Bush's reaction to the shoe-bomber: On vacation, held a fund-raiser, treated it as a law-enforcement matter, met with Fed chairman !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And the shoe-bomber, a terrorist, is in federal prison in Colorado !!!!

1 view

Kickin' Ass and Takin' Names

Dec 29, 2009, 7:48:55 AM12/29/09
When Richard Reid attempted to bring down American Airlines Flight 63
on December 22, 2001, Bush was on Christmas holiday.

KELLY WALLACE, CNN WHITE HOUSE CORRESPONDENT:
Some additional information to bring to you at this time. We do know
that President Bush was notified about this situation earlier today
and that he has already had a briefing on the situation. The
president, as we have noted, is spending the holiday weekend at the
presidential retreat at Camp David.

CNN 12/22/2001

... and the terrorist attack was handled as a law enforcement matter.

The word from the White House, Catherine, is that the administration
has been monitoring the situation since it became aware of it late
morning according to one administration official. We also know the
FBI, (is) the lead investigative agency, at this time.

On December 23, Bush remained on vacation and silent...

White House spokesman Scott Stanzel said that President Bush continued
to monitor the situation and receive updates at Camp David. Bush has
not issued any statements about the incident.

Boston Globe 12/24/2001

...and Senator Joe Biden, Democratic chair of the Foreign Relations
Committee, appeared on Face the Nation with the opportunity to score
cheap political points against an administration caught off guard by a
terror attack for the third time in the space of 4 months. He made
these comments:

"The ability for al Qaeda to coordinate and plan and focus on and
carry out long-term devastating attacks in the United States has been
badly crippled -- not ended, but badly crippled. So we're a lot better
off than we were four months ago, although we're still going to have
this possibility."

On December 24 and 25, the Bush family continued with their Christmas
celebrations as planned.

Hardly a creature was stirring at the White House yesterday as
President Bush celebrated the Christmas holiday with tamales and
family at Camp David.
Preparing for the big meal, the president hit the gym earlier in the
day, where he worked out with family members.
Spokesman Scott Stanzel said he also received his daily intelligence
briefings and called nine men and women in the military stationed
overseas.

Houston Chronicle, 12/25/2001

Bush's Christmas radio address, which spoke directly to the pain and
losses suffered in the 9/11 attacks, made no mention of the shoe
bomber incident of just 3 days prior. But that would have been
impossible since the address had been pre-recorded the week before
while Bush was still in Washington.

After Christmas it was on to Crawford Texas for another week of
vacation.

For just the second time since the Sept. 11 attacks, President Bush
savored the wide open spaces of his beloved Texas ranch on Wednesday,
recharging his batteries for "a war year" in 2002.
After a bucolic Christmas at Camp David with extended family, Bush and
his wife, Laura, will see in the new year with friends at the secluded
1,600-acre spread they have named "Prairie Chapel."
Laura Bush said last week she and her husband also were looking
forward to vacation. "That'll be a great rest for us. A lot of friends
will come from the Austin and the Dallas area. A lot of our friends
will come spend New Year's with us."

Reuters, 12/28/2001

Upon returning to Washington January 7, President Bush hit the ground
running. In just his first couple of days back he taped a meeting with
the Fed chairman discussing economic policy:

"We're making good progress on winning the war in Afghanistan, and
we've got to make good progress about helping people find work."

...gave a speech at the University of New Hampshire:

" We have an important mission overseas, and we've got an important
mission at home. That's to make sure every single child -- every child
-- receives a first-class education. "

...sat at a school desk in Ohio to sign his cornerstone education
bill, "No Child Left Behind":

" Bush pledged to win a war against illiteracy as well as the war in
Afghanistan. "

...and held a private political fundraiser:

His political team is readying him for a re-election bid.

If anyone is able to locate any news articles about Bush actively
responding to the 2001 shoe bomber plot, in its immediate aftermath or
any time thereafter, please post a link. This would also be a good
place to post references to Republican politicians at that time
roundly criticizing Bush for his lack of foresight, misplaced
priorities, and weak leadership.

Oh, and another thing: Also, Richard Reid is currently serving his
federal prison sentence in Colorado.

COLORADO, FOR GOD'S SAKE???? A TERRORIST IN A PRISON ON THE SOIL OF
THE USofA!!!!! Certainly George Bush didn't put him there.

Heh, heh.

BoreRocky the Squirrel

Dec 29, 2009, 8:07:23 AM12/29/09
we voted the bum out. Obie will be next if he keeps acting like GWB.

Scotius

Dec 29, 2009, 12:38:36 PM12/29/09
On Tue, 29 Dec 2009 07:48:55 -0500, Kickin' Ass and Takin' Names
<PopUl...@hotmail.com> wrote:

>When Richard Reid attempted to bring down American Airlines Flight 63
>on December 22, 2001, Bush was on Christmas holiday.

So? It's December 2009, not December 22nd 2001.

Patriot Games

Dec 29, 2009, 12:45:50 PM12/29/09
<PopUl...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>When Richard Reid attempted to bring down American Airlines Flight 63
>on December 22, 2001, Bush was on Christmas holiday.

No cites....

As a Proven LIAR anything you FAIL TO CITE is assumed to be a LIE.

Patriot Games

Dec 29, 2009, 12:47:05 PM12/29/09
On Tue, 29 Dec 2009 08:07:23 -0500, BoreRocky the Squirrel
<inac...@invalid.invalid> wrote:
>we voted the bum out.

You voted Bush out?

When?

Kickin' Ass and Takin' Names

Dec 29, 2009, 1:10:44 PM12/29/09

As a proven piece of shit, anything that you challenge will be rammed
up your ass.

OPEN WIDE, I AM NOW DEFECATING AND URINATING DOWN YOUR THROAT.

AND I AM WEARING MY NRA PATRON MEMBER LAPEL PIN WHILE DOING SO!!!!!

When Richard Reid attempted to bring down American Airlines Flight 63
on December 22, 2001, Bush was on Christmas holiday.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2001_shoe_bomb_plot

KELLY WALLACE, CNN WHITE HOUSE CORRESPONDENT:

http://edition.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0112/22/bn.07.html

Some additional information to bring to you at this time. We do know
that President Bush was notified about this situation earlier today
and that he has already had a briefing on the situation. The
president, as we have noted, is spending the holiday weekend at the
presidential retreat at Camp David.

The word from the White House, Catherine, is that the administration

has been monitoring the situation since it became aware of it late
morning according to one administration official. We also know the
FBI, (is) the lead investigative agency, at this time.

. . .

On December 23, Bush remained on vacation and silent...

http://news.google.com/newspapers?id=5kASAAAAIBAJ&sjid=fvIDAAAAIBAJ&dq=shoe%20camp-david&pg=4488%2C2113537

http://news.google.com/newspapers?id=lCQxAAAAIBAJ&sjid=MnADAAAAIBAJ&dq=bush%20camp-david&pg=4226%2C2298848

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/886240/

http://edition.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0201/07/bn.02.html

http://www.boston.com/news/daily/08/bush_nh.htm

http://www.boston.com/news/daily/08/bush_bill.htm

" Bush pledged to win a war against illiteracy as well as the war in
Afghanistan. "

...and held a private political fundraiser:

http://www.boston.com/news/daily/08/bush_bill.htm

" His political team is readying him for a re-election bid. "

If anyone is able to locate any news articles about Bush actively
responding to the 2001 shoe bomber plot, in its immediate aftermath or
any time thereafter, please post a link. This would also be a good
place to post references to Republican politicians at that time
roundly criticizing Bush for his lack of foresight, misplaced
priorities, and weak leadership.

Oh, and another thing: Also, Richard Reid is currently serving his
federal prison sentence in Colorado.

On 16 January 2002, Reid was indicted on terrorism charges by a
CIVILIAN federal grand jury.
http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2002/01/16/shoe-bomber-charges.htm

John Ashcroft briefed the nation and the press:
http://edition.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0201/16/se.07.html

Reid is currently serving his federal prison sentence in COLORADO
(along with several others convicted of terrorist-related crimes).
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ADX_Florence

COLORADO, FOR GOD'S SAKE???? A TERRORIST IN A PRISON ON THE SOIL OF
THE USofA!!!!! Certainly George Bush didn't put him there.

Heh, heh.

Meanwhile, let the record show that on 29 December 2009 at approx 1310
hrs EST, the gay washed-up U of F football player was shown, again, to
be a complete fool.

Patriot Games

Dec 29, 2009, 5:48:56 PM12/29/09
On Tue, 29 Dec 2009 13:10:44 -0500, Kickin' Ass and Takin' Names

<PopUl...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>On Tue, 29 Dec 2009 12:45:50 -0500, Patriot Games
><Pat...@America.Com> wrote:
>>On Tue, 29 Dec 2009 07:48:55 -0500, Kickin' Ass and Takin' Names
>><PopUl...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>>>When Richard Reid attempted to bring down American Airlines Flight 63
>>>on December 22, 2001, Bush was on Christmas holiday.
>>No cites....
>>As a Proven LIAR anything you FAIL TO CITE is assumed to be a LIE.
>As a...

Pity... You try SO HARD to be like ME, yet you FAIL every time...

>When Richard Reid attempted to bring down American Airlines Flight 63
>on December 22, 2001, Bush was on Christmas holiday.
>http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2001_shoe_bomb_plot

Very good, Old Hag.

Now make sure you keep citing EVERYTHING, as INSTRUCTED.