blood

geoff

Jul 6, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/6/99
as much as i enjoy men kickin the livin crap out of each other, ever since
owen harts tragic passing i get a little queasy when i see a wrestler bleed
much like the big show did tonight

Mr. Noodles

Jul 6, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/6/99

I'm just wondering how they're making all this blood. I know about the
eyebrow trick, but what about blood from the top of the head, like Big Show.
Or from the mouth like Ken Shamrock, these look REAL!

geoff <yourte...@home.com> wrote in message

Irving Spiderman

Jul 6, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/6/99
In Shamrock's case, he has blood caps in his mouth and bites on them at the
appropriate time to produce a blood like substance. Tonight, The Big Show
appeared to have bladed himself. It doesn't hurt, I did it once for an
amateur movie I made. It makes a real clean cut that is not too deep. Wight
looked like he was cupping something (razor blade) in his hand.

Irving Spiderman

Doctor Bacon

Jul 6, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/6/99
On Tue, "Mr. Noodles" <nimr...@home.com> scratched in the electrons:

>I'm just wondering how they're making all this blood. I know about the
>eyebrow trick, but what about blood from the top of the head, like Big Show.
>Or from the mouth like Ken Shamrock, these look REAL!

They just buy high quality fake blood (though it still looks
excessively watery), and did you notice The Big Show reaching to play
in his trunks when he was laying face down? I'd wager that it was more
to get a blood packet rather than "rearrange his equipment". All in
all pretty good work, though.

Doctor Bacon
Master of Deadly Tae Bo
E-mail:doctor...@hotmail.com
ICQ: 42935227

James D

Jul 6, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/6/99
I think when they bleed from the forehead that it is real. There was
a news expose on wrestling in the mid eighties on how they did this. They
have a razor blade hidden. It only takes a small slice and you will get a lot
of blood in the forehead region. I believe the saying back then was 'red
equals green.'

In article <seeg3.12561$_A4.2...@news2.rdc1.on.home.com>, "Mr. Noodles"

<nimr...@home.com> wrote:

>I'm just wondering how they're making all this blood. I know about the
>eyebrow trick, but what about blood from the top of the head, like Big Show.
>Or from the mouth like Ken Shamrock, these look REAL!

geoff

Jul 6, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/6/99
it is real
Mr. Noodles <nimr...@home.com> wrote in message

geoff

Jul 6, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/6/99
well when your smacked into a fence thats dirrerent...but tonight they
showed the blood dripping from his head onto the canvas....gross!
Penult <Pen...@riverstyx.com> wrote in message

> On Tue, 06 Jul 1999 02:42:16 GMT, "geoff" <yourte...@home.com>
> wrote:
>
> >as much as i enjoy men kickin the livin crap out of each other, ever
since
> >owen harts tragic passing i get a little queasy when i see a wrestler
bleed
> >much like the big show did tonight
>
> Remember Eddie Murphy in the movie "Trading Places"? The scene where
> he was first thrown in jail and was confronted by the two big goons?
> He was telling the other inmates about his "Quart of Blood" technique
> and somebody asked him about the blood and he goes, "Karate man bleeds
> on the inside where it don't show." Rent the tape as I am positive
> that is what he said.
>
> Anyways, Owen died from internal bleeding and I didn't see any blood
> in the ring or on Owen. You better get ready because they announced a
> "First Blood" match coming up real quick with SCSA as the star of it.
> I would have thought PMS or Deborah or Godfather's Ho's would have
> been eligible but......

Ded Jester

Jul 6, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/6/99
Yup, it's usually real, but just blading that heals very easily, but
sometimes they really get busted open, and that's when there's a scar...if
you noticed a while back, Goldberg got busted open and bore a scar from it
for about 6 weeks. Also, some wrestlers take a bunch of aspirin and drink a
lot of fluids to thin their blood and make more blood flow from the thin
razor cuts.

Also, Nicole Bass got a real ugly cut when she took a guitar shot from
debra. I believe it was the strings that cut her...stuff like that is
unnecessary...they really should have removed the strings from the guitar,
they can really hurt someone

> it is real
> Mr. Noodles <nimr...@home.com> wrote in message
> >
> > I'm just wondering how they're making all this blood. I know about the
> > eyebrow trick, but what about blood from the top of the head, like Big
> Show.
> > Or from the mouth like Ken Shamrock, these look REAL!

B. Frankle

Jul 6, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/6/99
Or from the mouth like Ken Shamrock, these look REAL!

Ken had a blood capsule in his glove. He's fooling with his glove, and when
the camera is back on him he has his mouth closed. Next thing you know
*Wham!* and he's bleeding. Old school stuff.

B.Frankle

"Wrestling fans, watch wrestling programs, to see see wrestlers wrestle."
- James E. Cornette