Ultimate Anonymity is strange...

reject

Jun 8, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/8/99
Besides speculation and rumor, does anyone know any
hard facts about Ultimate Anonymity....i.e. who runs
it, are they true privacy advocates, etc.?
They claim to have over 10,000 members. I'm not so sure.
I have a U.A. account, so I am familiar with the two
primary "From" headers that are used when you post via
Ultimate Anonymity....CybaAnonymous@nym.alias.net and
Mail...@nym.alias.net.
Just out of curiosity I did a DejaNews search for a posting
history of these two "From" headers, just to get some idea of
how many other people might be using U.A., and what variety of
newsgroups they post to.
It seems the vast majority of posts thru U.A. are very poorly
disguised promotions for U.A....posts with texts like "Wow, it
sure is kewl posting anonymously like this! Go to www.ultimate-
anonymity.com"
Also disturbing is that most of these "plugs" for U.A., from U.A.,
seem to be aimed at various perverted alt.sex newsgroups...prettyboy,
teens, necrophilia, bestiality, etc. Sick...
Anyone have the true skinny on these guys?????

John H. Morrison

Jun 16, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/16/99
Reject wrote:

>Besides speculation and rumor, does anyone know any
>hard facts about Ultimate Anonymity....i.e. who runs
>it, are they true privacy advocates, etc.?

[Snip]

>Also disturbing is that most of these "plugs" for U.A., from U.A.,
>seem to be aimed at various perverted alt.sex newsgroups...prettyboy,
>teens, necrophilia, bestiality, etc. Sick...
>Anyone have the true skinny on these guys?????

They're spammers, and they're using nym.alias.net's free service, and
probalby charging for it. That's enough; don't use them.

Patrick D. Rockwell

Jun 17, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/17/99
John H. Morrison wrote:

If your talking about http://www.ultimate-anonymity.com/ I believe that