WE ARE UNITED! America finally at one

1 view

Angelo Delamuerte

Oct 25, 2001, 3:02:00 PM10/25/01
What follows is an article from the San Francisco Chronicle
Wed, 24 Oct 2001

"WASHINGTON - The Bush administration, fearing that it might lose the
public relations war in Muslim and Arab nations to Osama bin Laden, is
turning to Madison Avenue for help.
The State Department is talking to the Advertising Counsil, a
New York nonprofit group that develops advertising strategies for
national causes, about crafting a "public diplomacy" campaign on the
military action in Afghanistan and the war on terrorism.
Overseeing those talks is Charlotte Beers, the new
undersecretary of state for public diplomacy and a former J.Walter
Thompson advertising executive who started in the industry marketing
Uncle Ben's Rice."

WE ARE UNITED!
The Church, The State, Big Money, The Television and Entertainment
Industry...The News, Educational and Scientific communities...The
Ultra-Elite ruling class that just got granted another, what, $40
Billion?
Wonder where that money comes from....our taxes, maybe?
Indeed
WE ARE UNITED
by fear
and greed!

Shel Scott

Oct 25, 2001, 7:26:09 PM10/25/01
Angelo Delamuerte <kama...@earthlick.net> wrote:
>WE ARE UNITED by fear and greed!

Why is it that some morons mistake the way capitalist countries defend
their freedom for "greed"? Are they just too pig-headed to admit how
well such societies can mobilize resources? Sure looks that way.
--
): "I may make you feel, but I can't make you think" :(
(: Off the monitor, through the modem, nothing but net :)

Marc Sylvestre

Oct 25, 2001, 7:35:04 PM10/25/01

Angelo Delamuerte wrote in message ...

Well, its like sticks - a single stick can be broken easily, but a bunch of
sticks tied together are much stronger. That's why the 1st symbols fascists
used was a bundle of sticks.
Ironicly that is also known as a faggot.
Go figure.

Angelo Delamuerte

Oct 25, 2001, 8:57:13 PM10/25/01
Your accussation of me as a moron, shows your own hubris, your, as
well as all your type's, arrogance.
By making a rash supposition, and forwarding it as your main premise,
you err. You have never met me, but I am not a moron.
Are you a 'moron' Mr. S. Scott?
I don't know the answer to that, but given the mounting evidence, your
starting to build a case for yourself.

On Thu, 25 Oct 2001 23:26:09 GMT, ssc...@unispam.com (Shel Scott)

Angelo Delamuerte

Oct 25, 2001, 9:50:15 PM10/25/01
PS...
I am not Anti-Capitalist, per se
I fully believe in the principles of competition and free trade...
but we are living by a double standard.
The laws that apply to some, do not apply to all -- in what is branded
a Free and Liberated Land

"America -- Open for Business" Business as usual, too often a scam.
All the constant P.R. hype is losing it credability quick...Americans
are starting to know how to smell illegitimacy after 60 years of world
saturating propaganda.

200 of the richest people on Earth possess the same wealth as 2
billion others, and they are ensuring that the gap keeps widening, on
a field where all the refs are bought off, and every player is a
comodity, a host for a logo...and the fans are all just another prop
of the advertisement.

Wanna see the soul of 'modern' America?
Watch the WWF and the WCW
Real American Heroes!

wrote:

mmn...@mmnnoo.org

Oct 26, 2001, 12:51:01 AM10/26/01
Angelo Delamuerte wrote:

> What follows is an article from the San Francisco Chronicle
> Wed, 24 Oct 2001
>
> "WASHINGTON - The Bush administration, fearing that it might lose the
> public relations war in Muslim and Arab nations to Osama bin Laden, is
> turning to Madison Avenue for help.
> The State Department is talking to the Advertising Counsil,

Do you want us to believe that the Sand Francisco Chronicle cannot
spell "Council"? Are you making this stuff up or what?

Angelo Delamuerte

Oct 26, 2001, 6:18:02 AM10/26/01
ever hear of the word: typo?
I forgot, was this alt.politics.spelling.b?
Otherwise, the article (in quotes) is real.
the additional info, is what I wrote as commentary.
Sorry to throw such a curve to you.

Head on Stick

Oct 26, 2001, 8:26:32 AM10/26/01

"Angelo Delamuerte" <kama...@earthlick.net> wrote in message

> PS...
> I am not Anti-Capitalist, per se
> I fully believe in the principles of competition and free trade...
> but we are living by a double standard.
> The laws that apply to some, do not apply to all -- in what is branded
> a Free and Liberated Land

Explain this rash statement. I want to see this double standard over
cometition and free trade.

> "America -- Open for Business" Business as usual, too often a scam.
> All the constant P.R. hype is losing it credability quick...Americans
> are starting to know how to smell illegitimacy after 60 years of world
> saturating propaganda.
>
> 200 of the richest people on Earth possess the same wealth as 2
> billion others, and they are ensuring that the gap keeps widening, on
> a field where all the refs are bought off, and every player is a
> comodity, a host for a logo...and the fans are all just another prop
> of the advertisement.

Yes by all means, lets punish success, that will make America a stronger
nation.

> Wanna see the soul of 'modern' America?
> Watch the WWF and the WCW
> Real American Heroes!

So you like the Rock and Stone Cold huh?

Head on Stick

Oct 26, 2001, 8:27:41 AM10/26/01

"Marc Sylvestre" <msylv...@mindspring.com> wrote in message

Isn't the bundle of sticks with a ax the symbol of the EU?

Head on Stick

Oct 26, 2001, 8:29:29 AM10/26/01

> ever hear of the word: typo?
> I forgot, was this alt.politics.spelling.b?
> Otherwise, the article (in quotes) is real.
> the additional info, is what I wrote as commentary.
> Sorry to throw such a curve to you.

So we must concider the source. The San Francisco Chronicle is too lazy to
run a spell check but they always check that their souces are telling the
truth.

Angelo DelaMuerte

Oct 26, 2001, 2:56:14 PM10/26/01
are you on something, or just generally this obtuse...

It was my -bleep-ing typo, F.C.S!
not the SFChron.
I read it and typed it myself.

WAKE UP AMERICA!

Tempest

Oct 26, 2001, 7:52:57 PM10/26/01

Angelo Delamuerte wrote:

> ever hear of the word: typo?
> I forgot, was this alt.politics.spelling.b?
> Otherwise, the article (in quotes) is real.
> the additional info, is what I wrote as commentary.
> Sorry to throw such a curve to you.

Angelo, it helps to include the URL if you found it on the web. If you
read it on hard copy, please include the section and page number so that
those of us that like to check cites can find it easier.
Thanks.

"By means of shrewd lies, unremittingly repeated, it is possible to make
people believe that heaven is hell -- and hell heaven. The greater the
lie, the more readily it will be believed." Mein Kampf

Bert Hyman

Oct 26, 2001, 8:02:29 PM10/26/01

> Angelo Delamuerte wrote:
>>
>> ever hear of the word: typo?
>> I forgot, was this alt.politics.spelling.b?
>> Otherwise, the article (in quotes) is real.
>> the additional info, is what I wrote as commentary.
>> Sorry to throw such a curve to you.
>
> Angelo, it helps to include the URL if you found it on the web. If you
> read it on hard copy, please include the section and page number so that
> those of us that like to check cites can find it easier.
> Thanks.

It's pretty easy to find the San Francisco Chronicle's Web site if you're
seriously interested, but you mean you didn't read the same article in your
own hometown newspaper? It was in both the Minneapolis and St. Paul papers,
as well as the Baltimore Sun, Washington Post and New York Times.

You've never heard of the Advertising Council? They've been around since
WW-II, when they were called "The War Advertising Council", and this is
what they do.

http://www.adcouncil.org/

--
Bert Hyman St. Paul, MN be...@visi.com

Tempest

Oct 26, 2001, 8:15:20 PM10/26/01

Head on Stick wrote:

> "Angelo Delamuerte" <kama...@earthlick.net> wrote in message
> > ever hear of the word: typo?
> > I forgot, was this alt.politics.spelling.b?
> > Otherwise, the article (in quotes) is real.
> > the additional info, is what I wrote as commentary.
> > Sorry to throw such a curve to you.
> >
> So we must concider the source. The San Francisco Chronicle is too lazy to
> run a spell check but they always check that their souces are telling the
> truth.

Sure looks like you're the one who needs the spell checker.

And have you considered that Angelo read the article in hard copy and
posted it from that? Probably not since your a dumbass.

mmn...@mmnnoo.org

Oct 26, 2001, 9:31:13 PM10/26/01
Angelo Delamuerte wrote:

> ever hear of the word: typo?
> I forgot, was this alt.politics.spelling.b?
> Otherwise, the article (in quotes) is real.
> the additional info, is what I wrote as commentary.
> Sorry to throw such a curve to you.

> <snip>

I'm not normally a spelling nazi. I just didn't
expect a typo in a cut-and-paste from a newspaper,
and I didn't expect somebody to re-type an
article. My bad.

Tempest

Oct 26, 2001, 9:54:55 PM10/26/01

Bert Hyman wrote:

> In news:3BD9F759...@hotmail.com Tempest <tem...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>

> > Angelo Delamuerte wrote:
> >>
> >> ever hear of the word: typo?
> >> I forgot, was this alt.politics.spelling.b?
> >> Otherwise, the article (in quotes) is real.
> >> the additional info, is what I wrote as commentary.
> >> Sorry to throw such a curve to you.
> >
> > Angelo, it helps to include the URL if you found it on the web. If you
> > read it on hard copy, please include the section and page number so that
> > those of us that like to check cites can find it easier.
> > Thanks.
> >

> It's pretty easy to find the San Francisco Chronicle's Web site if you're
> seriously interested, but you mean you didn't read the same article in your
> own hometown newspaper? It was in both the Minneapolis and St. Paul papers,
> as well as the Baltimore Sun, Washington Post and New York Times.

I haven't gotten to today's paper yet. I was out of town all day.

And why should I have to search for something that should be given. If
you look at the articles that I post, I always include a link. Is it too
much to ask others for the same courtesy?

> You've never heard of the Advertising Council? They've been around since
> WW-II, when they were called "The War Advertising Council", and this is
> what they do.
>
> http://www.adcouncil.org/

And what does that have to do with the article specifically?

> --
> Bert Hyman St. Paul, MN be...@visi.com

Angelo Dela Muerte

Oct 26, 2001, 10:06:36 PM10/26/01
Thanks for the tip, Tempest...will do next time
On Fri, 26 Oct 2001 16:52:57 -0700, Tempest <tem...@hotmail.com>

Angelo Delamuerte

Oct 27, 2001, 2:39:34 AM10/27/01
On Fri, 26 Oct 2001 08:26:32 -0400, "Head on Stick"
<shu...@youdickhead.net> wrote:

>"Angelo Delamuerte" <kama...@earthlick.net> wrote in message
>> PS...
>> I am not Anti-Capitalist, per se
>> I fully believe in the principles of competition and free trade...
>> but we are living by a double standard.
>> The laws that apply to some, do not apply to all -- in what is branded
>> a Free and Liberated Land
>
>Explain this rash statement. I want to see this double standard over
>cometition and free trade.

Competition is a good thing that encourages innovation and personal
pride in an endeavor...but after a certain point, if you have become
successful (irregardless of what scruples you followed or trashed
along the way) you now are in a position to staunch other, less
established competion....and this is what inevitably seems to happen,
in a market where it is encouraged to DO ANYTHING YOU CAN to stay, "on
top"
That is not difficult, is it?

The playing field isn't even, when one team (or better yet, we'll say
league) owns all the stadiums (the infrastructure and real estate),
owns all the teams (the corporations), owns the refs (the police and
legal system), the cheerleaders (the bought off, or sold out beautiful
people) and has complete allegiance from its audience, who pays the
overinflated ticket price to produce the whole mindless spectacle (the
workers, the brainwashed, sensationalism worshipping masses). On top
of this they hoist up their meaningless mascots (branding and
ubquitous logos), which they actually stole from once meaningful
symbols, and use our God as merely some abstract standard for which
this is all supposed to be in honor. These team owners (and esp. the
league owners) are all of a similar philosophy, a fairly shallow one I
might add, and have no sense of aesthetics or subtlety, except in
matters of diversion, collusion and blame transferring. They pit
equally sneaky and brutal teams vs. one another, and stage it like a
fair competition, but its all really rigged (politics).
The audience is aware of the duplicity, but plays along anyway,
because they are in desperate need to be entertained, and realize that
without all the schmalzy hype (advertisements) and fanfare (BIG
SALE!/BIG SHOW!/the Infotainment industry), they would have to face
their entirely tedius (hard working), vacant (going nowhere fast) and
depressing (lack of valid meaning) lives.
This "Price is Right" extravaganza (the Market) is certainly not a
fair playing field. It is rigged to keep challengers playing by
their slanted rules, meanwhile stealing their innovative tactics and
taking advantage of the spectacle to increase ticket sales (News Hour
Scandals).
When the big bosses convened in Genoa, and bought all the police in
the country...and all the polititians, as well as the media too...then
incited horrible rioting and counter attacks on an uprecedentedly huge
group of 99.99% purely pacifist protesters (the very violent black
blocker were also plants)....then smeared the entire protest,
forgiving their own brutality, and blaming it falsly on the
objectors....
there is a double standard......

I Thank Tempest for bringing this quote to my attention:

"By means of shrewd lies, unremittingly repeated, it is possible to
make people believe that heaven is hell -- and hell heaven. The
greater the lie, the more readily it will be believed." Mein Kampf

WAKE UP AMERICA!

Tempest

Oct 27, 2001, 1:20:55 PM10/27/01

Your welcome. But Mike Blackford deserves the credit since he posted it
first.
I felt it captured the right wingnut mantra all too well and adopted it
to make a point.

BTW, excellent description of the double standard. I was hoping you
would bring in the WTO and based upon your last paragraph, I wasn't
disappointed.

Mike Blackford

Oct 27, 2001, 3:49:42 PM10/27/01
Tempest wrote:

> Angelo Delamuerte wrote:

<snip>

> > This "Price is Right" extravaganza (the Market) is certainly not a
> > fair playing field. It is rigged to keep challengers playing by
> > their slanted rules, meanwhile stealing their innovative tactics and
> > taking advantage of the spectacle to increase ticket sales (News Hour
> > Scandals).
> > When the big bosses convened in Genoa, and bought all the police in
> > the country...and all the polititians, as well as the media too...then
> > incited horrible rioting and counter attacks on an uprecedentedly huge
> > group of 99.99% purely pacifist protesters (the very violent black
> > blocker were also plants)....then smeared the entire protest,
> > forgiving their own brutality, and blaming it falsly on the
> > objectors....
> > there is a double standard......
> >
> > I Thank Tempest for bringing this quote to my attention:
>
> Your welcome. But Mike Blackford deserves the credit since he posted it first.
> I felt it captured the right wingnut mantra all too well and adopted it
> to make a point.
>
> BTW, excellent description of the double standard. I was hoping you
> would bring in the WTO and based upon your last paragraph, I wasn't
> disappointed.

<snip>

> "By means of shrewd lies, unremittingly repeated, it is possible to make
> people believe that heaven is hell -- and hell heaven. The greater the
> lie, the more readily it will be believed." Mein Kampf

There is no question in my mind that the radicalized reich wing has
adopted the strategy of deceit and falsehoods, and that it has been
ramped up in the last 2-10 years. Many of these lies don't even pass
the most cursory scrutiny, but the American public doesn't even give it
that much, being addicted to superficial and propagandistic
infomercials, cults of allegations without analysis, and tabloid
journalism. Some examples of the most blatant deceits ...

[1] The unrelentingly smarmy attacks on Gore, alleging that he claimed
to "invent the Internet". The fact is that Gore *never* made this claim,
or anything close to it. What Gore did claim (justifiably) is that IN
CONGRESS he "took the initiative" in supporting the development of the
public Internet. This is true. Gore was one of few congresscritters
with the ability to understand the implications of the Internet in both
commercial and public communications. Other congresscritters didn't
want to be bothered. Gore was the first to use the term "information
superhighway" ... a politically intuitive way to associate the Internet
with the Interstate highway system that was ALSO funded predominantly
from DOD funds.

The evil beauty of such a lie is that it takes only a 2 second sound
bite to throw such a lie-based ridicule out, and several minutes of
honest analysis to describe Gore's *real* contributions. The broadcast
media allowed/invited a smear-to-honesty ratio of about 100 to 1 on this
single point alone. Such lies are like bullets ... the cure takes far
longer than the assault. Furthermore, the liars effectively prevent the
public from recognizing a very REAL contribution Gore made in
promulgating internet technology from a federal forum, converting a
political asset into a political liability in the (deluded) minds of the
public.

[2] Such lies about Gore weren't limited to his internet contributions.
They threw ridicule at him for his excellent advocacy of victims of
toxic waste by falsely alleging that Gore claimed to have "discovered"
Love Canal. This is another total misrepresentation of Gore's efforts
on behalf of the victims of other toxic waste sites, where Gore gathered
together the evidence about Love Canal and applied it to other similar
atrocities (in his home state of Tennessee) to obtain federal support
for those victims.

[3] In the election furor about the Palm Beach "butterfly ballot", Karl
Rove and Karen Hughes concocted yet another COMPLETE and TOTAL fraud.
They alleged that a similar ballot was used in Cook County, Illinois,
for the same election in which Jesse Jackson, Jr. was elected. This, of
course, latched into the bigotries and prejudices of the reich-wing who,
like their apartheid forebears, detest an "uppity" black who "don't know
his place" (like J.C. Watts, I suppose).
This "news" spread like wildfire in the dry brush that the media has
planted on the hillsides of our political process. It was reported
repeatedly as a front-page item, and cited repeatedly as a 'fact' by
reich-wing propagandists like O'Reichlly and Limpballs. Rove and Hughes
trotted this out on Nightline, even to the point of displaying a "copy"
of the ballot for the camera. Nightline carried this at the head of
their broadcast and gave it nearly 5 minutes of air time. The very next
evening, at the end of a delayed Nightline broadcast, in a very low key
fashion, Koppel reported that there WAS NO TRUTH WHATSOEVER that such a
ballot was used in Cook County. He then quoted Rove and Hughes as
respond that they were "misled" about it. That's total and utter
bullshit. Rove and Hughes originally reported it as a verified and
investigated "fact" which they'd personally checked out ... even to the
point of having the (forged and fabricated) "copy" of the supposed
ballot. To this very day, reich-wing ditto heads still make this
claim. Not once did the talking heads like O'Reichly or Limpballs EVER
retract their comments ... even continuing to repeat this lie long after
Nightline reported the fraud (and Rove and Hughes "retraction").

In 2000, originally thinking that Bush might be a reasonable candidate,
I was fairly diligent in doing fact checking ... on allegations made by
both sides. I was overwhelmed by the volume of lies coming from the
reich. They numbered in the dozens that I was personally able to
research. I found absolutely none coming from the "centrist" Democrats.

That brings up another LIE ... that Clinton and/or Gore are somehow
"liberal". This is total horseshit. Clinton's "claim to fame" is
actually that he was allied with the "DLC" ... a leadership movement
within the Democratic Party that was initiated by conservative
Democrats. The "liberal" Democrats (Kennedy, Cuomo, etc.) lost control
in their own party. The conservative Democrats from the south are those
who've remained in the Democratic Party after the extreme right-wing
Dixiecrats (bigots and segregationists) migrated to the Republican Party
in the 70's. From the perspective of folks that've slid so far to the
right that they're indistinguishable from Fascists, *everyone* else is
"liberal" ... even John Breaux who's the remaining almost-Dixiecrat in
the Democratic Party.

FWIW, I'm *antipartisan* ... having voted for slightly more Republicans
in my life than *both* Democrats and other party candidates. My
antipartisanship precludes me from voting for *ANY* Republican in the
foreseeable future ... since it's pretty clear to me that their Party
attitude in relation to the country is indistinguishable from the
Communist Party's attitude ... monopolistic and totalitarian. There is
almost no discernible allegiance on the part of these folks that would
EVER allow them to place the nation's interests above party interests.
This was abundantly clear when Shrub, during the campaign, made it clear
that the reason he was against campaign finance reform was because it
wasn't good for the Republican Party. (That's almost a direct quote.)
That was, for me, an astonishing remark (repeated several times) for a
presidential candidate ... that the good of his party was a higher
priority for him than the good of the country.

A note about partisanship: Too many folks view the political process in
this country like some people view a soccer match. Their ability to see
a foul is ENTIRELY associated with the color of the jersey of the player
... incapable of seeing such a foul on the team they support and seeing
fouls where they don't exist from the "other" team. These folks don't
love soccer. They love "winning" -- at any cost, including riots,
assaults, and killings.

Most of these "fans" have no ability to play the game themselves, and
have been paid NOTHING to call themselves "fans". To view a political
process as a zero-sum game is moral bankruptcy ... having absolutely no
legitimate foundation in the principles of our nation. The Founding
Fathers were legitimately wary of political parties ... seeing them as
antithetical to open political discourse and the good of the country.
They *KNEW* how such partisanship had eroded liberties and freedoms in
other countries. They knew (and wrote about) how that means to an end
would almost invariably become an end, in and of itself. Unless politics
is played as a "win-win" game, it does not serve human freedoms, but
serves to foment division and enmity between the citizens of a nation.

--
"The streets of our country are in turmoil. The universities are filled
with students rebelling and rioting. Communists are seeking to destroy

Bert Hyman

Oct 27, 2001, 4:06:11 PM10/27/01

For you, who needs everything spoon fed, apparently nothing.

Tempest

Oct 27, 2001, 4:50:56 PM10/27/01

Oh look, a comment from the peanut gallery. Seems to be a less than full
gallery too.

> --
> Bert Hyman St. Paul, MN be...@visi.com

Bert Hyman

Oct 27, 2001, 5:12:10 PM10/27/01
In news:3BDB1E30...@hotmail.com Tempest <tem...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Bert Hyman wrote:
>>
>> In news:3BDA13EF...@hotmail.com Tempest <tem...@hotmail.com>

>> wrote:
>>

>> > And what does that have to do with the article specifically?
>> >
>> For you, who needs everything spoon fed, apparently nothing.
>
> Oh look, a comment from the peanut gallery. Seems to be a less than full
> gallery too.

You apparently doesn't read newspapers or watch the news on TV. Either
that, or you don't understand or remember what you see.

Further, you don't seem to have any knowlege of American history which
would allow you to place into context anything you read.

Too bad.

Tempest

Oct 27, 2001, 6:08:48 PM10/27/01

Bert Hyman wrote:

> In news:3BDB1E30...@hotmail.com Tempest <tem...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Bert Hyman wrote:

> >> For you, who needs everything spoon fed, apparently nothing.
> >
> > Oh look, a comment from the peanut gallery. Seems to be a less than full
> > gallery too.
>
> You apparently doesn't read newspapers or watch the news on TV. Either
> that, or you don't understand or remember what you see.
>
> Further, you don't seem to have any knowlege of American history which
> would allow you to place into context anything you read.
>
> Too bad.

Too bad you don't understand either. When was the last time you read
anything other than the right wing slant? When was the last time you
ever read anything beyond US borders?

Your lack of knowledge of anything beyond your own nose is frightening.

> --
> Bert Hyman St. Paul, MN be...@visi.com

Bert Hyman

Oct 27, 2001, 6:31:35 PM10/27/01

> Bert Hyman wrote:

>> > Oh look, a comment from the peanut gallery. Seems to be a less than full
>> > gallery too.
>>
>> You apparently doesn't read newspapers or watch the news on TV. Either
>> that, or you don't understand or remember what you see.
>>
>> Further, you don't seem to have any knowlege of American history which
>> would allow you to place into context anything you read.
>>
>> Too bad.
>
> Too bad you don't understand either. When was the last time you read
> anything other than the right wing slant? When was the last time you
> ever read anything beyond US borders?

Fascinating. You don't read (or understand) the posts in this very thread,
either.