[To Frog2 admin] about frog2 from line

Frog-Admin

Oct 26, 2001, 7:30:32 AM10/26/01

On 26 Oct 2001, Frog2 <ab...@rr.com> wrote:
>I notice that the default from line for emails bouncing off
>of frog2 now includes the abuse address at rr.

NO
The bounces still go back to the same address:
Return-Parh: FrogB...@iFrance.com
I own that address and I collect bounced mails to recycle them if needed

Only human answers (along with broken autoresponders)
go to the "default From:" <ab...@rr.com>
These are mostly irate abused people.
(But I normally think the former default From: FrogRe...@noreply.invalid is better)

>What do you hope to achieve by doing this?
Get a reaction from ab...@rr.com who hosts and protects a proven remailer-killer
at 24.160.242.167

>How many emails do you expect them to get?
As many as possible

>Do you feel that an announcement about this
>policy should have been made to warn users of
>your remailer?

Remailer users are not affected at all (except side effect below)
And I DID announce a retaliation policy against roadrunner
(see the thread about flooding)
- -Changing the From: is one element
- -I am thinking of a new "Comments:" in my headers
mentioning 24.160.242.167
- -There is also a WWW page in the works
- -And people complaining at my abuse address get a systematic information about
24.160.242.167 being the possible real source for their being harassed.

I wish 24.160.242.167 as much trouble as possible and I do my best at it.

There was an interesting side effect:
since I changed the "From:" my Cpunk stats to Narnia go through
(we will see if is mere coincidence or something else)

Another one:
Some mailers rejected the (legal) From: address:
FrogRe...@noreply.invalid
while they probably accept the new address:
ab...@rr.com
Some mail will go through which would otherwise have been lost