Sarah Palin wins: Death Panels removed from Obamacare

1 view

f. barnes

Aug 13, 2009, 8:34:50 PM8/13/09
http://www.usnews.com/blogs/peter-roff/2009/08/13/score-one-for-sarah-palin-on-the-healthcare-reform-death-panels.html

August 13, 2009 04:22 PM ET | Peter Roff | Permanent Link | Print
By Peter Roff, Thomas Jefferson Street blog

In what can fairly be described as an admission that former Alaska
Gov. Sarah Palin knew what she was talking about, the Senate Finance
Committee Thursday dropped language from its bipartisan healthcare
reform package that Palin and others had suggested would eventually
lead to mandated end-of-life counseling sessions for seniors.

Supporters of Obamacare, including President Barack Obama, had accused
Palin and others of being dishonest in suggesting the counseling
sessions would somehow lead to the government encouraging euthanasia
as a cost-cutting measure as part of rationed care.

"The rumor that's been circulating a lot lately is this idea that
somehow the House of Representatives voted for death panels that will
basically pull the plug on grandma because we've decided that we
don't, it's too expensive to let her live anymore," Obama said
recently.

"It turns out that I guess this arose out of a provision in one of the
House bills that allowed Medicare to reimburse people for
consultations about end-of-life care, setting up living wills, the
availability of hospice, etc.," he said, adding, "The intention of the
members of Congress was to give people more information so that they
could handle issues of end-of-life care when they're ready on their
own terms. It wasn't forcing anybody to do anything."

The move to drop the end-of-life counseling provisions, as reported by
The Hill, suggests otherwise.

"We are working very hard to avoid unintended consequences by
methodically working through the complexities of all of these issues
and policy options," Iowa Sen. Chuck Grassley, the ranking Republican
on the Senate Finance Committee, said in a statement. "We dropped end-
of-life provisions from consideration entirely because of the way they
could be misinterpreted and implemented incorrectly."

Grassley said the end-of-life provision in the versions of the
healthcare reform bill under consideration in the House would pay
physicians to "advise patients about end-of-life care and rate
physician quality of care based on the creation of and adherence to
orders for end-of-life care."

"Maybe others can defend a bill like the Pelosi bill that leaves major
issues open to interpretation, but I can't," Grassley added.

Score one for Sarah Palin.

[What about it you liberals, did she know what she was doing when she
resigned or not? What she is doing is running for president, but in
an un-orthodox Sarah Palin way.]

Message has been deleted

f.barnes

Aug 14, 2009, 11:21:33 AM8/14/09
On Aug 13, 8:19 pm, denni...@dennism3.invalid (Dennis M) wrote:
> In article
> <7c604467-64eb-4b85-93c8-66cfced8c...@z31g2000yqd.googlegroups.com>, "f.
>
> barnes" <fre...@centurytel.net> wrote:
> >http://www.usnews.com/blogs/peter-roff/2009/08/13/score-one-for-sarah...

> on-the-healthcare-reform-death-panels.html
>

> >August 13, 2009 04:22 PM ET | Peter Roff | Permanent Link | Print
> >By Peter Roff, Thomas Jefferson Street blog
>
> >In what can fairly be described as an admission that former Alaska
> >Gov. Sarah Palin knew what she was talking about,
>
> <Laugh> Sounds like more of an acknowledgement that the rightwing can take
> the most harmless aspects of a piece of legislation, twist it into
> something nefarious, and all their dumbass followers will blindly believe
> them (BTW even Crazy Aunt Sarah backed off her "death panel" horseshit).

> >the Senate Finance
> >Committee Thursday dropped language from its bipartisan healthcare
> >reform package that Palin and others had suggested would eventually
> >lead to mandated end-of-life counseling sessions for seniors.- Hide quoted text -

When did she back off?

Ramon F Herrera

Aug 14, 2009, 11:24:06 AM8/14/09

Sarah indeed has a death panel.

Advisor: "Ms. Palin, you know by now that there is no much difference
between politics and war. Don't you fear you will be hit by live ammo
out there?"

Sarah: "Thanks for the advice, but not to worry. I have a panel here
that will protect me, a sort of shell which will stop the bullets
directed to me. It is a very effective panel, I think".

Advisor: "Oh? - Hmm, what sort of panel is that?"

Sarah: "It is called Trig. If it fails I can always add <the knocked
up girl> as an extra layer".

Sarah: "Oh, I will also wink a lot - it has never failed me".

Some Death Panel...

-Ramon