Old spy movie reviewed....

smileydog

Nov 13, 2009, 6:47:36 PM11/13/09

Hey Google groupies, I have to think our local bookstore for turning
me on to this classic 1973 spy movie, exploring issues of racial
integration in "the company".

Thumbs up, worth watching...

http://controlroom.blogspot.com/2009/11/spook-who-sat-by-door-movie-review.html
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0070726/

Also a pleasure:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWQf13B8epw (recruiting commercial,
competing service)

Might show that at upcoming private party.

Kirby

Parked:

From: kirby urner
Date: Thu, Nov 12, 2009 at 3:33 PM
Subject: Martian Math on Wikieducator
To: Math-teach Teach <math-...@mathforum.org>

"""
We might imagine a culture (Martians?) in which people said "five
triangled" and "five tetrahedroned" -- but maybe that have shorter
words for these shapes, as we do for square and cube (because we
say them so often).
"""
[ http://mathforum.org/kb/message.jspa?messageID=1484872&tstart=0 ]

We've got a Martian Math page for math teachers on-line, for those
wishing to teach something completely different for a change:

http://www.wikieducator.org/Martian_Math

Kirby Urner

PSF 09 (python.org)
board member, ISEPP (isepp.org)
Oregon Curriculum Network
sponsor: 4dsolutions.net

smileydog

Nov 14, 2009, 4:38:42 PM11/14/09
Still being blocked by censorship team, fortunately we have other
newsgroups for getting the word out re Martian Math (something
American Dad likely knows about).

Kirby

From: kirby

Date: Sat, Nov 14, 2009 at 1:20 PM
Subject: Martian Math (link to blurb)
To: kirby

Here's a blurb posted earlier today @ Math Forum (Drexel University):

http://mathforum.org/kb/thread.jspa?threadID=2006293&tstart=0

As you'll read in the blurb, this is about spicing up your
curriculum, for when you sense students are bored with
the standard fare.

Sometimes understanding of X is sharpened when not X (~X) is
used for contrast, and Martian Math, contrasted with Earthling Math,
might indeed be a source of "Eureka!" moments for some students.

Kirby Urner
4Dsolutions.net

Python Software Foundation (member)
Institute for Science, Engineering & Public Policy (board)

On Nov 13, 3:47 pm, smileydog <kirby.ur...@gmail.com> wrote:

<< trim >>