Reuters admits altering Beirut photo

free...@yahoo.com

Aug 6, 2006, 9:38:16 AM8/6/06
Reuters admits altering Beirut photo

Winston Smith, American Patriot

Aug 6, 2006, 10:24:58 AM8/6/06
free...@yahoo.com wrote in alt.politics.bush:

> Reuters admits altering Beirut photo
>

> http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1678642/posts

Seems your link is to a right-wing blog site claiming Reuter's mad an
admission. Brazen lying is the least of the things this right-wing fascist
site will do to further its outrageous agenda.

Where is the direct link to the admission by Reuters at the Reuters web
site??

--
For every 40 things you do,
it is human nature to blame you

FREEP THIS!

Aug 6, 2006, 10:54:51 AM8/6/06

Where is the direct link to the admission by Reuters at the Reuters
web site??

Here

http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-3286966,00.html

Winston Smith, American Patriot

Aug 6, 2006, 11:00:14 AM8/6/06
"FREEP THIS!" <free...@yahoo.com> wrote in alt.politics.bush:

I said the Reuters----REUTERS---web site, moron!

Not some Israeli right-wing, kill-all-the-Lebanese web site.

I had already seen that link and it was as much as my stomach could take
being at a site that applauds the killing of the Lebanese.

Find the link to the REUTERS web site, then come back here with their
authoritative admission.

Joe S.

Aug 6, 2006, 12:13:51 PM8/6/06

<free...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> Reuters admits altering Beirut photo
>

> http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1678642/posts

Oh, bullshit.

Your link is to a rightwing website CLAIMING the photos were phony.

Please provide a link to a Reuters site in which they admit to altering
photos. Here's a tip for you: The Reuters site will be
www.reuters.com/somethingelse .

I checked out the photos on the rightwing site just out of curiosity --
clearly the folks who posted this shit know nothing about photo
interpretation. The real bullshit is on the site you provided.

Geno1234

Aug 6, 2006, 4:30:55 PM8/6/06
Can you name the Reuters editor that did it?
Hell no you can't as it a zionist farce.Probablly by some ZOA person.

Roedy Green

Aug 6, 2006, 5:16:32 PM8/6/06
On 6 Aug 2006 06:38:16 -0700, free...@yahoo.com wrote, quoted or
indirectly quoted someone who said :

>Reuters admits altering Beirut photo
>

>http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1678642/posts

That's pretty naive. Someone posts a blog entry without a URL backup
and you treat it as hard news. Shame on you.

"If people become accustomed to lying, they will unconsciously commit
every possible wrong deed. Before they can act wickedly, they must
lie, and once they begin to lie they will act wickedly without
concern."
~ Gautama Buddha

--
Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green, http://mindprod.com
See links to the Lebanon photos that Google censored at

TSowellFan

Aug 6, 2006, 5:30:24 PM8/6/06
Joe S,

Since Reuters has already admitted the fake photos and they are now
looking into the situation through an internal investigation I think it
is YOU and you left-winged moonbats with the burden of proof. Why dont
YOU provide us with the yahoo link where they retract the fact that
they have acknowledged the photos as fake.

If TRUTH and FACTS is your definition of "RIGHT WING" then Im staying
away from the left.

Ewwwwww!

TSowellFan

Aug 6, 2006, 5:33:54 PM8/6/06
Reuters' head of PR Moira Whittle said in response: "Reuters has
suspended a photographer until investigations are completed into
changes made to a photograph showing smoke billowing from buildings
following an air strike on Beirut."

Tempest

Aug 6, 2006, 7:35:59 PM8/6/06

TSowellFan wrote:
> Joe S,
>
> Since Reuters has already admitted the fake photos

Where did they admit it?

Provide a direct link to the admission from their web site.

> and they are now
> looking into the situation through an internal investigation I think it
> is YOU and you left-winged moonbats with the burden of proof. Why dont
> YOU provide us with the yahoo link where they retract the fact that
> they have acknowledged the photos as fake.

> If TRUTH and FACTS is your definition of "RIGHT WING" then Im staying
> away from the left.

You'd never fit in with your swastikas and white robes anyway.

--
"I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do,
because I notice it always coincides with their own desires."

Tempest

Aug 6, 2006, 7:37:07 PM8/6/06

Funny how the only source for this quote is the pro-Israel web site and
rightwing blogs.

There's nothing on Reuters' web site and nothing from any legitimate
news sources as well.

You rightards are so fucking gullible.

Bert Hyman

Aug 6, 2006, 7:43:17 PM8/6/06
In news:44D67D32...@hotmail.com Tempest <tem...@hotmail.com>
wrote:

> There's nothing on Reuters' web site and nothing from any legitimate
> news sources as well.

http://www.alertnet.org/thenews/newsdesk/L06301298.htm

"Reuters drops freelance Lebanese photographer over image"

In case you're confused, alertnet is a Reuters Web site.

--
Bert Hyman St. Paul, MN be...@iphouse.com

Julian D.

Aug 6, 2006, 9:01:57 PM8/6/06
On Sun, 06 Aug 2006 23:37:07 GMT, Tempest <tem...@hotmail.com> wrote:

>TSowellFan wrote:
>> Reuters' head of PR Moira Whittle said in response: "Reuters has
>> suspended a photographer until investigations are completed into
>> changes made to a photograph showing smoke billowing from buildings
>> following an air strike on Beirut."
>

>Funny how the only source for this quote is the pro-Israel web site and
>rightwing blogs.
>
>There's nothing on Reuters' web site and nothing from any legitimate
>news sources as well.
>

>You rightards are so fucking gullible.

No comment.

JD

"That was the gift the president gave us, the gift of happiness,
of being together,"
-Cindy Sheehan Describing Her Meeting With President Bush

"I now know he?s sincere about wanting freedom for the Iraqis," Cindy said after their meeting.
"I know he?s sorry and feels some pain for our loss. And I know he?s a man of faith."
-Cindy Sheehan Describing Her Meeting With President Bush

"We're going to take things away from you on behalf of the common good."
-Hillary Clinton-2004

"Well as long as you bring it up, I think Cindy Sheehan is enjoying the celebrity status her son's
death afforded her too. Thanks for pointing that out--I'll correct it in the paperback edition."
-Ann Coulter
http://www.beliefnet.com/story/196/story_19646.html

Abnormal temperatures: Global Warming
Normal temperatures: Global Warming

Julian D.

Aug 6, 2006, 9:08:30 PM8/6/06
On Sun, 06 Aug 2006 23:35:59 GMT, Tempest <tem...@hotmail.com> wrote:

>TSowellFan wrote:
>> Joe S,
>>
>> Since Reuters has already admitted the fake photos
>

>Where did they admit it?
>
>Provide a direct link to the admission from their web site.
>

>> and they are now
>> looking into the situation through an internal investigation I think it
>> is YOU and you left-winged moonbats with the burden of proof. Why dont
>> YOU provide us with the yahoo link where they retract the fact that
>> they have acknowledged the photos as fake.
>

>> If TRUTH and FACTS is your definition of "RIGHT WING" then Im staying
>> away from the left.
>
>You'd never fit in with your swastikas and white robes anyway.

Missy, have you lowered yourself so much you're using leftist-loon
usenet insults? It's amazing watching you and Mitchy post just like
those fevered salivating nuts over the past few years.

Dan Kimmel

Aug 6, 2006, 9:18:53 PM8/6/06

"Tempest" <tem...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> TSowellFan wrote:
> > Reuters' head of PR Moira Whittle said in response: "Reuters has
> > suspended a photographer until investigations are completed into
> > changes made to a photograph showing smoke billowing from buildings
> > following an air strike on Beirut."
>

> Funny how the only source for this quote is the pro-Israel web site and
> rightwing blogs.

Funny how you've posted DOZENS of messages saying the same thing.

http://today.reuters.com/news/articlenews.aspx?type=topNews&storyid=2006-08-06T215602Z_01_L06301298_RTRUKOC_0_US-MIDEAST-REUTERS.xml&src=rss&rpc=22

> You rightards are so fucking gullible.

Speak for you and your fellow Israel bashers. You'll swallow ANY lie.
You've just proven it again.

Dan Kimmel

Aug 6, 2006, 9:10:12 PM8/6/06

> TSowellFan wrote:
> > Joe S,
> >
> > Since Reuters has already admitted the fake photos
>

> Where did they admit it?
>
> Provide a direct link to the admission from their web site.

Dozens and dozens of posts from you in denial.

http://today.reuters.com/news/articlenews.aspx?type=topNews&storyid=2006-08-06T215602Z_01_L06301298_RTRUKOC_0_US-MIDEAST-REUTERS.xml&src=rss&rpc=22

ThreeBallLouie

Aug 6, 2006, 9:38:58 PM8/6/06
"Winston Smith, American Patriot" <Franz...@Oceania.WhiteHouse.GOV> wrote
in message news:Xns9817B125F...@207.115.17.102...

> free...@yahoo.com wrote in alt.politics.bush:
>
>> Reuters admits altering Beirut photo
>>

>> http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1678642/posts
>
> Seems your link is to a right-wing blog site claiming Reuter's mad an
> admission. Brazen lying is the least of the things this right-wing
> fascist
> site will do to further its outrageous agenda.
>
> Where is the direct link to the admission by Reuters at the Reuters web
> site??

Here ya go, you pathetic fool.

http://tinyurl.com/foasg

Three Ball Louie
The Man With Planet Sized Gonads Of Tempered Steel

ThreeBallLouie

Aug 6, 2006, 9:39:25 PM8/6/06
"Joe S." <an...@mous.com> wrote in message

Here ya go, you pathetic fool.

jmcgill

Aug 6, 2006, 9:46:01 PM8/6/06
Joe S. wrote:

> Please provide a link to a Reuters site in which they admit to altering
> photos. Here's a tip for you: The Reuters site will be
> www.reuters.com/somethingelse .

http://today.reuters.com/news/articlenews.aspx?type=topNews&storyid=2006-08-06T215602Z_01_L06301298_RTRUKOC_0_US-MIDEAST-REUTERS.xml&src=rss&rpc=22

They do not admit to altering photos - because they didn't.

What they did was buy photos from a biased photographer who had altered
his work to make the impression that the photo depicted more destruction
than the single burning building that it truly captured.

The photographer's name was Hajj.

Julian D.

Aug 6, 2006, 10:15:47 PM8/6/06

And I'm sure Reuters did its damndest in making sure the photo was not
a fake maligning Israel.

>The photographer's name was Hajj.

JD

American Jesus

Aug 6, 2006, 10:23:46 PM8/6/06

Julian D. wrote:
> On Sun, 06 Aug 2006 18:46:01 -0700, jmcgill
> <jmc...@email.arizona.edu> wrote:
>
> >Joe S. wrote:
> >
> >> Please provide a link to a Reuters site in which they admit to altering
> >> photos. Here's a tip for you: The Reuters site will be
> >> www.reuters.com/somethingelse .
> >>

> >http://today.reuters.com/news/articlenews.aspx?type=topNews&storyid=2006-08-06T215602Z_01_L06301298_RTRUKOC_0_US-MIDEAST-REUTERS.xml&src=rss&rpc=22
> >
> >They do not admit to altering photos - because they didn't.
> >
> >What they did was buy photos from a biased photographer who had altered
> >his work to make the impression that the photo depicted more destruction
> > than the single burning building that it truly captured.
>

> And I'm sure Reuters did its damndest in making sure the photo was not
> a fake maligning Israel.

Do you have any clue how many photos a photo editor goes through each
day? Of course you don't. They don't go through photos assuming that
some photog is being dishonest.
How often do you bitch about FOX news actually lying, on purpose?
This was a mistake and it has been corrected.

Julian D.

Aug 6, 2006, 11:17:04 PM8/6/06
On 6 Aug 2006 19:23:46 -0700, "American Jesus" <zz...@netscape.net>
wrote:

If what you say is true that it was not purposely overlooked, then
he/she is a very inept photo editor.
Do you think he/she would have caught this as being a fake?
http://michellemalkin.com/archives/images/fear%20the%20football.jpg

Incompetence still caused damage by a world-wide news agency promoting
terrorist propaganda against Israel.
I really think they're not that sorry about it. 'Whoopsie'.

[...]

New Reuters Non-Fake Picture!
'Fear The Football'
http://michellemalkin.com/archives/images/fear%20the%20football.jpg

No whining about the length of my sig.
They're just all too damn good to delete.

ThreeBallLouie

Aug 6, 2006, 11:32:02 PM8/6/06
"jmcgill" <jmc...@email.arizona.edu> wrote in message

Hajj? Sounds like a sand nigger to me.

American Jesus

Aug 6, 2006, 11:43:20 PM8/6/06

Mistakes happen, it's a fact. You never know the circumstances. That
doesn't mean the agency is trying to spread any kind of propaganda.
There is already an investigation into this. Why would they
investigate if they were trying to spread anti-Israeli propaganda? Why
would they pull all the guy's photos?
You need to deal with the reality that mistakes happen, even in media
organizations. In fact, it was rather obvious manipulation but if you
aren't looking for it explicitly you might not even notice at first.
If Reuters was really trying to spread propaganda they would have hired
the best artists in the world to manipulate photos to meet their
agenda. Did that ever cross your mind? Do you have evidence they are
doing this? No, this, no, that, you don't have shit.
Mistakes happen. Don't believe me? Watch FOX News.
Have a nice whatever.

Captain Compassion

Aug 6, 2006, 11:53:55 PM8/6/06
On Sun, 06 Aug 2006 21:16:32 GMT, Roedy Green
<see_w...@mindprod.com.invalid> wrote:

>On 6 Aug 2006 06:38:16 -0700, free...@yahoo.com wrote, quoted or
>indirectly quoted someone who said :
>
>>Reuters admits altering Beirut photo
>>

>>http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1678642/posts
>
>That's pretty naive. Someone posts a blog entry without a URL backup
>and you treat it as hard news. Shame on you.

http://today.reuters.com/news/articlenews.aspx?type=topNews&storyid=2006-08-06T215602Z_01_L06301298_RTRUKOC_0_US-MIDEAST-REUTERS.xml&src=rss&rpc=22

--
"Science is the record of dead religions." -- Oscar Wilde

"There are no absolute certainties in this universe. A man must try to
whip order into a yelping pack of probabilities, and uniform success is
impossible." -- Jack Vance

"Civilization is the interval between Ice Ages." -- Will Durant.

"War is God's way of teaching Americans geography" -- Ambrose Bierce

"Progress is the increasing control of the environment by life.
--Will Durant

Joseph R. Darancette
dar...@NOSPAMverizon.net

Captain Compassion

Aug 6, 2006, 11:54:23 PM8/6/06
On Sun, 06 Aug 2006 23:37:07 GMT, Tempest <tem...@hotmail.com> wrote:

>TSowellFan wrote:
>> Reuters' head of PR Moira Whittle said in response: "Reuters has
>> suspended a photographer until investigations are completed into
>> changes made to a photograph showing smoke billowing from buildings
>> following an air strike on Beirut."
>

>Funny how the only source for this quote is the pro-Israel web site and
>rightwing blogs.
>
>There's nothing on Reuters' web site and nothing from any legitimate
>news sources as well.
>

>You rightards are so fucking gullible.

http://today.reuters.com/news/articlenews.aspx?type=topNews&storyid=2006-08-06T215602Z_01_L06301298_RTRUKOC_0_US-MIDEAST-REUTERS.xml&src=rss&rpc=22

Winston Smith, American Patriot

Aug 7, 2006, 2:42:42 AM8/7/06
"ThreeBallLouie" <Titani...@93.93> wrote in alt.politics.bush:

> "Winston Smith, American Patriot" <Franz...@Oceania.WhiteHouse.GOV>
> wrote in message news:Xns9817B125F...@207.115.17.102...
>> free...@yahoo.com wrote in alt.politics.bush:
>>
>>> Reuters admits altering Beirut photo
>>>

>>> http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1678642/posts
>>
>> Seems your link is to a right-wing blog site claiming Reuter's mad an
>> admission. Brazen lying is the least of the things this right-wing
>> fascist
>> site will do to further its outrageous agenda.
>>
>> Where is the direct link to the admission by Reuters at the Reuters
>> web site??
>
> Here ya go, you pathetic fool.

Definition of FOOL: those who make claims without supporting credible
evidence in a post, then have to be told to support the claims, which they
finally do in a follow-up post that should not have been necessary.

Definition of LIAR: typically a contributer to a right-wing hate blog web
site or a poster to the Usenet who states that something happened at time
A but did not, then that something happens at time B, which comes after
time A, and then posts proof that something happened, but does not admit
it happened after the lying claim.

Roedy Green

Aug 7, 2006, 3:12:03 AM8/7/06
On 6 Aug 2006 07:54:51 -0700, "FREEP THIS!" <free...@yahoo.com>

> Where is the direct link to the admission by Reuters at the Reuters

An apology form Reuters should appear on reuters.com Anything else is
hearsay.

“INADMISSIBLE, adj. Not competent to be considered. Said of certain
kinds of testimony which juries are supposed to be unfit to be
entrusted with, and which judges, therefore, rule out, even of
proceedings before themselves alone. Hearsay evidence is inadmissible
because the person quoted was unsworn and is not before the court for
examination; yet most momentous actions, military, political,
commercial and of every other kind, are daily undertaken on hearsay
evidence. There is no religion in the world that has any other basis
than hearsay evidence. Revelation is hearsay evidence; that the
Scriptures are the word of God we have only the testimony of men long
dead whose identity is not clearly established and who are not known
to have been sworn in any sense. Under the rules of evidence as they
now exist in this country, no single assertion in the Bible has in its
support any evidence admissible in a court of law. It cannot be proved
that the battle of Blenheim ever was fought, that there was such as
person as Julius Caesar, such an empire as Assyria. But as records of
courts of justice are admissible, it can easily be proved that
powerful and malevolent magicians once existed and were a scourge to
mankind. The evidence (including confession) upon which certain women
were convicted of witchcraft and executed was without a flaw; it is
still unimpeachable. The judges' decisions based on it were sound in
logic and in law. Nothing in any existing court was ever more
thoroughly proved than the charges of witchcraft and sorcery for which
so many suffered death. If there were no witches, human testimony and
human reason are alike destitute of value.”
~: Ambrose Bierce quotes

Gogarty

Aug 7, 2006, 11:33:44 AM8/7/06
In article <FfCdnYKHsuqHCEvZ...@rcn.net>, daniel...@rcn.com
says...
Jesus! Six of one and half a dozen of the other.

Message has been deleted

mordacp...@hotmail.com

Aug 7, 2006, 5:16:10 PM8/7/06

Sorry AIPAC apologist, but Reuters never admitted to faking the photos
as the pro-Israel web site contends.

Reuters admitted to displaying a doctored photo submitted to them by a
freelance photographer.

Once again the pro-Israel web site got it wrong.