Prison bound and worried ...

Pbound

Sep 5, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/5/96

If my appeal isn't successful, it looks like I will be prison bound before
the end of this year. Before then, I want to come up with a strategy for
surviving and maybe someone in this group can suggest books or articles,
etc. I am in Texas and they don't allow smoking so I'm trying to quit
before then, etc. I am in my 50's, out of shape, so I'm trying to buff up
but know I'll never be able to fight a fit inmate. These things seem
obvious things to do.

I am gay and there is nothing I can do about that except not "look" gay.
My offense involves a 14 year old boy (who was overly mature for his age).
I am not a child molester but fear I may be viewed as one and have heard
all the stories about how badly they are treated in prison. I don't know
if I should be up front about why I am there or not. People may find out
anyway and think I raped this young man when all that happened was that I
gave him a BJ which he was more than willing get. I honestly thought he
was 17 or so. His brother, 11, walked in on us and I was encouraged to
involve him too so that he wouldn't go back and tell it on his big
brother. But he told anyway. I wasn't charged with him because his
parents didn't want him in court, etc, or it could have been worse.

I have been "active" in my general area for the last 20 years or so but
have usually stuck with boys in their late teens or 20's. I have known
many that went to prison and know of about 5 or more that are now in
prison. Not one of them has ever confessed to me that he personally ever
had sex in prison. In fact, they seem not to want to talk about it at
all. As to how I would be treated, the answers are in the extreme. I
hear that I would be treated just like a woman and considered a valuable
asset to the unit. I hear that I will get my ass kicked and be considered
a lowly mf if I try anything with anyone. I am on an emotional
rollercoaster right now. Sometimes I think my best solution is to head
for Mexico while I can and forget the appeal. Honestly. Because I really
felt sick after reading some of the personal accounts in the SPR site.
Still, no one I know has ever told me about a rape here in Texas.

One young man I know, Andre, back in prison now, told me that he played
cards with someone in jail and that when everyone else had gone to bed
this fellow had asked him a question about his pubic hair. Andre then
decided the guy was gay and beat him up. Andre said he wouldn't have done
that if the guy had just been up front about his sexuality. Andre said he
felt deceived because he thought he
was just a "regular homeboy" and he had beat him up not because he was gay
but because he was deceptive. I know Andre didn't object to gays because
we had been together sexually before. But Andre wouldn't eat after me or
take a puff
off of my cigarette, etc. So I think maybe my best bet is just to be
honest or maybe even try to act feminine so everyone knows from the start
because they
will probably find out later anyway.

I feel scared right now and know it will only get worse as the day
approaches. I want to get prepared for it ahead of time as best I can. I
really don't think I'm going to want to have sex with anyone for a long,
long time. But I don't want to get raped or beat up either.

Has anyone out there been in a similar situation?

Charles Platt

Sep 5, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/5/96

Pbound (pbo...@aol.com) wrote:

> If my appeal isn't successful, it looks like I will be prison bound before
> the end of this year. Before then, I want to come up with a strategy for
> surviving and maybe someone in this group can suggest books or articles,
> etc. I am in Texas and they don't allow smoking so I'm trying to quit
> before then, etc. I am in my 50's, out of shape, so I'm trying to buff up
> but know I'll never be able to fight a fit inmate. These things seem
> obvious things to do.

If I were you I might want to move a long way away and change my
identity; but I guess you'd be screwing the people who posted bail
(assuming someone did).

There's a book with the cheery title YOU WILL GO TO JAIL published by
Loompanics Unlimited, POBox 1197, Port Townsend, WA 98368, phone 360 385
5087 (the area code really is 360). This seems a fairly good guide to
some basics. Loompanics also publishes a LOT of books on changing your
identity if you prefer that route.

There are probably some people on this group who will disapprove of your
behavior and tell you, with righteous satisfaction, that you're going to
get the punishment you deserve. Personally I feel that it is impossible
for any of us to judge since none of us knows the principals of the case
first-hand. Also, it is not clear to me that jail time is going to have
any useful effect whatsoever here.

Jeffrey Alan Mewbourn

Sep 5, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/5/96

Pbound (pbo...@aol.com) wrote:

: If my appeal isn't successful, it looks like I will be prison bound before
: the end of this year. Before then, I want to come up with a strategy for
: surviving and maybe someone in this group can suggest books or articles,
: etc.

: My offense involves a 14 year old boy (who was overly mature for his age).

: I am not a child molester but fear I may be viewed as one and have heard
: all the stories about how badly they are treated in prison. I don't know
: if I should be up front about why I am there or not. People may find out

: was 17 or so. His brother, 11, walked in on us and I was encouraged to

: involve him too so that he wouldn't go back and tell it on his big
: brother. But he told anyway. I wasn't charged with him because his
: parents didn't want him in court, etc, or it could have been worse.

If no one else has confirmed it yet, then allow me: You ARE a child
molester. It doesn't matter diddley-squat what you thought, or eve if you
even knew. The fact that you blew off his 11 year old brother as well,
doesn't help matters any.
Whether you deserve to get poked in the rear when you get inside is not
my call. While I've done time, I'm not the same person I was at that time
and I tend to be a bit more flexible in my thinking. Had I been in when
you entered the institution, I seriously doubt if I would be asking you if
you wanted to play some cards...but I wouldn't make a move on you either.
As far as telling other inmates about your crime, I wouldn't recommend
it. I was in for armed robbery and I don't think I told one person about
the specifics of my crime. If I were you, I'd lie and come up with
something not on the sexual-side of the law...rapists and child molesters
tend to see more time in the Box than in general population.
I also wouldn't recommend that you be up front about your
sexuality...people might THINK you're gay, but won't know until you tell
them. It might be your idea of fun to suck off pre-teens and ride the
baloney pony....but if you go in too soft, even the weakest pieces of
shit will prey on you and you'll be getting dicked more than you might
care.
Have fun.

Jeffrey Alan Mewbourn

Sep 6, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/6/96

Charles Platt (c...@panix.com) wrote:

: There are probably some people on this group who will disapprove of your

: behavior and tell you, with righteous satisfaction, that you're going to
: get the punishment you deserve. Personally I feel that it is impossible
: for any of us to judge since none of us knows the principals of the case
: first-hand. Also, it is not clear to me that jail time is going to have
: any useful effect whatsoever here.

I don't know...you'd be surprised as to what good a stint in prison
will do for the soul. He may think twice before he sticks pre-teen dick
in his mouth again.

Jailer

Sep 6, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/6/96

Charles Platt wrote:

> There are probably some people on this group who will disapprove of your
> behavior and tell you, with righteous satisfaction, that you're going to
> get the punishment you deserve. Personally I feel that it is impossible
> for any of us to judge since none of us knows the principals of the case
> first-hand. Also, it is not clear to me that jail time is going to have
> any useful effect whatsoever here.

Jail time won't have any effect, huh? Platt, you are a retard.
How about the fact that while this man is in prison he won't be able
to sexually molest 11 and 14 year old boys?

Jailer

RevJimS

Sep 6, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/6/96

In article <50n0bt$q...@newsbf02.news.aol.com>, pbo...@aol.com (Pbound)
writes:

>I feel scared right now and know it will only get worse as the day
>approaches. I want to get prepared for it ahead of time as best I can.
>really don't think I'm going to want to have sex with anyone for a long,
>long time. But I don't want to get raped or beat up either.
>
>Has anyone out there been in a similar situation?

I recently did a short stint in a federal prison for misuse of a credit
card. While my experience is soemwhat different from yours, I can tell
you that it is perfectly normal to be scared of going to prison. I was so
depressed and so scared that I took a massive overdose of morphine and
amitriptyline, ending up in the ER getting my stomach pumped (NOT a
pleasant experience).

It is scary, to see the days passing, knowing your report date is coming
up. Prison is a traumatic, depressing experience. I work now as a prison
chaplain, and I have not yet met one single inmate who wasn't scared when
they arrived. Don't feel unusual, your fear is completely normal.

However, in most circumstances, the fear is unjustified, in that it is
based on TV and anecdotal stories rather than reality. I say this with a
caveat that I'll get to in a minute. Your first month or two in prison
will be very tough, emotionally. You are surrendering the freedom you
have had your entire life for a very structured, disciplined and confined
life. BUT, the better news is that after the initial shock of being
imprisoned wears off, and it will, usually in about a month, you will
realize that you CAN function in that environment. I would caution you
that the best way to function in a prison environment is to make sure you
understand the rules and stick to them. No smoking means just that, not
sneaking a few puffs after lights out. Callouts for appointments must be
kept, respect must be maintained.

Remember, you will meet many COs, and they are just like people everywhere
- some good, some bad. Give them respect, and you will usually get
respect in return from them.

Now, the caveat. You have heard correctly about prisoners who are
pedophiles or child molestors, or who have committed any sexually oriented
crime against children. In prison "society", they are considered at the
bottom of the food chain. I would STRONGLY recommend your not revealing
your offense. If this means making up some story (although I usually
don't recommend lying), life will be easier for you. Usually offense
records are not easily available to other prisoners, so your offense would
leak out only if you leak it. Perhaps you could simply say you assaulted
some teenagers - regular assault, punching, etc; not sexually assaulting.

When I was in, our unit had one pedophile in it. He freely admitted his
offense, and, while I never saw him come to any violence, he did not have
friends, he ate by himself, no one would sit near him, etc. He was,
basically, considered "scum". However, in counseling him, I found that he
was an intelligent, articulate, well-mannered person. Unfortunately, he
had a personality flaw where he "liked" young boys.

You may get responses with all kinds of horror stories. I would recommend
you consider that some who respond may just do so to further their own
opinions of child-molesters. Do not let them scare you any more than you
are already.

As an ordained prison chaplain, I would be willing to offer you some
counseling about what to expect. I do not charge anything, and I have a
multiple degrees and experience. Most of all, I have some understanding
of the basis for your fear.
If you wish to talk, send your telephone number to me by private email at:

Rev...@aol.com

Good luck. I will add you to my prayers.

Rev. James M. Sutter, D.D. D.B.
Ambassador, Universal Life Church
Cleveland, Ohio USA

Charles Platt

Sep 6, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/6/96

Jailer (Jai...@earthlink.net) wrote:

> Jail time won't have any effect, huh? Platt, you are a retard.
> How about the fact that while this man is in prison he won't be able
> to sexually molest 11 and 14 year old boys?

Well, yes, Jailer, and if you were locked up for a few years, you
wouldn't be able to post insulting neanderthal-style messages on Usenet
news groups, which would be another social plus as far as I'm concerned
... but this is beside the point.

What I was trying to get at (evidently I am so retarded, I am unable to
explain myself simply enough for you) is that jailing sex offenders is
pretty futile since their group has one of the highest, if not THE
highest, rate of recidivism. Thus, jail does not act as much of a
deterrent to this group of offenders, and doesn't seem to "reform" them
either, which makes it somewhat pointless I believe, unless of course you
are planning to lock up the offenders for the rest of their sexually
functional lives, which would be somewhat expensive, also somewhat unjust.

Len

Sep 6, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/6/96

Jailer wrote:

> Charles Platt wrote:
> >

> > There are probably some people on this group who will disapprove of your
> > behavior and tell you, with righteous satisfaction, that you're going to
> > get the punishment you deserve. Personally I feel that it is impossible
> > for any of us to judge since none of us knows the principals of the case
> > first-hand. Also, it is not clear to me that jail time is going to have
> > any useful effect whatsoever here.
>
> Jail time won't have any effect, huh? Platt, you are a retard.
> How about the fact that while this man is in prison he won't be able
> to sexually molest 11 and 14 year old boys?

I would imagine he would feel scared, as an 11 year old boy felt one
day.

Sleepy

Sep 6, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/6/96

Charles Platt wrote:

> Pbound (pbo...@aol.com) wrote:
>
> > If my appeal isn't successful, it looks like I will be prison bound before
> > the end of this year. Before then, I want to come up with a strategy for
> > surviving and maybe someone in this group can suggest books or articles,
> > etc. I am in Texas and they don't allow smoking so I'm trying to quit
> > before then, etc. I am in my 50's, out of shape, so I'm trying to buff up
> > but know I'll never be able to fight a fit inmate. These things seem
> > obvious things to do.
>
> If I were you I might want to move a long way away and change my
> identity; but I guess you'd be screwing the people who posted bail
> (assuming someone did).
>
> There's a book with the cheery title YOU WILL GO TO JAIL published by
> Loompanics Unlimited, POBox 1197, Port Townsend, WA 98368, phone 360 385
> 5087 (the area code really is 360). This seems a fairly good guide to
> some basics. Loompanics also publishes a LOT of books on changing your
> identity if you prefer that route.
>
> There are probably some people on this group who will disapprove of your
> behavior and tell you, with righteous satisfaction, that you're going to
> get the punishment you deserve. Personally I feel that it is impossible
> for any of us to judge since none of us knows the principals of the case
> first-hand. Also, it is not clear to me that jail time is going to have
> any useful effect whatsoever here.

If you havn't ever snitched on anyone, than you don't need to worry much
about getting BUFFED out. Which wouldn't do you much good in the first
place, There are hardly any fights in prison, for the fact that someone
is going to get shot. If you are a snitch, which I don't know, than you
should definately get protective custody. If not than I wouldn't worry
too much about getting beat up or killed. It's nothing like you see on
T.V. and you won't get raped because it don't happen, and if it does
than it was someone owing someone something. Most older people are
really respected in prison, probably more than out on the streets, so
Just relax, and hope that appeal goes through!
Good Luck!!!

Jeffrey Alan Mewbourn

Sep 7, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/7/96

Sleepy (sle...@mlode.com) wrote:

: If you havn't ever snitched on anyone, than you don't need to worry much
: about getting BUFFED out.

Jeez! I must really be out of it...what the hell is "getting buffed
out"?

: Which wouldn't do you much good in the first

: place, There are hardly any fights in prison, for the fact that someone
: is going to get shot.

Oh,...wait a minute. Do you mean "buffed up"? Like lifting weights and
shit? That makes sense.
Hardly any fights in prison? What comic did you see that in? Granted
there's not a full scale riot going on everyday, but people do get their
asses whupped now and then. As I recall, most fights occured simply
because some young blood was tested or wanted to show that he was a bad
ass...And what's this about getting shot? Granted I've seen a couple of
zip guns that shoot nails in prison, but I never ran across someone
packing a .38

: If you are a snitch, which I don't know, than you

: should definately get protective custody. If not than I wouldn't worry
: too much about getting beat up or killed.

For one, he's not a snitch...he's a child molester. And as far as not
being worried about getting your ass whipped, I think you're wrong on that
front as well. You can look at someone the wrong way and get jumped. When
i first got to Elmira (NY), my first meal in the mess hall, I made the
mistake of reaching across a guys plate to get the salt. I ate some mighty
quick crow to prevent this guy from sticking his spoon in my eye...so,
yeah, I think you oughta always be on your guard. This ain't no disco...

: It's nothing like you see on

: T.V. and you won't get raped because it don't happen, and if it does
: than it was someone owing someone something.

Yeah, I'll give you that much...the real thing is not like what the
media often portrays it to be. But to say he won't get raped because "it
don't happen" shows that you're good only for talking out your ass. I knew
two guys on my block who had been raped...and it wasn't because someone
owed someone something (that's the kind of thing you see in the movies...
like in Blood in, Blood Out...if you haven't seen this check it out).
Actually, I think rape occurs more often in county jail than in
prison...don't ask me why 'cause I have no fuckin' clue. When I was at
County, a couple of guys were in solitary because they had been raped on
separate occasions.

: Most older people are

: really respected in prison, probably more than out on the streets, so

Again, what are you saying here? Older people meaning olde in age, or
older in the number of years they've been locked up? I've seen some
old guys locked up and I wouldn't say they had respect...people tended to
leave them alone 'cause they stayed to themselves. As for respecting
someone wo's got alot of jailtime...maybe. But from my own experience,
respect came to those who earned it...to those who stood up to the C.O.
who acted like John Fuckin' Wayne...to those who kicked ass hard, but only
when it was necessary...to those who knew the law...to those who had a
decent job inside...

Charles Platt

Sep 7, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/7/96

Len (l...@sonic.net) wrote:

> I would imagine he would feel scared, as an 11 year old boy felt one
> day.

Yes, but as I say (and as you know yourself, Len), the rate of recidivism
for sex offenders is very high. The memory of fear evidently does not
discourage the desire for sex (generally speaking).

Also you have no idea whether the 11 year old was scared. He may have
been puzzled, confused, or aroused. Or scared. We simply do not know.

I have talked to several gay guys who say they were rampantly horny for
homosexual sex when they were 11. They claim that they read about child
molesters, and wished it could happen to them, but they couldn't find
anyone who would do it. Maybe these people are a small minority, but they
exist.

Alan J. Munn

Sep 8, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/8/96

Sleepy (sle...@mlode.com) wrote:

: There are hardly any fights in prison, for the fact that someone

: is going to get shot.

Tell that to John Gotti.

Alan Munn
a...@munn.nyc.ny.us

Sleepy

Sep 8, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/8/96

Jeffrey Alan Mewbourn wrote:

> Sleepy (sle...@mlode.com) wrote:
>
> : If you havn't ever snitched on anyone, than you don't need to worry much
> : about getting BUFFED out.
>
> Jeez! I must really be out of it...what the hell is "getting buffed
> out"?
>
> : Which wouldn't do you much good in the first
> : place, There are hardly any fights in prison, for the fact that someone

> : is going to get shot.

I don't know what kind of county jail you were in but if you didn't have
a gun pointing at your head anytime you were out of your 4 x 12, then it
must have been a nice level 1 camp you were at. I myself have done a
little time and know for a fact that in California Prison's there are
hardly any fights at all. If there is a fight it would have to be with
your cellee, in your cell, because if you were going to chow or to the
yard, and got into a fight you would have to dodge hk47 rounds which are
going to be aimed at you, but probably will hit ten other people. And
yes you are half right, the first two bullets are rubber, but all the
rest are real.
As for the getting raped, What I'm really saying is that the only way
you would be is if you really put yourself in a bad position, And I
don't think the whole time I was down, I ever heard of one. I saw alot
of razors across throats, but never any rapes. And I'm not sure what you
call respect but I'd say leaving someone alone, without starting any
trouble with them is giving them respect. And getting smart with a C.O.
would only make you look like a fool, and put you in the hole, I guess
what you think is cool, is a little different than the way I see it!! I
thought that most of even the gangs want all thier soldiers in the
field, not in the hole...Anyway's, I wish I did time where you did
instead of where I did!!
With respect, but getting my point across,
Sleepy

Jailer

Sep 8, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/8/96

Charles Platt wrote:

> I have talked to several gay guys who say they were rampantly horny for
> homosexual sex when they were 11. They claim that they read about child
> molesters, and wished it could happen to them, but they couldn't find
> anyone who would do it. Maybe these people are a small minority, but they
> exist.

You are a sick bastard, Platt........The 11 year old was asking for it, huh.
You are really a sicko..........an 11 year old kid is asking to be victimized
by a child molester. You are a retard, a sick retard.

Jailer

Jailer

Sep 8, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/8/96

Charles Platt wrote:

> What I was trying to get at (evidently I am so retarded, I am unable to
> explain myself simply enough for you) is that jailing sex offenders is
> pretty futile since their group has one of the highest, if not THE
> highest, rate of recidivism. Thus, jail does not act as much of a
> deterrent to this group of offenders, and doesn't seem to "reform" them
> either, which makes it somewhat pointless I believe, unless of course you
> are planning to lock up the offenders for the rest of their sexually
> functional lives, which would be somewhat expensive, also somewhat unjust.

You did not address my point that while this child molester is in prison, young
boys in his community might be safer. Prisons protect society from criminals.
Rehabilitation only works if the individual wants to be rehabilitated.
When a criminal is sentenced to prison, he has numerous programs available to
turn his life around. At the same time, this individual cannot continue to
commit crimes, therefore, society is being protected. You are under the misguided
view that prisons are supposed to take in rapists, murderers and child molesters
and turn them into choirboys. Prisons have a dual role of rehabilitation AND
TO PROTECT SOCIETY............

You and your ilk say prisons do not work, blah, blah, blah. Do you have any
answers? I'm ready to listen. Here you have a man that molested two young boys,
(11 and 14) You say prison is not the answer. What should we do with this man?

Jailer

Charles Platt

Sep 8, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/8/96

Jailer (Jai...@earthlink.net) wrote:

> You and your ilk say prisons do not work, blah, blah, blah. Do you have any
> answers? I'm ready to listen.

I merely pointed out the very high level of recidivism of sex offenders,
which I'm sure you know about as well as I do. I did also say that prison
seems particularly pointless in this case, bearing the recidivism in mind.

What would I do instead? My solutions would be far too radical ever to be
accepted. I'd go for exile (preferably to a remote island), or compulsory
use of behavior-modifying drugs, or even gene therapy (when it gets cheap
enough). Ideally the offender should be offered a list of options,
including life in prison or the death penalty. Naturally I'm only talking
about serious crimes, here! I realize exile or behavior modification seem
extreme, but they seem more palatable, to me, than incarceration, which
is a hopeless failure from every conceivable point of view.

Charles Platt

Sep 8, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/8/96

Jailer, please read carefully and precisely, instead of seeing material
that I didn't write. I told you something that is a fact. I concluded from
this that WE CANNOT KNOW the circumstances of the case in question. I did
not say the eleven-year-old was "asking for it." Just the opposite: I said
we cannot know whether he wanted what happened, or not.

Jeff Doyle

Sep 9, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/9/96

Charles Platt wrote:

> What I was trying to get at (evidently I am so retarded, I am unable > to explain myself simply enough for you) is that jailing sex offenders > is pretty futile since their group has one of the highest, if not THE
> highest, rate of recidivism. Thus, jail does not act as much of a
> deterrent to this group of offenders, and doesn't seem to "reform" > them either, which makes it somewhat pointless I believe, unless of > course you are planning to lock up the offenders for the rest of their > sexually functional lives, which would be somewhat expensive, also > somewhat unjust.

Charles:

One retard to another, I think you miss the point. "Deterrence" is a
concept that applies only to those capable of rational thought. It's
like the notion that locks keep honest people honest. Deterrence, I
think, works only on those least likely to offend in the first place.
Those who are obsessed, as are those who prey on children, are (as you
pointed out) not likely to be deterred from a gratifying
(self-reinforcing) behavior. The return (vs. "cure") rate is very
high. Keeping them inside is the only way to protect the innocent from
being victimized. Rehabilitation or deterrence are nice concepts that
MAY work but segregation DOES work, in the short term that is. It may
seem unjust, but it's not to the victim, the family OR those who don't
become victims as a result.

Now, that isn't to say they shouldn't receive treatment WITHIN the
system. Here in CA we have an entire "yard" within a newer facility
where sex offenders are (primarily) housed. They are required to attend
group therapy etc. AND, those who parole and are considered at the
highest risk are placed in a HIGH RISK program where they are closely
monitored, including curfews, electronic monitoring BUT are also
required to see a staff psychiatrist/psychologists and attend weekly
groups in the parole office.

So, I suppose the point is that approaches don't have to be mutually
exclusive. We must, however, take the public safety approach FIRST and
try the other approaches in a manner than presents the least amount of
risk to the public.

Best regards,

Jeff

Jeff Doyle

Sep 9, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/9/96

Jeffrey Alan Mewbourn wrote:

> Pbound (pbo...@aol.com)

> If no one else has confirmed it yet, then allow me: You ARE a child
> molester. It doesn't matter diddley-squat what you thought, or eve > if you even knew. The fact that you blew off his 11 year old brother > as well, doesn't help matters any. Whether you deserve to get
> poked in the rear when you get inside is not my call. While I've
> done time, I'm not the same person I was at that time and I tend to > be a bit more flexible in my thinking.

I agree with your premise here. And, make no mistake about it, I
believe sex criminals should be locked up. Depending on the act and its
severity, I think it should be a "one strike" offense.

BUT, here's a question that will undoubtedly piss a lot of folks off:
what if pbound had knocked up a 14 year old girl? Would he be awaiting
an appeal? Or, would the little girl be lining up to collect welfare
while he was off looking for another youngster to be his next "baby's
mother?" Again, I have no use for a guy who blows underage boys but
there is clearly a double standard.

I submit that we must deal with statutory rape in the same manner we
deal with cases like pbound's. Otherwise, it would seem that it's not
WHO you screw but WHAT you screw that matters.

Jeff

Nihl Jonker

Sep 9, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/9/96

Jeff Doyle <jld...@pacbell.net> wrote:
>Jeffrey Alan Mewbourn wrote:

>> Pbound (pbo...@aol.com)
>
>> If no one else has confirmed it yet, then allow me: You ARE a child
>> molester. It doesn't matter diddley-squat what you thought, or eve > if you even knew. The fact that you blew off his 11 year=

old brother > as well, doesn't help matters any. Whether you deserve to get
>> poked in the rear when you get inside is not my call. While I've
>> done time, I'm not the same person I was at that time and I tend to > be a bit more flexible in my thinking.
>

>I agree with your premise here. And, make no mistake about it, I
>believe sex criminals should be locked up. Depending on the act and its
>severity, I think it should be a "one strike" offense.
>
>BUT, here's a question that will undoubtedly piss a lot of folks off:
>what if pbound had knocked up a 14 year old girl? Would he be awaiting
>an appeal? Or, would the little girl be lining up to collect welfare
>while he was off looking for another youngster to be his next "baby's
>mother?" Again, I have no use for a guy who blows underage boys but
>there is clearly a double standard.
>
>I submit that we must deal with statutory rape in the same manner we
>deal with cases like pbound's. Otherwise, it would seem that it's not
>WHO you screw but WHAT you screw that matters.
>
>Jeff

So the gilr is in the welfar line and the slime continues on his way!

I disagree Jeff. If it were my daughter I don't think he'd be looking for
anything, if the prison system wasn't there to protect him from me.

Jeff, are you saying that this man would not get locked up if it were
a case of him molesting a young girl. I hope your wrong!

Nihl

Linda Crist

Sep 9, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/9/96

Thanks for caring about the women and children Jeff. This guy belongs in
prison, regardless of who he hurts, male or female. A child is a child
and until one is old enough and mature enough to make deliberate,
knowledgeable decisions, someone has to look out for them.

Nihl Jonker

Sep 9, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/9/96

Jailer <Jai...@earthlink.net> wrote:

>You did not address my point that while this child molester is in prison, young
>boys in his community might be safer. Prisons protect society from criminals.
>Rehabilitation only works if the individual wants to be rehabilitated.
>When a criminal is sentenced to prison, he has numerous programs available to
>turn his life around. At the same time, this individual cannot continue to
>commit crimes, therefore, society is being protected. You are under the misguided
>view that prisons are supposed to take in rapists, murderers and child molesters
>and turn them into choirboys. Prisons have a dual role of rehabilitation AND
>TO PROTECT SOCIETY............
>

>You and your ilk say prisons do not work, blah, blah, blah. Do you have any

>answers? I'm ready to listen. Here you have a man that molested two young boys,
>(11 and 14) You say prison is not the answer. What should we do with this man?
>
>Jailer

Jailer, I've got the answer!!! Prison dosn't work, so kill the &*%$'s that
victimize the young of our society. It dosn't matter how old he thought the
14 year old boy was if he did the 11 year old brother too. How old did he think
the youngest boy was? He knew!!!

Nihl

Nihl Jonker

Sep 9, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/9/96

rast...@wam.umd.edu (Jeffrey Alan Mewbourn) wrote:
>Pbound (pbo...@aol.com) wrote:
>
>: If my appeal isn't successful, it looks like I will be prison bound before
>: the end of this year. Before then, I want to come up with a strategy for
>: surviving and maybe someone in this group can suggest books or articles,
>: etc.
>
>: My offense involves a 14 year old boy (who was overly mature for his age).
>: I am not a child molester but fear I may be viewed as one and have heard
>: all the stories about how badly they are treated in prison. I don't know
>: if I should be up front about why I am there or not. People may find out
>: was 17 or so. His brother, 11, walked in on us and I was encouraged to
>: involve him too so that he wouldn't go back and tell it on his big
>: brother. But he told anyway. I wasn't charged with him because his
>: parents didn't want him in court, etc, or it could have been worse.
>
> If no one else has confirmed it yet, then allow me: You ARE a child
>molester. It doesn't matter diddley-squat what you thought, or eve if you
>even knew. The fact that you blew off his 11 year old brother as well,

>doesn't help matters any.
> Whether you deserve to get poked in the rear when you get inside is not
>my call. While I've done time, I'm not the same person I was at that time
>and I tend to be a bit more flexible in my thinking. Had I been in when
>you entered the institution, I seriously doubt if I would be asking you if
>you wanted to play some cards...but I wouldn't make a move on you either.
> As far as telling other inmates about your crime, I wouldn't recommend
>it. I was in for armed robbery and I don't think I told one person about
>the specifics of my crime. If I were you, I'd lie and come up with
>something not on the sexual-side of the law...rapists and child molesters
>tend to see more time in the Box than in general population.
> I also wouldn't recommend that you be up front about your
>sexuality...people might THINK you're gay, but won't know until you tell
>them. It might be your idea of fun to suck off pre-teens and ride the
>baloney pony....but if you go in too soft, even the weakest pieces of
>shit will prey on you and you'll be getting dicked more than you might
>care.
> Have fun.

I see alot of advise telling you not to be up front about your crime.
BULL. You will be found out. Inmates have a way of finding out your
crimes. Data processing comes to mind. Don't think that you won't be found
out. The first time you show your faggot tendencies in any way you w will
have your records searched in some way. Don't think that your records
are safe from the prying eyes of fellow convicts, There are ways around
the rules of the prison system, that deny access to such records.

Have fun in protective custody.

Nihl

RevJimS

Sep 9, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/9/96

In article <5122pu$8...@nw101.infi.net>, Nihl Jonker <njo...@x31.infi.net>
writes:

>Jeff, are you saying that this man would not get locked up if it were
>a case of him molesting a young girl. I hope your wrong!
>
>Nihl

Under Ohio law, it could be sort of iffy. If a case could be made that
the girl was the least bit willing, and over 13 years old, then the worst
he would get is a charge of contributing to the delinquency of a minor,
and a sentence of about 6 months probation. (I never said it was
fair). Jim

scout

Sep 9, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/9/96
to Pbound

Pbound wrote:

> If my appeal isn't successful, it looks like I will be prison bound before
> the end of this year. Before then, I want to come up with a strategy for
> surviving and maybe someone in this group can suggest books or articles,
> etc. I am in Texas and they don't allow smoking so I'm trying to quit
> before then, etc. I am in my 50's, out of shape, so I'm trying to buff up
> but know I'll never be able to fight a fit inmate. These things seem
> obvious things to do.
>
> I am gay and there is nothing I can do about that except not "look" gay.
> My offense involves a 14 year old boy (who was overly mature for his age).
> I am not a child molester but fear I may be viewed as one and have heard
> all the stories about how badly they are treated in prison. I don't know
> if I should be up front about why I am there or not. People may find out
> anyway and think I raped this young man when all that happened was that I
> gave him a BJ which he was more than willing get. I honestly thought he
> was 17 or so. His brother, 11, walked in on us and I was encouraged to
> involve him too so that he wouldn't go back and tell it on his big
> brother. But he told anyway. I wasn't charged with him because his
> parents didn't want him in court, etc, or it could have been worse.
>
> I feel scared right now and know it will only get worse as the day
> approaches. I want to get prepared for it ahead of time as best I can. I
> really don't think I'm going to want to have sex with anyone for a long,
> long time. But I don't want to get raped or beat up either.
>
> Has anyone out there been in a similar situation?
Your a sick fuck just like the rest on the convicts! you deserve prison
for what you did, and if you had ANY decency you would not keep
appealing. you did it,you guilty,you admitted it..so dont waste tax
payers money by filing bullshit paperwork. you knew the
consequences...you did the crime..it dosent matter if you knew the 14 yr
age....you had sex with a 12 yr old who's age you KNEW! so take it like
a man and do your time!no one likes baby rapers...especially one's who's
trying to make excuses to stay out of prison.

Kansas corrections officer

Alex Lloyd Gross

Sep 10, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/10/96

Anyone who would suck off two teenagers needs to get fucked in prison.

RevJimS

Sep 10, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/10/96

In article <323336...@earthlink.net>, Jailer <Jai...@earthlink.net>
writes:

>You and your ilk say prisons do not work, blah, blah, blah. Do you have
any
>answers? I'm ready to listen. Here you have a man that molested two
young
>boys,
>(11 and 14) You say prison is not the answer. What should we do with
this
>man?
>
>Jailer
>

>--------------

I agree that this man needs to be removed from society and rehabilitated,
but is the proper instrument for his rehab going to be prison ? We both
know that the "rehab" programs in prison are useless; let alone the fact
that most prisons just keep inmates on lockdown for 23 hours/day. Perhaps
a secure psychiatric institution would be better for sex offenders ?

bob carroll

Sep 10, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/10/96
to RevJimS

> >answers? I'm ready to listen. Here you have a man that molested two
> young[...]

> I agree that this man needs to be removed from society and rehabilitated,
> but is the proper instrument for his rehab going to be prison ? We both
> know that the "rehab" programs in prison are useless; let alone the fact
> that most prisons just keep inmates on lockdown for 23 hours/day. Perhaps
> a secure psychiatric institution would be better for sex offenders ?

Child molesters are a special case. They should be sent into the general prison
population whith a reading of their crime over the PA.

Charles Platt

Sep 10, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/10/96

bob carroll (car...@mail1.abac.com) wrote:

> Child molesters are a special case. They should be sent into the general prison
> population whith a reading of their crime over the PA.

Oh, but doesn't that mean everyone will know immediately what's going on?
"No announcement on the PA system ... must be another of those child
molesters ... let's get him!"

Jeff Doyle

Sep 10, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/10/96

Agreed.

Lyn M. Contresceri

Sep 11, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/11/96

In <323467...@pacbell.net> Jeff Doyle <jld...@pacbell.net> writes:

>Jeffrey Alan Mewbourn wrote:

Case in point, Jim.

Orange County CA DPSS is allowing the marriage of a 13 year old
pregnant CHILD to a twenty year old man who molested and impregnated
her. Authorities want to pursue the stat-rape; DPSS says marriage.

Crazy, isn't it? This may just be another indicator of the "dual"
consciousness of male-female based legal/criminal issues.

Lyn

DAMILLER

Sep 11, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/11/96

In article <5135ub$d...@newsbf02.news.aol.com>, rev...@aol.com (RevJimS)
writes:

>I agree that this man needs to be removed from society and rehabilitated,
>but is the proper instrument for his rehab going to be prison ? We both
>know that the "rehab" programs in prison are useless; let alone the fact
>that most prisons just keep inmates on lockdown for 23 hours/day.
Perhaps
>a secure psychiatric institution would be better for sex offenders ?
>

>Rev. James M. Sutter, D.D. D.B.
>Ambassador, Universal Life Church
>Cleveland, Ohio USA

Fewer than 10% of inmates are locked down in the manner in which you
speak. BTW it's pretty nice that you don't mind spending a lot more of
tax payers money.

Da Big D.A.

harl...@mindspring.com

Sep 11, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/11/96

On 5 Sep 1996 12:50:05 -0400, pbo...@aol.com (Pbound) wrote:

>If my appeal isn't successful, it looks like I will be prison bound before
>the end of this year. Before then, I want to come up with a strategy for
>surviving and maybe someone in this group can suggest books or articles,
>etc. I am in Texas and they don't allow smoking so I'm trying to quit
>before then, etc. I am in my 50's, out of shape, so I'm trying to buff up
>but know I'll never be able to fight a fit inmate. These things seem
>obvious things to do.
>

>In

In my opinion you are probably just a misunderstood person who needs
help and sympathy from all of us. Your crimes obviously stem from
some deep rooted feelings, or childhood memories, or abuses. Therefore
I can feel your pain.

p.s. Yea right !! truthfully if justice could really be served they
should cut you dick off and sew it permanently in your own mouth and
let you suck yourself to death. Eat shit and Die

love: The Redneck

High Tech Redneck
Harl...@mindspring.com

Len

Sep 11, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/11/96

> >If my appeal isn't successful, it looks like I will be prison bound before
> >the end of this year. Before then, I want to come up with a strategy for
> >surviving and maybe someone in this group can suggest books or articles,
> >etc. I am in Texas and they don't allow smoking so I'm trying to quit
> >before then, etc. I am in my 50's, out of shape, so I'm trying to buff up
> >but know I'll never be able to fight a fit inmate. These things seem
> >obvious things to do.

> p.s. Yea right !! truthfully if justice could really be served they

> should cut you dick off and sew it permanently in your own mouth and
> let you suck yourself to death. Eat shit and Die

I want you to reflect, RedNeck, on what your wrote and really tell me
how
you feel, ok? Don't hold back now, just be truthful, and say it simply
and
in a plain, straight foward fashion. OK?

Jailer

Sep 11, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/11/96

RevJimS wrote:

> In article <323336...@earthlink.net>, Jailer <Jai...@earthlink.net>
> writes:
>

> >You and your ilk say prisons do not work, blah, blah, blah. Do you have
> any
> >answers? I'm ready to listen. Here you have a man that molested two
> young
> >boys,
> >(11 and 14) You say prison is not the answer. What should we do with
> this
> >man?
> >
> >Jailer
> >
> >--------------
>
> I agree that this man needs to be removed from society and rehabilitated,
> but is the proper instrument for his rehab going to be prison ? We both
> know that the "rehab" programs in prison are useless;

Are they useless? GED programs, A. A. and drug treatment programs, college
educations. These programs are not useless. The problem is that most
individuals that are incarcerated do not want to be rehabilitated, they
just want to "get over" on the system untill they get back on the street.

> let alone the fact
> that most prisons just keep inmates on lockdown for 23 hours/day.

This statement is not true and you know it. Most prisons have numerous
yard, shop, mess and school movements for the inmates. The only prisons
that are on lockdown for 23 hours are institutions designed to house
inmates with serious discipline problems.

Come on, Get your facts straight.

RevJimS

Sep 13, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/13/96

In article <3234B1...@feist.com>, scout <sc...@feist.com> writes:

>> Has anyone out there been in a similar situation?
>Your a sick fuck just like the rest on the convicts! you deserve prison
>for what you did, and if you had ANY decency you would not keep
>appealing. you did it,you guilty,you admitted it..so dont waste tax
>payers money by filing bullshit paperwork. you knew the
>consequences...you did the crime..it dosent matter if you knew the 14 yr
>age....you had sex with a 12 yr old who's age you KNEW! so take it like
>a man and do your time!no one likes baby rapers...especially one's who's
>trying to make excuses to stay out of prison.
>
>Kansas corrections officer

Don't they teach COs in Kansas how to write and spell ? Pick your
knuckles up, they're dragging on the ground again........

Charles Platt

Sep 13, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/13/96

RevJimS (rev...@aol.com) wrote:

> Don't they teach COs in Kansas how to write and spell ? Pick your
> knuckles up, they're dragging on the ground again........

Not very holy of you, Reverend. And not very relevant. If someone
hasn't had as good an education as you, he may still have useful
information.

RevJimS

Sep 13, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/13/96

In article <32374ac3...@news.mindspring.com>,
harl...@mindspring.com writes:

>p.s. Yea right !! truthfully if justice could really be served they
>should cut you dick off and sew it permanently in your own mouth and
>let you suck yourself to death. Eat shit and Die
>

>love: The Redneck

Now there's a well reasoned, intelligent response if ever I saw one.

Bob Brandoff

Sep 14, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/14/96

rev...@aol.com (RevJimS) wrote:

The Rev. wrote:

>Don't they teach COs in Kansas how to write and spell ? Pick your
>knuckles up, they're dragging on the ground again........

I don't know about you, but this CO got his message-clear as a bell!

Plus, this is not English 101. Its a newsgroup about prisons.

And, he pays his Internet bill, so he can write however he wants to.

Who pays yours? Is it a write-off? Part of a nice, cozy, IRS loophole?

PTL!
Bob B.

RevJimS

Sep 19, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/19/96

In article <323732...@earthlink.net>, Jailer <Jai...@earthlink.net>
writes:

>Are they useless? GED programs, A. A. and drug treatment programs,
college
>educations. These programs are not useless. The problem is that most
>individuals that are incarcerated do not want to be rehabilitated, they
>just want to "get over" on the system untill they get back on the street.

First, IF these programs are offered at an institution, there is usually a
long waiting list for these classes. Second, most prisoners have to be
motivated for these classes by good time offers. Third, and most
importantly, the recidivism rate shows that these programs are, in effect,
useless. I am strongly in favor of offering as many educational
opportunities as possible for inmates, however, they must be combined with
effective rehab so that they will not turn out a college graudate that
comes back to prison 6 months after release. By themselves, the classes
just do not seem to have much of a positive impact.

>> let alone the fact
>> that most prisons just keep inmates on lockdown for 23 hours/day.
>
>This statement is not true and you know it. Most prisons have numerous
>yard, shop, mess and school movements for the inmates. The only prisons
>that are on lockdown for 23 hours are institutions designed to house
>inmates with serious discipline problems.

Admittedly, most prisons require the low and sometimes medium security
prisoners to work. However, what about the high security or SHU prisoners
? They are on lockdown and usually stay on lockdown with very short
periods of exercise time. Some prisons, like Marion have almost
continuous lockdown.

Let's hear from some CO's from medium and high security prisons -- how
many hours a day are your inmates locked down ?

Robert Brandoff

Sep 23, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/23/96

Charles Platt wrote:

> RevJimS (rev...@aol.com) wrote:
>
> > Don't they teach COs in Kansas how to write and spell ? Pick your
> > knuckles up, they're dragging on the ground again........
>
> Not very holy of you, Reverend. And not very relevant. If someone
> hasn't had as good an education as you, he may still have useful
> information.

Better to drag one's knuckles than to drag the bible, Reverend.

Curtis Smith

Sep 25, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/25/96

RevJimS <rev...@aol.com> wrote in article
<51qq2l$9...@newsbf02.news.aol.com>...

> Admittedly, most prisons require the low and sometimes medium security
> prisoners to work. However, what about the high security or SHU
prisoners
> ? They are on lockdown and usually stay on lockdown with very short
> periods of exercise time. Some prisons, like Marion have almost
> continuous lockdown.
>
> Let's hear from some CO's from medium and high security prisons -- how
> many hours a day are your inmates locked down ?

The low life bastards in SHU or permanent lockdown are wild animals.
Usually they are violent and uncontrollable. There is no reason to let
them out in general population because they will just kill other inmates
and staff anyway. Ofcourse these idiots won't have access to prison
programs. They've demontrated that its more than a waste of time to
provide it to them.

user

Nov 8, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/8/96
Jailer wrote:

> RevJimS wrote:
> >
> > In article <323336...@earthlink.net>, Jailer <Jai...@earthlink.net>
> > writes:
> >

> > >You and your ilk say prisons do not work, blah, blah, blah. Do you have
> > any
> > >answers? I'm ready to listen. Here you have a man that molested two
> > young
> > >boys,
> > >(11 and 14) You say prison is not the answer. What should we do with
> > this
> > >man?
> > >
> > >Jailer
> > >
> > >--------------
> >
> > I agree that this man needs to be removed from society and rehabilitated,
> > but is the proper instrument for his rehab going to be prison ? We both
> > know that the "rehab" programs in prison are useless;
>
> Are they useless? GED programs, A. A. and drug treatment programs, college
> educations. These programs are not useless. The problem is that most
> individuals that are incarcerated do not want to be rehabilitated, they
> just want to "get over" on the system untill they get back on the street.
>
> > let alone the fact
> > that most prisons just keep inmates on lockdown for 23 hours/day.
>
> This statement is not true and you know it. Most prisons have numerous
> yard, shop, mess and school movements for the inmates. The only prisons
> that are on lockdown for 23 hours are institutions designed to house
> inmates with serious discipline problems.
>
> Come on, Get your facts straight.
> Well, that's all nice to know. Now let's talk about what really goes on
inside of jails and prisons. Granted, these types of institutions should
not be as pleasent as the Holiday Inn; but, an institution that is
supposed to aid in the reform of criminals should not allow crime to
continue within the facility. Crimes in prisons are not just being
commited by the inmates, they are being commited by the co's
(correctional officers) as well. Infact, one prison in Florida is under
FBI investigation for throwing an inmate off a balcony to his death.
This, however, was not the first time for an incident like this one to
occur. In fact, these types of incidents were so frequent that they have
there own cemetary. This may not hold true for all prisons or jails but
it should not hold true for any institutions such as these. I'm reminded
of the saying,"practice what you preach." How can we have any kind of
law
inforcement when we have inforcers of law commiting the same types of
crimes as some of the people that are on Death Row? If the inmates
continue to witness enforcers of law breaking the law, they ,too, will
continue to not abide by a law that is not enforced. Well, I guess I'll
step down off my soap box. Just remember that appearences can be
deceiving. So until you have actually experienced time in prison don't
be
so quick to assume anything.

aja keith

Nov 8, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/8/96
> Well, that's all good to know. Now let's talk about what really goes on inside of jails and prisons. Granted, jails and prisons should not be as comfortable as the Holiday Inn; but, these institutions for criminals are not as comfortable as they have been made out to be. For instances, in one Florida prison inmates are killed so often there, that the prison has its own cemetary. In fact, this particular prison is under FBI investigation for throwing one inmate off the balcony tohis death. Although all prisons and jails are not like this particular one, none of them should be. How can we ask these criminals to uphold the law when they see law enforcers committing some of the same crimes as the people of death row. I am reminded of the saying,"practice what you preach."
Alright, I'll step down off my soap box now. Just remember don't be so
quick to assume anything, until you have experiencd time in prison or
jail.

aja keith

Nov 8, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/8/96