Is President Bush becoming mentally unstable? (seriously)

Sugapablo

Feb 12, 2003, 9:35:15 AM2/12/03
I don't intend this post to be a flame of the President. This is not a
Dem vs. Repub argument, but a serious question as to the Presidents
mental well being and the constitutions remedy for such occurances.

It seems that our President, Mr. George W. Bush, is showing signs of
mental instability. And while I'm not a psychologist who could
articulate the situation better than myself, there is no doubt in my
mind that this situation raises concerns for the general public.

Before we get into the question of whether or not Mr. Bush is becoming
unstable, I'd like to discuss the consitutional process of such an
occurance. What does happen in our political process if an elected
official begins to show signs of instability? Is an impeachment process
the only legal course of action?

The impeachment process is slow. What if there was an acute
psychological breakdown? What if this breakdown cause a situation where
time was of the essence to remove the official immediately or suffer
terrible casualties? Could the VP remove the President from office in
such a situation if he felt lives were on the line? What would the
process be?

That being said, I do not believe Mr. Bush has suffered an acute
breakdown, or that he has become insane, but I believe he is on his way
to becoming unstable.

Since 9/11, the President's rhetoric has become indicitive of someone
who's religious beliefs are causing delusions of grandeur. It's similar
to the "Jerusalem Syndrome" where vistors to the holy city believe they
have been "chosen" to fulfill some edict of their deity, namely God.

Even religious leaders from around the country, once Bush's chief
champions, are beginning to become uneasy about the tone of the
President's recent remarks (see
http://www.post-gazette.com/nation/20030212bushreligious0212p6.asp ).

President Bush's recent statements and actions are quite indicitive of
someone who believes they are on a "mission from God" and "the world be
damned" if they disagree. From his own words, it's becoming more and
more difficult to see someone who is rational, logical, and conscious of
future consequenced of his actions.

While one would be hard pressed not to see leaders like Saddam Hussein
and Kim Jong Il as threats to world peace and stability, it is also
quite evident that President George W. Bush represents one of THE most
distabilizing and threatening leaders of the world today in terms of
world peace, security, and longevity.

This I say with complete sincerity and humility. I hope those who have
supported Mr. Bush in the past can at least consider what I have said
here. Don't just dismiss this becuase you're a Bush supporter or a
Republican. Really think about it. And ask yourself the key question
to ask about any leader: How does your life compare to the day before
Bush took office? Are you doing better? Worse? The same?

--
Sugapablo - rus...@remove.stargate.net
http://www.sugapablo.com | ICQ: 902845

Lug

Feb 12, 2003, 9:42:36 AM2/12/03
You're joking....right? Jesus Christ! This is an unbelievable fucking post!

"Sugapablo" <rus...@remove.stargate.net> wrote in message

Sugapablo

Feb 12, 2003, 9:40:45 AM2/12/03
Lug wrote:
> You're joking....right? Jesus Christ! This is an unbelievable fucking post!

You posted your reply 7 minutes after this was posted to the usenet.
You're telling me you were able to read this entire post and truly
consider all of the ramifications of it before making up your mind?

That is what I call unbelievable!

Roger R.

Feb 12, 2003, 10:45:21 AM2/12/03
Assuming that you mean your post seriously and not just as political
polemic, it calls for two different responses, one on procedure and another
on substance. First, procedure:

XXV Amendment to the Constitution. Paragraph 4.
"Whenever the Vice President and the majority of either the principle
officers of the executive departments or of such other body as Congress may
by law provide, transmit to the President Pro Tempore of the Senate and the
Speaker of the House of Representative their declaration that the President
is unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office, the Vice
President shall immediately assume the powers and duties of the office as
the Acting President."

That said, can you imagine Dick Cheney agreeing to such a declaration?
Remember, Bush's first priority for appointment as Vice President was
loyalty, not competence, and the Vice President is key using either of the
two possible procedures.

Second, substance:

Strict adherence to conservative positions, incompetence, simple stupidity,
and reactions to stress do not themselves amount to mental instability. It
is more likely that Bush is surrounded entirely by like-thinking individuals
who do not listen to any opposition. The result would be "group-think"
rather than mental instability on the part of the President. I think that it
is unlikely that you could demonstrate any evidence of actual mental
instability because, first, there probably is no such evidence, and second,
even if there were, the individuals surrounding the President would be
extremely unlikely to let such evidence go public.

If you think that a President can easily carry out decisions that his
subordinates don't think are correct, then you should read what happened to
Jimmy Carters' firm plan to pull the US troops out of Korea in the book "The
Two Koreas" by Don Oberdorfer. After four years in office with a firm
intention to pull the 37,000 US troops out of South Korea, Carter was able
to say he removed about 700 men.

Carlos Romero

Feb 12, 2003, 11:10:30 AM2/12/03
You are right your *not* a psychologist.

Carlos R.

Superdude

Feb 12, 2003, 11:31:43 AM2/12/03
He read the first two sentences and made judgement. I think one of the
constitutional amendments states the what if case.

Superdude

Feb 12, 2003, 11:32:32 AM2/12/03
Are you a psychologist?

Tonite2300

Feb 12, 2003, 1:19:58 PM2/12/03
Bush believes he is the new messiash

SnowInSaskatoon

Feb 12, 2003, 6:29:15 PM2/12/03
Sugapablo <rus...@remove.stargate.net> wrote in

> That being said, I do not believe Mr. Bush has suffered an acute
> breakdown, or that he has become insane, but I believe he is on his way
> to becoming unstable.

I think most people would become unstable if thrown into the
mess he was thrown into. If he doesn't have a personal therapist,
he should, no offense. My impression is that he's a decent man
who has to do what he's 'advised' to do by his learned staff, no matter
how immoral it may seem to him. Perhaps the only way one can do
that without going crazy is to get a messiah complex. What the
hell, we Americans seem to be buying it.

Snakehawk

Feb 12, 2003, 11:01:48 PM2/12/03
SnowInSaskatoon <pw...@dcnet.net> wrote in message news:<Xns9320A2E6FA4...@64.154.60.178>...

Bush may appear to be insane to many Americans, but that's only
because they don't recognize that Bush is not the one making the
policy in Washington. Bush's actions only appear erratic because they
don't seem to be aimed at benefiting the United States. On the other
hand, his actions make perfect sense if you assume they are intended
to benefit Israel.

Bush is not insane. He's just easily manipulated. He is simply
reciting speeches written for him by his Israel-supporting Jewish
handlers. The plan for a US attack on Iraq was formulated years ago
by Perle, Wolfowitz, and Feith when they were working for Ariel
Sharon. Back then, they wrote a policy paper for the Israeli
government and advised Sharon that Saddam had to be taken down .

Since Israel didn't have the means, they recommended the Israelis
should try to get the United States to do it. They all agreed, and
amazingly, these Israeli agents are now working in the Whitehouse and
the Pentagon. Sure enough, the US is preparing for war against the
nonthreatening Iraq even though most of the world is against it. Only
Israel can benefit from Bush's war with Iraq. Bush's antics make
perfect sense when viewed in that light.

Captain Compassion

Feb 13, 2003, 12:23:23 AM2/13/03
On 12 Feb 2003 20:01:48 -0800, snak...@MailAndNews.com (Snakehawk)
wrote:

Blame it all on ZOG.

"After an hour of paceing the Doctor says 'Emo your Grandmother is on
an artifical life support system but although her brain is dead her
heart is still beating'. I said Oh my God, we never had a Democrat in
our family before." -- Emo Phillips.

"There are two sides to every issue: one side is right and the other
is wrong, but the middle is always evil." -- Ayn Rand

"...observe that in all the propaganda of the ecologists amidst all
their appeals to nature and pleas for 'harmony with nature' there is
no discussion of man's needs and the requirements of his survival.
Man is treated as if he were an unnatural phenomenon. Man cannot
survive in the kind of state of nature that the ecologists envision
i.e., on the level of sea urchins or polar bears..." - AYN RAND
"The Anti-Industrial Revolution," The New Left, 136.
"In the end they will lay their freedom at our feet and say to us,
'Make us your slaves, but feed us.'" -- Dosteovsky

Joseph R. Darancette
res0...@NOSPAMverizon.net

Anon233575757

Feb 13, 2003, 2:58:20 AM2/13/03
CC wrote:

>Blame it all on ZOG.

Until maybe a month ago, the extraordinary influence wielded by the American
Jewish community over US foreign policy was a subject that was absolutely
without exception never mentioned in the mainstream US media. But, with the
extensive written paper trail that the Zionist Jews in the US government have
left detailing their plans for Iraq, that is changing fast. People are now
naming ZOG, the names are Wolfowitz, Libby, Perle, Abrams, et. al., and their
influence is becoming known to every American. Now, on NPR, there are daily
references to a 'small clique of ideologs' that are determining US policy. The
veil is fallling. The absurdity of the US, the most powerful nation the world
has seen, cowering before the supposed might of a third world dictator who
travels in disguise, and never sleeps two nights in the same bed, for fear of
being bombed by our planes, is apparent to everyone. Lies as immense as the
ones being used to justify this war must yield. They have created a division
between the US populace and the US government the likes of which has never been
seen. Over seventy US cities have taken the unprecedented step of passing
resolutions opposing their own governments foreign policy. ZOG has been
exposed, and it is on its way to getting the attention that it deserves.