Reuters Doctoring Photos from Beirut? [photo inside]

FREEP THIS!

Aug 5, 2006, 7:42:04 PM8/5/06
Reuters Doctoring Photos from Beirut? [photo inside]

American Jesus

Aug 5, 2006, 7:52:49 PM8/5/06

FREEP THIS! wrote:
> Reuters Doctoring Photos from Beirut? [photo inside]
>
> http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1678470/posts

That certainly does appear to be the clone tool. Is that actually what
came from Reuters or did somebody take a photo from them and do it
themsleves, then claim it was Reuters?

CoverUp

Aug 5, 2006, 7:56:07 PM8/5/06
FREEP THIS! wrote:
> Reuters Doctoring Photos from Beirut? [photo inside]
>
> http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1678470/posts

LOL Why not. The US landed men on the moon didn't they? LOL

American Jesus

Aug 5, 2006, 11:13:24 PM8/5/06

I'm surprised the rightwingers aren't jumping all over this. Maybe
they are more level-headed than they get credit for. Nah, that can't
be it.

FREEP THIS!

Aug 6, 2006, 12:13:29 AM8/6/06

Political Pagan

Aug 6, 2006, 1:47:46 AM8/6/06
"FREEP THIS!" <free...@yahoo.com> wrote in

> Reuters Doctoring Photos from Beirut? [photo inside]
>
> http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1678470/posts

I'd like to see the picture in it's full size to make a determination.

--
"To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we
are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and

slip_i...@yahoo.com

Aug 6, 2006, 2:19:40 AM8/6/06
Everyone sees faces in clouds.
People find the Virgin Marry pattern on their toast.
A potato chip looks like Abraham Lincoln.

It could be doctored.
The photographer who sold it to them, could have done it.
No reason to assume the editor was in on it.

What strikes me as the principal issue is how totally irrelevant the
picture is.

Totally meaningless picture.

Israel attacking Lebanon, is only the 'normal' of what Western media is
today.

Normal is = all spin, all one sided, all hero has a white hat, villian
has a black hat, good guys are incapable of malice, bad guys are
incapable of virtue.

So, in Lebanon, we pretty much have 2 groups

Group 1) already UNCONDITIONALLY rubber-stamp ALL violence by Israel.
There is NO POSSIBLE VIOLENCE Israel can do that these people will
become angry. Pro-Israeli news will make up ANY lie no matter how
ridiculous, and these people will all agree that the 100 Arab toddlers
were killed trying to 'erase Israel from the map' or something other
'slogan' horseshit they are famous far. none of these people COULD CARE
LESS about a smoking photo of that city. AT ALL. Israel could gas
chamber the entire civilian population and NOT ONE of these people
would so much as yawn in protest.

Group 2) (people who actually KNOW someone in the Middle East, ARE
Middle Eastern, or get their news FROM THE INTERNET and not the public
mass media, this group already knows Lebanon has already been
holocausted without the SLIGHTEST shred of pity. None of these people
think a smoking sky in any way reflects the actual damage in Lebanon.
The ground level damage is horrible.

There is no reason to fake the photo, because it is a stupid photo that
shows nothing.

We have THOUSANDS, of close-up photos of babies blown apart, apartment
buildings aflame and have destroyed, ect, ect.

If I had to guess, the group 1 people, (Israel is God group) are
DESPERATELY HOPING that a retouched photo can be exploited in
propaganda to try and bury the horror disgrace of all the Israeli war
crimes. If the smoke is retouched, then the photos of a hundred dead
babies can be called fictional.

Typical of Israeli supporters. By way of deception (lying your ass off)

drew

Aug 6, 2006, 7:41:49 AM8/6/06

go to the freepers site and that is exactly what is happening. over a
100 posts about photoshoping the photo and the conspiracy to make false
photos by the MSM or drive by media or the lamestream media etc etc etc.
Really is funny reading. It does look like the photo is faked but like
you said, irrelevant.

Julian D.

Aug 6, 2006, 9:28:32 AM8/6/06
On 5 Aug 2006 23:19:40 -0700, slip_i...@yahoo.com wrote:

>Everyone sees faces in clouds.
>People find the Virgin Marry pattern on their toast.
>A potato chip looks like Abraham Lincoln.
>
>It could be doctored.

Looks like the freepers and others were correct.
Looks like the media has taken sides with the Hezbobo terrorists.

Reuters admits altering Beirut photo

http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-3286966,00.html

Reuters withdraws photograph of Beirut after Air Force attack after US
blogs, photographers point out 'blatant evidence of manipulation'
Yaakov Lappin

A Reuters photograph of smoke rising from buildings in Beirut has been
withdrawn after coming under attack by American web logs. The blogs
accused Reuters of distorting the photograph to include more smoke and
damage.

The photograph showed two very heavy plumes of black smoke billowing
from buildings in Beirut after an Air Force attack on the Lebanese
capital. Reuters has since withdrawn the photograph from its website,
along a message admitting that the image was distorted, and an apology
to editors.

In the message, Reuters said that "photo editing software was
improperly used on this image. A corrected version will immediately
follow this advisory. We are sorry for any inconvience."

Reuters' head of PR Moira Whittle said in response: "Reuters has
suspended a photographer until investigations are completed into
changes made to a photograph showing smoke billowing from buildings
following an air strike on Beirut. Reuters takes such matters
extremely seriously as it is strictly against company editorial policy
to alter pictures."

"As soon as the allegation came to light, the photograph, filed on
Saturday 5 August, was removed from the file and a replacement,
showing the same scene, was sent. The explanation for the removal was
the improper use of photo-editing software," she added.

Earlier, Charles Johnson, of the Little Green Footballs blog , which
has exposed a previous attempt at fraud by a major American news
corporation, wrote : "This Reuters photograph shows blatant evidence
of manipulation. Notice the repeating patterns in the smoke; this is
almost certainly caused by using the Photoshop ?clone? tool to add
more smoke to the image."

A series of close ups are then posted on the blog, showing that "it?s
not only the plumes of smoke that were 'enhanced.' There are also
cloned buildings." The close ups do appear to show exact replicas of
buildings appearing next to one another in the photograph.

The Sports Shooter web forum , used by professional photographers,
also examined the photo, with many users concluding that the image has
been doctored
'Looks so obviously doctored'

"I'll second the cloned smoke...but it looks so obvious that I don't
know how the photographer could have gotten away with it," wrote one
user.

After further research, Johnson posted a photograph he says is the
original image taken before distortions were made, showing much
lighter smoke rising.

Other blogs have also analyzed the photographs, and reached similar
conclusions, such as Left & Right , which states: "The photo has been
doctored, quite badly."

The author of the Ace of Spades blog wrote: "Even I can see the very
suspicious "clonings" of picture elements here. And I'm an idiot."

The Hot Air blog also looked at the photo, describing the image as
"the worst Photoshop I have ever seen."

JD

"That was the gift the president gave us, the gift of happiness,
of being together,"
-Cindy Sheehan Describing Her Meeting With President Bush

"I now know he?s sincere about wanting freedom for the Iraqis," Cindy said after their meeting.
"I know he?s sorry and feels some pain for our loss. And I know he?s a man of faith."
-Cindy Sheehan Describing Her Meeting With President Bush

"We're going to take things away from you on behalf of the common good."
-Hillary Clinton-2004

"Well as long as you bring it up, I think Cindy Sheehan is enjoying the celebrity status her son's
death afforded her too. Thanks for pointing that out--I'll correct it in the paperback edition."
-Ann Coulter
http://www.beliefnet.com/story/196/story_19646.html

Abnormal temperatures: Global Warming
Normal temperatures: Global Warming

Julian D.

Aug 6, 2006, 9:29:47 AM8/6/06
On 5 Aug 2006 23:19:40 -0700, slip_i...@yahoo.com wrote:

>Everyone sees faces in clouds.
>People find the Virgin Marry pattern on their toast.
>A potato chip looks like Abraham Lincoln.
>
>It could be doctored.

And they're pissed that American bloggers caught them:

http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-3256534,00.html

Reuters employee issues 'Zionist pig' death threat

Worker suspended after telling American blogger: 'I look forward to
day when you pigs get your throats cut'
Yaakov Lappin

A Reuters employee has been suspended after sending a death threat to
an American blogger.

The message, sent from a Reuters internet account, read: "I look
forward to the day when you pigs get your throats cut."

continued at http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-3256534,00.html

FREEP THIS!

Aug 6, 2006, 9:33:07 AM8/6/06
Reuters admits altering Beirut photo

Wise Man

Aug 6, 2006, 9:50:43 AM8/6/06
free...@yahoo.com wrote:

>Reuters admits altering Beirut photo
>

>http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1678642/posts

This only proves that Israel is innocent and there aren't any attacks on
Lebanon at all. If Reuters has to fake photos of the damage, it's all the
proof you need that there isn't really any damage from bombs.

Wise Man

Aug 6, 2006, 9:52:20 AM8/6/06
Tom P. nos...@nospam.com wrote:

>free...@yahoo.com wrote:
>> Reuters admits altering Beirut photo
>>

>> http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1678642/posts
>>

>Pictures don't lie... unless they have been altered.
>
>You may not trust the BBC, but the pictures speak for themselves.
>One doctored photo does not mean the destruction is not happening.

Yes it does. How can we trust any of the accounts now that they've been
exposed for the lies that they really are? The media is not to be trusted
under any circumstances.

free...@yahoo.com

Aug 6, 2006, 10:53:19 AM8/6/06

Wise Man

Going by your theory, if the USA kidnapped Canadian police and started
bombing canadian cities... Canada's response to defend itslelf makes
the USA innocent?

And you call yourself WISE man?

LOL

Fredric L. Rice

Aug 6, 2006, 11:51:45 AM8/6/06

>> Reuters Doctoring Photos from Beirut? [photo inside]
>> http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1678470/posts
>I'd like to see the picture in it's full size to make a determination.

Remember when the Republicans carried photos and video of mobs of
Iraqis pulling down the statue of Saddam? It took a few weeks before
actual undoctored photographs came out showing American soldiers
actually did it while others held rifles on what few Iraqi citizens
were there. Context is everything.

---
Scientific research into the Theofascist Republican:
http://www.elmerfudd.us/temp/CASMSC.pdf
Cheney could be ass fucking Jeff Gannon right now.

mordacp...@hotmail.com

Aug 6, 2006, 11:57:57 AM8/6/06

FREEP THIS! wrote:
> Reuters admits altering Beirut photo
>
> http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1678642/posts

The only source for this is a pro-Israel web site.

The statements attributed to Reuters' head of PR Moira Whittle in the
pro-Israel web site story are not substantiated at any other source.

There is no mention of this on Reuters' web site and a Lexis-Nexis
search comes up empty.

mordacp...@hotmail.com

Aug 6, 2006, 11:58:40 AM8/6/06

FREEP THIS! wrote:
> Reuters Doctoring Photos from Beirut? [photo inside]
>
> http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1678470/posts

The only source for this is a pro-Israel web site.

The statements attributed to Reuters' head of PR Moira Whittle in the
pro-Israel web site story are not substantiated at any other source.

There is no mention of this on Reuters' web site and a Lexis-Nexis
search comes up empty.

Once again, the rightards get conned.

Tom Potter

Aug 6, 2006, 12:12:12 PM8/6/06

"FREEP THIS!" <free...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> Reuters admits altering Beirut photo
>

> http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1678642/posts

As I pointed out in a previous post,
the Beirut photo was an obvious fake,
intended to be discovered,
just as the Bush National Guard letter was an obvious fake,
intended to be discovered.

As can be seen, the fake Bush National Guard letter
was used to obscure Bush's actual National Guard record,

and the fake Beirut photo was used to obscure the fact
that Israel is murdering innocent women and children,
and destroying precious, costly, essential infrastructure,
that took decades to build.

These gambits are used to fool stupid people,
as rational, intelligent, people do not fall for these tricks.

--
Tom Potter
http://home.earthlink.net/~tdp/

mordacp...@hotmail.com

Aug 6, 2006, 12:30:26 PM8/6/06

Tom Potter wrote:
> "FREEP THIS!" <free...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > Reuters admits altering Beirut photo
> >

> > http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1678642/posts
>
> As I pointed out in a previous post,
> the Beirut photo was an obvious fake,
> intended to be discovered,
> just as the Bush National Guard letter was an obvious fake,
> intended to be discovered.

My thoughts as well.

Thanks for verifying it.

Baldin...@msn.com

Aug 6, 2006, 12:40:03 PM8/6/06

Julian D. wrote:
> On 5 Aug 2006 23:19:40 -0700, slip_i...@yahoo.com wrote:
>
> >Everyone sees faces in clouds.
> >People find the Virgin Marry pattern on their toast.
> >A potato chip looks like Abraham Lincoln.
> >
> >It could be doctored.
>

> Looks like the freepers and others were correct.
> Looks like the media has taken sides with the Hezbobo terrorists.
>

> Reuters admits altering Beirut photo
>
> http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-3286966,00.html

They took it down and suspended the photog pending investigation.
Hooray for bloggists! They can keep the MSM honest. Now, would the
Weekly Standard, for example correct one of their mistakes?

BP

Tempest

Aug 6, 2006, 1:27:00 PM8/6/06

There has been no verifiable statement from Reuters to date.

There's nothing on their web site.

--
"I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do,
because I notice it always coincides with their own desires."

Tom P.

Aug 6, 2006, 2:00:15 PM8/6/06
So... the Prime Minister of Lebanon is acting when he is calling for a
cease fire? Are the rockets landing in Israel fake too?

D. Wells

Aug 6, 2006, 2:16:20 PM8/6/06
On 5 Aug 2006 16:52:49 -0700, "American Jesus" <zz...@netscape.net>
wrote:

an al Reuters photographer. You can forget this news org as
legitimate news. They've been a left-wing & Muslim propaganda outfit
for a few years now. Might as well log onto Daily Koz or al Jazeera.

http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-3286966,00.html

Reuters admits altering Beirut photo

Reuters withdraws photograph of Beirut after Air Force attack after US
blogs, photographers point out 'blatant evidence of manipulation.'
Reuters' head of PR says in response, 'Reuters has suspended

photographer until investigations are completed into changes made to

photograph.' Photographer who sent altered image is same Reuters
photographer behind many of images from Qana, which have also been
subject of suspicions for being staged
[...]

Johnson added: "Smoke simply does not contain repeating symmetrical
patterns like this, and you can see the repetition in both plumes of
smoke. There’s really no question about it."

Speaking to Ynetnews, Johnson said: "This has to cast doubt not only
on the photographer who did the alterations, but on Reuters' entire
review process. If they could let such an obvious fake get through to
publication, how many more faked or 'enhanced' photos have not been
caught?"

[...]

Adnan Hajj, the photographer who sent the altered image, was also the
Reuters photographer behind many of the images from Qana – which have
also been the subject of suspicions for being staged.

"A photographer who would blatantly falsify an entire 'news' image
would certainly not be above posing and staging photographs of rescue
workers," Johnson concluded.

Tolerating Intolerance

Aug 6, 2006, 2:23:56 PM8/6/06

D. Wells

Aug 6, 2006, 2:39:14 PM8/6/06
On 5 Aug 2006 20:13:24 -0700, "American Jesus" <zz...@netscape.net>
wrote:

Moron. Little Green Footballs pointed it out.

Take a look at their spread of it on their blog. Read the whole thing
and scroll down.

http://littlegreenfootballs.com/weblog/?entry=21956_Reuters_Doctoring_Photos_from_Beirut&only

The pictures are so obviously faked including cloned buildings along
with the smoke clouds.

Why are amateurs pointing this out and not professional news
organizations? Why did Reuters publish this propaganda.

Answer: it's not just one corrupt photographer.

NOTE: This incredible forgery was not perpetrated by what you
left-wing idiots call "Faux News".

D. Wells

Aug 6, 2006, 2:55:40 PM8/6/06
On 5 Aug 2006 23:19:40 -0700, slip_i...@yahoo.com wrote:

Great post.

It proves what we've been saying about you lefties all along. You
can't think, you aren't honest (even with yourselves) and morality is
completely relative in your minds.

You can't handle straight news because it doesn't contain the leftist
slant and self-serving conspiracy theories you require in order to
continue in your belief system.

So CBS news publishing fake documents, CNN covering up Hussein's
atrocities, NY Times plaigerizing and Reuters faking photos is, at
worst irrelevant.

And all the left blogs simply asserting that Cheney and Bush are
crooks and fascists and commit crimes and atrocities every day, and
the economy is tanking and the US soldiers are raping and pillaging
and all your rights have been trampled and you live in a police state
that kills babies, old people and trhe spotted owls is good enough for
you.

But Fox is Faux news. LOL!!!!

CoverUp

Aug 6, 2006, 4:29:59 PM8/6/06
Cheney and Bush are
> crooks and fascists and commit crimes and atrocities every day, and
> the economy is tanking and the US soldiers are raping and pillaging
> and all your rights have been trampled and you live in a police state
> that kills babies, old people and trhe spotted owls is good enough for
> you.

You should try to agree more often. Things would not be so bad after all
if you only admit that the right is wrong for America.

BlueOctopus

Aug 6, 2006, 4:59:21 PM8/6/06

<Baldin...@msn.com> wrote in message

A cite from: MSNBC, CNN, FOX, Washinton times, etc.
might give this legitimacy.
Seems like a hoax.

BlueOctopus

Aug 6, 2006, 5:03:07 PM8/6/06

"D. Wells" <wells...@insightbb.net> wrote in message

| On 5 Aug 2006 23:19:40 -0700, slip_i...@yahoo.com wrote:
<<snip>>

| So CBS news publishing fake documents, CNN covering up Hussein's
| atrocities, NY Times plaigerizing and Reuters faking photos is, at
| worst irrelevant.

<<snip>>

| But Fox is Faux news. LOL!!!!

What does Fox have to say about this "Reuters faking photos" "story"?

BlueOctopus

Aug 6, 2006, 5:05:03 PM8/6/06

<mordacp...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

It's an exclusive, you need an aluminum foil hat, not a search engine.

BlueOctopus

Aug 6, 2006, 4:37:13 PM8/6/06

"D. Wells" <wells...@insightbb.net> wrote in message

It wasn't reported by Faux News either, maybe they're in on the conspiracy.

Julian D.

Aug 6, 2006, 5:26:11 PM8/6/06
On Sun, 06 Aug 2006 14:16:20 -0400, D. Wells
<wells...@insightbb.net> wrote:

>On 5 Aug 2006 16:52:49 -0700, "American Jesus" <zz...@netscape.net>
>wrote:
>

>>FREEP THIS! wrote:
>>> Reuters Doctoring Photos from Beirut? [photo inside]
>>>
>>> http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1678470/posts
>>
>>That certainly does appear to be the clone tool. Is that actually what
>>came from Reuters or did somebody take a photo from them and do it
>>themsleves, then claim it was Reuters?
>
>an al Reuters photographer. You can forget this news org as
>legitimate news. They've been a left-wing & Muslim propaganda outfit
>for a few years now. Might as well log onto Daily Koz or al Jazeera.
>
>http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-3286966,00.html
>
>Reuters admits altering Beirut photo

It's on Yahoo! admitting Reuters had to pull the photo. It now has
the accurate photo on there:

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/060806/ids_photos_wl/r1119244085.jpg

>almost certainly caused by using the Photoshop ?clone? tool to add

>more smoke to the image."
>
>Johnson added: "Smoke simply does not contain repeating symmetrical
>patterns like this, and you can see the repetition in both plumes of

>smoke. There?s really no question about it."

>Speaking to Ynetnews, Johnson said: "This has to cast doubt not only
>on the photographer who did the alterations, but on Reuters' entire
>review process. If they could let such an obvious fake get through to
>publication, how many more faked or 'enhanced' photos have not been
>caught?"
>

>A series of close ups are then posted on the blog, showing that "it?s

>not only the plumes of smoke that were 'enhanced.' There are also
>cloned buildings." The close ups do appear to show exact replicas of
>buildings appearing next to one another in the photograph.
>
> The Sports Shooter web forum , used by professional photographers,
>also examined the photo, with many users concluding that the image has
>been doctored.
>
>'Looks so obviously doctored'
>
>"I'll second the cloned smoke...but it looks so obvious that I don't
>know how the photographer could have gotten away with it," wrote one
>user.
>
>After further research, Johnson posted a photograph he says is the
>original image taken before distortions were made, showing much
>lighter smoke rising.
>
>Other blogs have also analyzed the photographs, and reached similar
>conclusions, such as Left & Right , which states: "The photo has been
>doctored, quite badly."
>
>The author of the Ace of Spades blog wrote: "Even I can see the very
>suspicious "clonings" of picture elements here. And I'm an idiot."
>
> The Hot Air blog also looked at the photo, describing the image as
>"the worst Photoshop I have ever seen."
>

>Adnan Hajj, the photographer who sent the altered image, was also the

>Reuters photographer behind many of the images from Qana ? which have

>also been the subject of suspicions for being staged.
>

>"A photographer who would blatantly falsify an entire 'news' image
>would certainly not be above posing and staging photographs of rescue
>workers," Johnson concluded.

JD

Julian D.

Aug 6, 2006, 5:26:25 PM8/6/06

It's on Yahoo! admitting Reuters had to pull the photo. It now has
the accurate photo on there:

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/060806/ids_photos_wl/r1119244085.jpg

Julian D.

Aug 6, 2006, 5:26:35 PM8/6/06

D. Wells

Aug 6, 2006, 5:47:23 PM8/6/06

I suppose you'll have to watch them to find out.

D. Wells

Aug 6, 2006, 5:48:32 PM8/6/06
On Sun, 6 Aug 2006 16:37:13 -0400, "BlueOctopus"
<notha...@anyway.net> wrote:

Perhaps they wanted to avoid gloating despite that they've earned it

Political Pagan

Aug 6, 2006, 5:54:27 PM8/6/06
Julian D. <ju...@ersatz.com> wrote in

> Looks like the freepers and others were correct.
> Looks like the media has taken sides with the Hezbobo terrorists.

I dunno, the actual undoctored picture looks just as bad as the doctored
one...

http://www.ynetnews.com/PicServer2/20122005/856455/LBN20_wa.jpg

--
"To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we
are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and
servile, but is morally treasonable to the American
public." - Theodore Roosevelt

Political Pagan

Aug 6, 2006, 5:56:13 PM8/6/06
wis...@telus.net (Wise Man) wrote in news:981768...@81.174.50.80:

The actual photo....undoctored.Funny, this is the one I originally saw
posted a few days ago, not the edited one.

Dan Kimmel

Aug 6, 2006, 5:57:00 PM8/6/06

"BlueOctopus" <notha...@anyway.net> wrote in message

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/060806/ids_photos_wl/r1119244085.jpg

Ernst Blofeld

Aug 6, 2006, 6:57:47 PM8/6/06

BlueOctopus wrote:
> A cite from: MSNBC, CNN, FOX, Washinton times, etc.
> might give this legitimacy.
> Seems like a hoax.

http://today.reuters.com/news/articlenews.aspx?type=topNews&storyid=2006-08-06T215602Z_01_L06301298_RTRUKOC_0_US-MIDEAST-REUTERS.xml&src=rss&rpc=22
----
LONDON (Reuters) - Reuters, the global news and information agency,
told a freelance Lebanese photographer on Sunday it would not use any
more of his pictures after he doctored an image of the aftermath of an
Israeli air strike on Beirut.
----

American Jesus

Aug 6, 2006, 7:04:50 PM8/6/06

Do you have evidence that Reuters knew the photo was faked at first?
People make it sound like everybody at Reuters is trying to lie to the
world. ONE photog did this, he got caught, and Reuters will no longer
use any of his photos. ONE guy did this. ONE.

Tempest

Aug 6, 2006, 7:06:43 PM8/6/06

Tolerating Intolerance wrote:
> http://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/rids/20060806/i/r3607862130.jpg?

Where's a direct link from Reuters' web site?

BlueOctopus

Aug 6, 2006, 7:32:14 PM8/6/06
It's on reuters now.

"Dan Kimmel" <daniel...@rcn.com> wrote in message

BlueOctopus

Aug 6, 2006, 7:31:08 PM8/6/06
It's on Reuters now.

You win Julian, you were right.

"Julian D." <ju...@ersatz.com> wrote in message

Tempest

Aug 6, 2006, 7:33:57 PM8/6/06

Not just any aluminum foil hat, but an AIPAC approved aluminum foil hat.

BlueOctopus

Aug 6, 2006, 7:33:10 PM8/6/06

"D. Wells" <wells...@insightbb.net> wrote in message

No need to be so cruel.

Tempest

Aug 6, 2006, 7:53:45 PM8/6/06

BlueOctopus wrote:
> It's on reuters now.

As of 5:56 EST.

And if you compare the pictures, there's very little difference between
them.

http://tinyurl.com/jh4e7

Sid9

Aug 6, 2006, 8:00:05 PM8/6/06
There's a lot of difference.

The left hand picture gives the impression of widspread damage. A lie!

The right hand picture shows only the *ONE* target building burning.

CoverUp

Aug 6, 2006, 8:03:23 PM8/6/06

Looks so obvious that anyone could tell. His boss should get the can also.
No QC is no excuse.

Tempest

Aug 6, 2006, 8:16:58 PM8/6/06

Sid9 wrote:
> There's a lot of difference.
>
> The left hand picture gives the impression of widspread damage. A lie!
>
> The right hand picture shows only the *ONE* target building burning.

I'm looking at a full screen shot of the picture and there are at least
two buildings on fire.

Tempest

Aug 6, 2006, 8:18:51 PM8/6/06

It would be impossible to quality check the thousands of photographs
submitted to Reuters on any given day.

CoverUp

Aug 6, 2006, 8:21:53 PM8/6/06

No one looks at the finished product before it hits the stand?

Sid9

Aug 6, 2006, 8:28:51 PM8/6/06
Tempest wrote:
> Sid9 wrote:
>> There's a lot of difference.
>>
>> The left hand picture gives the impression of widspread damage. A
>> lie! The right hand picture shows only the *ONE* target building
>> burning.
>

> I'm looking at a full screen shot of the picture and there are at
> least two buildings on fire.

Two Hezbollah sites...the rest of Beirut is untouched.

George Grapman

Aug 6, 2006, 8:51:19 PM8/6/06
Reuters did not doctor them . They were provided by a freelancer who
has been terminated.

--
To reply via e-mail please delete 1 c from paccbell

Julian D.

Aug 6, 2006, 9:00:36 PM8/6/06
On Sun, 6 Aug 2006 19:31:08 -0400, "BlueOctopus"
<notha...@anyway.net> wrote:

>It's on Reuters now.
>
>You win Julian, you were right.

After it being on Drudge and some other sites, there had to be a firm
denial or confirmation from them sometime.
I'm glad they fired him.

Julian D.

Aug 6, 2006, 9:01:49 PM8/6/06
On Sun, 06 Aug 2006 17:27:00 GMT, Tempest <tem...@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Baldin...@msn.com wrote:

>> Julian D. wrote:

>>>Looks like the freepers and others were correct.
>>>Looks like the media has taken sides with the Hezbobo terrorists.
>>>

>>>Reuters admits altering Beirut photo
>>>

>>>http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-3286966,00.html
>>

>> They took it down and suspended the photog pending investigation.
>> Hooray for bloggists! They can keep the MSM honest. Now, would the
>> Weekly Standard, for example correct one of their mistakes?
>

>There has been no verifiable statement from Reuters to date.
>
>There's nothing on their web site.

Well hell, it must not be true then. Of course it's only the first
day.

Dan Kimmel

Aug 6, 2006, 8:47:31 PM8/6/06

"Ernst Blofeld" <blof...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Bingo! That's the confirmation.

Dan Kimmel

Aug 6, 2006, 8:51:28 PM8/6/06

"Tempest" <tem...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> BlueOctopus wrote:
> > <mordacp...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> > | The only source for this is a pro-Israel web site.
> > |
> > | The statements attributed to Reuters' head of PR Moira Whittle in the
> > | pro-Israel web site story are not substantiated at any other source.
> > |
> > | There is no mention of this on Reuters' web site and a Lexis-Nexis
> > | search comes up empty.
> > |

> > It's an exclusive, you need an aluminum foil hat, not a search engine.
>

> Not just any aluminum foil hat, but an AIPAC approved aluminum foil hat.

You're obviously wearing your Hezbollah approved tin foil hat. Meanwhile
Reuters has confirmed the story you were trying so hard to deny.

http://today.reuters.com/news/articlenews.aspx?type=topNews&storyid=2006-08-06T215602Z_01_L06301298_RTRUKOC_0_US-MIDEAST-REUTERS.xml&src=rss&rpc=22

Dan Kimmel

Aug 6, 2006, 8:50:22 PM8/6/06

"Sid9" <si...@bellsouth.net> wrote in message

> There's a lot of difference.
>
> The left hand picture gives the impression of widspread damage. A lie!
>
> The right hand picture shows only the *ONE* target building burning.

They spin, they spin, they spin. If they found Nasrallah with blood on his
hands and his tooth marks on a body they'd claim he was trying to administer
CPR.

Dan Kimmel

Aug 6, 2006, 8:48:42 PM8/6/06

Julian D.

Aug 6, 2006, 10:16:39 PM8/6/06
On Mon, 07 Aug 2006 00:51:19 GMT, George Grapman
<sfge...@paccbell.net> wrote:

> Reuters did not doctor them . They were provided by a freelancer who
>has been terminated.

And I'm sure Reuters did its damndest in making sure the photo was not
a fake maligning Israel.

Tolerating Intolerance

Aug 6, 2006, 10:24:54 PM8/6/06
the actual undoctored picture looks just as bad as the doctored

Not really... you show me a doctored photo and I'll show you articles
whose facts have been doctored as well.

Very bad

Political Pagan

Aug 6, 2006, 10:35:49 PM8/6/06
"Tolerating Intolerance" <tolerating...@yahoo.com> wrote in

You mean like the 'documentation' that Hussein was producing WMDs in
2002/03?

American Jesus

Aug 6, 2006, 10:41:34 PM8/6/06

American Jesus wrote:
> FREEP THIS! wrote:
> > Reuters Doctoring Photos from Beirut? [photo inside]
> >
> > http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1678470/posts
>
> That certainly does appear to be the clone tool. Is that actually what
> came from Reuters or did somebody take a photo from them and do it
> themsleves, then claim it was Reuters?

I just took another look at this, at a smaller size, and the patterns
were even more evident. I use Photoshop all the time (I'm a designer)
and that's the clone tool. Either that or the guy slected, feathered,
copied, and pasted, several times. That would be much more tedious but
given how dumb the photog is, it wouldn't be a surprise if he did it
the hard way. Anyway it's interesting how dishonest people make the
mistake of thinking others are as stupid as they are. Reuters should
pull all of his photos until an investigation is complete, which I
assume they are going to do.

Tolerating Intolerance

Aug 6, 2006, 10:43:44 PM8/6/06
I dont think the media fabricated WMD documentation. That was the CIA.
BIG difference. The media is suppose to give us facts and truths.

Sid9

Aug 6, 2006, 10:52:57 PM8/6/06
It wasn't the CIA.

It was Cheney's back door operation

American Jesus

Aug 6, 2006, 11:16:47 PM8/6/06

Of course they do, but mistakes still happen. Newspapers make mistakes
somewhat often but it doesn't mean they are all involved in a
conspiracy to take away your Hummer or to allow Hezbollah to nuke your
little girl. Get a fucking clue before you post again. Oh, and stop
watching FOX News; they lie to you.

Mhitsos**

Aug 19, 2006, 3:13:18 AM8/19/06
American Jesus wrote:

I agree. All his pictures are fake.
Israel didn't bomb Beirut nor killed any civilians.