Sowing the seeds of future terrorism.

JustTheFacts

Sep 22, 2002, 11:48:39 AM9/22/02
GAO Says Pentagon Can't Keep Track of Weapons Donated to Other Countries

By Matt Kelley Associated Press Writer
Published: Sep 20, 2002

WASHINGTON (AP) - The Pentagon can't keep track of hundreds of millions of
dollars worth of weapons and emergency aid given to friendly countries,
congressional investigators found.

The Defense Department agency that's supposed to track the donations
reported about $300 million worth of transfers since 1993, while records
from the four military services showed close to $725 million worth, the
General Accounting Office said in a report released Friday.

The Pentagon agreed it needs to create a record-keeping system for an
accurate accounting of the donations to other countries, known as drawdowns.

Federal law allows a president to order the military or other federal
agencies to give equipment, training or other support to friendly countries
to deal with emergencies, fight narcotics trafficking or meet other needs.
Drawdowns offer the president a quick way to help allies without getting
congressional approval, and the use of that authority has expanded
dramatically in the past decade.

[snip]

http://ap.tbo.com/ap/breaking/MGAA43JLC6D.html

Newspaper Says U.S. Ignored Terror Warning

Sat Sep 7, 1:29 PM ET

LONDON (Reuters) - The United States ignored a clear warning in July (2001)
last year from the emissary of a Taliban leader that Osama bin Laden's al
Qaeda network was planning a major attack on U.S. soil, the Independent
newspaper said on Saturday.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story2&cid=578&ncid=578&e=3&u=/nm/2002
0907/ts_nm/attack_warning_dc

--
Fair Use Notice:
This material is made available in an effort to advance understanding of

Tarver Engineering

Sep 22, 2002, 12:18:47 PM9/22/02

"JustTheFacts" <windri...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> GAO Says Pentagon Can't Keep Track of Weapons Donated to Other Countries
>
> By Matt Kelley Associated Press Writer
> Published: Sep 20, 2002
>
> WASHINGTON (AP) - The Pentagon can't keep track of hundreds of millions of
> dollars worth of weapons and emergency aid given to friendly countries,
> congressional investigators found.

Well, that would be as stupid as the leftists that wan to control the
weather. (Sun)

John

JustTheFacts

Sep 22, 2002, 12:24:49 PM9/22/02

"Tarver Engineering" <jta...@sti.net> wrote in message

Incoherent and irrelevant as usual.

Tarver Engineering

Sep 22, 2002, 12:40:18 PM9/22/02

> "Tarver Engineering" <jta...@sti.net> wrote in message
> >
> > "JustTheFacts" <windri...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > > GAO Says Pentagon Can't Keep Track of Weapons Donated to Other
Countries

> > > By Matt Kelley Associated Press Writer
> > > Published: Sep 20, 2002
> > >
> > > WASHINGTON (AP) - The Pentagon can't keep track of hundreds of
millions of
> > > dollars worth of weapons and emergency aid given to friendly
countries,
> > > congressional investigators found.
> >
> > Well, that would be as stupid as the leftists that wan to control the
> > weather. (Sun)

> Incoherent and irrelevant as usual.

Pot kettle.

The green house gas global warming folks would have to take control of the
sun to do what they say they want to do; except for the redistribution.

Do you want a soldier in the fied to fill out a form for how many rounds
he/she expended? What you are posting is gibberish.

John

JustTheFacts

Sep 22, 2002, 12:49:13 PM9/22/02

> "JustTheFacts" <windri...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> >
> > "Tarver Engineering" <jta...@sti.net> wrote in message
> > >
> > > "JustTheFacts" <windri...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Countries

> millions of
> countries,
> > >
> > > Well, that would be as stupid as the leftists that wan to control the
> > > weather. (Sun)
>
> > Incoherent and irrelevant as usual.
>
> Pot kettle.
>
> The green house gas global warming folks would have to take control of the
> sun to do what they say they want to do; except for the redistribution.

Can your lies get any more baldfaced?

> Do you want a soldier in the fied to fill out a form for how many rounds
> he/she expended? What you are posting is gibberish.

Are you such a complete simpleton that you think that this is about the
rounds a soldier shoots? $725 million isn't a few rounds of bullets.

What is evident is that you're using your simplistic logic in an attempt to
confuse and deceive yourself and our readers.

As I said, incoherent and irrelevant.

Tarver Engineering

Sep 22, 2002, 1:04:46 PM9/22/02

"JustTheFacts" <windri...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

<snip>

> As I said, incoherent and irrelevant.

The same thing you write in every one of your posts.

John

JustTheFacts

Sep 22, 2002, 2:31:07 PM9/22/02

"Tarver Engineering" <jta...@sti.net> wrote in message

You're partially correct for a change. I write that you're incoherent and
irrelevant in many of my posts because of your simplistic and deceptive
rebuts.

--
The major reason why corporate crime gets little attention from
reporters, academics and government officials has little to do

Corporate Predators
Mokhiber & Weissman

Tarver Engineering

Sep 22, 2002, 2:37:13 PM9/22/02

> "Tarver Engineering" <jta...@sti.net> wrote in message
> >
> > "JustTheFacts" <windri...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> >
> > <snip>
> >
> > > As I said, incoherent and irrelevant.
> >
> > The same thing you write in every one of your posts.

> You're partially correct for a change.

I am completely correct.

John

JustTheFacts

Sep 22, 2002, 2:43:22 PM9/22/02

"Tarver Engineering" <jta...@sti.net> wrote in message

Only in your solar system of two suns and three moons.

Joe User

Sep 22, 2002, 2:44:40 PM9/22/02

Ohhhh, the incompetency of the Pentegon, beleive it or not, at least
10 years ago, quartermasters actually did that, how many rounds of
ammunition were issued, and soldiers had to requistion ordinance in
triplicate. Granted the rules and regulations get losened when you
are actually in combat, but the fact is they are metering out supplies
to troops, while at the same time, 10,000 of tons of ordinance are
becoming unstable and need to be destroyed(at additional costs) in
goverment store houses.

Absolutly amazing what the Pentagon loses, and HOW much of it they
lose.

Tarver Engineering

Sep 22, 2002, 4:00:08 PM9/22/02

"Joe User" <Ak...@NOSPAMboxfrog.com> wrote in message

Yeah, we put little blue stickers on every thing on the property list all
over eddies. The poblem was the hundreds of thousands of dollars in parts
and equipment that had to be trash canned because they had no blue
stickers..

> Absolutly amazing what the Pentagon loses, and HOW much of it they
> lose.

And we want other militarys to account for what?

John

Nathan A. Stine

Sep 23, 2002, 5:44:32 PM9/23/02

"JustTheFacts" <windri...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> "Tarver Engineering" <jta...@sti.net> wrote in message
> >
> > "JustTheFacts" <windri...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > > GAO Says Pentagon Can't Keep Track of Weapons Donated to Other
Countries

> > > By Matt Kelley Associated Press Writer
> > > Published: Sep 20, 2002
> > >
> > > WASHINGTON (AP) - The Pentagon can't keep track of hundreds of
millions
> of
> > > dollars worth of weapons and emergency aid given to friendly
countries,
> > > congressional investigators found.
> >
> > Well, that would be as stupid as the leftists that wan to control the
> > weather. (Sun)
> >
> > John
>
> Incoherent and irrelevant as usual.

What is most comical is that people seem to just change the subject when
they have little knowlege or background on the topic at hand.

Stiner

Nathan A. Stine

Sep 23, 2002, 11:07:16 PM9/23/02

The professional USENET poster, who goes by the handle "Tarver Engineering"
<jta...@sti.net> beautifully expound in message

> Do you want a soldier in the fied to fill out a form for how many rounds
> he/she expended? What you are posting is gibberish.
>
> John

Sure. If it will keep them from shooting everything that moves.

Stiner