Hey Everyone, I Wanna Be....

rasputin

Aug 30, 1997, 3:00:00 AM8/30/97

Something suddenly just occured to me. This is the internet, I can be
whatever I want to be! I can be a scholar, a scientist, a baker, a
candlestick maker. Hey this is fun! Todays choice is...uhmmmmm..let me
see, today I am the president of a very very large high tech company
based in Seattle Wa. Some people claim I have a monopoly, how dare
they say such a thing. Tomorrow, who knows. But for today, please just
refer to me as "Bill". Thank you internet. Technology is such a
wonderful thing.

The Mad Monk says
"This ain't no party
This ain't no disco
This ain't no fooling around"
Talking Heads

Pat Keenan

Sep 1, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/1/97

RevJimS <rev...@aol.com> wrote in article
> Comments always welcome.
It seems this guy is constantly on the internet citing law and disorder in
the jail system. Now he is attempting humour.
Shouldn't a minister spend more time ministering his people or praying in a
church? Be gone you phoney ex con that found God!
P. Keenan,
prison guard

to...@eastky.com

Sep 1, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/1/97

In article <01bcb6a4$7847e280$225b82ce@patkeena>,

Well, P. Keenan, Rev Jim is not a phoney ex-con; he is a true blue one
with the Fed tag to prove it. And for you to order him to "Be gone..." I
seriously doublt you have the power to influence either him or his
dedication to his calling. The Rev is ministering to those whom he has
been called to serve. There are many ways to minister, and the use of
the ng is merely the high tech way of preaching from the mountaintop.
The sermon is Truth and the itchey ears of the DRC and APA are unwilling
to hear it, so in anyway that is allowed to us by law, Rev Jim shall
publicize the truth, as he knows it to be in Ohio, and where ever else he
may be led by his faith in his God which you have no right to mock.

Blessings on You, P. Keenan
tonel -- prisoner advocate

BTW -- check our site:
http://www.geocities.com/CapitolHill/Lobby/4323
http://members.tripod.com/~ohfads/index.htm

We are adding a section about the Death Penalty in Ohio.

RevJimS

Sep 1, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/1/97

In article <01bcb6a4$7847e280$225b82ce@patkeena>, "Pat Keenan"

<pok...@netroute.net> writes:

>It seems this guy is constantly on the internet citing law and disorder in
>the jail system. Now he is attempting humour.
>Shouldn't a minister spend more time ministering his people or praying in a
>church? Be gone you phoney ex con that found God!
>P. Keenan,
>prison guard

Actually, I spend way too many 24 hour days, including time conducting
services, weddings, funerals, etc. I even pray for lost souls such as
yours. As to phoney ex-con, would you like my BOP number to verify the
time I spent in the fed prison in Lexington ?

P.S. I was a minister -before- I gave in to greed and went to prison.

Rev. James M. Sutter, D.D., D.B., C.P.M.
Pastor, Doers of the Word Baptist Fellowship Church
Pastor, ULC of Ohio
Cleveland, Ohio, USA

WEB site at http://members.aol.com/RevJimS/index.html (Revised and
updated 6/97)

Comments always welcome.

RevJimS

Sep 2, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/2/97

In article <5ufo0q$j...@camel3.mindspring.com>, wood...@mindspring.com
(Randy Wood) writes:

>You're stating that you don't believe RevJimS is an ex-con. Do you
>know something the rest of us don't? Is he a closet "square"?????
>
>Randy

Um, excuse my ignorance, what's a "closet square" ? And as I told the
poster, I'd be glad to offer my BOP number, he can call BOP records to
verify I spent time in FMC Lexington. As a matter of fact, I'll offer it
now. My BOP number was 33692-060. Anyone can call BOP, I guess a good
place to start is wit their Mid-Atlantic Regional Office, at (301)
317-3211. And I'm still on Supervised Release, until 4/15/97, if someone
doubts that, I can give them the name and number of my PO.

Any "Doubting Thomases" out there want to verify that my "bona-fides" are
for real, give it a whirl.

Cella...@msn.com

Sep 2, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/2/97

In article <340837d8...@news.gville.mindspring.com>,

LOL How true.

chico

Sep 2, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/2/97

to...@eastky.com wrote:

> In article <01bcb6a4$7847e280$225b82ce@patkeena>,

> "Pat Keenan" <pok...@netroute.net> wrote:
> >

> > RevJimS <rev...@aol.com> wrote in article
> > > Comments always welcome.

> > It seems this guy is constantly on the internet citing law and disorder in
> > the jail system. Now he is attempting humour.
> > Shouldn't a minister spend more time ministering his people or praying in a
> > church? Be gone you phoney ex con that found God!
> > P. Keenan,
> > prison guard
>

> Well, P. Keenan, Rev Jim is not a phoney ex-con; he is a true blue one
> with the Fed tag to prove it. And for you to order him to "Be gone..." I
> seriously doublt you have the power to influence either him or his
> dedication to his calling. The Rev is ministering to those whom he has
> been called to serve. There are many ways to minister, and the use of
> the ng is merely the high tech way of preaching from the mountaintop.
> The sermon is Truth and the itchey ears of the DRC and APA are unwilling
> to hear it, so in anyway that is allowed to us by law, Rev Jim shall
> publicize the truth, as he knows it to be in Ohio, and where ever else he
> may be led by his faith in his God which you have no right to mock.
>
> Blessings on You, P. Keenan
> tonel -- prisoner advocate
>
> BTW -- check our site:
> http://www.geocities.com/CapitolHill/Lobby/4323
> http://members.tripod.com/~ohfads/index.htm
>
> We are adding a section about the Death Penalty in Ohio.

Why don't you send him all of your money and let him move in with you if
you believe in his cause so much?

chico

Randy Wood

Sep 2, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/2/97

In article <01bcb6a4$7847e280$225b82ce@patkeena>, "Pat Keenan" <pok...@netroute.net> says:

>RevJimS <rev...@aol.com> wrote in article
>> Comments always welcome.
>It seems this guy is constantly on the internet citing law and disorder in
>the jail system. Now he is attempting humour.
>Shouldn't a minister spend more time ministering his people or praying in a
>church? Be gone you phoney ex con that found God!
>P. Keenan,
>prison guard

You're stating that you don't believe RevJimS is an ex-con. Do you

Randy Wood

Sep 4, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/4/97

In article <19970902031...@ladder02.news.aol.com>, rev...@aol.com (RevJimS) says:

>In article <5ufo0q$j...@camel3.mindspring.com>, wood...@mindspring.com
>(Randy Wood) writes:
>

>>You're stating that you don't believe RevJimS is an ex-con. Do you
>>know something the rest of us don't? Is he a closet "square"?????
>>
>>Randy
>

>Um, excuse my ignorance, what's a "closet square" ? And as I told the
>poster, I'd be glad to offer my BOP number, he can call BOP records to
>verify I spent time in FMC Lexington. As a matter of fact, I'll offer it
>now. My BOP number was 33692-060. Anyone can call BOP, I guess a good
>place to start is wit their Mid-Atlantic Regional Office, at (301)
>317-3211. And I'm still on Supervised Release, until 4/15/97, if someone
>doubts that, I can give them the name and number of my PO.
>
>Any "Doubting Thomases" out there want to verify that my "bona-fides" are
>for real, give it a whirl.

A "square" is 1970's prison slang for an honest citizen (and I was joking
-- I trust you!) therefore, a "closet square" would be a straight person
(not a con) pretending to be a con.

Randy

RevJimS

Sep 5, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/5/97

In article <340FFB...@n.com>, MAXXXX <no...@n.com> writes:

> One more thing...does it matter when Rev.Jim got ordained? I've seen
>him defend this topic time and time again. Stop doing that Jim..I know
>you said you were ordained before prison..but it really doesn't matter.
>It's a smokescreen topic that is continually thrown in your face when
>people realize that you're actually doing something with your life..and
>they aren't man enough to say GOOD JOB..it says alot for you're strength
>of character to take a event like that and turn it into something good.
>Maybe you can share with the negative folks what it means to have
>personal satifaction from you're chosen profession.
>
> That's all for now,

I know, I've stated over and over that I was ordained some time before
going to prison, I'm not sure if the critics aren't taking the time to read
old posts or if they are just using it, as you say, for a smokescreen.

I would like to say two things. First, I, along with other prison
ministers I know, have brought many people to the Lord. This includes
inmates, and even COs. I have had several COs come forward when I make an
"altar call", asking listeners to give their lives to God. I have watched
some (unfortunately not all, but I know a jailhouse Christian when I see
one) inmates make major improvements after they turn to God. I have seen
judges remark on the visible difference in an inmate's demeanor after they
found God. I am very proud of these people, and I try to make sure they
receive all the follow up support possible, whether they're being released
or still have years to go - counseling and support are good follow ups.

Secondly, I'm not sure if this is selfish or not, but when I come home
from working in the prisons, I feel good. I feel that I have made an
important difference in people's lives, hopefully reducing the violence and
tension levels in prisons and making a contribution towards lowering the
recidivism rate. I also feel that I have fulfilled God's instructions to
bring people to His glory and love. Is it selfish to feel good about one's
job ? I don't know. I know that doing my job does give me a better sense
of self-worth. I do my work for free, so it's not like I'm happy I made
money that day. Since coming home from prison, money is no longer
important. I am happier being poor and honest than having money from
dishonest means. Here I go rambling again, sorry.

Anyway, I always pray for all Cos, and am always glad to see them come forward.

RevJimS

Sep 5, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/5/97

In article <01bcb9a7$00a4ab40$3f5b82ce@patkeena>, "Pat Keenan"
<pok...@netroute.net> writes:

>This writer called the right reverend a phoney. I never doubted his
>criminal past and his being incarcerated.
>I call him PHONEY because he obviously falls into the same bracket that so
>many mopes fall into when they become incarcerated. ie. FINDING GOD.
>Break the law and you go to jail. Want to do it easy? Find God and
>everybody will fall all over you supplying you with Bible study material,
>mailing lists, visits from Bible thumpers, etc, etc, etc.
>I am glad if the right reverend is now fulfilled and happy in his work, but
>until I meet this guy face to face I have a hunch that he is a phoney
>ex-con that did his time the easy way.
>Question.. why did you wait until prison to find your vocation?
>I guess it takes a good B&E or an assault or a bank robbery to bring the
>real person out, eh!<

PAT - Yes, there is apparently a misunderstanding. I began studying for
ordination in 1988. I was ordained in December 1994. I was sentenced and
went to prison in January 1996. I took my faith to prison with me, and it
was one of the msot important factors in maintaining my sanity while
incarcerated. And my offense was not B&E, or assault or bank robbery - it
was misuse of a credit card.

>Do me a favour and pray for me next time you are in your CHURCH rev. <

I don't have to be in church to pray, Pat. God listens to us anytime,
anywhere we ask for His attention. I do pray for all COs & inmates with
every prayer, including my prayers when in church as a congregant or
celebrating services. You are included in my prayers.
>Any prison staff that fall for your line of crap should go back to basic
>training!
>Thanks for listening,
>P. Keenan<

Actually, I have had the honor of meeting quite a few prison staff who are
also Christians, and enjoyed fellowship with them. They, too are
frustrated by prison conditions, and hope for changes and enlightenment of
other prison staff.

MAXXXX

Sep 5, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/5/97

Pat Keenan wrote:

> , Rev Jim shall
> > > publicize the truth, as he knows it to be in Ohio, and where ever else
> he
> > > may be led by his faith in his God which you have no right to mock.
> > >
> > > Blessings on You, P. Keenan
> >

> Slight misunderstanding apparent:

> This writer called the right reverend a phoney. I never doubted his
> criminal past and his being incarcerated.
> I call him PHONEY because he obviously falls into the same bracket that so
> many mopes fall into when they become incarcerated. ie. FINDING GOD.
> Break the law and you go to jail. Want to do it easy? Find God and
> everybody will fall all over you supplying you with Bible study material,
> mailing lists, visits from Bible thumpers, etc, etc, etc.
> I am glad if the right reverend is now fulfilled and happy in his work, but
> until I meet this guy face to face I have a hunch that he is a phoney
> ex-con that did his time the easy way.
> Question.. why did you wait until prison to find your vocation?
> I guess it takes a good B&E or an assault or a bank robbery to bring the
> real person out, eh!

> Do me a favour and pray for me next time you are in your CHURCH rev.

> Any prison staff that fall for your line of crap should go back to basic
> training!
> Thanks for listening,
> P. Keenan

I still don't get it. I sit here and read and read and read,and all I
hear is negative bullshit from the guard. Not, hey..congratulations on
doing something to help yourself and others..hey, most people would take
a situation like being incarcerated and let it ruin their life..hey, it
must take alot of balls to get up and brush yourself off after you
fucked up and actually learn from it! Guess what Keene or Kleen or
Keenoon or Keenan-who actually gives a shit- PEOPLE FUCK UP-, it's your
job to be part of the "rehab" effort. It's no wonder it fails most of
the time. Let me repeat, it's your job..IT'S YOUR JOB..it's your
stinking dreary job that you can't seem to stand to identify the few
young fuckups that maybe, just maybe, you could help. Ever think of
that? If you were not so freaking jaded from the population of cons-the
one's that aren't helping themselves..perhaps you could actually make a
real difference in someones life..You gotta think back slick, to what or
who actually made a difference in what you are today..and also make the
tough realization that most of these people didn't have the guiding
force that you had..alot had bad examples for parents..so what do you
expect? I know, everyone had a rough life and I learned from my own
mistakes and I am who I am because of me..blah blah blah...
So let me offer you some free advice..from the things I've read
from you, you're way to freaking jaded to do anybody any good. Do
something that makes you happy..preferably not dealing with cons.
Alot of the first timers and short timers are open for some advice from
someone that's got their shit together..Like you..these people don't
respond to direspect..they respond to respect and positive words..and
it's not gonna work with everyone..but if you can help one fresh one
every week, or month, or year, your doing you're part. Nobody's begging
you to stay..so try and make a difference if you do..quit being a downer
on the people that have nothing but positive and constructive things to
say.

One more thing...does it matter when Rev.Jim got ordained? I've seen
him defend this topic time and time again. Stop doing that Jim..I know
you said you were ordained before prison..but it really doesn't matter.
It's a smokescreen topic that is continually thrown in your face when
people realize that you're actually doing something with your life..and
they aren't man enough to say GOOD JOB..it says alot for you're strength
of character to take a event like that and turn it into something good.
Maybe you can share with the negative folks what it means to have
personal satifaction from you're chosen profession.

That's all for now,

Later, MAXXXX

Randy Wood

Sep 6, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/6/97

In article <19970905190...@ladder01.news.aol.com>, rev...@aol.com (RevJimS) says:

>In article <01bcb9a7$00a4ab40$3f5b82ce@patkeena>, "Pat Keenan"
><pok...@netroute.net> writes:
>
>>This writer called the right reverend a phoney. I never doubted his
>>criminal past and his being incarcerated.
>>I call him PHONEY because he obviously falls into the same bracket that so
>>many mopes fall into when they become incarcerated. ie. FINDING GOD.
>>Break the law and you go to jail. Want to do it easy? Find God and
>>everybody will fall all over you supplying you with Bible study material,
>>mailing lists, visits from Bible thumpers, etc, etc, etc.
>>I am glad if the right reverend is now fulfilled and happy in his work, but
>>until I meet this guy face to face I have a hunch that he is a phoney
>>ex-con that did his time the easy way.
>>Question.. why did you wait until prison to find your vocation?
>>I guess it takes a good B&E or an assault or a bank robbery to bring the
>>real person out, eh!<
>

>PAT - Yes, there is apparently a misunderstanding. I began studying for
>ordination in 1988. I was ordained in December 1994. I was sentenced and
>went to prison in January 1996. I took my faith to prison with me, and it
>was one of the msot important factors in maintaining my sanity while
>incarcerated. And my offense was not B&E, or assault or bank robbery - it
>was misuse of a credit card.

>>Do me a favour and pray for me next time you are in your CHURCH rev. <
>
>I don't have to be in church to pray, Pat. God listens to us anytime,
>anywhere we ask for His attention. I do pray for all COs & inmates with
>every prayer, including my prayers when in church as a congregant or
>celebrating services. You are included in my prayers.
>>Any prison staff that fall for your line of crap should go back to basic
>>training!
>>Thanks for listening,
>>P. Keenan<
>

>Actually, I have had the honor of meeting quite a few prison staff who are
>also Christians, and enjoyed fellowship with them. They, too are
>frustrated by prison conditions, and hope for changes and enlightenment of
>other prison staff.

P. Keenan,

You obviously are in the wrong job. If you are a Corrections Officer,
you should therefore, be providing correction, not abuse. Correction is
something that is done in love because you care, abuse is done out of
hatred. Your hatred of anyone who loves his/her Creator and the rest of
your post proves that God is right. He said, in the Bible:
Psalms 14:1 The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. They are
corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.

Thank you for proving the Bible true.

Randy