minutes of interviews. We want wrestling
action!

3.Unbelievable story lines the marriage of Triple H /Steph, Foley's first
'retirement'

4. Poor mic skills - Steph, Shane, Linda, Big Show I'm looking in your
direction

5. The Rock's catchphrases suck

6. Talented wrestlers who need good angles X Pac and Kane.

7. Remember when Test was engaged to Steph- he was over with the fans but
they didn't follow it up. Now he's back to jobbing.

8. Jericho is the best all round athlete in WWF-push him (further)

9. Backstage crap involving Bossman, Terri and Head cheese

10. The minute Austin and Undertaker come back WWF ratings will increase.
until Vince screws Austin over at a PPV. Yawn .

James MacDonald

未讀,
2000年4月4日 凌晨3:00:002000/4/4
收件者:
Im sorry but I dont agree that shane has bad mic skills, he like his father
knows how to handle the mic. The rest of them are pretty bad, Linda is the
worst though.

--

walks far woman <wo...@iberia.com> wrote in message

Chooch

未讀,
2000年4月4日 凌晨3:00:002000/4/4
收件者:
walks far woman says this...

> 1. McMahons taking centre stage. the people want to see wrestlers. Does
> everybody not think that Vince was better as a commentator, the promoter
> promoting his own company.

The people want to see wrestlers along with
stories. If they had just wrestling w/o stories,
it would not be sports entertainment. Face it,
these stories the WWF have their ups and downs.
It's just like life. We have their ups and downs.
If we didnt life would be a bore. Now with Vince,
he worked damn hard to get where the WWF is today.
Let him bask in the glory of a job well done.

> 2. Every Raw and Smack Down has 20 minutes of interviews. We want wrestling
> action!

I see lots of wrestling action. I think you need
a thicker set of glasses.

> 3.Unbelievable story lines the marriage of Triple H /Steph, Foley's first
> 'retirement'

Your only pointing out the bad ones. Look at all
the good story lines. The more fans of something
the harder it is to please everyone. SUFFER!!!

> 4. Poor mic skills - Steph, Shane, Linda, Big Show I'm looking in your
> direction

Steph is acting as a total snobby BITCH!!!
Everyone takes it she is. That's poor mic
skills... HA!!! Shane is great on the mic, and I
love his flying chair shots. Linda... what did
she just say??? The Big Show... Mr. Hollywood
himself. That shit with him on RAW had me
cracking up.

> 5. The Rock's catchphrases suck

Well yeah, all the catchphrases suck. Every
single wrestler has their shit that they say over
and over. But the real purpose of catchphrases is
to get the crowd going, which the Rock does.

> 6. Talented wrestlers who need good angles X Pac and Kane.

They are lost with what to do with Kane. I think
Kane is going to go byebye, and he'll have another
character. X-Punk... well...

> 7. Remember when Test was engaged to Steph- he was over with the fans but
> they didn't follow it up. Now he's back to jobbing.

T & A, my second favorite tag team!!! WOOHOO!!

> 8. Jericho is the best all round athlete in WWF-push him (further)

Too bad we wont see him at the top for a long
time.

> 9. Backstage crap involving Bossman, Terri and Head cheese

Whos the Bossman? Terri... mmmmm YUM. Head
Cheese... hehe

> 10. The minute Austin and Undertaker come back WWF ratings will increase.
> until Vince screws Austin over at a PPV. Yawn .

HA!!!

ArcMaster

未讀,
2000年4月4日 凌晨3:00:002000/4/4
收件者:
It's time for your daily dose of Ridali... oops I mean WCW.

walks far woman wrote in message ...

>1. McMahons taking centre stage. the people want to see wrestlers. Does
>everybody not think that Vince was better as a commentator, the promoter
>promoting his own company.
>

>2. Every Raw and Smack Down has 20 minutes of interviews. We want wrestling
>action!
>

>3.Unbelievable story lines the marriage of Triple H /Steph, Foley's first
>'retirement'
>

>4. Poor mic skills - Steph, Shane, Linda, Big Show I'm looking in your
>direction
>

>5. The Rock's catchphrases suck
>

>6. Talented wrestlers who need good angles X Pac and Kane.
>

>7. Remember when Test was engaged to Steph- he was over with the fans but
>they didn't follow it up. Now he's back to jobbing.
>

>8. Jericho is the best all round athlete in WWF-push him (further)
>

>9. Backstage crap involving Bossman, Terri and Head cheese

Submunky

未讀,
2000年4月4日 凌晨3:00:002000/4/4
收件者:

walks far woman wrote in message ...
>4. Poor mic skills - Steph, Shane, Linda, Big Show I'm looking in your
>direction

Big Show is alot better now that he's taken a more natural role for himself
as the laid back having fun guy.. He's not good, but I don't think he's too
bad...

>6. Talented wrestlers who need good angles X Pac and Kane.

X-Pac? Talented? Kane isn't that talented but with a proper push he could be
right up there in the main event and it'd add something new to the mix...
The voice box gimmick really hinders him though.. too bad they ever gave
that to him.. it hurt him in the long run

>7. Remember when Test was engaged to Steph- he was over with the fans but
>they didn't follow it up. Now he's back to jobbing.

Look at him and Albert tearing up the joint now!

>8. Jericho is the best all round athlete in WWF-push him (further)

You bet... Jericho is one of my fav's but he is not the best all around...
And he should not be pushed to main event because then where will he go?
Once you're at the top there's no where to go but down... Just think Rock is
only 27, but because of his insane push he is now limited to main event
caliber matches for the next 7 or 8 years?!? Can people stand him for that
long? I can't stand him already... I haven't been able to stand him...
________
Submunky

FOLEY IS GOD!

Now introducing the greatest chant the world has seen:
"ROCKY SUCKS! ROCKY SUCKS!"

Submunky

未讀,
2000年4月4日 凌晨3:00:002000/4/4
收件者:
James MacDonald wrote in message <8cd8i8$kms$1...@newsg2.svr.pol.co.uk>...

>Im sorry but I dont agree that shane has bad mic skills, he like his father
>knows how to handle the mic. The rest of them are pretty bad, Linda is the
>worst though.

He always stutters, stalls, pauses and whatever else... he doesn't sound
natural... He's pretty bad... Vince is leaps ahead of any of the McMahons.

James MacDonald

未讀,
2000年4月4日 凌晨3:00:002000/4/4
收件者:
Ive seen shane do some great interviews, vince is the best but shane can cut
a good interview too.

--

Submunky <sub...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Gaffer Man

未讀,
2000年4月4日 凌晨3:00:002000/4/4
收件者:
Now give us 10 reasons why WCW or ECW is better than the WWF. Infact, give
us 10reasons why anything is better than the WWF.

walks far woman <wo...@iberia.com> wrote in message

> 1. McMahons taking centre stage. the people want to see wrestlers. Does
> everybody not think that Vince was better as a commentator, the promoter
> promoting his own company.
>
> 2. Every Raw and Smack Down has 20 minutes of interviews. We want
wrestling
> action!
>
> 3.Unbelievable story lines the marriage of Triple H /Steph, Foley's first
> 'retirement'
>

> 4. Poor mic skills - Steph, Shane, Linda, Big Show I'm looking in your
> direction
>

> 5. The Rock's catchphrases suck
>

> 6. Talented wrestlers who need good angles X Pac and Kane.
>

> 7. Remember when Test was engaged to Steph- he was over with the fans but
> they didn't follow it up. Now he's back to jobbing.
>

> 8. Jericho is the best all round athlete in WWF-push him (further)

Lucifer Jones

未讀,
2000年4月4日 凌晨3:00:002000/4/4
收件者:
On Tue, 4 Apr 2000 17:42:01 +0100 in alt.pro-wrestling.wwf, "walks far
woman" <wo...@iberia.com> ingested a large dose of a controlled
substance and decided to share with us the following:

>1. McMahons taking centre stage. the people want to see wrestlers. Does
>everybody not think that Vince was better as a commentator, the promoter
>promoting his own company.

So what? Did you hear the pop that Vince got when he came back?
Apparently the people like it and want to see more.

The man made pro wrestling what it is. It's his damn company, and if
he wants to roll the dice and take center stage then I say let him.
So far the gamble has paid off.

>2. Every Raw and Smack Down has 20 minutes of interviews. We want wrestling
>action!

They're called "angles" and they help drive the wrestling action.

>3.Unbelievable story lines the marriage of Triple H /Steph, Foley's first
>'retirement'

What's so unbelievable? Is it any less believable than the basis of
"Friends:" Six people who just sit around and have witty banter all
day? Or the idea of aliens masquerading as humans as in "Third Rock
from the Sun?"

It requires you to suspend disbelief for a while and simply accept it
at face value. The number one concern of the writers is ENTERTAINMENT
not PLAUSIBILITY.

>4. Poor mic skills - Steph, Shane, Linda, Big Show I'm looking in your
>direction

Shane is not poor on the mic. Steph's voice needs work (too high and
whiny), but her content is good and her demeanor is excellent.

Linda is a gimme, and Big Show just needed some help. He did great on
Raw last night.

>5. The Rock's catchphrases suck

The 20,000 fans that chant with him at every show disagree.

The Rock is probably the most engaging character since SCSA. He's fun
to watch and to cheer for.

>6. Talented wrestlers who need good angles X Pac and Kane.

They have angles--the whole Tori betrayal was huge.

>7. Remember when Test was engaged to Steph- he was over with the fans but
>they didn't follow it up. Now he's back to jobbing.

They did follow it up: At the wedding HHH revealed that he and
Stephanie were married. Stephanie's heel turn sealed it. There was
no sense in keeping Test as a main eventer now that the heat was
between Vince and HHH.

>8. Jericho is the best all round athlete in WWF-push him (further)

The WWF has a lot of good athletes:

Jericho
Hardyz
Edge
Christian
Benoit
Malenko
Saturn
Tazz
Guerrero
X-Pac

They're all being pushed.

Side note: Look at the Radicalz. Two months after arriving in the
WWF, 3/4 of them have gold. One is getting involved in a huge feud
with Jericho, and the other is probably getting involved in a huge
feud with Tazz.

>9. Backstage crap involving Bossman, Terri and Head cheese

What's wrong with that? Head Cheese is hilarious. Bossman is a poor
worker, but the character is still a good heel.

>10. The minute Austin and Undertaker come back WWF ratings will increase.
>until Vince screws Austin over at a PPV. Yawn .

I can't see ratings being much higher.

Simply put: You're an idiot without any well-thought-out argument.

-----
LJ

"Let's read my horoscope:
'Today will be just like every other day.'
Ohhhhh! It just keeps getting worse!" --Homer Simpson

SHoCk_B

未讀,
2000年4月4日 凌晨3:00:002000/4/4
收件者:
Chooch, i agree with what u said so much that i feel like I wrote the
damn reply that u did.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Jim Cim

未讀,
2000年4月4日 凌晨3:00:002000/4/4
收件者:
In article <yWoG4.698$jO4....@news2-win.server.ntlworld.com>, "walks far
woman" <wo...@iberia.com> wrote:

> 1. McMahons taking centre stage. the people want to see wrestlers. Does
> everybody not think that Vince was better as a commentator, the promoter
> promoting his own company.

I like watching the routines as much, or more than I like watching the
matches.

> 2. Every Raw and Smack Down has 20 minutes of interviews. We want wrestling
> action!

They went 20 minutes straight one time with that "This Is Your Life"
routine with Mick and Rock and to this day I thoink it was the most
entertaining thing I have seen ............. Period.

> 3.Unbelievable story lines the marriage of Triple H /Steph, Foley's first
> 'retirement'

If I want real I can go watch my own disfunctional family.

> 7. Remember when Test was engaged to Steph- he was over with the fans but
> they didn't follow it up. Now he's back to jobbing.

The whole fun is trying to figure out who is in favore with Vince.

> 9. Backstage crap involving Bossman, Terri and Head cheese

OK, you got me there. That does suck : )
Jim Cim

Jim Cim

未讀,
2000年4月4日 凌晨3:00:002000/4/4
收件者:
In article <maakescnnm5gq4ggn...@4ax.com>, Lucifer Jones
<lucife...@uswest.hahahahahahaha.net> wrote:

> >1. McMahons taking centre stage. the people want to see wrestlers. Does
> >everybody not think that Vince was better as a commentator, the promoter
> >promoting his own company.
>

> So what? Did you hear the pop that Vince got when he came back?
> Apparently the people like it and want to see more.
>
> The man made pro wrestling what it is. It's his damn company, and if
> he wants to roll the dice and take center stage then I say let him.
> So far the gamble has paid off.

Big Time. This guy seems to have the golden touch even when he is under
suspicion of wrong doing. He is a legend in entertainment.

> What's so unbelievable? Is it any less believable than the basis of
> "Friends:" Six people who just sit around and have witty banter all
> day? Or the idea of aliens masquerading as humans as in "Third Rock
> from the Sun?"
>
> It requires you to suspend disbelief for a while and simply accept it
> at face value. The number one concern of the writers is ENTERTAINMENT
> not PLAUSIBILITY.

I don't understand why people do not understand this after all these
years of it being out in the open. Do they sit in the theather and say,
"That's not really the President ...... It's Harrison Ford"? They are even
admitting that Sumo wrestling in Japan if fixed.

> The Rock is probably the most engaging character since SCSA. He's fun
> to watch and to cheer for.

I have never seen anyone with those microphone skills, and I have been
watching over 40 years. Sure, it will one day wear out, but as long as
those people are chanting his name ...................... Can you hear it?
: )

> The WWF has a lot of good athletes:

Many wrestlers come from collage & professional football. I have heard
stories where friends of theirs have come to the wrestling camps and were
happy to get back to their football training camps. They couldn't
understand that level of constant punishment.

> Simply put: You're an idiot without any well-thought-out argument.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha .................. I love good closers.
Jim Cim

Nathan jones

未讀,
2000年4月5日 凌晨3:00:002000/4/5
收件者:
walks far woman wrote:

> 1. McMahons taking centre stage. the people want to see wrestlers. Does
> everybody not think that Vince was better as a commentator, the promoter
> promoting his own company.
>

> 2. Every Raw and Smack Down has 20 minutes of interviews. We want wrestling
> action!
>

> 3.Unbelievable story lines the marriage of Triple H /Steph, Foley's first
> 'retirement'
>

> 4. Poor mic skills - Steph, Shane, Linda, Big Show I'm looking in your
> direction
>

> 5. The Rock's catchphrases suck
>

> 6. Talented wrestlers who need good angles X Pac and Kane.
>

> 7. Remember when Test was engaged to Steph- he was over with the fans but
> they didn't follow it up. Now he's back to jobbing.
>

> 8. Jericho is the best all round athlete in WWF-push him (further)
>

> 9. Backstage crap involving Bossman, Terri and Head cheese
>

> 10. The minute Austin and Undertaker come back WWF ratings will increase.
> until Vince screws Austin over at a PPV. Yawn .

I think Shane is pretty damn good on the mic, considering he's only been around
for a few years! Sure Vince is the greatest McMahon on the mic, but in a few
years SHane will be right there.

Urban D

未讀,
2000年4月5日 凌晨3:00:002000/4/5
收件者:
Amazing how you can take specific things from the last 3 months and say that's
why the WWF has "always sucked". Hello? If you're going to say ALWAYS sucked,
you gotta get more general and broad than this, you stupid fool.

LEONARD JAMES

未讀,
2000年4月5日 凌晨3:00:002000/4/5
收件者:

walks far woman <wo...@iberia.com> wrote in message

> 1. McMahons taking centre stage. the people want to see wrestlers. Does
> everybody not think that Vince was better as a commentator, the promoter
> promoting his own company.

I like Vince in the action.

> 2. Every Raw and Smack Down has 20 minutes of interviews. We want
wrestling
> action!

I like the interviews.

> 3.Unbelievable story lines the marriage of Triple H /Steph, Foley's first
> 'retirement'

Umm, oh dear, I'm starting to sense a common thread here ...

I like the storylines (most of them, except the X-Pac/Kane fued which went
on for WAY too long).

> 4. Poor mic skills - Steph, Shane, Linda, Big Show I'm looking in your
> direction

True, but also great mic skills, I'm thinking Angle, Jericho, Rock, Austin
... add the rest if appropiate.

> 5. The Rock's catchphrases suck

But obviously not too much. As much as the man annoys me he does have a
massive following so he must be doing something eight.

> 6. Talented wrestlers who need good angles X Pac and Kane.

Every federation has this problem, they'll get new angles soon enough.

> 7. Remember when Test was engaged to Steph- he was over with the fans but
> they didn't follow it up. Now he's back to jobbing.

Because he deserves to be (IMO).

> 8. Jericho is the best all round athlete in WWF-push him (further)

They are pushing him, and I reckon they shall continue to.

> 9. Backstage crap involving Bossman, Terri and Head cheese

These are the storylines, stating the same point twice will not strengthen
your case.

> 10. The minute Austin and Undertaker come back WWF ratings will increase.
> until Vince screws Austin over at a PPV. Yawn .

So what you're saying is that when they get their big names back into the
ring their ratings will soar? I fail to see how this furthers your
argument. To me it says that the WWF know how to get ratings, i.e. they do
not "suck".

Thankyou for your time.

--
Christopher Flather
The Symbol & Troll King

Sym...@Flather.org.uk

Gourry

未讀,
2000年4月5日 凌晨3:00:002000/4/5
收件者:
. Every Raw and Smack Down has 20 minutes of interviews. We want
wrestling
> action!

oh please! i watched ecw last week (sorry, i was bored) and in one hour,
they had 2 matches. and they talked the first 2 mins, too.

--

Gourry

'watch me open the hell out of this door'

John R. Sellers

未讀,
2000年4月5日 凌晨3:00:002000/4/5
收件者:
Have you seen WWF Metal? It has the action plus only the highlights from
RAW & Smackdown...very little or no interviewing.

"walks far woman" <wo...@iberia.com> wrote in message

> 2. Every Raw and Smack Down has 20 minutes of interviews. We want
wrestling
> action!

peter

未讀,
2000年4月6日 凌晨3:00:002000/4/6
收件者:
On Wed, 5 Apr 2000 22:48:27 -0500, "Gourry" <gou...@ev1.net> wrote:

>. Every Raw and Smack Down has 20 minutes of interviews. We want
>wrestling
>> action!
>

>oh please! i watched ecw last week (sorry, i was bored) and in one hour,
>they had 2 matches. and they talked the first 2 mins, too.
>
>--
>

>Gourry
>
>'watch me open the hell out of this door'

you want wrestling go to the olympics this SPORTS ENTERTAINMENT remember

Gourry

未讀,
2000年4月6日 凌晨3:00:002000/4/6
收件者:
um... i meant first 20 mins, not just the first 2

Gourry

未讀,
2000年4月6日 凌晨3:00:002000/4/6
收件者:
besides, talking about nothing interesting isnt sports or entertainment.
ecw is about exciting as wcw. and if i want Olympic wrestling, i'll go to
the former euro-continental champ! it's true!
0 則新訊息