Another Ohio Voting Debacle?

Sugapablo

Oct 13, 2006, 9:34:06 AM10/13/06
My friend from Ohio IM'd me this morning:

Lisa
MSN
8:28
get this
8:28
ya know I'm a new Ohio resident

Sugapablo
MSN
8:28
ok

Lisa
MSN
8:28
and never voted in this problematic voting state
8:28
I live in belmont county
8:28
along the river
8:28
coal miners and steel workers
8:29
so a democratic part of the state
8:29
mostly older people
8:29
this morning on the news
8:29
they announced TEN voting stations will be closed in belmont county

Here we go again!

--
Sugapablo: http://www.sugapablo.net
RSS Feed: http://www.sugapablo.net/rss.php

Joe S.

Oct 13, 2006, 8:43:58 AM10/13/06

"Sugapablo" <ru...@REMOVEsugapablo.com> wrote in message

It's worse than that.

Try to get an absentee ballot application in Ohio and you will find that the
applications are for the 2004 election -- and if you do not use a current
application, your vote won't count. Of course, Ohio Secretary of State Ken
Blackwell is the one who's responsible for distributing up-to-date absentee
applications -- Blackwell is the one who stole Ohio for Bush in 2004, he is
a candidate for governor, and it looks like he's trying to steal this
election.

Rev. Bob 'Bob' Crispen

Oct 13, 2006, 9:10:46 AM10/13/06
The voices told me that "Sugapablo" <ru...@REMOVEsugapablo.com> would
say on Fri 13 Oct 2006 08:34:06a:

> they announced TEN voting stations will be closed in belmont county
>
> Here we go again!

Yeah, but remember, Republicans don't have anything to do with voter
suppression.

And Foley is a Democrat.

And Hastert is working with OJ Simpson to find the *real* Foley cover-
uppers.
--
Rev. Bob "Bob" Crispen
bob at crispen dot org

The universe is full of magical things, patiently waiting for our wits
to grow sharper. - Eden Phillpotts

jimpgh2002

Oct 13, 2006, 9:27:41 AM10/13/06
On Friday, 13 Oct 06 08:34:06 -0500, "Sugapablo"
<ru...@REMOVEsugapablo.com> wrote:

What a buncha B.S. ANYONE can get an absentee ballot if they
are concerned about lines at the polls.

jimpgh2002

Oct 13, 2006, 9:33:58 AM10/13/06
On Fri, 13 Oct 2006 08:43:58 -0400, "Joe S." <an...@mous.net> wrote:

>"Sugapablo" <ru...@REMOVEsugapablo.com> wrote in message
>> My friend from Ohio IM'd me this morning:
>>

>It's worse than that.
>
>Try to get an absentee ballot application in Ohio and you will find that the
>applications are for the 2004 election -- and if you do not use a current
>application, your vote won't count. Of course, Ohio Secretary of State Ken
>Blackwell is the one who's responsible for distributing up-to-date absentee
>applications -- Blackwell is the one who stole Ohio for Bush in 2004, he is
>a candidate for governor, and it looks like he's trying to steal this
>election.

As usual, you are full of shit. I live in Ohio and will be
out of town on election day. I obtained an absentee ballot
application, then sent for and have received an absentee ballot.
Furthermore, ANYONE can vote absentee, if they like. I
obtained absentee ballots for my wife & daughter as well, so they can
avoid any lines at the polls.

Vandar

Oct 13, 2006, 9:39:32 AM10/13/06

p62c61

Oct 13, 2006, 10:53:57 AM10/13/06

Joe S. wrote:

> It's worse than that.
>
> Try to get an absentee ballot application in Ohio and you will find that the
> applications are for the 2004 election -- and if you do not use a current
> application, your vote won't count. Of course, Ohio Secretary of State Ken
> Blackwell is the one who's responsible for distributing up-to-date absentee
> applications --

Well no he isn't as a matter of fact, but why let facts and truth get
in the way of your little conspiracy formation?

County and distict election panels are responsible for getting out the
materials that they have in hand and are also responsible the desicion
about polling places and machines deployed. In the area described that
would be local Democrats making those descision.

>Blackwell is the one who stole Ohio for Bush in 2004, he is
> a candidate for governor, and it looks like he's trying to steal this
> election.

Nah, looks like the Democrats' internal polling is showing they're not
the shoe-ins they thought they'd be and so now they're preparing the
conspriacy stories to cast doubt on the results.

If you're in Democrat region and you have an issue with polling places
and machines I would highly recommend to direct your complaints to
those responsible: The Democrats who control the local election board.

p62c61

Oct 13, 2006, 11:04:20 AM10/13/06
Vandar wrote:

Well I'd be careful taking that route. The area described is a heavily
Democrat and the local election board which is responsible for
providing registration and absentee ballot services (amongst other
things) is all Democrat.

I wouldn't put it past them that having seen their own internal polling
and fearing they're about to loose they'd send out a bunch of old forms
for people to show the media in order to gin up another controversy.

That the local Democrat election boards, not the state and not Ken
Blackwell, is responsible for handling these matters and all those
described in 2004 never gets mentioned in their little conspiracy
fantasies.

That Ken Blackwell is running for governor a little smear effort at the
last moment with these sort of shenanigans wouldn't hurt either.

Joe S.

Oct 13, 2006, 10:54:45 AM10/13/06

"jimpgh2002" <pm...@xxnospamxx.com> wrote in message

Did you check the date on the form?

You may well have received a ballot -- but -- if the election is close and
Blackwell wants to reject some votes, he'll go back and find that you used
an outdated application and will use that fact to toss out your vote.
Also -- outdated applications were placed mainly in districts with high
concentrations of Democrats.

Remember the 2004 election when Blackwell was rejecting ballot applications
because they were not submitted on 20-pound paper?

Joe S.

Oct 13, 2006, 10:59:27 AM10/13/06

"Vandar" <vand...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

Yes, they are:
http://www.bradblog.com/?p=3566#more-3566

http://www.bradblog.com/?p=3573#more-3573

And -- did you get one of these ballots? More than 1,500 absentee ballots
sent to voters in several Cuyahoga County communities listed the wrong party
affiliations for two candidates in the race for Ohio House District 7.
Democratic incumbent Kenny Yuko was incorrectly listed as a Republican,
while challenger Beverly Valencic was mislabeled as a Democrat.

Joe S.

Oct 13, 2006, 11:00:09 AM10/13/06

http://www.bradblog.com/?p=3566#more-3566

Captain Compassion

Oct 13, 2006, 11:40:50 AM10/13/06
On Friday, 13 Oct 06 08:34:06 -0500, "Sugapablo"
<ru...@REMOVEsugapablo.com> wrote:

I suspect that this is because the people are moving from the rust
belt to the sun belt.

--
Wherever I go it will be well with me, for it was well with me here, not
on account of the place, but of my judgments which I shall carry away

"There are no absolute certainties in this universe. A man must try to
whip order into a yelping pack of probabilities, and uniform success is
impossible." -- Jack Vance

"Civilization is the interval between Ice Ages." -- Will Durant.

"Progress is the increasing control of the environment by life.
--Will Durant

Joseph R. Darancette
dar...@NOSPAMverizon.net

p62c61

Oct 13, 2006, 11:49:57 AM10/13/06

Are freaking kidding? The guy posts a link to the state of Ohio
website and the actual document and you dispute him by responding with
links to some crack-pot blog with claims and a photocopy that could
have come from anywhere ... that's just pathetic.

I was going to finish with a classic usenetism and ask how stupid do
you think we are, but I have to keep reminding myself that these are
Democrats and stupid is precisely the constituency they're going after.

Vandar

Oct 13, 2006, 1:14:10 PM10/13/06
Joe S. wrote:

Like anyone cares what political blog says on the matter.
The fact is that the applications are NOT for 2004, as undisputably
proven by the actual application itself.

> And -- did you get one of these ballots?

I don't live in Ohio, which irrelevant.
You claimed the applications for absentee ballots are for 2004. The
application proves that claim wrong, regardless of what some blog tells
you to believe.

> More than 1,500 absentee ballots
> sent to voters in several Cuyahoga County communities listed the wrong party
> affiliations for two candidates in the race for Ohio House District 7.
> Democratic incumbent Kenny Yuko was incorrectly listed as a Republican,
> while challenger Beverly Valencic was mislabeled as a Democrat.

Does that mean voters might vote for the wrong candidate? Are Ohioans
that retarded?

Joe S.

Oct 13, 2006, 4:08:30 PM10/13/06

"Vandar" <vand...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

Are you stupid or do you just not pay attention??

The absentee application posted on the blog is clearly dated for the 2004
election.

The State of Ohio issued new absentee applications and has declared that old
applications will not be accepted -- but -- they did not put the new
applications out at all locations.

As for reversing the party affiliation -- this is the way Blackwell works --
don't steal an election with one huge action, instead, use a lot of small
actions -- a few people will use the wrong absentee application, a few will
vote for the Democrat/Republican thinking they are voting for the
Republican/Democrat, remove a few polling places here and a few there making
it difficult for people to vote and a few will give up -- and it all adds
up.

DDB

Oct 13, 2006, 4:41:22 PM10/13/06

"Joe S." <an...@mous.net> wrote in message

You're not really that stupid are you Joe? You provide a Blogger site
instead of the actual state site and then spout crap because the blogger had
the wrong photo copy. Are we having a Dan Rather moment or what?

DDB

Oct 13, 2006, 4:42:46 PM10/13/06

"Joe S." <no...@anon.net> wrote in message

What a moron! why don't you point to the official state site?

Vandar

Oct 13, 2006, 8:04:38 PM10/13/06
Joe S. wrote:

So? You don't even know if it's a legitimate application. I provided you
a link to the actual application on the state of Ohio's website and you
ask if I'm stupid?

> The State of Ohio issued new absentee applications and has declared that old
> applications will not be accepted -- but -- they did not put the new
> applications out at all locations.

And then you follow up with even more unsubstantiated claims?

> As for reversing the party affiliation -- this is the way Blackwell works --
> don't steal an election with one huge action, instead, use a lot of small
> actions -- a few people will use the wrong absentee application, a few will
> vote for the Democrat/Republican thinking they are voting for the
> Republican/Democrat, remove a few polling places here and a few there making
> it difficult for people to vote and a few will give up -- and it all adds
> up.

It all adds up, but not to what you think it does.

Joe S.

Oct 13, 2006, 8:25:37 PM10/13/06

"DDB" <IHat...@Fakecomcast.net> wrote in message

Because the official state site is controlled by Ken Blackwell -- who stole
the 2004 election and who is prepared to steal this one.

Duuhhhhhh.

p62c61

Oct 14, 2006, 11:02:22 AM10/14/06

Joe S. wrote:

> Are you stupid or do you just not pay attention??

No he's not, but you clearly are either a pathological liar or a shill
for the Democrat Party.

You continue to make claims for which is no proof what so ever and
expect people to believe them.

> The absentee application posted on the blog is clearly dated for the 2004
> election.

SO WHAT? I'm sure lots of the forms are still around from 2004 as it
isn't likely they were all used and there are probably boxes of them
sitting around in county election offices, libraries, post offices and
other places where they were distributed all over Ohio. Now that I
think of it I may have similar form for Pennsylvania from 1998 in a
file folder in my home office that I requested but didn't end up using.

If I take it out and scan it and post it to a blog with a bunch of
unsubstantiated claims it doesn't make any of it true.

You have nothing but copy of an old form, some ridiculous charges that
don't hold up to scrutiny and group of people in Ohio making the
charges with a documented history of making false claims about the
responsibility for and actions of the local Democrat voting
apparatuses.

You got nothing.

DDB

Oct 16, 2006, 7:26:59 PM10/16/06

"Joe S." <an...@mous.net> wrote in message
Ok if you use some bullshit Bloggers site to get your information then you
can't bitch when uyou get screwed up. By the way don't forget to vote on
December 15th! LOL