'SATURDAY NIGHT LIVE' skit suggests Sarah's husband guilty of incest...

Ubiquitous

Sep 22, 2008, 6:51:46 AM9/22/08
By Joe Kovacs
Alaska Gov, Sarah Palin and family in 2007

A week after a high-profile send-up of Republican vice presidential candidate
Sarah Palin on "Saturday Night Live," the NBC comedy show returned to making
fun of the Alaskan governor in a skit where New York Times reporters sought to
probe the possibility Palin's husband, Todd, was having sex with the couple's
own daughters.

"What about the husband?" asked a Times reporter during a mock assignment
meeting for the paper. "You know he's doing those daughters. I mean, come on.
It's Alaska."

The assignment editor for the Times, portrayed by actor James Franco,
responded: "He very well could be. Admittedly, there is no evidence of that,
but on the other hand, there is no convincing evidence to the contrary. And
these are just some of the lingering questions about Governor Palin."

The skit featured a photo of one reporter and an on-screen message that
stated, "In 2009 [reporter] Howland Gwathmey Moss, V was awarded the Pulitzer
Prize for his Times series on unproven, yet un-disproven incest in the Palin
family. Sadly, he was to die 3 months later, run over by a snow machine,
driven by a polar bear."

The final shot showed an image of a New York Times page, with headlines that
included:

"While No Direct Evidence of Incest in Palin Family Emerges, Counter Evidence
Remains Agonizingly Elusive" and "In a Small Alaska Town, Doubts Still
Linger."

The sketch seemed to be designed to mock how out of touch journalists from the
Big Apple are when it comes to their knowledge of Alaska, with left-leaning,
Manhattan-dwelling reporters mistaking a snowmobile for a "baptizing machine,"
a crucifix and a NordicTrack exerciser in photographs held up for them.

Some viewers expressed outrage.

"It is time the Palin family brought out the big guns. They need to sue
General Electric, NBC, 'Saturday Night Live,'" said Al Barrs of Bascom, Fla.
"This is clearly criminal and defamation of character of an entire family and
state. All the above needs to be taken to their knees big time once and for
all."

"What if somebody did one with this kind of humor on Obama and his daughters?"
asked Jim Cash of Chattanooga, Tenn. "What an uproar there would be. This line
of humor is tasteless and moronic and about as low as they could go. There
simply must be an uproar over this. We cannot let this just pass."

But others, such as Ana Jimenez, believe the episode was all in good fun,
since the program is a comedy show.

"Anyone that watched Saturday's show and believed the skit in which it was
suggested that there was incest in the Palin household needs to have [his]
head examined," said Jimenez. "The purpose of the joke (tacky and crude as it
was, I did not care for it at all by the way) was to show how out of touch
journalists are – not an attack on the Palin household. Sheesh, get a grip!"

NBC's website for "Saturday Night Live" normally contains video clips of the
show's comedy routines, but, interestingly, the clip of the incest sketch was
never posted online.

The show opened with a brief skit making fun of truth-enhanced TV ads John
McCain was approving for his campaign. One ad claimed that since Barack Obama
was in favor of universal health care, that meant coverage for everyone in the
entire universe, including terrorist mastermind Osama bin Laden.

The Politico reported the opening scene was crafted with the help of former
castmember Al Franken, a Democrat currently running for the U.S. Senate from
Minnesota.

The season premiere of "Saturday Night Live" last week featured comedic
actress Tina Fey returning to the show to portray Gov. Palin in a joint
appearance with Hillary Clinton, played by Amy Poehler.

--
It is simply breathtaking to watch the glee and abandon with which
the liberal media and the Angry Left have been attempting to turn

dave

Sep 23, 2008, 12:26:21 AM9/23/08
<snipped>

To me, it suggested that the newsers don't care about truth; they only care
about entertainment and propaganda.

Remysun

Sep 23, 2008, 2:24:10 AM9/23/08
On Sep 23, 12:26 am, "dave" <d...@fish.net> wrote:

> To me, it suggested that the newsers don't care about truth; they only care
> about entertainment and propaganda.

To me, they were making fun of liberalism, and the post-plagarism NY
Times.

Message has been deleted

tar~bal

Sep 24, 2008, 2:53:24 PM9/24/08

"Alric Knebel" <al...@cableone.net> wrote in message
> To me, they were making fun of NEWS, period. The accusations against
> all politicians all the time that put a story out, then stories that
> question the story, and on and on.
>
> I personally can't stand TV news anymore. CNN is downright fluffy. I
> only WISH it was liberal, so I can have somewhere to go to get the
> truth.

Interesting. So you've thought this through and not only are liberal news
sources the only truthful ones, but all liberal news sources are truthful.

Is that your final answer?

Message has been deleted

tar~bal

Sep 25, 2008, 7:07:49 AM9/25/08

> Are you saying liberal news sources CAN'T be truthful?

> Is that your final answer?

Answering a question with a question tells me more than you want me to know.

Antonio E. Gonzalez

Sep 25, 2008, 4:07:37 PM9/25/08

It worked for Socrates . . . or Aristotle, one of those Greek guys
. . .

KK

Sep 25, 2008, 4:25:54 PM9/25/08

Clay Aiken?

Message has been deleted

tar~bal

Sep 30, 2008, 8:58:26 AM9/30/08

> Your original comment was so stupid, I already knew what I needed to
> know.

Do you believe everything that you read from liberal news sources?