YANT (yet another new term)

bikerbabe in black leather

Aug 4, 1997, 3:00:00 AM8/4/97

A term that I have used off and on in the past that has served me well
is FAL. Friend And Lover. It's pretty descriptive of when a good
friend is also someone with whom I share sex, but with whom I'm not in
a relationship per se. I like it because it easy to say as well and
once I've introduced people to it, I can say it of someone and be
understood.

My little poly moment for the day :-)

--
Anmar Mirza #Chief of Tranquility#I'm a cheap date, but an expensive pet.
EMT-D TBTW10#Base, Lawrence Co. #How many vegetables die for a glass of V8?

B.C. Holmes

Aug 5, 1997, 3:00:00 AM8/5/97

On 4 Aug 1997 04:59:25 GMT, ami...@copper.ucs.indiana.edu (bikerbabe
in black leather) wrote:

>A term that I have used off and on in the past that has served me well
>is FAL. Friend And Lover. It's pretty descriptive of when a good
>friend is also someone with whom I share sex, but with whom I'm not in
>a relationship per se. I like it because it easy to say as well and
>once I've introduced people to it, I can say it of someone and be
>understood.

I've always like "friend with access" or "friend with
benefits" (as in the Alanis Morrisette song). Not as easy to say as
"FAL", but, hey, I work in the computer industry: I don't need more
acronyms in my life.

BCing you
----+----+----+----+----+----+----+----+----+----+----+----+----+----+--
B.C. Holmes "Heard a voice crying 'Don't jump --
http://www.interlog.com/~bcholmes/ please for God's sake, let me move
* Anti-spam reply-to address * my car'."

straf samantha

Aug 5, 1997, 3:00:00 AM8/5/97

bikerbabe in black leather suggested:

>>is FAL. Friend And Lover. It's pretty descriptive of when a good

FaL is a good term but dosen't seem to flow in conversation well.
as in 'this is Mike my FAL' vs 'this is Mike my toy' or 'this is Mike
my secondary' or whatever...

--
Samantha Star Straf Network Analyst
st...@uiuc.edu UIUC College of ACES Microcomputer Facility

bikerbabe in black leather

Aug 6, 1997, 3:00:00 AM8/6/97

In article <19970805134...@ladder01.news.aol.com>,
Gwanwyn1 <gwan...@aol.com> wrote:
>In article <5s658m$92p$1...@vixen.cso.uiuc.edu>, st...@staff.uiuc.edu (straf

>samantha) writes:
>
>>FaL is a good term but dosen't seem to flow in conversation well.
>>as in 'this is Mike my FAL' vs 'this is Mike my toy' or 'this is Mike
>>my secondary' or whatever...

How about "Mike is a fal of mine?" or "What's your relationship with
Mike?" "We're fals."

>Rhyme FaL with pal and I think it would flow pretty well...:) (delurking
>briefly!)

That is exactly how I pronounce it, clueless folk just assume I said
pal :-)