Update on "No More Anchor Babies" legislation in Congress

Steve from Colorado

Jan 5, 2011, 5:55:32 PM1/5/11

----- Original Message -----
From: Jeff Schwilk
To: Undisclosed-Recipient:;
Sent: 1/4/2011 8:16:09 PM
Subject: ALERT! Press Conference in DC, Wed, 9:30 am ET, 14 States
to end Anchor Baby Citizenship!

Hopefully this will be televised on C-Span or Fox News. These
laws stopping birthright citizenship are long overdue. We must stop
giving illegal alien babies free U.S. Citizenship. Its
unconstitutional and its wrong. Tomorrow that effort begins thanks to
some great state legislators who are taking strong action to protect
the citizens of their states.

The press conference will be led by Pennsylvania State
Representative Daryl Metcalfe. Metcalfe will be on Fox & Friends at
6:15 am ET tomorrow.

http://www.repmetcalfe.com/NewsItem.aspx?NewsID=10146

40 States working together to stop illegal immigration
http://www.statelegislatorsforlegalimmigration.com/

TOP 5 REASONS THE U.S. MUST END BIRTHRIGHT CITIZENSHIP IN 2011

1. The 14th Amendment to the U.S. Constitution was never meant to
bestow automatic U.S. citizenship upon the children of illegal aliens
and citizens of foreign countries. The current practice of giving
U.S. citizenship to illegal alien babies is unconstitutional and
illegal and must be stopped by Congress and/or the states.

2. The United States is the last remaining developed nation in
the world (along with Canada) that still gives citizenship to babies
born of Illegal Aliens and foreign citizens. All other first-world
countries have stopped this ridiculous practice for obvious reasons.

3. Anchor Babies are really welfare babies, allowing illegal
alien parents to apply for and receive welfare, healthcare, and other
U.S. social benefits which can amount to thousands of dollars in
"free" money each month for the alien parents, paid for by U.S.
taxpayers and costing us many billions of dollars per year.

4. Mexico, China, and other countries are abusing the anchor baby
loophole by encouraging their female citizens to give birth in the
U.S. Birth Tourism has become a billion dollar industry due to our
lax laws. Over half a million anchor babies are born in the U.S. each
year. This practice must stop immediately. These babies are citizens
of the country of their parents, period.

5. Mexico grants automatic Mexican citizenship to all babies born
in the U.S. and anywhere outside Mexico. These babies already have
citizenship, Mexican citizenship, and should not be given free U.S.
citizenship. The U.S. Government has created millions of new dual
citizens who have strong loyalties to Mexico, most of whom will grow
up Mexican even though they live in the U.S. This violates the letter
and the spirit of U.S. Citizenship laws and oaths, which require
loyalty only to the U.S. as a condition of acquiring and maintaining
U.S. Citizenship.

More arguments for stopping birthright citizenship by Numbers USA:
http://www.numbersusa.com/content/learn/issues/birthright-citizenship/eliminating-birthright-citizenship-can-be-done.html

Also, HR 1868 in the House needs to be voted on ASAP. It should
pass overwhelmingly now. Its a no-brainer. There are absolutely no
good reasons to keep giving anchor baby citizenship to millions of
illegal aliens.
http://bilbray.house.gov/2010/04/fox-news-bilbray-details-birthright-citizenship-issue.shtml

Jeff Schwilk
www.SoCalPatriots.com
www.SanDiegoMinutemen.com
"A Nation of Sheep breeds a Government of Wolves".

George Plimpton

Jan 5, 2011, 6:25:30 PM1/5/11
On 1/5/2011 2:55 PM, Steve from Colorado wrote:

> [...]

> TOP 5 REASONS THE U.S. MUST END BIRTHRIGHT CITIZENSHIP IN 2011
>
> 1. The 14th Amendment to the U.S. Constitution was never meant to
> bestow automatic U.S. citizenship upon the children of illegal aliens
> and citizens of foreign countries.

That is correct. Without specific reference to illegal aliens, we have
contemporary statements from those who wrote and debated the citizenship
clause of the 14th Amendment that it was intended to *exclude* the
US-born children of *any* aliens, whether legally or illegally present
in the country. The history of the amendment, going back to the Civil
Rights Act of 1866, makes this clear.

> The current practice of giving
> U.S. citizenship to illegal alien babies is unconstitutional and
> illegal and must be stopped by Congress and/or the states.

I believe the interpretation of the citizenship clause of the 14th
Amendment to confer automatic citizenship on *anyone* born in the
country to be an egregiously and willfully wrong interpretation.
Removing the misinterpretation would in no way impair any other part of
the amendment.

> 2. The United States is the last remaining developed nation in
> the world (along with Canada) that still gives citizenship to babies
> born of Illegal Aliens and foreign citizens. All other first-world
> countries have stopped this ridiculous practice for obvious reasons.

That is correct. Most other countries that have automatic birthright,
or _jus soli_, citizenship are in Latin America, and have political and
cultural traditions completely alien to ours. Additionally, Canada's
adoption of birthright citizenship at least was enacted democratically,
not handed to them by an egregiously wrong court interpretation that
ignored both the clearly stated intent of Congress, and the court's own
precedents.

> 3. Anchor Babies are really welfare babies, allowing illegal
> alien parents to apply for and receive welfare, healthcare, and other
> U.S. social benefits which can amount to thousands of dollars in
> "free" money each month for the alien parents, paid for by U.S.
> taxpayers and costing us many billions of dollars per year.
>
> 4. Mexico, China, and other countries are abusing the anchor baby
> loophole by encouraging their female citizens to give birth in the
> U.S. Birth Tourism has become a billion dollar industry due to our
> lax laws. Over half a million anchor babies are born in the U.S. each
> year. This practice must stop immediately. These babies are citizens
> of the country of their parents, period.
>
> 5. Mexico grants automatic Mexican citizenship to all babies born
> in the U.S. and anywhere outside Mexico. These babies already have
> citizenship, Mexican citizenship, and should not be given free U.S.
> citizenship. The U.S. Government has created millions of new dual
> citizens who have strong loyalties to Mexico, most of whom will grow
> up Mexican even though they live in the U.S. This violates the letter
> and the spirit of U.S. Citizenship laws and oaths, which require
> loyalty only to the U.S. as a condition of acquiring and maintaining
> U.S. Citizenship.

The argument that US-born children of aliens would be "stateless" if
birthright citizenship were revoked is too absurd to be taken seriously.
They most certainly would *not* be stateless - they would be citizens
or nationals of whatever countries their parents are citizens.

Hisler

Jan 5, 2011, 7:33:20 PM1/5/11

It's good to see you posting in alt.politics.immigration and other
usenet groups. You bring sophisticated and pertinent ideas to the
conversation. Thanks for posting and taking part in the dialogue.

Hisler

Car Crashes Mean Car Sales - GM loves highway criminals

Jan 5, 2011, 10:30:41 PM1/5/11
On Jan 5, 3:55 pm, Steve from Colorado <gass...@hushmail.com> wrote

>     Also, HR 1868 in the House needs to be voted on ASAP.  It should
> pass overwhelmingly now.  Its a no-brainer.  There are absolutely no
> good reasons to keep giving anchor baby citizenship to millions of
> illegal aliens.

But it probably won't pass because all the congressmen are taking
corporate bribes to support illegals.

Kickin' Ass and Takin' Names

Jan 5, 2011, 10:39:20 PM1/5/11
On Wed, 05 Jan 2011 15:25:30 -0800, George Plimpton <geo...@si.not>
wrote:

>On 1/5/2011 2:55 PM, Steve from Colorado wrote:
>>
>> [...]
>>

>> TOP 5 REASONS THE U.S. MUST END BIRTHRIGHT CITIZENSHIP IN 2011
>>
>> 1. The 14th Amendment to the U.S. Constitution was never meant to
>> bestow automatic U.S. citizenship upon the children of illegal aliens
>> and citizens of foreign countries.

Says who?

Oh, you.

Well, piss on that.

>That is correct. Without specific reference to illegal aliens, we have
>contemporary statements from those who wrote and debated the citizenship
>clause of the 14th Amendment that it was intended to *exclude* the
>US-born children of *any* aliens, whether legally or illegally present
>in the country. The history of the amendment, going back to the Civil
>Rights Act of 1866, makes this clear.
>

>> The current practice of giving
>> U.S. citizenship to illegal alien babies is unconstitutional and
>> illegal and must be stopped by Congress and/or the states.
>
>I believe

[ Nothing of any value snipped. ]

You "believe." Unless you are a SCOTUS justice, no one really gives a
rat's ass what you believe.

Meanwhile, I believe I'll pour another two fingers of single malt.