Urgent Plea to the U. S. Senate

john_thomas_maxson

Oct 10, 2002, 3:10:54 PM10/10/02
Please do not give President Bush the power to make
preemptive strikes until he has explained the official
cover-up of the true causes for the Challenger (space
shuttle) catastrophe to the American people.

John Thomas Maxson - www.mission.51l.com

musicmkr

Oct 10, 2002, 3:28:16 PM10/10/02

You're a moron, I'm a licensed Engineer, and I did my thesis on the
challenger.

I beg you to tell us what this cover up that you have dreamed up is all
about. I can only imagine what you've come up with in your small pea
sized brain.

I can tell you that the challenger exploded because of a faulty primary
and secondary O-ring configuration. This is common knowledge.

Since you are no rocket scientist... Rubber becomes hard as it gets
cold, and it also contracts. The frigid temperatures at Kennedy Space
center that morning were beyond the operating range of the rubber
O-ring. This led to a leak of exhaust gasses through the joint that the
rings were supposed to seal. The leak of exhaust gasses caused the
explosion of the craft.

john_thomas_maxson

Oct 10, 2002, 3:54:14 PM10/10/02
Google shows that Musicmkr.com is no longer in business.
Is that an indication of your posting authenticity?

musicmkr <musi...@musicmkr.com> wrote in message

> john_thomas_maxson wrote:
> > Please do not give President Bush the power to make
> > preemptive strikes until he has explained the official
> > cover-up of the true causes for the Challenger (space
> > shuttle) catastrophe to the American people.
> >
> > John Thomas Maxson - www.mission.51l.com
> >
> You're a moron, I'm a licensed Engineer, and I did my thesis
> on the challenger.

Well, then you must understand that NASA's fault-tree analysis
left out 50% of the tree -- the 50% which must be considered in
the event that the boosters crossed paths within the fireball.

JTM

musicmkr

Oct 10, 2002, 4:02:38 PM10/10/02

you idiot, musicmkr.com is not a company, i own the fucking website.

musicmkr

Oct 10, 2002, 4:05:11 PM10/10/02

And in any event, what the hell is the difference what booster it was,
and weather they crossed. The explosion was caused how i previously
stated it. The boosters are identical and which side it occurred on is
irrelevant. There is no cover up.

Arnie Macy

Oct 10, 2002, 4:01:15 PM10/10/02
"musicmkr" wrote ...

"You're a moron, I'm a licensed Engineer, and I did my thesis on the
challenger. I beg you to tell us what this cover up that you have dreamed
up is all about. I can only imagine what you've come up with in your small
pea sized brain. I can tell you that the challenger exploded because of a
faulty primary and secondary O-ring configuration. This is common knowledge.
Since you are no rocket scientist... Rubber becomes hard as it gets cold,
and it also contracts. The frigid temperatures at Kennedy Space center that
morning were beyond the operating range of the rubber O-ring. This led to a
leak of exhaust gasses through the joint that the rings were supposed to
seal. The leak of exhaust gasses caused the explosion of the craft."

Even though I am not an engineer, I think most of us who ever worked on an
engine clearly understand the concept you explained. How these cover-up
"theories" can still make the light of day -- sheesh.

Arnie -

john_thomas_maxson

Oct 10, 2002, 4:14:37 PM10/10/02

> > john_thomas_maxson wrote:
> > Google shows that Musicmkr.com is no longer in business.
> > Is that an indication of your posting authenticity?
>
> you idiot, musicmkr.com is not a company, i own the fucking
> website.

http://makeashorterlink.com/?A3E022212

JTM

john_thomas_maxson

Oct 10, 2002, 4:20:18 PM10/10/02

> > john_thomas_maxson wrote:
> >
> > Well, then you must understand that NASA's fault-tree analysis
> > left out 50% of the tree -- the 50% which must be considered in
> > the event that the boosters crossed paths within the fireball.
>
> And in any event, what the hell is the difference what booster it
> was, and weather they crossed.

If the right booster emerged with no plume/flare, Rogers' O-ring
theory becomes invalid. "Weather?" That wasn't as important as
undisclosed cryo cold-soaking of the *left* booster, prior to launch.

JTM

Republican@never.again Embarrassed Republican

Oct 10, 2002, 4:30:58 PM10/10/02
Arnie...
He may have something here.
Morton Thiocol took the hit because of the Ronald Reagan forced
change over from Rockwell to Lockheed and Martin.
Lots of political fall out from this.
Punishment never got to the upper Decision makers

Martin had been having a series of unsucessful rockets test off of CC/CK
for years.
Lockeheed failed miserably with the C5A. Remember those days.

During Vanguard it took the Naval Research Labs to get Vanguard II off to a
sucessuful launch.
Martins Quality Control has always been suspect. In this particular case
most of the
wiring connection were corroded and all the wiring had to be redone.

There is a salute called the Martin Marietta Salute...
When something happens usually wrong. The management askes who did it.
And everyone snaps to attention arms crossed, backs straight, Heads up and
fingers pointing out.

I watched all the launches until 1986 from about 1 to 10 miles away. Plus a
few non manned launches.
I also was there for the night Launch one month before Challenger.
That one should not have been launched. But the order was to do it anyway.
Ronald Reagans administration was trying to force
the costs down and did not care about the dangers.

That February day was real cold. Icycles were on the trees.
Some 4 feet long. It was an amazing day.
Orange Orchards were being destroyed by the cold.

Later that day the Challenger got to 50k ft and exploded.
What the public does not know was that NASA took out
the Parachute recovery system to save money.

The Captsule the Astronaunts were in blew free of the Challenger.
They were crushed on impact when they hit the ocean.
They were still alive when they hit the ocean.
They were all found together on the ocean floor.

ER

"Arnie Macy" <kt...@csam.net> wrote in message

john_thomas_maxson

Oct 10, 2002, 4:26:40 PM10/10/02
Arnie Macy <kt...@csam.net> wrote in message

> Even though I am not an engineer, I think most of us who
> ever worked on an engine clearly understand the concept
> you explained.

That's what Rogers intended -- pistons have O-rings, condoms
have O-rings, and donut holes have O-rings. Everyone knows
what happens when any of those get overly cold.

> How these cover-up "theories" can still make the light of day
> -- sheesh.

If not for the cover-ups, they wouldn't. (Mine is conclusion.)

JTM

john_thomas_maxson

Oct 10, 2002, 4:55:18 PM10/10/02
Embarrassed Republican <Embarrased Repub...@Never.Again>
wrote in message news:nclp9.276$46.17@fe01...

> The Captsule the Astronaunts were in blew free of the Challenger.
> They were crushed on impact when they hit the ocean.
> They were still alive when they hit the ocean.
> They were all found together on the ocean floor.
>
> ER

Well, ER, up until this point you got most of what you were
saying right, and I applaud you for speaking your mind.

However, consider for a moment (if you will) that NASA's
first news release (by Moore) assumed the crew was killed
during the main blast -- then try to visualize what would have
happened if a rocket traveling at ~2000 ft./sec. "nosed-into"
the LOX tank in front of their windshield (just when they
were running out of hydrogen fuel)!

JTM

Republican@never.again Embarrassed Republican

Oct 10, 2002, 5:27:55 PM10/10/02
John...I was there..and cannot discuss beyond this NG

The Captule was blown free with practically no damage.
Sort of like pealing the skin off a Grape.

ER

"john_thomas_maxson" <max...@mission51l.com> wrote in message

john_thomas_maxson

Oct 10, 2002, 5:38:30 PM10/10/02
wrote in message news:M1mp9.294$46.240@fe01...

> John...I was there..and cannot discuss beyond this NG

Since I went forward with a warning to the Senate about the
cryo leaks prior to the disaster, and have since paid the price
for doing so, I don't have your problem.

> The Captule was blown free with practically no damage.

Since you can't tell me what your idea of "practically" is,
let me say this. The piece (not the skin) which AW&ST
called the "crew module" remained hot enough to form a
*continuing vapor trail*, as did part of the forward RCS.

> Sort of like pealing the skin off a Grape.

I agree that the skin got peeled off. That's what NASA
called the "crew cabin."

JTM

lvaughn

Oct 10, 2002, 5:34:01 PM10/10/02

Good one, but would it not be more appropriate for the congress not to
give him authorization for preemptive strikes until he explains why
they still are covering up fluoridating the water?

I mean really the Challenger only affects a few.

But their are more serious problems like the tootsy fly coverup.

Those tootsey fly's are a real problem.

john_thomas_maxson

Oct 10, 2002, 7:02:42 PM10/10/02
lvaughn <lva...@citlink.net> wrote in message

> I mean really the Challenger only affects a few.

I don't think you know much about Reaganomics
or Bushomics and their consequences. The real
story about Challenger should be public knowledge.

JTM

conp...@voyager.net

Oct 10, 2002, 8:09:34 PM10/10/02
On Thu, 10 Oct 2002 14:10:54 -0500, "john_thomas_maxson"
<max...@mission51l.com> wrote:
Oh, bru-u-u-ther-r-r-r, what a loon this guy is!

Cheerio,

Dennis

Chuck Stewart

Oct 10, 2002, 8:45:09 PM10/10/02
"john_thomas_maxson" <max...@mission51l.com> wrote in

<snip blather>

> John Thomas Maxson

John Thomas Maxson is an exceptionally bitter person who has been
trying to convince everyone on sci.space.shuttle that the men and
women of NASA murdered the crew of the Challenger in cold blood...
on orders from the Reagan administration.

He's been trying to flood sci.space.shuttle with posts by
crossposting to alt political groups.

He is supposed to be an ex-Lockheed employee who was, in his own
words, given a choice between getting mental help or being walked
off the work site. He chose to walk.

Unfortunately for the world his troubles at work and termination
happened to coincide with a national tragedy, and he convinced
himself that it was all about him...

JTM self-published a book about it and cannot figure out why people
don't buy very many copies.

Then he discovered s.s.shuttle, tried to set forth his
"cold-soaked booster-crossings" theories there, and had them
mercilessly torn apart by a technically competent audience .

Unable to defend his assertions, he's been out for vindication and
revenge ever since.

--
Chuck Stewart

"Anime-style catgirls: Threat? Menace? Or just studying algebra?"

Mike Speegle

Oct 10, 2002, 8:47:46 PM10/10/02
In news:3da616a3$0$1450$272e...@news.execpc.com, conp...@voyager.net
spake:
[s.s.s. snipped as we've had our fill of this guy]

Congratulations! You got it in one! ;-)
--
Mike
"Colorado Ski Country, USA" Come often. Ski hard.

john_thomas_maxson

Oct 10, 2002, 9:37:37 PM10/10/02
You're like Hitler, AnonyMouse. You think if you tell
your lies long enough, people will believe them.

Chuck Stewart <zapk...@gmx.co.uk> wrote in message

> John Thomas Maxson is an exceptionally bitter person who has been
> trying to convince everyone on sci.space.shuttle that the men and
> women of NASA murdered the crew of the Challenger in cold blood...
> on orders from the Reagan administration.

<snipped same old *tired* tirade>

JTM

Arnie Macy

Oct 10, 2002, 10:57:49 PM10/10/02
"john_thomas_maxson" wrote ...

"I don't think you know much about Reaganomics or Bushomics and their
consequences. The real story about Challenger should be public knowledge."

The "real" story about the Challenger is out there already. It was probably
one of the most independently investigated accidents in history. And guess
what -- they all came to the same conclusion -- faulty o-rings.

What about Carter-nomics and Clinton-nomics (one gave us run-away inflation
and the other a fairy tale "bubble" stock market) -- Oh, they don't count,
they were Democrats; my bad.

Arnie -

Message has been deleted

Alan Erskine

Oct 11, 2002, 1:26:24 PM10/11/02
Grapes don't get peeled at 20 or so times the force of gravity!!! The crew
were either dead or nearly dead just from that!.

JTM is an unadulterated nutcase and you have just joined him in the rubber
room!

And it's "capsule"....

"Embarrassed Republican" <Embarrased Repub...@Never.Again> wrote in

message news:M1mp9.294$46.240@fe01...

Alan Erskine

Oct 11, 2002, 1:30:38 PM10/11/02
JTM, why don't you post video of the boosters "crossing paths" on your
site?????

"musicmkr" <musi...@musicmkr.com> wrote in message

john_thomas_maxson

Oct 11, 2002, 1:49:28 PM10/11/02
Alan Erskine <alane...@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message

> JTM, why don't you post video of the boosters
> "crossing paths" on your site?????

With your posting history (especially in sci.space.history), you
don't deserve answers to your questions. That is particularly
true of ridiculous ones like the above.

JTM

Mar...@city.net

Oct 11, 2002, 2:27:13 PM10/11/02

"You" john really need to get a life and move on.

JF Mezei

Oct 11, 2002, 2:49:59 PM10/11/02
How about:

In exchange for JTM stopping his unveiling of the conspiracy secrets, the USA
Senate agrees to fully fund the Space Station to include the HAB and
sufficient escape pods to support station crew of 7 ?

Mike Speegle

Oct 11, 2002, 3:47:59 PM10/11/02
In news:3DA71D4F...@videotron.ca, JF Mezei spake:

I'll but that! ;-)