'Stars' and Cindy Sheehan engage in rolling hunger strike

SyVyN11

Jul 4, 2006, 2:10:36 PM7/4/06
ROLLING? WTF? Way to take one for the team!
US stars align in anti-Iraq war hunger strike

by Stephen Collinson
Mon Jul 3, 6:34 PM ET

Star Hollywood actor-activists including Sean Penn and Susan Sarandon and
anti-war campaigners led by bereaved mother Cindy Sheehan plan to launch a
hunger strike, demanding the immediate return of US troops from Iraq.

As Americans get set to fire up barbeques in patriotic celebration of US
Independence Day on July 4, anti-war protestors planned to savour a last
meal outside the White House, before embarking on a 'Troops Home Fast' at
midnight.

"We've marched, held vigils, lobbied Congress, camped out at Bush's ranch,
we've even gone to jail, now it's time to do more," said Sheehan, who
emerged as an anti-war icon after losing her 24-year-old son Casey in Iraq.

The hunger strike was the latest bid by the US anti-war movement to grab
hold of American public opinion, after numerous marches, vigils and
political campaigns.

Despite polls which show the Iraq war is unpopular and many Americans are
skeptical of President George W. Bush's wartime leadership, peace protests
have not hit the opinion-swaying critical mass seen during Vietnam War.

"We have been continually sheltered from the actual cost of war from the
beginning," said Meredith Dearborn, of human rights group Global Exchange,
explaining how anti-Iraq war protests have stuttered.

While 2,526 US soldiers have died since the US-led invasion of Iraq in 2003,
according to an AFP tally based on Pentagon figures, the impact of the
deaths has rarely dominated headlines.

While it is not unusual to see an Iraq-war veteran or amputee in an airport
for instance, or newspaper features on horrific injuries inflicted by
roadside bombs in Iraq, the United States hardly feels like a nation at war.

Some protestors and experts in public opinion put that down to the absence
of the Vietnam War style conscription draft, which means only professional
soldiers or reservists can be sent off to war.

"We have done everything we could think of to end this war, we have
protested, held marches, vigils ... lobbied, written letters to Congress,"
said Dearborn.

"Now it is time to bring the pain and suffering of war home. We are putting
our bodies on the line for peace."

Perhaps the only time the anti-Iraq war movement captured lasting coverage
was in August 2005, when Sheehan and supporters pitched camp outside Bush's
Texas ranch, where the president habitually stays in high summer.

Even then, the fiercely partisan debate unleashed may have harmed Sheehan,
who faced fierce fire from conservative groups and radio talk show hosts, as
much as it hurt the Bush administration's image over Iraq.

The hunger strike will see at least four activists, Sheehan, veteran
comedian and peace campaigner Dick Gregory, former army colonel Ann Wright
and environmental campaigner Diane Wilson launch serious, long-term fasts.

"I don't know how long I can fast, but I am making this open-ended," said
Wilson.

Other supporters, including Penn, Sarandon, novelist Alice Walker and actor
Danny Glover will join a 'rolling" fast, a relay in which 2,700 activists
pledge to refuse food for at least 24 hours, and then hand over to a
comrade.

Though the anti-war movement is trying hard to puncture public perceptions,
some experts believe such protests have little impact on how Americans view
foreign wars.

Ohio State University professor John Mueller for example, argued in the
Foreign Affairs journal in December, that only rising US casualties could be
proven to erode public support for a conflict.

Anti-war movements during the Korean and Iraq wars have been comparitively
invisible, but public support had eroded in a similar way to the Vietnam
conflict, in which the peace movement played a dominant role, he wrote.

Recent polls reveal public scepticism over Iraq, and damage to Bush's
personal ratings.

In a poll in Time magazine published Friday, only 33 percent of respondents
approved of Bush's leadership on Iraq while 64 percent said they disapproved
his handling of the campaign.

A Pew Research Center poll released on June 20, found that only 35 percent
of Americans approved of Bush's handling of the Iraqi conflict -- though
that was up five percent from a similar poll in February.

--

"a slap to the face is humilation, a slap to the back of the head is a wake
up call."

"I don't know what a 'hollaback girl' is, all I know is I want her dead.
Brian Grithiff

dontcowerf...@yahoo.com

Jul 4, 2006, 3:08:41 PM7/4/06
Cindy Sheehan is a lying fraud (see the first two URLs below to see
what I mean):

http://www.slate.com/id/2124788/sidebar/2124791/

http://representativepress.blogspot.com/2005/08/cindy-sheehan-mother-of-spc-casey.html

"Hawkish Israeli Lobby Wants War with Iran next!"

http://baltimore.indymedia.org/newswire/display/12448/index.php

Scroll down to the 'Pro-Israel lobby under attack' UPI article at the
following URL:

http://www.warwithoutend.co.uk/zone0/viewtopic.php?t=49800

Fifth Columnist Zionist Jews pushing for US to bomb Iran:

LAST STAND
The military's problem with the President's Iran policy.

http://www.newyorker.com/fact/content/articles/060710fa_fact

Fifth columnist serving Israel first Zionist Jews (like Elliott Abrams)
are pushing for US to bomb Iran for Israel as the above article by
Seymour Hersh conveys (Abrams is shown at the top of
http://www.nowarforisrael.com and via the article linked in the left
margin of the following URL as well):

http://www.nowarforisrael.com/Rachel%20Corrie.htm

http://nomorewarforisrael.blogspot.com

Iran has until July 12 to stop enrichment - more war for Israel coming
soon?

http://www.warwithoutend.co.uk/zone0/viewtopic.php?t=55252

Frank Pittel

Jul 4, 2006, 3:22:21 PM7/4/06
I wish they all would stop eating until the US troops in Iraq come home.
The world would better off without them on it.

In alt.politics.usa.republican SyVyN11 <711rob...@earthlink.net> wrote:
: ROLLING? WTF? Way to take one for the team!

: --

--

-------------------

robw

Jul 4, 2006, 9:14:52 PM7/4/06
No, she's not.
Met her.
Talked to her.

You'll never like her, but she understands what's going on.

<dontcowerf...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

Hylander

Jul 4, 2006, 9:32:39 PM7/4/06

Cindy just had a hotdog and a coke and she's doing just fine. She's
going to be back on the road for the fast here in a few minutes after
she gets dressed in here in the dressing room. Please take note that
this is a "symbolic" fast.*

Disclaimer: all fasts are subject to negotiations, litigations and
withdrawals at anytime without notice. if this were an actual fast you
would have been directed to your local food bank for instructions on
donating the food that you would have eaten. Otherwise, this message is
represented by the political action sponsors of Cindy Sheehan Inc. IOW,
Cindy Sheehan supports this message. This message will self destruct or
be propagated on usenet in 5 seconds. The latter if indeed this is a
test fast and not a real fast.

Harley's Husband

Jul 4, 2006, 10:24:15 PM7/4/06
On the Fourth of July.

Yeeee Haaah!

Alohacyberian

Jul 5, 2006, 2:18:37 AM7/5/06
"SyVyN11" <711rob...@earthlink.net> wrote in message

> ROLLING? WTF? Way to take one for the team!
> US stars align in anti-Iraq war hunger strike
>
> by Stephen Collinson
> Mon Jul 3, 6:34 PM ET
>
> Star Hollywood actor-activists including Sean Penn and Susan Sarandon and
> anti-war campaigners led by bereaved mother Cindy Sheehan plan to launch a
> hunger strike, demanding the immediate return of US troops from Iraq.
>
> The hunger strike will see at least four activists, Sheehan, veteran
> comedian and peace campaigner Dick Gregory, former army colonel Ann Wright
> and environmental campaigner Diane Wilson launch serious, long-term fasts.
>
> Other supporters, including Penn, Sarandon, novelist Alice Walker and
> actor Danny Glover will join a 'rolling" fast, a relay in which 2,700
> activists pledge to refuse food for at least 24 hours, and then hand over
> to a comrade.

Oh wow, what a Herculean effort those elite millionaires have launched to
refuse food for a whole 24 hours! How will they ever be able to accomplish
such a monumental feat without severely endangering their beautiful bodies?
It reminds me of a "hunger strike" that was held in Hollywood in the late
80s where the "hunger strikers" claimed to be on a fast, when
truth-be-known, they weren't eating any solid foods: Slim Fast, smoothies,
beef broth, chicken broth, milk, milk shakes, malts and so-forth were all
right. I think it lasted about 3 days (over a 3 day weekend) and got little
media attention since it was such an obvious sham. The bogus polls cited in
this article may sway assorted political illiterates and sundry lemmings on
the lunatic fringe, but Congress overwhelmingly voted to keep the troops in
Iraq (3 dissented on the first vote a few months ago, 6 on the recent vote)
so members of Congress know perfectly well that those polls are
phony-baloney and are designed to influence public opinion, not report it.
And guess how many of the six dissenters aren't running for re-election.
--
(-:alohacyberian:-) At my website there are 3600 live cameras or
visit NASA, the Vatican, the Smithsonian, the Louvre, CIA, FBI or

Alohacyberian

Jul 5, 2006, 2:18:38 AM7/5/06
"Frank Pittel" <f...@warlock.deepthought.com> wrote in message

>I wish they all would stop eating until the US troops in Iraq come home.
> The world would better off without them on it.

We should be so lucky. KM

Alohacyberian

Jul 5, 2006, 2:18:40 AM7/5/06
"Harley's Husband" <Vi...@blowjob.cum> wrote in message

> On the Fourth of July.

Your wish-fulfillment dreams are noted, but don't hold your breath. KM

Fredric L. Rice

Jul 5, 2006, 1:52:05 PM7/5/06
"Alohacyberian" <alohac...@att.net> wrote:

>Oh wow, what a Herculean effort those elite millionaires have launched to
>refuse food for a whole 24 hours!

And what have you done to stop these Christian terrorists and their
slaughter, rape, and torture of Iraqi children?

Oh right. Nothing. You're in favor of Christianity.

---
Pretending that you don't smell the burning Jews isn't an excuse
for the defense of war crime atrocities against humanity. "I
didn't know" is no longer an excuse in the age of the Internet.

Fredric L. Rice

Jul 5, 2006, 1:52:03 PM7/5/06
Frank Pittel <f...@warlock.deepthought.com> wrote:

>I wish they all would stop eating until the US troops in Iraq come home.
>The world would better off without them on it.

You support and defend mass murdering baby kilers. Why? Just
because they're Christian Americans?

>In alt.politics.usa.republican SyVyN11 <711rob...@earthlink.net> wrote:
>: ROLLING? WTF? Way to take one for the team!

---

Fredric L. Rice

Jul 5, 2006, 6:28:54 PM7/5/06
"Harley's Husband" <Vi...@blowjob.cum> wrote:
>On the Fourth of July.
>Yeeee Haaah!

Jeff Gannon is with us! Hi, Jeff!

wolvesslasher

Jul 5, 2006, 7:26:43 PM7/5/06

Fredric L. Rice Wrote:
> Frank Pittel <f...@warlock.deepthought.com> wrote:
>
> >I wish they all would stop eating until the US troops in Iraq come
> home.
> >The world would better off without them on it.
>
> You support and defend mass murdering baby kilers. Why? Just
> because they're Christian Americans?

Actually, they are Atheist Americans. Unless you have proof that they
are Christians. But, since the majority of the soldiers are Atheists,
the chances are that the soldiers "murdering babys" are Atheists. Sorry
if you have some delusion that more Christians commit murder than
Atheists, but the statistics don't lie. More than 170 million people
were killed,and of these about 130 million died because of atheistic
ideology. (the other 40 million were killed by the secular State's
wars.) You are obviously just another hateful Atheist who blames
everything on Christians. Just further proof that America is
Anti-Christian.
http://www.infidels.org/misc/humor/lioaca.html (Life in Our
Anti-Christian America)

--
wolvesslasher

Alohacyberian

Jul 6, 2006, 6:48:30 AM7/6/06
"Fredric L. Rice" <fr...@skeptictank.org> wrote in message

> "Alohacyberian" <alohac...@att.net> wrote:
>
>>Oh wow, what a Herculean effort those elite millionaires have launched to
>>refuse food for a whole 24 hours!
>
> And what have you done to stop these Christian terrorists and their
> slaughter, rape, and torture of Iraqi children?

Uh, what have you done to stop the converse? Doh! KM

Alohacyberian

Jul 6, 2006, 6:48:29 AM7/6/06

> Frank Pittel <f...@warlock.deepthought.com> wrote:
>>I wish they all would stop eating until the US troops in Iraq come home.
>>The world would better off without them on it.
>
> You support and defend mass murdering baby kilers. Why? Just
> because they're Christian Americans?

This thread isn't about abortions and I don't recall that Frank Pittel has
ever supported abortion on demand. KM

SyVyN11

Jul 6, 2006, 7:16:14 AM7/6/06

"Alohacyberian" <alohac...@att.net> wrote in message

> "Fredric L. Rice" <fr...@skeptictank.org> wrote in message
>> "Alohacyberian" <alohac...@att.net> wrote:
>>
>>>Oh wow, what a Herculean effort those elite millionaires have launched to
>>>refuse food for a whole 24 hours!
>>
>> And what have you done to stop these Christian terrorists and their
>> slaughter, rape, and torture of Iraqi children?
>>

> Uh, what have you done to stop the converse? Doh! KM

What has fuddie done you might ask? He has posted hundreds of messages of
utter bullshit. The joke is that he thinks that he is helping!

Fredric L. Rice

Jul 6, 2006, 1:52:49 PM7/6/06
"Alohacyberian" <alohac...@att.net> wrote:
>"Fredric L. Rice" <fr...@skeptictank.org> wrote in message
>> Frank Pittel <f...@warlock.deepthought.com> wrote:
>>>I wish they all would stop eating until the US troops in Iraq come home.
>>>The world would better off without them on it.
>> You support and defend mass murdering baby kilers. Why? Just
>> because they're Christian Americans?
>This thread isn't about abortions and I don't recall that Frank Pittel has
>ever supported abortion on demand.

LOL! Look at this buttfuck try to change the subject. }:-} Looks
like a total surrender once again.

Fredric L. Rice

Jul 6, 2006, 1:52:51 PM7/6/06
"Alohacyberian" <alohac...@att.net> wrote:
>"Fredric L. Rice" <fr...@skeptictank.org> wrote in message
>> "Alohacyberian" <alohac...@att.net> wrote:
>>>Oh wow, what a Herculean effort those elite millionaires have launched to
>>>refuse food for a whole 24 hours!
>> And what have you done to stop these Christian terrorists and their
>> slaughter, rape, and torture of Iraqi children?
>Uh, what have you done to stop the converse?

Paid taxes that allow them to commit their Christian atrocities, obviously.

Woops!