Federal government going bankrupt?

1 view

lcc

Sep 29, 2009, 7:59:35 AM9/29/09
http://groups.google.com/group/lonnie-courtney-clay/browse_thread/thread/b187b5e90ab98930?hl=en
has a discussion of what to do when the federal government monetizes
the debt. I invite comments on this thread...

Pete

Sep 29, 2009, 9:08:47 AM9/29/09

"lcc" <clayl...@comcast.net> wrote in message

> http://groups.google.com/group/lonnie-courtney-clay/browse_thread/thread/b187b5e90ab98930?hl=en
> has a discussion of what to do when the federal government monetizes
> the debt. I invite comments on this thread...

By definition the gov't cannot go bankrupt.
They can however print so much money as to cause hyper-inflation and ruin an
economy.
That appears to be our future under Obama.
-Pete

lcc

Sep 29, 2009, 9:46:37 AM9/29/09
On Sep 29, 8:08 am, "Pete" <P...@nowhereatall.org> wrote:
> By definition the gov't cannot go bankrupt.
> They can however print so much money as to cause hyper-inflation and ruin an
> economy.
> That appears to be our future under Obama.
> -Pete

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alongside_Night

Lonnie Courtney Clay

presidentbyamendment

Sep 29, 2009, 11:22:45 AM9/29/09

I said the USA/Fed is bankrupt on Aug. 30. presidentbyamendment.com/
crisis.html

As noted by the respondant above, I mean by analogy,
where a hyperinflasive collapse is analagous to a business bankruptcy.
The people that need to pull the plug on the USA as a failed
enterprise is
the several States, as suggested at presidentbyamendment.com

Robert Zoellick of the World Bank said yesterday that the USA is in
danger
of losing the global reserve currency status of the dollar. That's
what the USA
will lose that it will never get back if it goes hyperinflasive. That
status has greatly
enriched this nation, according to Zoellick. IT's quite a luxury to be
able to pay
international debts in your own currency.

RH

Michael Coburn

Sep 29, 2009, 11:26:56 AM9/29/09

Actually, it is your past due to Republicans. It was Republicans that
fomented and allowed the huge expansion of credit while cutting taxes and
making war. The dollar is the reserve currency of the world and will
remain so. And all the debt must be paid in dollars. That is only
possible through devaluation; through printing of more dollars. It will
run its course over the next several years.

--
"Those are my opinions and you can't have em" -- Bart Simpson

lcc

Sep 29, 2009, 1:39:45 PM9/29/09
On Sep 29, 10:22 am, presidentbyamendment <rick_hohen...@email.com>
wrote:

> I said the USA/Fed is bankrupt on Aug. 30.    presidentbyamendment.com/
> crisis.html
>
> As noted by the respondant above, I mean by analogy,
> where a hyperinflasive collapse is analagous to a business bankruptcy.
> The people that need to pull the plug on the USA as a failed
> enterprise is
> the several States, as suggested at  presidentbyamendment.com
>
> Robert Zoellick of the World Bank said yesterday that the USA is in
> danger
> of losing the global reserve currency status of the dollar. That's
> what the USA
> will lose that it will never get back if it goes hyperinflasive. That
> status has greatly
> enriched this nation, according to Zoellick. IT's quite a luxury to be
> able to pay
> international debts in your own currency.
>
> RH

I looked at your web site and was amused to find that :
'Richard Allen Hohensee' anagrams to 'Oh! Enhanced hell-raiser.'
Call a Constitutional Convention? Absolutely and for sure!
Make you President? No way Jose!

If I had my way, there would be a gutted federal government with the
executive branch reduced to implementing legislation of a Congress
composed of citizen legislators who are proxy representatives of
regular citizens. No fixed federal districts, all at large. No fixed
terms, all proxies revocable or transferable at a moment's notice. No
elections, even the President serving by unanimous consent of the
governed, or at least a solid majority of proxies. No states, have 500
"city" states instead based upon standard metropolitan statistical
areas. Keep the flag as-is with each star representing ten city states
more or less. Then America would REALLY be a Democratic Republic.

In case there is some misunderstanding, I would refuse to hold office
in any government because I despise politics. I want to EVISCERATE big
government. It is guilty of all of King George's sins enumerated by
the founding fathers plus a horde of newer sins that old George never
dreamed possible. Worst of all is taxation eating 40%+ of GDP. If I
had my way, there would be NO compulsory taxation. The government
would raise money from user fees, voluntary taxes, and donations. A
voluntary tax is described in the link given in the original post on
this thread. Some might say that it is a knife at the throat of Joe
Citizen, but I respond that if Joe is a gambler, he might find it
worthwhile to pay only when necessary for his personal
circumstances...

Lonnie Courtney Clay

presidentbyamendment

Oct 1, 2009, 10:04:26 AM10/1/09
On Sep 29, 1:39 pm, lcc <claylon...@comcast.net> wrote:
> On Sep 29, 10:22 am, presidentbyamendment <rick_hohen...@email.com>
> wrote:
>

> > I said the USA/Fed is bankrupt on Aug. 30.    presidentbyamendment.com/
> > crisis.html
>
> > As noted by the respondant above, I mean by analogy,
> > where a hyperinflasive collapse is analagous to a business bankruptcy.
> > The people that need to pull the plug on the USA as a failed
> > enterprise is
> > the several States, as suggested at  presidentbyamendment.com
>
> > Robert Zoellick of the World Bank said yesterday that the USA is in
> > danger
> > of losing the global reserve currency status of the dollar. That's
> > what the USA
> > will lose that it will never get back if it goes hyperinflasive. That
> > status has greatly
> > enriched this nation, according to Zoellick. IT's quite a luxury to be
> > able to pay
> > international debts in your own currency.
>
> > RH
>
> I looked at your web site and was amused to find that :
> 'Richard Allen Hohensee' anagrams to 'Oh! Enhanced hell-raiser.'
> Call a Constitutional Convention? Absolutely and for sure!
> Make you President? No way Jose!

So who do you propose implement my proposal? You?

> If I had my way, there would be a gutted federal government with the
> executive branch reduced to implementing legislation of a Congress
> composed of citizen legislators who are proxy representatives of
> regular citizens. No fixed federal districts, all at large. No fixed
> terms, all proxies revocable or transferable at a moment's notice. No
> elections, even the President serving by unanimous consent of the
> governed, or at least a solid majority of proxies. No states, have 500
> "city" states instead based upon standard metropolitan statistical
> areas. Keep the flag as-is with each star representing ten city states
> more or less. Then America would REALLY be a Democratic Republic.
>
> In case there is some misunderstanding, I would refuse to hold office
> in any government because I despise politics. I want to EVISCERATE big
> government. It is guilty of all of King George's sins enumerated by
> the founding fathers plus a horde of newer sins that old George never
> dreamed possible. Worst of all is taxation eating 40%+ of GDP. If I
> had my way, there would be NO compulsory taxation. The government
> would raise money from user fees, voluntary taxes, and donations. A
> voluntary tax is described in the link given in the original post on
> this thread. Some might say that it is a knife at the throat of Joe
> Citizen, but I respond that if Joe is a gambler, he might find it
> worthwhile to pay only when necessary for his personal
> circumstances...
>

> Lonnie Courtney Clay- Hide quoted text -

I don't think we have to worry about a President Lonnie Clay any time
soon.

But thanks for reading my stuff.

RH
presidentbyamendment.com

presidentbyamendment

Oct 1, 2009, 10:05:20 AM10/1/09
On Sep 29, 1:39 pm, lcc <claylon...@comcast.net> wrote:
> Lonnie Courtney Clay- Hide quoted text -

And thanks for the exquisite anagram. Very nice. Will quote, with
attribution.

RH

lcc

Oct 1, 2009, 1:37:20 PM10/1/09
On Oct 1, 9:05 am, presidentbyamendment <rick_hohen...@email.com>
wrote:

> And thanks for the exquisite anagram. Very nice. Will quote, with
> attribution.
>
> RH

http://www.anagramgenius.com/
lets you find an anagram for any text up to 32 characters. That is
what I used.

Lonnie Courtney Clay

lcc

Oct 5, 2009, 5:14:53 AM10/5/09
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7VPJHfmP3g4

Federal reserve manipulates stock market? Weasel on hot seat before
Congressman...

Lonnie Courtney Clay

lcc

Oct 5, 2009, 5:37:40 AM10/5/09
Message has been deleted

lcc

Oct 5, 2009, 9:29:22 AM10/5/09
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9WOhNBNZEA

ABCNEWS Alan Greenspan speaks : "assuage the angst" and unemployment
to top 10%.

Lonnie Courtney Clay

lcc

Oct 5, 2009, 9:50:20 AM10/5/09
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LhPpzWZDyx0

Peter Schiff: Americans must prepare for deepening unemployment,
inflation and possible breadlines.

Lonnie Courtney Clay

lcc

Oct 5, 2009, 6:46:33 PM10/5/09
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndzpUcS86lM

Marc Faber comments on dollar and economy.

Lonnie Courtney Clay

BeamMeUpScotty

Oct 5, 2011, 7:24:02 PM10/5/11
On Mon, 5 Oct 2009 02:56:46 -0700 (PDT), lcc <clayl...@comcast.net>