!Clinton celebrates fedworkers' misery

synergy

Jan 2, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/2/96
CLINTON CELEBRATES THE MISERY HIS GOVERNMENT SHUTDOWN HAS CAUSED
(95/1/2)

While hundreds of thousands of federal workers spent a miserable
holiday season wondering how they would pay their bills, the Clinton's
are celebrating the partial shutdown of the federal government by
partying with their limosine liberal pals at on Hilton Head Island,
a posh resort area.

Instead of remaining in DC and signing the balanced budget like a
responsible President would do, Clinton thumbed his nose at the
pain his obstructionist attitude has caused federal employees,
citizens who can't obtain federal services, and tourists whose
vacation plans have been spoiled by Clinton's government shutdown.

"Necessity is the plea of every infringement of human freedom. It is
the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves." -- William Pitt

Annoy a Fascist: Just Say No to Gun Control!

Elect Steve Forbes President of the U.S. in '96.

synergy

Jan 3, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/3/96
disc...@crl.com (William R. Discipio Jr) writes:

>Richard Hanson (rha...@ix.netcom.com) wrote:

>I missed the court ruling saying the law that Clinton signed with respect
>to balancing the budget is 7 years was unconstitutional.

>Stop whining about extortion. Your guys got themselves nuked over the
>Clinton's crime bill extortion.

Hehehe. Clinton is going to get reamed in November, because the
American people know he's screwing them now.

Richard Hanson

Jan 3, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/3/96
In <4ccorb$l...@Mercury.mcs.com> syn...@MCS.COM (synergy) writes:

>CLINTON CELEBRATES THE MISERY HIS GOVERNMENT SHUTDOWN HAS CAUSED
>(95/1/2)
>
>While hundreds of thousands of federal workers spent a miserable
>holiday season wondering how they would pay their bills, the Clinton's
>are celebrating the partial shutdown of the federal government by
>partying with their limosine liberal pals at on Hilton Head Island,
>a posh resort area.
>
>Instead of remaining in DC and signing the balanced budget like a
>responsible President would do, Clinton thumbed his nose at the
>pain his obstructionist attitude has caused federal employees,
>citizens who can't obtain federal services, and tourists whose
>vacation plans have been spoiled by Clinton's government shutdown.

While several Democratic congressmen attempted to introduce a bill
which would prohibite the President of the members of congress being
paid during a government shutdown, Sociopath of the House, Newt
Gingrich made sure the bill would never see the light of day by
refusing to allow it on the floor of the House for a vote. Thus while,
the Democrats and the President continued to work to reopen the
government, Newt Gingrich along with his big money contract class just
made sure that THEY would get paid.

RH

torgo

Jan 3, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/3/96
In article <4ccufr$3...@ixnews8.ix.netcom.com> rha...@ix.netcom.com(Richard Hanson ) writes:
>From: rha...@ix.netcom.com(Richard Hanson )
>Subject: Re: !Gingrich celebrates fedworkers' misery
>Date: 3 Jan 1996 03:51:23 GMT

>RH

NEWS FLASH: there is nothing preventing Bubba or any member of Congress from
simply handing back any and all pay if they so desired. Since no one seems
willing to do this voluntarily (with the exception of Rep. Durbin), what makes
you think the bill would have passed anyway? Speaker Gingrich should be
commended for quashing this frivolous piece of legislation.

Victor L. Johnson

Jan 3, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/3/96
cow...@ibm.net sez:

: >All Klinton has to do is sign the bill, then everyone goes back to
: >work.

: All the republicans have to do is come up with a realistic bill that doesn't
: shaft the old and sick and he would sign it.

So it would seem that Klinton would rather double shaft the young and
healthy - now by making them pay/accept more taxes/debt and later when
they are old and sick and the whole works is flat broke so nobody gets
a damn thing. Money for nothing ...

Cheers,
Victor "Dances with Muzzle Blast" Johnson

Richard Hanson

Jan 3, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/3/96
In <4ce5r0$r...@crl12.crl.com> disc...@crl.com (William R. Discipio Jr)
writes:

>WellWell (hir...@ix.netcom.com) wrote:
>: In <4cd2ai$n...@ixnews2.ix.netcom.com> do...@ix.netcom.com(Dale
Harper )
>: writes:
>
>: >

>: >All Klinton has to do is sign the bill, then everyone goes back to
>: >work.
>
>: All the right-wing goons and loons have to do is stop playing games
>: with the middle class, poor, seniors, and handicapped, which means
most
>: non-affluent Americans, and everyone goes back back to work.
>
>All Klinton has to do is to abide by the agreement *he* signed into
law then
>everybody goes back to work.

Klinton never signed an agreement to shaft the country, nor did he sign
a blank check for the Republicans to pass a undefined budget with NO
details. This stinky lie has gone way too far.j

RH

Dale Harper

Jan 3, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/3/96
In <4ccufr$3...@ixnews8.ix.netcom.com> rha...@ix.netcom.com(Richard

All Klinton has to do is sign the bill, then everyone goes back to
work.

Richard Hanson

Jan 3, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/3/96
In <torgo.245...@torgo.seanet.com> to...@torgo.seanet.com (torgo)
writes:

>In article <4ccufr$3...@ixnews8.ix.netcom.com>

rha...@ix.netcom.com(Richard Hanson ) writes:
>>From: rha...@ix.netcom.com(Richard Hanson )
>>Subject: Re: !Gingrich celebrates fedworkers' misery
>>Date: 3 Jan 1996 03:51:23 GMT
>
>NEWS FLASH: there is nothing preventing Bubba or any member of
Congress from
>simply handing back any and all pay if they so desired. Since no one
seems
>willing to do this voluntarily (with the exception of Rep. Durbin),
what makes
>you think the bill would have passed anyway? Speaker Gingrich should
be
>commended for quashing this frivolous piece of legislation.

Notably, no Republican has been willing to do this, although the
President and the Democratic Congress has been willing. If it's so
frivolous and so unlikely to pass, ask yourself why...because the
cynical Republican congress, always so willing to accuse the Democrats
of avariciousness, is more than willing to see the country go down the
drain while they continue to get paid.

RH

Dale Harper

Jan 3, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/3/96
In <4cdl0s$c...@cloner3.netcom.com> hir...@ix.netcom.com(WellWell )
writes:

>In <4cd2ai$n...@ixnews2.ix.netcom.com> do...@ix.netcom.com(Dale Harper
)
>writes:
>

>>All Klinton has to do is sign the bill, then everyone goes back to
>>work.
>
>All the right-wing goons and loons have to do is stop playing games
>with the middle class, poor, seniors, and handicapped, which means
most
>non-affluent Americans, and everyone goes back back to work.
>
>HR

I repeat for all the mentally challenged out there who can read, but
not comprehend. All Klinton has to do is sign the bill.

Any added commentary not based in fact is just that.

Richard Hanson

Jan 3, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/3/96
In <4cedn3$8...@crl.crl.com> disc...@crl.com (William R. Discipio Jr)
writes:

>Richard Hanson (rha...@ix.netcom.com) wrote:
>
>: Klinton never signed an agreement to shaft the country, nor did he

sign
>: a blank check for the Republicans to pass a undefined budget with NO
>: details. This stinky lie has gone way too far.j
>
>Yeah, when it's something you disagree with label it 'shafting the
>country' or giving a 'blank check' to the republicans. Klinton is a
liar.

Is the Constitution a liar? The constitution states that the Congress
has exactly two alternatives in the case of financial legislation.
They can override a veto, or they can redraft the legislation. They do
NOT have the right to shut the country down. The congress and
Republican shills like yourself are the liars here.

RH

Dale Harper

Jan 3, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/3/96
In <4ceevs$o...@cloner3.netcom.com> rha...@ix.netcom.com(Richard Hanson

Are you still here?

Bob Leone

Jan 3, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/3/96
In article <4ceevs$o...@cloner3.netcom.com> rha...@ix.netcom.com(Richard Hanson ) writes:

>Is the Constitution a liar? The constitution states that the Congress
>has exactly two alternatives in the case of financial legislation.
>They can override a veto, or they can redraft the legislation. They do
>NOT have the right to shut the country down. The congress and
>Republican shills like yourself are the liars here.

Ah, but they do:
Article I, Section 9, paragraph 7: "No money shall be drawn from the
Treasury but in consequence of appropriations made by law".

Look in the Constitution, and find where it says that the Congress has
any obligation to fund any particular thing if they don't want to.

The Congress sent the President a budget. The President vetoed it.
Therefore, it can be argued that it was the President who shut the govt down.

Both Clinton & the House are up for re-election in November. The voters will
then decide who to blame.

Bob Leone (bobl...@pond.com)

O Lord, grant me the serenity to accept
those things I cannot change,
the strength to change the things I can,
and the firepower to make the difference . . .

Dale Harper

Jan 3, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/3/96
In <4cecmo$4...@ixnews8.ix.netcom.com> rha...@ix.netcom.com(Richard
Hanson ) writes:

>In <4ce5r0$r...@crl12.crl.com> disc...@crl.com (William R. Discipio
Jr)
>writes:
>>
>>WellWell (hir...@ix.netcom.com) wrote:
>>: In <4cd2ai$n...@ixnews2.ix.netcom.com> do...@ix.netcom.com(Dale
>Harper )
>>: writes:
>>
>>: >
>>: >All Klinton has to do is sign the bill, then everyone goes back to
>>: >work.
>>
>>: All the right-wing goons and loons have to do is stop playing games
>>: with the middle class, poor, seniors, and handicapped, which means
>most
>>: non-affluent Americans, and everyone goes back back to work.
>>
>>All Klinton has to do is to abide by the agreement *he* signed into
>law then
>>everybody goes back to work.
>
>Klinton never signed an agreement to shaft the country, nor did he
sign
>a blank check for the Republicans to pass a undefined budget with NO
>details. This stinky lie has gone way too far.j
>
>RH

The only thing I smell is your post. Ah, but I digress. Yes it's true.
Klinton signed in one of the continuing resolutions that he would agree
to balance the budget in seven years. Even before the ink was dry, he
was on his little health rider backpedaling furiosly saying "No I
didn't, No I didn't." I yell at my 4 year old when she whines and lies.

If you don't believe he signed it in one of the CR's, then you have
been rooting in the mushroom patch again.

Dale Harper

Jan 3, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/3/96
In <4cecuo$v...@ixnews5.ix.netcom.com> rha...@ix.netcom.com(Richard
Hanson ) writes:

>In <4ce6gd$f...@fcnews.fc.hp.com> v...@fc.hp.com (Victor L. Johnson)
>writes:
>>
>>cow...@ibm.net sez:
>>
>>: >All Klinton has to do is sign the bill, then everyone goes back to
>>: >work.
>>
>>: All the republicans have to do is come up with a realistic bill
that
>doesn't
>>: shaft the old and sick and he would sign it.
>>
>> So it would seem that Klinton would rather double shaft the young
and
>> healthy - now by making them pay/accept more taxes/debt and later
>when
>> they are old and sick and the whole works is flat broke so nobody
>gets
>> a damn thing. Money for nothing ...
>
>Bull. The debt goes up and tax breaks and cut backs in the Capital
>Gains Tax makes it go up still further. You represent a loud
minority,
>but it's still a minority. The majority of Americans don't even want
>the insulting $1.47 per day that's being waved in front of their noses
>as a bribe to accept the destruction of welfare, medicare,
>environmental protection laws, and other obscenities the Right Wing is
>aiming at.
>
>RH

I hear Gephart is still looking for a parrot to spout the party line
for the Dems. You should apply.

D. Citron

Jan 3, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/3/96
You mean there's a party?

Richard Hanson

Jan 3, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/3/96
In <4cehve$b...@crl.crl.com> disc...@crl.com (William R. Discipio Jr)
writes:

>Richard Hanson (rha...@ix.netcom.com) wrote:
>
>: >Read my lips.... Klinton is a liar.
>
>: Your attitude concerning this has been evident from the beginning.
>
>The fact that Klinton is a liar has nothing to do with my attitude.
>
>: Nevertheless, constitutionally, the Republican Congress is caught by
>: the law. A vote taken just a few minutes ago in the Congress proves
>: that the Right Wing gang is scared to death that the whole House
would
>: very quickly get the country running.
>
>It is unlear what you are saying. Please elaborate.
>
>: You've lost in the opinion polls and now your losing in the House.
>
>Opinion polls aren't part of the Constitution.
>
>: I couldn't be more saddened at the fates of the workers,
>
>Spare up the melodramatics, please.
>
>: but I couldn't
>: be more happy at how this has showcased the treason of the Right
Wing.

>Do you know what treason means? Do you know what "liar" means?
Clinton
>is a liar.
>
>: You guys are going down.
>
>You are such a partisan shill.
>
>Check out the law that Congress and the President signed:

Have someone read the Constitution to you; Article I, section VII.
You're all in the wrong here. you've lost the public support and the
legal support for what you're doing. The rest is just extortion.

RH

cow...@ibm.net

Jan 3, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/3/96
In <4cd2ai$n...@ixnews2.ix.netcom.com>, do...@ix.netcom.com(Dale Harper ) writes:
>In <4ccufr$3...@ixnews8.ix.netcom.com> rha...@ix.netcom.com(Richard

Richard Hanson

Jan 3, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/3/96
In <4cd2ai$n...@ixnews2.ix.netcom.com> do...@ix.netcom.com(Dale Harper )

An interesting definition of 'extortion.'

All you have to do is bow to my demands and I'll let the hostages go.

It's an interesting twist on an old Rush Limbaugh canard, but now it's
finally come true. America IS being held hostage, by a group of
treasonous freshmen congressmen and the arc-traitor who now holds the
Speaker's gavel. They have turned their back on their constitutional
duty and all of them should be impeached.

RH

Richard Hanson

Jan 3, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/3/96
writes:

>cow...@ibm.net sez:
>
>: >All Klinton has to do is sign the bill, then everyone goes back to
>: >work.
>
>: All the republicans have to do is come up with a realistic bill that

doesn't
>: shaft the old and sick and he would sign it.

Matthew T. Russotto

Jan 3, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/3/96
In article <4ceoia$6...@cloner3.netcom.com>,
Richard Hanson <rha...@ix.netcom.com> wrote:

}I repeat for all those with any rationality left. The Constitution
}directs congress to either override a veto or introduce alternative
}legislation. Shutting the country down is not a legal alternative.

Sure is. Nothing in the Constitution requires Congress to appropriate
money.

}All the congress has to do is pass a CR and they can move on from
}there. Anything else is treason.

Treason consists only of levying war against the United States, or adhering
to its enemies, giving them aid and comfort.

--
Matthew T. Russotto russ...@pond.com russ...@his.com
of justice is no virtue."

synergy

Jan 3, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/3/96
rha...@ix.netcom.com(Richard Hanson ) writes:

>In <4ccorb$l...@Mercury.mcs.com> syn...@MCS.COM (synergy) writes:
>>
>>CLINTON CELEBRATES THE MISERY HIS GOVERNMENT SHUTDOWN HAS CAUSED
>>(95/1/2)
>>
>>While hundreds of thousands of federal workers spent a miserable
>>holiday season wondering how they would pay their bills, the Clinton's
>>are celebrating the partial shutdown of the federal government by
>>partying with their limosine liberal pals at on Hilton Head Island,
>>a posh resort area.
>>
>>Instead of remaining in DC and signing the balanced budget like a
>>responsible President would do, Clinton thumbed his nose at the
>>pain his obstructionist attitude has caused federal employees,
>>citizens who can't obtain federal services, and tourists whose
>>vacation plans have been spoiled by Clinton's government shutdown.

>While several Democratic congressmen attempted to introduce a bill
>which would prohibite the President of the members of congress being
>paid during a government shutdown, Sociopath of the House, Newt
>Gingrich made sure the bill would never see the light of day by
>refusing to allow it on the floor of the House for a vote. Thus while,
>the Democrats and the President continued to work to reopen the
>government, Newt Gingrich along with his big money contract class just
>made sure that THEY would get paid.

Congress is trying very hard to do the best thing for all Americans.
Clinton is bought and paid for by the same limosine liberal elite
he partied with at a posh Hilton Head resort until 2am New Years Day,
while hundreds of thousands of federal workers worried about how they'd
pay their rent/mortgages because Clinton has shut down much of the
federal government.

If Clinton weren't such a corrupt, power-crazed, greedhead, he'd do
the right thing and sign the balanced budget.

William R. Discipio Jr

Jan 3, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/3/96
WellWell (hir...@ix.netcom.com) wrote:
: In <4cd2ai$n...@ixnews2.ix.netcom.com> do...@ix.netcom.com(Dale Harper )
: writes:

: >

: >All Klinton has to do is sign the bill, then everyone goes back to
: >work.

: All the right-wing goons and loons have to do is stop playing games

: with the middle class, poor, seniors, and handicapped, which means most
: non-affluent Americans, and everyone goes back back to work.

All Klinton has to do is to abide by the agreement *he* signed into law then
everybody goes back to work.

: HR
--
crl23% finger volt...@chelsea.ios.com
Login: voltai29 Name: Jim KennemurXAXX

Richard Hanson

Jan 3, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/3/96
In <4cehk7$9...@ixnews3.ix.netcom.com> do...@ix.netcom.com (Dale Harper
) writes:

>In <4cds12$17...@news-s01.ny.us.ibm.net> cow...@ibm.net writes:
>>
>>In <4cd2ai$n...@ixnews2.ix.netcom.com>, do...@ix.netcom.com(Dale
Harper
>) writes:
>>>In <4ccufr$3...@ixnews8.ix.netcom.com> rha...@ix.netcom.com(Richard

>>>All Klinton has to do is sign the bill, then everyone goes back to
>>>work.
>>All the republicans have to do is come up with a realistic bill that
>doesn't
>>shaft the old and sick and he would sign it.
>
>I repeat for the mentally challenged. All Klinton has to do is sign
the
>bill. Then everyone goes back to work.
>
>Any commentary not based in fact is just that.

I repeat for all those with any rationality left. The Constitution
directs congress to either override a veto or introduce alternative
legislation. Shutting the country down is not a legal alternative.

All the congress has to do is pass a CR and they can move on from

there. Anything else is treason.

RH

William R. Discipio Jr

synergy

Jan 3, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/3/96
rha...@ix.netcom.com(Richard Hanson ) writes:

>In <4cd2ai$n...@ixnews2.ix.netcom.com> do...@ix.netcom.com(Dale Harper )

>writes:
>>
>>In <4ccufr$3...@ixnews8.ix.netcom.com> rha...@ix.netcom.com(Richard
>>Hanson ) writes:

[...DemmieDrivelPurge(tm)...]

>>All Klinton has to do is sign the bill, then everyone goes back to
>>work.

>An interesting definition of 'extortion.'

>All you have to do is bow to my demands and I'll let the hostages go.

That's exactly how Clinton operates. That's why he's known all over
the world as "Slick Willie". He belongs behind bars, not in the White
House.

If Clinton has a shred of compasssion for the federal workers who
are wondering how they are going to pay their bills, and the people
of the U.S., he'd sign the GOP's balanced budget legislation, as
any responsible President would. Sadly, Clinton is not responsible and
he is corrupt. That's why he went partying with his rich liberal pals
on Hilton Head Island instead of staying in DC and signing a balanced

William R. Discipio Jr

William R. Discipio Jr

Jan 3, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/3/96
Richard Hanson (rha...@ix.netcom.com) wrote:
: In <4ce5r0$r...@crl12.crl.com> disc...@crl.com (William R. Discipio Jr)

: >All Klinton has to do is to abide by the agreement *he* signed into

: >law then everybody goes back to work.

: Klinton never signed an agreement to shaft the country, nor did he sign

: a blank check for the Republicans to pass a undefined budget with NO
: details. This stinky lie has gone way too far.j

Clinton signed this:

The Agreement

The text of the agreement reached by Congress and President Clinton to
end the budget impasse.

(a) The president and the Congress shall enact legislation in the first
session of the One Hundred and Fourth congress to achieve a balanced budget
not later than fiscal year 2002 as estimated by the congressional Budget
Office, and the president and the Congress agree that the balanced budget
must protect future generations, ensure Medicare solvency, reform
welfare, and provide adequate funding for Medicaid, education, agriculture,
national defense, veterans and the environment. Further, the balanced
budget shall adopt tax policies to help working families and to stimulate
future economic growth.

(b) The balanced budged shall be estimated by the Congressional Budget
Office based on its most current economic and technical assumptions,
following a thorough consultation and review with the Office of
Management and Budget, and other government and private experts.

I think *YOUR* stinky lie should stop.

synergy

Jan 3, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/3/96
hir...@ix.netcom.com(WellWell ) writes:

>In <4cd2ai$n...@ixnews2.ix.netcom.com> do...@ix.netcom.com(Dale Harper )
>writes:

>>All Klinton has to do is sign the bill, then everyone goes back to
>>work.

>All the right-wing goons and loons have to do is stop playing games

>with the middle class, poor, seniors, and handicapped, which means most
>non-affluent Americans, and everyone goes back back to work.

It is Komrade Klintoon who is trying to rip off the poor, the middle-class,
and the wealthy, and keep future generations in debt and dependent upon
the government. Thanks to the GOP, Congress has passed a set of
progressive bills that will balance the budget in seven years, promote
economic prosperity and personal responsibility, and trim the many layers
of fat off the bloated federal government the Democrats have created
in the past four decades.

William R. Discipio Jr

Jan 3, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/3/96
Richard Hanson (rha...@ix.netcom.com) wrote:
: In <4cedn3$8...@crl.crl.com> disc...@crl.com (William R. Discipio Jr)

: writes:
: >
: >Richard Hanson (rha...@ix.netcom.com) wrote:
: >
: >: Klinton never signed an agreement to shaft the country, nor did he

: sign
: >: a blank check for the Republicans to pass a undefined budget with NO
: >: details. This stinky lie has gone way too far.j
: >
: >Yeah, when it's something you disagree with label it 'shafting the
: >country' or giving a 'blank check' to the republicans. Klinton is a
: liar.

: Is the Constitution a liar?

Read my lips.... Klinton is a liar.

: The constitution states that the Congress

: has exactly two alternatives in the case of financial legislation.

Both the President and Congress have exactly one option when it comes to
settling the current budget crisis. It is:

[...]

The president is committed by law to sign a budget that meets the above
criteria.

: They do

: NOT have the right to shut the country down.

The sniveling liar Klinton does not have the right to shut the country down.
It's good that he has, though. Many people are realizing how little the
government actually brings to the table for all the tax money we give it.

: The congress and

: Republican shills like yourself are the liars here.

Read the agreement the sniveling liar Klinton signed into LAW.

And get a life. The Republicans are scum for not balancing the budget
*THIS* year.

Richard Hanson

Jan 3, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/3/96
In <4cefeb$9...@crl.crl.com> disc...@crl.com (William R. Discipio Jr)

writes:

>Richard Hanson (rha...@ix.netcom.com) wrote:
>: In <4cedn3$8...@crl.crl.com> disc...@crl.com (William R. Discipio
Jr)
>: writes:
>: >
>: >Richard Hanson (rha...@ix.netcom.com) wrote:
>: >
>: >: Klinton never signed an agreement to shaft the country, nor did
he
>: sign
>: >: a blank check for the Republicans to pass a undefined budget with
NO
>: >: details. This stinky lie has gone way too far.j
>: >
>: >Yeah, when it's something you disagree with label it 'shafting the
>: >country' or giving a 'blank check' to the republicans. Klinton is
>: liar.
>
>: Is the Constitution a liar?
>
>Read my lips.... Klinton is a liar.

Your attitude concerning this has been evident from the beginning.

Nevertheless, constitutionally, the Republican Congress is caught by
the law. A vote taken just a few minutes ago in the Congress proves
that the Right Wing gang is scared to death that the whole House would
very quickly get the country running.

You've lost in the opinion polls and now your losing in the House. I
couldn't be more saddened at the fates of the workers, but I couldn't

be more happy at how this has showcased the treason of the Right Wing.

You guys are going down.

RH

Dale Harper

Jan 3, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/3/96

) writes:
>>In <4ccufr$3...@ixnews8.ix.netcom.com> rha...@ix.netcom.com(Richard
>>Hanson ) writes:

>>Clinton's

>>>While several Democratic congressmen attempted to introduce a bill
>>>which would prohibite the President of the members of congress being
>>>paid during a government shutdown, Sociopath of the House, Newt
>>>Gingrich made sure the bill would never see the light of day by
>>>refusing to allow it on the floor of the House for a vote. Thus
>>while,
>>>the Democrats and the President continued to work to reopen the
>>>government, Newt Gingrich along with his big money contract class
just
>>>made sure that THEY would get paid.
>>>
>>>RH
>>
>>All Klinton has to do is sign the bill, then everyone goes back to
>>work.
>All the republicans have to do is come up with a realistic bill that
doesn't
>shaft the old and sick and he would sign it.

I repeat for the mentally challenged. All Klinton has to do is sign the

William R. Discipio Jr

Jan 3, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/3/96
[...]

Unless the Supreme Court invalidates the law, these are the requirements
for this year's budget.

William R. Discipio Jr

Jan 3, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/3/96
[...]

Any spending bill that meets these requirements must be signed by the
President unless a court says otherwise.

: All the congress has to do is pass a CR and they can move on from

: there. Anything else is treason.

Please define treason.

Richard Hanson

Jan 3, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/3/96
In <bobleone.1...@pond.com> bobl...@pond.com (Bob Leone)
writes:

>In article <4ceevs$o...@cloner3.netcom.com>
rha...@ix.netcom.com(Richard Hanson ) writes:

>>Is the Constitution a liar? The constitution states that the

Congress
>>has exactly two alternatives in the case of financial legislation.
>>They can override a veto, or they can redraft the legislation. They
do
>>NOT have the right to shut the country down. The congress and

>>Republican shills like yourself are the liars here.
>
>Ah, but they do:
> Article I, Section 9, paragraph 7: "No money shall be drawn from the

>Treasury but in consequence of appropriations made by law".

Article I section VII

All bill for raising revenue shall originate in the House of
Representatives...

Every bill which shall have passed the House of Representatives and the
Senate, shall, before it becomes a law, be presented to the President
of the United States; if he approves he shall sign it, but if not he
shall return it, with his objections to that House in which it shall
have originated, who shall enter the objections at large on their
journal, and proceed to reconsider it.

At no point in the constitution does it state that the House has the

right to shut the country down.

RH

Troy Allen Johnson

Jan 3, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/3/96

While this discussion is somewhat revealing of the gross misconceptions
that the biased media, and several other uninformed, gullible, and
naive segments of the American people, choose to believe and perpetuate,
there are several flaws contained in this entire thread.

Firstly, all sides seem to rely far too much on name-calling, and
emotionalism, instead of sound reasoning and facts.

Secondly, several of the you just seem to just enjoy senseless arguing.

Lastly, haven't you on the conversative side realized that you're
wasting your time? Mr. Hanson has clearly stated where he stands
and I doubt you'll convince him otherwise. You see, if you carefully
read his arguments, you'll note that he calls the conservative forces
"treasonous" and specifically refers to the Speaker of the House as
the "arc-traitor." (arch-traitor??)

Now, the Constitution of the United States clearly defines treason,
to wit, Article III, Section 3;

"Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying
War against them, or in adhering to their Enemies, giving them Aid
and Comfort. No Person shall be convicted of Treason unless on the
Testimony of two Witneses to the same overt Act, or on Confession in
open Court.

The Congress shall have Power to declare the Punishment of Treason,
but no Attainder of Treason shall work Corruption of Blood, or
Forfeiture except during the Life of the Person attainted."

From this we can safely assume that one of the following is true.
A) Mr. Hanson, as I believe he pretty clearly states, considers
the conservatives at war with the United States, and as such his
enemy, or that they are in league with enemies of the United States.
B) Mr. Hanson, having adopted a new definition of treason instead
of the correct legal one, and will not accept the reasoning of
those he feels are his enemies.

From this we can reason that if option A is true, Mr. Hanson is
a paranoid nut. If option B is true, Mr. Hanson is operating
from a serious lack of reasoning, and facts.

Either way, folks, you must accept that there are those who will
not be convinced.

Troy Allen Johson

Mike Mills

Jan 3, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/3/96
rha...@ix.netcom.com(Richard Hanson ) writes:

>Article I section VII

>RH

And just WHERE exactly does it say that, when there is a disagreement, the
House MUST accept the President's objections? If that were the case, it
would be the same as saying that the President is "always right" - why
would you even need a Congress?

And so it is a matter of disagreement, and not legislated by the Constitution.

However, if you want to see who is "more in the wrong", you should note the
fact that the President is ONE elected official, compared to the MANY
elected officials in Congress. The Congress is a finer representation of
the People, and the Congress has voted in favor of a balanced budget.

In other words, each duly elected member of Congress represents a small
cross-section of our country, a fine level of detail. The President
represents a much coarser granularity, as he is elected nationally.

The majority of Congress, representing a fine cross-section of America,
has voted in favor of a balanced budget.

Therefore, one can conclude - were one to invoke logic - that the needs
of the many outweigh the needs of the few - or the President.

However, Congress would need to override his veto in order to effect this
logic. Until then, it is a disagreement, and perfectly legal.

--
Mike Mills Home: (612) 293-1675
ConsulTech Information Systems, Inc. Work: (800) 604-CTIS

TrlrTrax

Jan 3, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/3/96
cow...@ibm.net writes:
>>All the republicans have to do is come up with a realistic bill that
>> doesn't shaft the old and sick and he would sign it.

You apparently missed the news! The GOP plan increases Medicare payments
from $4800 per year per person to $7100!!! It increases premiums over
seven years the same as Clinton's proposal. Great news!!!
He can sign it now, yes?

Joe Pruskowski

Jan 3, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/3/96

In Article<4cecuo$v...@ixnews5.ix.netcom.com>, <rha...@ix.netcom.com> writes:
> In <4ce6gd$f...@fcnews.fc.hp.com> v...@fc.hp.com (Victor L. Johnson)
> writes:
> >
> >cow...@ibm.net sez:
> >
> >: >All Klinton has to do is sign the bill, then everyone goes back to
> >: >work.
> >
> >: All the republicans have to do is come up with a realistic bill that

> doesn't
> >: shaft the old and sick and he would sign it.
> >
> > So it would seem that Klinton would rather double shaft the young and
> > healthy - now by making them pay/accept more taxes/debt and later
> when
> > they are old and sick and the whole works is flat broke so nobody
> gets
> > a damn thing. Money for nothing ...
>
> Bull. The debt goes up and tax breaks and cut backs in the Capital
> Gains Tax makes it go up still further. You represent a loud minority,
> but it's still a minority. The majority of Americans don't even want
> the insulting $1.47 per day that's being waved in front of their noses
> as a bribe to accept the destruction of welfare, medicare,
> environmental protection laws, and other obscenities the Right Wing is
> aiming at.
>
> RH

You've twisted things around - first off, you're correct that most americans
do not want the tax cuts AT THIS TIME. Once we can get the gov. reigned in
and the budget balanced, I want my taxes to be cut - CONSIDERABLY. Secondly,
please don't lump together welfare, medicare, protection laws, etc. They are
all very separate and I (as many people do) have differing opinions on each of
them. However, what you may find is that the majority of Americans are tired
of paying for corrupt and broken welfare programs. They haven't worked since
LBJ installed his "War of Poverty", which is one of the factors that sucked
our country dry over the last 30 years.

Unfortunately, America has lost its core values which include a work ethic and
personal responsibility - thanks to the liberals America may not even exist in
another 50 years. For a look ahead, better stay tuned to Rusia and Bosnia,
because with our current breakdown in values that's where we're headed.

Joe Pruskowski

Jan 3, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/3/96

Richard Hanson

Jan 3, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/3/96
In <NEWTNews.82069...@jjp.halcyon.com> Joe Pruskowski

Is it absolutely necessary for you to post your lies twice? One
posting was enough to show that you either don't understand or are
being deliberately disingenuous concerning welfare and liberalism.

RH

David T. Hardy

Jan 3, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/3/96
In article <4ccorb$l...@Mercury.mcs.com>
syn...@MCS.COM (synergy) writes:

> CLINTON CELEBRATES THE MISERY HIS GOVERNMENT SHUTDOWN HAS CAUSED
> (95/1/2)
>
> While hundreds of thousands of federal workers spent a miserable
> holiday season wondering how they would pay their bills, the Clinton's
> are celebrating the partial shutdown of the federal government by
> partying with their limosine liberal pals at on Hilton Head Island,
> a posh resort area.
>
> Instead of remaining in DC and signing the balanced budget like a
> responsible President would do, Clinton thumbed his nose at the
> pain his obstructionist attitude has caused federal employees,
> citizens who can't obtain federal services, and tourists whose
> vacation plans have been spoiled by Clinton's government shutdown.

And I'm sure all the papers will carry the story....
"Dyslexics of the world, ) dha...@indirect.com <David T. Hardy>
UNTIE!" Larc Marx, Sad Kapital ) http://www.indirect.com/www/dhardy
)____________________________________

synergy

Jan 3, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/3/96
disc...@crl.com (William R. Discipio Jr) writes:

>WellWell (hir...@ix.netcom.com) wrote:
>: In <4cd2ai$n...@ixnews2.ix.netcom.com> do...@ix.netcom.com(Dale Harper )
>: writes:

>: >

>: >All Klinton has to do is sign the bill, then everyone goes back to
>: >work.

>: All the right-wing goons and loons have to do is stop playing games

>: with the middle class, poor, seniors, and handicapped, which means most
>: non-affluent Americans, and everyone goes back back to work.

>All Klinton has to do is to abide by the agreement *he* signed into law then

>everybody goes back to work.

Since when has Clinton kept his word?
George washington was the guy who could not tell a lie,
Clinton is the sleezebag who cannot tell the truth.

synergy

Jan 3, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/3/96
rha...@ix.netcom.com(Richard Hanson ) writes:

>Klinton never signed an agreement to shaft the country, nor did he sign

Klinton (I'm glad you've learned how to spell his name) exists
solely to shaft the nation. He is the most corrupt, evil excuse
for a President we've ever had to suffer.

>RH

synergy

Jan 3, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/3/96
to...@torgo.seanet.com (torgo) writes:

>>While several Democratic congressmen attempted to introduce a bill
>>which would prohibite the President of the members of congress being
>>paid during a government shutdown, Sociopath of the House, Newt
>>Gingrich made sure the bill would never see the light of day by
>>refusing to allow it on the floor of the House for a vote. Thus while,
>>the Democrats and the President continued to work to reopen the
>>government, Newt Gingrich along with his big money contract class just
>>made sure that THEY would get paid.

>>RH

>NEWS FLASH: there is nothing preventing Bubba or any member of Congress from
>simply handing back any and all pay if they so desired. Since no one seems
>willing to do this voluntarily (with the exception of Rep. Durbin), what makes
>you think the bill would have passed anyway? Speaker Gingrich should be
>commended for quashing this frivolous piece of legislation.

Well, Clinton's greed prevents him from signing the balanced budget or
handing back the pay he has never earned.

synergy

Jan 3, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/3/96
rha...@ix.netcom.com(Richard Hanson ) writes:

>In <4cefeb$9...@crl.crl.com> disc...@crl.com (William R. Discipio Jr)
>writes:

>>: >Yeah, when it's something you disagree with label it 'shafting the

>>: >country' or giving a 'blank check' to the republicans. Klinton is
>>: >a liar.
>>

>>: Is the Constitution a liar?

No, Komrade Klinton is.

>>Read my lips.... Klinton is a liar.

See, William Discipio understands the facts!

>Your attitude concerning this has been evident from the beginning.

Yes, it has. He has proven you wrong every time you opened your
big mouth.

Clinton should do the right thing and sign the balanced budget legislation
now! (Then he should resign from office and admit his guilt in the
Whitewater crimes.)

Pretty soon, even Buchanan is going to pull ahead of the Porkmeister in
the polls, if Porky Prez doesn't start shoveling pork to federal workers
again.

synergy

Jan 3, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/3/96
do...@ix.netcom.com (Dale Harper ) writes:

>>>All Klinton has to do is to abide by the agreement *he* signed into
>>>law then everybody goes back to work.
>>

>>Klinton never signed an agreement to shaft the country, nor did he
>sign

>>a blank check for the Republicans to pass a undefined budget with NO
>>details. This stinky lie has gone way too far.j
>>

>>RH

>The only thing I smell is your post. Ah, but I digress. Yes it's true.
>Klinton signed in one of the continuing resolutions that he would agree
>to balance the budget in seven years. Even before the ink was dry, he
>was on his little health rider backpedaling furiosly saying "No I
>didn't, No I didn't." I yell at my 4 year old when she whines and lies.

>If you don't believe he signed it in one of the CR's, then you have
>been rooting in the mushroom patch again.

Richard Hansen is factually impaired. Clinton did sign legislation
agreeing to pass a balanced budget. Now he's back to his usual lies
and treachery.

synergy

Jan 3, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/3/96
rha...@ix.netcom.com(Richard Hanson ) writes:

>>I repeat for the mentally challenged. All Klinton has to do is sign
>>the bill. Then everyone goes back to work.

>>Any commentary not based in fact is just that.

>I repeat for all those with any rationality left. The Constitution

>directs congress to either override a veto or introduce alternative
>legislation. Shutting the country down is not a legal alternative.

Your drivel is not based on fact. Get a clue, deal with reality, and
try again.

Clintoon should stop torturing hundreds of thousands of federal workers
and millions of U.S. citizens and sign the progressive balanced budget
legislation the Congress, led by the GOP, has put in front of him.

synergy

Jan 3, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/3/96
rha...@ix.netcom.com(Richard Hanson ) writes:

>In <bobleone.1...@pond.com> bobl...@pond.com (Bob Leone)
>writes:
>>
>>In article <4ceevs$o...@cloner3.netcom.com>
>rha...@ix.netcom.com(Richard Hanson ) writes:
>>
>>>Is the Constitution a liar? The constitution states that the
>Congress
>>>has exactly two alternatives in the case of financial legislation.
>>>They can override a veto, or they can redraft the legislation. They
>do
>>>NOT have the right to shut the country down. The congress and
>>>Republican shills like yourself are the liars here.
>>
>>Ah, but they do:
>> Article I, Section 9, paragraph 7: "No money shall be drawn from the

>>Treasury but in consequence of appropriations made by law".

>Article I section VII

>All bill for raising revenue shall originate in the House of
>Representatives...

>Every bill which shall have passed the House of Representatives and the
>Senate, shall, before it becomes a law, be presented to the President
>of the United States; if he approves he shall sign it, but if not he
>shall return it, with his objections to that House in which it shall
>have originated, who shall enter the objections at large on their
>journal, and proceed to reconsider it.

They have reconsidered it. Clinton should do the right thing and sign it.

>At no point in the constitution does it state that the House has the
>right to shut the country down.

Clintoon, not Congress, is to blame for the shutdown.
Clintoon just can't stand the thought of giving up his beloved pork.

synergy

Jan 3, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/3/96
rha...@ix.netcom.com(Richard Hanson ) writes:

>>Do you know what treason means? Do you know what "liar" means?
>>Clinton is a liar.

Hey, Hanson, I see you didn't disagree with the above statement of fact.

Have you decided to stop lying like your corrupt idol, Clintoon?

>RH

synergy

Jan 3, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/3/96
disc...@crl.com (William R. Discipio Jr) writes:

>Richard Hanson (rha...@ix.netcom.com) wrote:

>: I repeat for all those with any rationality left. The Constitution

>: directs congress to either override a veto or introduce alternative
>: legislation. Shutting the country down is not a legal alternative.

>(a) The president and the Congress shall enact legislation in the first

>session of the One Hundred and Fourth congress to achieve a balanced budget
>not later than fiscal year 2002 as estimated by the congressional Budget
>Office, and the president and the Congress agree that the balanced budget
>must protect future generations, ensure Medicare solvency, reform
>welfare, and provide adequate funding for Medicaid, education, agriculture,
>national defense, veterans and the environment. Further, the balanced
>budget shall adopt tax policies to help working families and to stimulate
>future economic growth.

>(b) The balanced budged shall be estimated by the Congressional Budget
>Office based on its most current economic and technical assumptions,
>following a thorough consultation and review with the Office of
>Management and Budget, and other government and private experts.

>Any spending bill that meets these requirements must be signed by the
>President unless a court says otherwise.

It's nice to know that not everyone is as confused and/or deceitful
as Richy Hanson and his corrupt idol Clinton.

All Clinton has to do is pass balanced budget legislation and he
can stop torturing millions of innocent people.

synergy

Jan 3, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/3/96

Yeah, so Rich Hanson is about 51 cards short of a full deck.
Can't we have fun at his expense?
<grin>

Besides, the point of this thread is that Clinton should stop partying
with his rich leftist friends and sign the progressive balanced budget
legislation the Congress has put before him.

synergy

Jan 3, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/3/96
mi...@klondike.winternet.com (Mike Mills) writes:

>rha...@ix.netcom.com(Richard Hanson ) writes:

>>All bill for raising revenue shall originate in the House of
>>Representatives...

>>Every bill which shall have passed the House of Representatives and the
>>Senate, shall, before it becomes a law, be presented to the President
>>of the United States; if he approves he shall sign it, but if not he
>>shall return it, with his objections to that House in which it shall
>>have originated, who shall enter the objections at large on their
>>journal, and proceed to reconsider it.

>>At no point in the constitution does it state that the House has the

>>right to shut the country down.

Poor little Richie Hanson. He can't come to grips with the fact that
it is Clinton who is solely to blame for the shutdown. All Clinton
has to do is sign the progressive legislation that Congress has wisely
passed.

>>RH

>And just WHERE exactly does it say that, when there is a disagreement, the
>House MUST accept the President's objections? If that were the case, it
>would be the same as saying that the President is "always right" - why
>would you even need a Congress?

Richie Hanson has no clue as to what the Constitution is all about...then
again, neither does Porkmeister Clinton.

>And so it is a matter of disagreement, and not legislated by the Constitution.

>However, if you want to see who is "more in the wrong", you should note the
>fact that the President is ONE elected official, compared to the MANY
>elected officials in Congress. The Congress is a finer representation of
>the People, and the Congress has voted in favor of a balanced budget.

Very good point!

>--
>Mike Mills Home: (612) 293-1675
>ConsulTech Information Systems, Inc. Work: (800) 604-CTIS
>mi...@winternet.com, mi...@ctis.com

synergy

Jan 3, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/3/96
rha...@ix.netcom.com(Richard Hanson ) writes:

>RH

Richy Baby, it is you who continually spews the same tired old lies, over, and
over, and over. Grow up!

Clinton is too cowardly and deceitful to do the right thing and sign
the balanced budget legislation.

Troy Allen Johnson

Jan 4, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/4/96
In article <4cfnd6$q...@mercury.mcs.com>, synergy <syn...@MCS.COM> wrote:

>Yeah, so Rich Hanson is about 51 cards short of a full deck.
>Can't we have fun at his expense?
><grin>

Our arguments lose strength with the American public if we resort
to this sort of behavior, i.e. the dropping approval rates of the
US Congress. Despite what the liberals and the media would have us
believe, this is reflective of the wide-spread disgust of the
American people with the "politics as usual" game they play inside
the Beltway. We didn't elect them to continue the games they've
played for 30 years and look where it's got us! We elected them
to put a stop to this non-sense, to bring an out-of-control
federal budget to balance, to stop the income re-distribution
schemes of the liberals thru excessive taxation and ever expanding
entitlements programs, to get the government out of our lives
and off of our backs. We must always keep this in mind and
continue fighting and pressuring the Congress to keep on the path,
and not to let the media or the ever screaming liberals to stop
them. Mr. Dole seems ready to cave into this sort of pressure
for example.

>Besides, the point of this thread is that Clinton should stop partying
>with his rich leftist friends and sign the progressive balanced budget
>legislation the Congress has put before him.

My point is that there are those who WILL NOT accept the facts before
them, no matter what. We would do well to remember this because this
fight WILL get uglier before it's over. At no time in history has
anyone given up power easily, and the liberals who've dominated
the US federal government for so long will be no different.

Simply put, if you try to teach a pig to sing, you waste your time
and annoy the pig.

Troy Johnson

synergy

Jan 4, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/4/96
rha...@ix.netcom.com(Richard Hanson ) writes:

>In <4cedn3$8...@crl.crl.com> disc...@crl.com (William R. Discipio Jr)

>writes:
>>
>>Richard Hanson (rha...@ix.netcom.com) wrote:
>>

>>: Klinton never signed an agreement to shaft the country, nor did he

>sign
>>: a blank check for the Republicans to pass a undefined budget with NO
>>: details. This stinky lie has gone way too far.j
>>

>>Yeah, when it's something you disagree with label it 'shafting the
>>country' or giving a 'blank check' to the republicans. Klinton is a
>liar.

>Is the Constitution a liar?

No, you and Porky Prez are the liars. He either signs the balanced
budget legislation like a responsible President should, or he violates
his duty to the nation.

Richard Hanson

Jan 4, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/4/96
In <4ceu6n$r...@cornerstone.intergate.net> tr...@keystone.intergate.net

(Troy Allen Johnson) writes:

>From this we can safely assume that one of the following is true.
>A) Mr. Hanson, as I believe he pretty clearly states, considers
>the conservatives at war with the United States, and as such his
>enemy, or that they are in league with enemies of the United States.
>B) Mr. Hanson, having adopted a new definition of treason instead
>of the correct legal one, and will not accept the reasoning of
>those he feels are his enemies.
>
>From this we can reason that if option A is true, Mr. Hanson is
>a paranoid nut. If option B is true, Mr. Hanson is operating
>from a serious lack of reasoning, and facts.

If A is true, Mr. Hanson would have a lot in common with the various
Konspiracies freaks currently slobbering about "Klinttooon's" ties with
the KGB...many of which do the Right Wing posting on these groups.

If B is true, Mr. Hanson would still be light years ahead of the
intellectual ability of most of those same Right Wing posters.

RH

Richard Hanson

Jan 4, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/4/96
In <4cf47s$5...@newsbf02.news.aol.com> trlr...@aol.com (TrlrTrax)
writes:

>cow...@ibm.net writes:
>>>All the republicans have to do is come up with a realistic bill that
>>> doesn't shaft the old and sick and he would sign it.
>
>You apparently missed the news! The GOP plan increases Medicare
payments
>from $4800 per year per person to $7100!!! It increases premiums over
>seven years the same as Clinton's proposal. Great news!!!
>He can sign it now, yes?

Yawn. I think that most of the known universe (yourself excepted, of
course) have figured out the fiscal strangulation hold that this
wonderful 'increase' represents.

RH

synergy

Jan 4, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/4/96
disc...@crl.com (William R. Discipio Jr) writes:

>Richard Hanson (rha...@ix.netcom.com) wrote:

>: Klinton never signed an agreement to shaft the country, nor did he sign
>: a blank check for the Republicans to pass a undefined budget with NO
>: details. This stinky lie has gone way too far.j

>Yeah, when it's something you disagree with label it 'shafting the
>country' or giving a 'blank check' to the republicans. Klinton is a liar.

<Yawn> That's old news. Klinton has always lied.
Tell us when he becomes a convict. ;-)

Dale Harper

Jan 4, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/4/96
In <4cfk1q$n...@ixnews4.ix.netcom.com> rha...@ix.netcom.com(Richard
Hanson ) writes:

>In <4cfi80$6...@ixnews8.ix.netcom.com> do...@ix.netcom.com(Dale Harper
)
>writes:
>>
>>In <4cep66$b...@ixnews8.ix.netcom.com> rha...@ix.netcom.com(Richard

>>Hanson ) writes:

<rha...@ix.netcom.com>
Johnson)

>back

bill
>>>that

>>>ethic and
>even
>>>exist in
>>>Bosnia,
>>>headed.
>>>
>>>Is it absolutely necessary for you to post your lies twice? One
>>>posting was enough to show that you either don't understand or are
>>>being deliberately disingenuous concerning welfare and liberalism.
>>>
>>>RH
>>

>>No...we just don't suffer fools well.
>
>Of course we all might have expected this final comment. Name calling
>is always the final refuge of the incompetent.
>
>RH

Well, if you act a fool, I'm going to call you a fool. I don't give a
damn if you like it or not. Your view on how the Govt. works is amusing
and nice, but it is wrong. You of course will dig your heels in and
refuse to learn. Your going to have to expect some of us are going to
sit back, pee our pants laughing, and watch the fool. What do you
expect.

Mark A. Johnson

Jan 4, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/4/96

> All bill for raising revenue shall originate in the House of
> Representatives...
>
> Every bill which shall have passed the House of Representatives and the
> Senate, shall, before it becomes a law, be presented to the President
> of the United States; if he approves he shall sign it, but if not he
> shall return it, with his objections to that House in which it shall
> have originated, who shall enter the objections at large on their
> journal, and proceed to reconsider it.
>
> At no point in the constitution does it state that the House has the
> right to shut the country down.
Keep in mind that the House hasn't "shut the country down". Have you been
directly inconvenienced yet? Additionally, no one has caused the funding of
the country to stop. It happened automatically when previous authorizations
for funding expired. It's through the inability of the 2 sides to come to
terms on NEW AUTHORIZATIONS that no new funds have been made available so that
things could continue. The reason that the House is holding out is directly
related to Klinton's grand standing for media attention with an election year
coming up AND NOTHING MORE. He has agreed throughout his presidency (and
during his initial campaigns) to all provisions of the Congressional
proposals, but now that the time to act is here, he can't bring himself to
keep his word (surprised?). Essentially the House is not caving under
pressure to points that they considered essential from the beginning and that
Klinton agreed to. Since Klinton has failed to submit a substantive alternate
proposal, the House has nothing other than rhetoric to consider. To take the
course of "we'll make those cuts down the road" would be "politics as usual"
(since it would never happen - promise but don't deliver). And the Freshmen
Reps and big on breaking that cycle of lies.
-------------------------------------
E-mail: onet...@chrysalis.org (Mark A. Johnson)

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a
little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
--Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790), reply of the Pennsylvania
Assembly to the governor, November 11, 1755 <<later, motto of
the Historical Society of Pennsylvania, c. 1759>>

-------------------------------------

Robert Durio

Jan 4, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/4/96
In <4cehvh$e...@globe.indirect.com> dha...@indirect.com (David T. Hardy)
writes:

As one who has served in three federal departments, I can tell you that
the federal "workers" don't want to go back to work, they just want to
get back on the payroll. In my experience, 1 out of 5 federal employees
is a reasonable employee - possibly even excellent, an additional
employee is marginal, while the other three are mere place holders
drawing a salary and serving on a table of organization to pump up the
pyramid the area supervisor sits atop. The more people in that pyramid,
the motto of which is "doing less with more", the higher the apex of
that pyramid is and the higher the paygrade associated therewith.

Don't worry, the federal "workers" won't miss their gravy train -
they'll get it all back and all for no labor - won't even have to show
up to get their gravy.

RD, USA

Mark A. Johnson

Jan 4, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/4/96

> Now, the Constitution of the United States clearly defines treason,
> to wit, Article III, Section 3;
>
> "Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying
> War against them, or in adhering to their Enemies, giving them Aid
> and Comfort.

Sounds sort of like Hanoi Jane Fonda, eh?

Richard Hanson

Jan 4, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/4/96
In <4cfkb0$8...@ixnews8.ix.netcom.com> do...@ix.netcom.com(Dale Harper )

Not at all...I like it fine. It demonstrates the failure of the Right
Wing to use any rational arguments to state its aims.

RH

synergy

Jan 4, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/4/96
russ...@wanda.pond.com (Matthew T. Russotto) writes:

>In article <4ceoia$6...@cloner3.netcom.com>,
>Richard Hanson <rha...@ix.netcom.com> wrote:

>}I repeat for all those with any rationality left. The Constitution
>}directs congress to either override a veto or introduce alternative
>}legislation. Shutting the country down is not a legal alternative.

>Sure is. Nothing in the Constitution requires Congress to appropriate
>money.

>}All the congress has to do is pass a CR and they can move on from
>}there. Anything else is treason.

>Treason consists only of levying war against the United States, or adhering
>to its enemies, giving them aid and comfort.

Do you think Clintoon's support of the USSR when he was
a student at Oxford constituted treason?

>Matthew T. Russotto russ...@pond.com russ...@his.com
>"Extremism in defense of liberty is no vice, and moderation in pursuit
>of justice is no virtue."

Dale Harper

Jan 4, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/4/96
In <4ceoqq$b...@ixnews8.ix.netcom.com> rha...@ix.netcom.com(Richard

Hanson ) writes:

>In <bobleone.1...@pond.com> bobl...@pond.com (Bob Leone)
>writes:
>>
>>In article <4ceevs$o...@cloner3.netcom.com>
>rha...@ix.netcom.com(Richard Hanson ) writes:
>>
>>>Is the Constitution a liar? The constitution states that the
>Congress
>>>has exactly two alternatives in the case of financial legislation.
>>>They can override a veto, or they can redraft the legislation. They
>do
>>>NOT have the right to shut the country down. The congress and
>>>Republican shills like yourself are the liars here.
>>
>>Ah, but they do:
>> Article I, Section 9, paragraph 7: "No money shall be drawn from
the

>>Treasury but in consequence of appropriations made by law".
>
>Article I section VII
>
>All bill for raising revenue shall originate in the House of
>Representatives...
>
>Every bill which shall have passed the House of Representatives and
the
>Senate, shall, before it becomes a law, be presented to the President
>of the United States; if he approves he shall sign it, but if not he
>shall return it, with his objections to that House in which it shall
>have originated, who shall enter the objections at large on their
>journal, and proceed to reconsider it.
>
>At no point in the constitution does it state that the House has the
>right to shut the country down.
>
>RH

They introduced the bill fool (or is that fool Bill...). All Klinton
has to do is sign it.

Dale Harper

Jan 4, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/4/96
(Troy Allen Johnson) writes:

>While this discussion is somewhat revealing of the gross
misconceptions
>that the biased media, and several other uninformed, gullible, and
>naive segments of the American people, choose to believe and
perpetuate,
>there are several flaws contained in this entire thread.
>
>Firstly, all sides seem to rely far too much on name-calling, and
>emotionalism, instead of sound reasoning and facts.
>
>Secondly, several of the you just seem to just enjoy senseless
arguing.

>Lastly, haven't you on the conversative side realized that you're
>wasting your time? Mr. Hanson has clearly stated where he stands
>and I doubt you'll convince him otherwise. You see, if you carefully
>read his arguments, you'll note that he calls the conservative forces
>"treasonous" and specifically refers to the Speaker of the House as
>the "arc-traitor." (arch-traitor??)
>
>Now, the Constitution of the United States clearly defines treason,
>to wit, Article III, Section 3;
>
>"Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying
>War against them, or in adhering to their Enemies, giving them Aid
>and Comfort. No Person shall be convicted of Treason unless on the
>Testimony of two Witneses to the same overt Act, or on Confession in
>open Court.
>
>The Congress shall have Power to declare the Punishment of Treason,
>but no Attainder of Treason shall work Corruption of Blood, or
>Forfeiture except during the Life of the Person attainted."
>
>From this we can safely assume that one of the following is true.
>A) Mr. Hanson, as I believe he pretty clearly states, considers
>the conservatives at war with the United States, and as such his
>enemy, or that they are in league with enemies of the United States.
>B) Mr. Hanson, having adopted a new definition of treason instead
>of the correct legal one, and will not accept the reasoning of
>those he feels are his enemies.
>
>From this we can reason that if option A is true, Mr. Hanson is
>a paranoid nut. If option B is true, Mr. Hanson is operating
>from a serious lack of reasoning, and facts.
>
>Either way, folks, you must accept that there are those who will
>not be convinced.
>
>Troy Allen Johson

I just like to agitate the fool.

torgo

Jan 4, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/4/96
In article <4ceci3$4...@ixnews8.ix.netcom.com> rha...@ix.netcom.com(Richard Hanson ) writes:
>From: rha...@ix.netcom.com(Richard Hanson )
>Subject: Re: !Gingrich celebrates fedworkers' misery
>Date: 3 Jan 1996 16:57:39 GMT

>In <torgo.245...@torgo.seanet.com> to...@torgo.seanet.com (torgo)
>writes:
>>

>>NEWS FLASH: there is nothing preventing Bubba or any member of
>Congress from
>>simply handing back any and all pay if they so desired. Since no one
>seems
>>willing to do this voluntarily (with the exception of Rep. Durbin),
>what makes
>>you think the bill would have passed anyway? Speaker Gingrich should
>be
>>commended for quashing this frivolous piece of legislation.

>Notably, no Republican has been willing to do this, although the
>President and the Democratic Congress has been willing. If it's so
>frivolous and so unlikely to pass, ask yourself why...because the
>cynical Republican congress, always so willing to accuse the Democrats
>of avariciousness, is more than willing to see the country go down the
>drain while they continue to get paid.

>RH

Had the bill come to the floor for a vote, your pals the Dummycrats would have
all been able to vote in favor of it, knowing FULL WELL that it wouldn't stand
a snowball's chance in hell of passing. Congratulations to the Speaker for
thwarting this hypocritical gimmick. If this is how the Dummycrats define
trying to work out an agreement, it's no wonder their precious government is
still shut down.

Dale Harper

Jan 4, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/4/96
In <4ceoia$6...@cloner3.netcom.com> rha...@ix.netcom.com(Richard Hanson
) writes:

>In <4cehk7$9...@ixnews3.ix.netcom.com> do...@ix.netcom.com (Dale Harper
>) writes:
>>
>>In <4cds12$17...@news-s01.ny.us.ibm.net> cow...@ibm.net writes:
>>>
>>>In <4cd2ai$n...@ixnews2.ix.netcom.com>, do...@ix.netcom.com(Dale
>Harper

>Island,

>being
>>just

>>>All the republicans have to do is come up with a realistic bill that
>>doesn't
>>>shaft the old and sick and he would sign it.
>>
>>I repeat for the mentally challenged. All Klinton has to do is sign
>the

>>bill. Then everyone goes back to work.
>>
>>Any commentary not based in fact is just that.
>
>I repeat for all those with any rationality left. The Constitution
>directs congress to either override a veto or introduce alternative
>legislation. Shutting the country down is not a legal alternative.
>
>All the congress has to do is pass a CR and they can move on from
>there. Anything else is treason.
>
>RH

Well Bubba, This thread is getting old and there is no use argueing
about something you know nothing about. The congress isn't bound by law
or the constitution to create a budget. As long as you keep missing
that point, the discussion can't proceed. Please go back to school and
learn it again, and this time, learn it right.

Richard Hanson

Jan 4, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/4/96
In <4cfk8n$q...@Mercury.mcs.com> syn...@MCS.COM (synergy) writes:

>to...@torgo.seanet.com (torgo) writes:
>

>>>While several Democratic congressmen attempted to introduce a bill
>>>which would prohibite the President of the members of congress being
>>>paid during a government shutdown, Sociopath of the House, Newt
>>>Gingrich made sure the bill would never see the light of day by
>>>refusing to allow it on the floor of the House for a vote. Thus
while,
>>>the Democrats and the President continued to work to reopen the
>>>government, Newt Gingrich along with his big money contract class
just
>>>made sure that THEY would get paid.
>
>>>RH
>
>>NEWS FLASH: there is nothing preventing Bubba or any member of
Congress from
>>simply handing back any and all pay if they so desired. Since no one
seems
>>willing to do this voluntarily (with the exception of Rep. Durbin),
what makes
>>you think the bill would have passed anyway? Speaker Gingrich should
be
>>commended for quashing this frivolous piece of legislation.
>
>Well, Clinton's greed prevents him from signing the balanced budget or
>handing back the pay he has never earned.

And of course, the Speaker's just being generous to him by making sure
that this legislation never reaches the floor of the House.

Get real.

RH

Dale Harper

Jan 4, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/4/96
In <4cgi8s$9...@news-s01.ny.us.ibm.net> cow...@ibm.net writes:

>>>All the republicans have to do is come up with a realistic bill that
>>doesn't
>>>shaft the old and sick and he would sign it.
>>
>>I repeat for the mentally challenged. All Klinton has to do is sign
the
>>bill. Then everyone goes back to work.
>>
>>Any commentary not based in fact is just that.
>>
>And you view is if your old or sick tough shit. If your young and
health great.
>Basic breakdown of your Nazi party budget.

Please, please, the grammar is killing me. I'm used to being insulted
by educated liberals.

Dale Harper

Jan 4, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/4/96
In <4cgmcq$5...@cloner2.ix.netcom.com> hir...@ix.netcom.com(WellWell )
writes:

>In <4cfi5s$5...@ixnews8.ix.netcom.com> do...@ix.netcom.com(Dale Harper
)
>writes:
>That great gift to our society, Dale Harper, pontificates:
>
>>They introduced the bill fool (or is that fool Bill...). All Klinton
>>has to do is sign it.
>>

>All the right-wing goons and loons have to do is stop playing games
>with the middle class, poor, seniors and handicapped, which means most
>non-affluent Americans, and everyone goes back to work. My goodness,
>how dim (or is it that dumb) some people are.
>
>HR

It's true. your going to continue to be a fool. There is no hope to
educate you into any rationality. Live in your little world and be
comforted.

synergy

Jan 4, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/4/96
tr...@keystone.intergate.net (Troy Allen Johnson) writes:

>In article <4cfnd6$q...@mercury.mcs.com>, synergy <syn...@MCS.COM> wrote:

>>Yeah, so Rich Hanson is about 51 cards short of a full deck.
>>Can't we have fun at his expense?
>><grin>

>Our arguments lose strength with the American public if we resort
>to this sort of behavior, i.e. the dropping approval rates of the
>US Congress.

At one time I would have agreed with you, but as recent elections
have proved, negative campaigning and even mudslinging are very
effective. This may be due to the fact that people often vote for
the candidate they feel is least evil. For example, I don't like Dole
much, but if the race in '96 boils down to Dole vs. Clinton, I'll
vote for Dole, because Clinton is lower than pondscum.

>Despite what the liberals and the media would have us
>believe, this is reflective of the wide-spread disgust of the
>American people with the "politics as usual" game they play inside
>the Beltway. We didn't elect them to continue the games they've
>played for 30 years and look where it's got us! We elected them
>to put a stop to this non-sense, to bring an out-of-control
>federal budget to balance, to stop the income re-distribution
>schemes of the liberals thru excessive taxation and ever expanding
>entitlements programs, to get the government out of our lives
>and off of our backs. We must always keep this in mind and
>continue fighting and pressuring the Congress to keep on the path,
>and not to let the media or the ever screaming liberals to stop
>them. Mr. Dole seems ready to cave into this sort of pressure
>for example.

[snip]

Your comment about the American people being sick of "politics
as usual" reminds me of how some would-be censors claim the American
people are tired of sex and violence on TV and in the movies. The
fact is that sex and violence sell on TV and in the movies. I tend
to believe that "politics as usual" is also just as popular as ever.

>Simply put, if you try to teach a pig to sing, you waste your time
>and annoy the pig.

>Troy Johnson

Thanks for raising the level of conversation around here.

synergy

Jan 4, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/4/96
do...@ix.netcom.com(Dale Harper ) writes:

>In <4ceoqq$b...@ixnews8.ix.netcom.com> rha...@ix.netcom.com(Richard

>They introduced the bill fool (or is that fool Bill...). All Klinton

>has to do is sign it.

Clinton is too busy celebrating the misery he has spread to bother
signing legislation that would benefit all Americans.

Andrew Hall

Jan 4, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/4/96

Lee> In article <4cep0p$f...@cloner3.netcom.com>,
Lee> rha...@ix.netcom.com(Richard Hanson ) wrote:
>> In <4cehve$b...@crl.crl.com> disc...@crl.com (William
>> R. Discipio Jr)
writes>
>>> Check out the law that Congress and the President signed:
>> Have someone read the Constitution to you; Article I, section
>> VII. You're all in the wrong here. you've lost the public
>> support and the legal support for what you're doing. The rest
>> is just extortion.

Lee> I just love the liberal party line. When it's the 2nd
Lee> amendment, they argue "that's what it says but the courts say
Lee> your wrong." But the minute they think the Constitution backs
Lee> them, they're ready to read it again. As for losing public
Lee> support, you need to open your eyes. If EITHER side had
Lee> overwhelming support, this issue wouldn't be one.

Lee> You want to balance the budget, GET RID of welfare. Then we

This would not do it.

Lee> wouldn't have a problem paying for medicare. Medicare (and
Lee> all social security benefits) is giving people what they paid

Sorry. but current retirees did not come close to paying
for their benefits. Whatever gave you the idea they did?

The spending we do on Medicare and SS dwarf means tested welfare.

Eliminating means tested welfare and not fixing Medicare
and SS will not come close to balancing the budget.

Voltaire

Jan 4, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/4/96
On 3 Jan 1996 14:38:58 -0500, dci...@gate.net (D. Citron) wrote:

>You mean there's a party?

I find it amusing that the slobbering right-wing makes a big deal
about Clinton's one day trip while at the same time more than 300 of
the most extreme of the Republicans were having a "Dark Ages Weekend"
in Miami.

Here is a story from the Everlasting GOP-stopper. Send subscription
requests to gopst...@aol.com
DARK AGES, INDEED

In what would have to be the greatest concentration of evil this
country has ever seen, over 300 right-wingers gathered in Miami for
the first annual Dark Ages Weekend. Just reading the guest list was
enough to send chills down the spine: Arianna Huffington and her
husband whats-his-name, Ralph Reed of the un-Christian Coalition,
failed Supreme Court wannabe Robert "Bork" Bork, John
Sununununununu, and...you get the idea. The Newtster was invited, but
failed to show after arguing with event organizers over the name.
Seems Newtie didn't want to be associated with the Dark Ages--a time
when poverty was rampant, health care nonexistent, and the government
was controlled by vicious religious fanatics, and...umm, Newt? Maybe
you oughta reconsider.

If there was ever a correct name for such a meeting, Dark Ages is it!

Voltaire

jesco

Jan 4, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/4/96
volt...@chelsea.ios.com (Voltaire) wrote:

>DARK AGES, INDEED
>
>In what would have to be the greatest concentration of evil this
>country has ever seen, over 300 right-wingers gathered in Miami for
>the first annual Dark Ages Weekend. Just reading the guest list was
>enough to send chills down the spine: Arianna Huffington and her
>husband whats-his-name, Ralph Reed of the un-Christian Coalition,
>failed Supreme Court wannabe Robert "Bork" Bork, John
>Sununununununu, and...you get the idea. The Newtster was invited, but
>failed to show after arguing with event organizers over the name.
>Seems Newtie didn't want to be associated with the Dark Ages--a time
>when poverty was rampant, health care nonexistent, and the government
>was controlled by vicious religious fanatics, and...umm, Newt? Maybe
>you oughta reconsider.

Typical bullshit rhetoric from the left. Tell me where in the
United States where poverty is "rampant." Sure, there is
poverty, but it has always existed and will continue to exist.
Health Care? I was unaware that there were so *few* doctors
in the nation. You can get health care and at reasonable rates
if you look for it in the tight places, and in the case of the
poor and needy, there are clinics and the local county
hospitals. It is certainly not the Ritz, but it is there to
take care of those who face medical problems and cannot get
insurance.
The last time I looked, the Presidency was held by a guy who
dodged the draft, fooled around on his wife, and smoked dope.
The congress is held, by at best, moderates, with a few
extremists on each side. The judiciary is controlled
by moderates as well.

synergy

Jan 4, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/4/96
disc...@crl.com (William R. Discipio Jr) writes:

>Richard Hanson (rha...@ix.netcom.com) wrote:
>: In <4ce5r0$r...@crl12.crl.com> disc...@crl.com (William R. Discipio Jr)

>: >All Klinton has to do is to abide by the agreement *he* signed into
>: >law then everybody goes back to work.

>: Klinton never signed an agreement to shaft the country, nor did he sign
>: a blank check for the Republicans to pass a undefined budget with NO
>: details. This stinky lie has gone way too far.j

>Clinton signed this:

>The Agreement

>The text of the agreement reached by Congress and President Clinton to
>end the budget impasse.

>(a) The president and the Congress shall enact legislation in the first
>session of the One Hundred and Fourth congress to achieve a balanced budget
>not later than fiscal year 2002 as estimated by the congressional Budget
>Office, and the president and the Congress agree that the balanced budget
>must protect future generations, ensure Medicare solvency, reform
>welfare, and provide adequate funding for Medicaid, education, agriculture,
>national defense, veterans and the environment. Further, the balanced
>budget shall adopt tax policies to help working families and to stimulate
>future economic growth.

>(b) The balanced budged shall be estimated by the Congressional Budget
>Office based on its most current economic and technical assumptions,
>following a thorough consultation and review with the Office of
>Management and Budget, and other government and private experts.

>I think *YOUR* stinky lie should stop.

I think Clinton's presidency should be stopped, ASAP!

David Veal

Jan 4, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/4/96
In article <4ceoqq$b...@ixnews8.ix.netcom.com>,

Richard Hanson <rha...@ix.netcom.com> wrote:
>Article I section VII
>
>All bill for raising revenue shall originate in the House of
>Representatives...
>
>Every bill which shall have passed the House of Representatives and the
>Senate, shall, before it becomes a law, be presented to the President
>of the United States; if he approves he shall sign it, but if not he
>shall return it, with his objections to that House in which it shall
>have originated, who shall enter the objections at large on their
>journal, and proceed to reconsider it.

"Reconsideration" doesn't require they choose to proceed any further.
"Reconsideration" can involve abandoning the bill entirely, which is what
often happens when a veto is sustained. Congress is not required, because
of a veto, to continue to send bills until something that resembles the
original but is acceptable to the President is created.

Article I, Section VII describes under what conditions a bill
will become law. If Congress strays from those requirements, their
actions do not become law. Nothing more, nothing less.

>At no point in the constitution does it state that the House has the
>right to shut the country down.

Congress has the right to shut the Federal Government down. It
may do so by choosing not to exercise its Constitutional authority to
appropriate funds. It is not compelled to spend money because it has
tried to do so in the past.

--
David Veal ve...@utk.edu / ve...@web.ce.utk.edu
Univ. of Tennessee, Division of Continuing Studies and

Lee Anthoni

Jan 4, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/4/96
The Christian Coalition is a bigoted, evil, collection of nitwits headed by
a scum-sucker called Pat Robertson, with help from his peronal eunuch,
Ralph Reed. It's goal is to see a society like IRAN where the religious
leaders are also the political leaders and control all aspects of an
individual's life.

They do support anyone who will advance the twisted concepts of their
self-made "christian religion" which has nothing in common with the man
for whom they pretent to worship as a GOD. They exist for the purpose of
scamming mainly older citizens or individuals of limited intelligence -
(regardless of education or degrees held) much the same as a good
telemarketer selling one of the many cons out there to the same type of
suckers who always seem to fall for these smooth talking charlatans.

Nothing: not overpopulation, a possible nuclear accident or terrorist
attack, global warming, food shortages, disease, rape, murder, the
revival of communism, or any type of natural disaster can even begin to
approach the danger to those of us who enjoy our constitutionally given
individual rights and freedoms as these sexually-repressed, religiously
oriented "witch doctors" whose purpose in life is to make everyone else
as miserable as they are.

Father of the year: Karen Smith's dad. Member of the Christian Coalition
Local Conservative Republican leader. Proponent of Family Values.

cow...@ibm.net

Jan 4, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/4/96
>>>All Klinton has to do is sign the bill, then everyone goes back to
>>>work.

>>All the republicans have to do is come up with a realistic bill that
>doesn't
>>shaft the old and sick and he would sign it.
>
>I repeat for the mentally challenged. All Klinton has to do is sign the

synergy

Jan 4, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/4/96
spi...@one.net (Lee Spires) writes:

>In article <4cep0p$f...@cloner3.netcom.com>,
> rha...@ix.netcom.com(Richard Hanson ) wrote:
>>In <4cehve$b...@crl.crl.com> disc...@crl.com (William R. Discipio Jr)
>>writes:

>>>Check out the law that Congress and the President signed:
>>
>>Have someone read the Constitution to you; Article I, section VII.
>>You're all in the wrong here. you've lost the public support and the
>>legal support for what you're doing. The rest is just extortion.

>I just love the liberal party line. When it's the 2nd amendment, they
>argue "that's what it says but the courts say your wrong." But the
>minute they think the Constitution backs them, they're ready to read it
>again. As for losing public support, you need to open your eyes. If
>EITHER side had overwhelming support, this issue wouldn't be one.

It seems that leftists tend to be constitutionally-impaired.

>You want to balance the budget, GET RID of welfare. Then we wouldn't
>have a problem paying for medicare. Medicare (and all social security
>benefits) is giving people what they paid for, medicaid (and all welfare) is
>charity (to put it nicely). It's nice to help people out when you can, but
>the country is broke. Normal people don't take out a loan to give it
>away and neither should the government. And while I'm proposing Quixotic
>plans, make the government give back all the money it stole from social
>security.

It isn't charity if the money is taken by force.
Clinton wants to continue raping the taxpayers so he can keep on
bribing the welfare leeches who make up much of the Democrat's
constituency.

Troy Allen Johnson

Jan 4, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/4/96
In article <4cfs6c$4...@mercury.mcs.com>, synergy <syn...@MCS.COM> wrote:

>>Treason consists only of levying war against the United States, or adhering
>>to its enemies, giving them aid and comfort.
>
>Do you think Clintoon's support of the USSR when he was
>a student at Oxford constituted treason?

Morally reprehensible, but legally it's not treason. We've never
been at war with the Soviets, at least not in a convential sense.
Our conflict with the Soviets was of diametrically opposed
socio-political/ economic philosophies.

A conflict which we've soundly won, I'm happy to say. As a matter of
interest, I feel I should add that I lived in the USSR just prior to
it's downfall (foreign language studies scholarship) and there is
NOTHING like witnessing the failure, firsthand, of the competition
to cement your faith in America.

Troy Johnson

David Veal

Jan 4, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/4/96
In article <4ceoia$6...@cloner3.netcom.com>,

Richard Hanson <rha...@ix.netcom.com> wrote:
>In <4cehk7$9...@ixnews3.ix.netcom.com> do...@ix.netcom.com (Dale Harper
>) writes:
>>Any commentary not based in fact is just that.
>
>I repeat for all those with any rationality left. The Constitution
>directs congress to either override a veto or introduce alternative
>legislation. Shutting the country down is not a legal alternative.

Article I, Section VII describes how a bill will become. If
Congress decides they don't want the vetoed bill to become law (either
by sustaining the veto or because they decide they don't like the color
of the ink) there's no Constitutional requirement they reconsider it.

Congress does not bind itself to create a law acceptable to the
President by submitting a law unacceptable to the President.

>All the congress has to do is pass a CR and they can move on from
>there. Anything else is treason.

Congress exercising its Constitutional authority to chose whether
or not to fund the government is levying war against the United States?

This is beyond rhetoric. It's silly.

synergy

Jan 4, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/4/96
spi...@one.net (Lee Spires) writes:

>In article <4ceoqq$b...@ixnews8.ix.netcom.com>,

> rha...@ix.netcom.com(Richard Hanson ) wrote:
>>In <bobleone.1...@pond.com> bobl...@pond.com (Bob Leone)
>>writes:
>>>
>>>In article <4ceevs$o...@cloner3.netcom.com>
>>rha...@ix.netcom.com(Richard Hanson ) writes:
>>>

>>At no point in the constitution does it state that the House has the
>>right to shut the country down.

>You have a scope percecption problem. The country isn't shut down, just
>selected parts of the federal government. It hasn't affected me except to
>make me really annoyed with federal workers.

I would never have known there was a shutdown if the leftist media
didn't constantly whine about it.

>After watching 8,000 people lose their jobs and another 40,000 scheduled to be
>cut in this company alone, I find it hard feel sorry for a federal worker
>who's not going to be paid for his vacation for a while.
>When a real company lays people off, they're just SOL, not just
>inconvenienced.

The disgusting thing about Clinton is that he is perfectly willing to
harm hundreds of thousands of federal workers (non-essential though
they happen to be) and then go traipsing off to party with his fatcat
pals in Hilton Head.

All Clinton has to do is what he promised to do--sign the balanced budget
legislation. But he'd rather keep on spreading the misery.

synergy

Jan 4, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/4/96
hir...@ix.netcom.com(WellWell ) writes:

>In <4cfi5s$5...@ixnews8.ix.netcom.com> do...@ix.netcom.com(Dale Harper )
>writes:
>That great gift to our society, Dale Harper, pontificates:

>>They introduced the bill fool (or is that fool Bill...). All Klinton
>>has to do is sign it.

>All the right-wing goons and loons have to do is stop playing games
>with the middle class, poor, seniors and handicapped, which means most
>non-affluent Americans, and everyone goes back to work. My goodness,
>how dim (or is it that dumb) some people are.

>HR

The progressive balanced budget legislation passed by the GOP-controlled
Congress, with support of some wiser than average Democrats, will
benefit everyone in the U.S. Clinton just doesn't want to stop
spreading the misery. He wants the nation to sink even further into
debt so all those people you mentioned will suffer even more, as
will their children. Clinton is actually doing his best to make the
nation a horrible place for our children.

Troy Allen Johnson

Jan 4, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/4/96
In article <4ch45c$a...@news.texas.net>, jesco <jesc...@texas.net> wrote:
>volt...@chelsea.ios.com (Voltaire) wrote:

>>DARK AGES, INDEED
>>
>>In what would have to be the greatest concentration of evil this
>>country has ever seen, over 300 right-wingers gathered in Miami for

[snip, snip]

>>was controlled by vicious religious fanatics, and...umm, Newt? Maybe
>>you oughta reconsider.

Sir, are your arguments so lacking in factual evidence that you
can only sling mud and call people insulting names? Do you, in
fact, have anything of substance to say?

>Typical bullshit rhetoric from the left. Tell me where in the
>United States where poverty is "rampant." Sure, there is
>poverty, but it has always existed and will continue to exist.

There are many areas of our country where poverty is rampant.
Many of our major urban areas are in complete decay, and several
of the Indian Reservations in the West make Mexico look like
a developed country.

This is what our country has been brought to by the failed
policies of dependence fostered on us by an over-bearing
federal government.

> Health Care? I was unaware that there were so *few* doctors
>in the nation. You can get health care and at reasonable rates
>if you look for it in the tight places, and in the case of the
>poor and needy, there are clinics and the local county
>hospitals. It is certainly not the Ritz, but it is there to
>take care of those who face medical problems and cannot get
>insurance.

Medical care is FREE to anyone who asks at anytime, at many of
our public hospitals. (such as Grady Memorial here in Atlanta)
This in turn has caused an unbelievable burden on such hospitals
because the dependence policies of our government have damaged
people to such an extent that they go to the hospital, riding in
a government paid for ambulance, for such ridiculous ailments
as a cold, or a paper-cut.

This is an actual example of situations I have witnessed while
working for welfare reform here in Georgia.

>by moderates as well.

You must also realize that there are those who don't see anything
wrong with Mr. Clinton's actions in dodging the draft, cheating
on his wife, or drug-use. This is how low we've actually sunk.

As for the judiciary, as frequently as criminals are turned
loose on our streets and with a nation-wide conviction rate
versus crimes committed of less than 10%, I don't think the
judiciary can exactly be called moderate.

Troy Johnson

Don Boell

Jan 4, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/4/96
WellWell (hir...@ix.netcom.com) wrote:
: In <4cfkdn$r...@Mercury.mcs.com> syn...@MCS.COM (synergy) writes:
: >
: >disc...@crl.com (William R. Discipio Jr) writes:
: >
: >>WellWell (hir...@ix.netcom.com) wrote:
: >>: In <4cd2ai$n...@ixnews2.ix.netcom.com> do...@ix.netcom.com(Dale
: Harper )
: >>: writes:
: >
: >>: >
: >>: >All Klinton has to do is sign the bill, then everyone goes back to
: >>: >work.
: >
: >>: All the right-wing goons and loons have to do is stop playing games
: >>: with the middle class, poor, seniors, and handicapped, which means

: >>:most non-affluent Americans, and everyone goes back to work.
: >

: >>All Klinton has to do is to abide by the agreement *he* signed into
: law then
: >>everybody goes back to work.
: >
: >Since when has Clinton kept his word?
: >George washington was the guy who could not tell a lie,
: >Clinton is the sleezebag who cannot tell the truth.

: Hey gang, watch ol' synergy rubbing his hands and cackling while
: Americans are kept from working, the United States Government
: is shut down by a bunch of traitors who, apparently, have no concern
: for a possible threat to our national security as a result of a
: shutdown of Government services and funds affecting the courts and
: other crucial Government functions. This is the kind of asshole who
: used to scream "love or leave it" in the 60's to anyone who questioned
: the actions of the Government. Ya know what? I think you are a KGB
: mole, synergy. What don't you admit it. Everything you write seems to
: confirm it.

Brought to you by another hysterical liberal who is probably PO'd cause
his welfare check is late.

Fact: The GOP have passed multiple 7 year balanced budgets using CBO.
Fact: Clintoon has NEVER offered a balanced budget.
Fact: Clintoon's last budget received zero Aye votes from the Senate.
Fact: In order to stop the shut down in November, Clintoon agreed to
do a balanced budget using CBO and 7 years.
Fact: As soon as the workers were back at work, Clintoon sat on his ass
and did nothing to make good on his word.
Fact: When the 2nd shut down was looming last month, Clintoon's cronies
did a "sit and spin" job to explain how the previous agreement to use
7 years and CBO was all a misunderstanding.
Fact: Only non-essential workers, such as park rangers and the like, are
out of work during the current shut down. National security is
not at risk.
Fact: The GOP proposal to reduce rate of growth in Medicare/Medicaid
spending from 3x inflation to 2x is the same think Clintoon talked
about doing in 1994 after the plan trustees (some of whom are
Clintoon appointees) told Clintoon that the whole damn thing
would be bankrupt in 7 years if nothing was done.

Opinion: Business as usual will put this nation in the crapper. The
communists would love this. You appear to love this. Ergo
you are the communist mole. QED.

: All the right-wing goons and loons have to do is stop playing games

: with the middle class, poor, seniors and handicapped, which means most
: non-affluent Americans, and everyone goes back to work.

You are on drugs comrade.

RRRRR U U SSSSS H H | Don Boell | Hewlett Packard, Colo. Sprngs
R R U U S H H | | bo...@fscag.col.hp.com
RRRRR U U S HHHHHH | Proud LIFETIME member of the RNC!
R R U U S H H | Opinions expressed are not endorsed
R R UUUUUU SSSSS H H | by Hewlett Packard in any way.

synergy

Jan 4, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/4/96
do...@ix.netcom.com(Dale Harper ) writes:

>In <4cgmcq$5...@cloner2.ix.netcom.com> hir...@ix.netcom.com(WellWell )

>writes:
>>
>>In <4cfi5s$5...@ixnews8.ix.netcom.com> do...@ix.netcom.com(Dale Harper
>)
>>writes:
>>That great gift to our society, Dale Harper, pontificates:
>>

>>>They introduced the bill fool (or is that fool Bill...). All Klinton
>>>has to do is sign it.

>>All the right-wing goons and loons have to do is stop playing games
>>with the middle class, poor, seniors and handicapped, which means most

>>non-affluent Americans, and everyone goes back to work. My goodness,
>>how dim (or is it that dumb) some people are.
>>
>>HR

>It's true. your going to continue to be a fool. There is no hope to

>educate you into any rationality. Live in your little world and be
>comforted.

I'm middle-class, my mother is a senior citizen, and most of my friends
are non-affluent--yet we want the Porkmeister to do the right thing
and sign the balanced budget bills that Congress has wisely passed.
Leftist loons want to continue raping the hardworking people of
America so they can keep getting rich off of Democrat porkbarrel
programs. Americans are tired of tax-and-waste Democrats!

Lee Spires

Jan 4, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/4/96
In article <4cep0p$f...@cloner3.netcom.com>,
rha...@ix.netcom.com(Richard Hanson ) wrote:
>In <4cehve$b...@crl.crl.com> disc...@crl.com (William R. Discipio Jr)
>writes:
>>Check out the law that Congress and the President signed:
>
>Have someone read the Constitution to you; Article I, section VII.
>You're all in the wrong here. you've lost the public support and the
>legal support for what you're doing. The rest is just extortion.

I just love the liberal party line. When it's the 2nd amendment, they
argue "that's what it says but the courts say your wrong." But the
minute they think the Constitution backs them, they're ready to read it
again. As for losing public support, you need to open your eyes. If
EITHER side had overwhelming support, this issue wouldn't be one.

You want to balance the budget, GET RID of welfare. Then we wouldn't

have a problem paying for medicare. Medicare (and all social security
benefits) is giving people what they paid for, medicaid (and all welfare) is
charity (to put it nicely). It's nice to help people out when you can, but
the country is broke. Normal people don't take out a loan to give it
away and neither should the government. And while I'm proposing Quixotic
plans, make the government give back all the money it stole from social
security.

I've got my lance, where's that damn windmill?

Make a device that even a fool can use
and only a fool will use it.
Lee Spires
spi...@one.net http://w3.one.net/~spires

Lee Spires

Jan 4, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/4/96
In article <4ceoqq$b...@ixnews8.ix.netcom.com>,

rha...@ix.netcom.com(Richard Hanson ) wrote:
>In <bobleone.1...@pond.com> bobl...@pond.com (Bob Leone)
>writes:
>>
>>In article <4ceevs$o...@cloner3.netcom.com>
>rha...@ix.netcom.com(Richard Hanson ) writes:
>>

>At no point in the constitution does it state that the House has the
>right to shut the country down.

You have a scope percecption problem. The country isn't shut down, just
selected parts of the federal government. It hasn't affected me except to
make me really annoyed with federal workers.

After watching 8,000 people lose their jobs and another 40,000 scheduled to be
cut in this company alone, I find it hard feel sorry for a federal worker
who's not going to be paid for his vacation for a while.
When a real company lays people off, they're just SOL, not just
inconvenienced.

Make a device that even a fool can use

Alan Bomberger

Jan 4, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/4/96
rha...@ix.netcom.com(Richard Hanson ) writes:

>In <4cf47s$5...@newsbf02.news.aol.com> trlr...@aol.com (TrlrTrax)
>writes:

>>You apparently missed the news! The GOP plan increases Medicare
>payments
>>from $4800 per year per person to $7100!!! It increases premiums over
>>seven years the same as Clinton's proposal. Great news!!!
>>He can sign it now, yes?

>Yawn. I think that most of the known universe (yourself excepted, of
>course) have figured out the fiscal strangulation hold that this
>wonderful 'increase' represents.

Yawn. I think that every sentient being in the known universe
(yourself not being senitent, of course) knows that the President's
$7270 payment isn't significantly different. Go figure.
--

Alan Bomberger | (408)-992-2748 | al...@oes.amdahl.com
Amdahl Corporation | Opinions are free, worth it, and not Amdahl's

David Veal

Jan 4, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/4/96
In article <4ceevs$o...@cloner3.netcom.com>,

Richard Hanson <rha...@ix.netcom.com> wrote:
>Is the Constitution a liar? The constitution states that the Congress
>has exactly two alternatives in the case of financial legislation.
>They can override a veto, or they can redraft the legislation. They do
>NOT have the right to shut the country down. The congress and
>Republican shills like yourself are the liars here.

Constitutionally the Congress is the only body which can authorize
spending. They have as much "right" (Constitutional Authority) to refuse
to do so as they do to authorize it in the first place.

Constitutionally, Congress could shut down and go home for the year.

synergy

Jan 4, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/4/96
do...@ix.netcom.com(Dale Harper ) writes:

>In <4cgi8s$9...@news-s01.ny.us.ibm.net> cow...@ibm.net writes:
>>>
>>And you view is if your old or sick tough shit. If your young and
>health great.
>>Basic breakdown of your Nazi party budget.

>Please, please, the grammar is killing me. I'm used to being insulted
>by educated liberals.

Isn't "educated liberal" an oxymoron?

Troy Allen Johnson

Jan 4, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/4/96
In article <4ceci3$4...@ixnews8.ix.netcom.com> rha...@ix.netcom.com(Richard Hanson ) writes:

>Notably, no Republican has been willing to do this, although the
>President and the Democratic Congress has been willing. If it's so
>frivolous and so unlikely to pass, ask yourself why...because the
>cynical Republican congress, always so willing to accuse the Democrats
>of avariciousness, is more than willing to see the country go down the
>drain while they continue to get paid.

>RH

Mr. Hanson is sadly misinformed here. If anyone saw Jim Lehrer Newshour
last night on PBS, you would have seen Mr. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.)
a member of the so-called "fire-eater freshmen" freely volunteer to
give up his salary if that is what it would take to get the President
to deal in good faith so that they could create a balanced budget
and put people back to work.

If you take the time to collect the facts, you see there is only
the conclusion that the Freshman Republicans are right, and Mr.
Clinton is not dealing with the Congress in good faith.

Troy Johnson

Anyone

Jan 4, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/4/96
Lee Spires wrote:

> In article <4cep0p$f...@cloner3.netcom.com>,

> rha...@ix.netcom.com(Richard Hanson ) wrote:
>
> You want to balance the budget, GET RID of welfare. Then we wouldn't
> have a problem paying for medicare. Medicare (and all social security
> benefits) is giving people what they paid for, medicaid (and all welfare) is
[snip]

How many years does it actually take for a person to draw out all
of the money they ever put into Social Security? Even counting interest?
I would guess no more than 8 years, after that, it's all welfare. Anyone
have actual figures?

-EH

--
#!/bin/perl -s-- -export-a-crypto-system-sig -RSA-3-lines-PERL
$m=unpack(H.$w,$m."\0"x$w),$_=`echo "16do$w 2+4Oi0$d*-^1[d2%Sa

Troy Allen Johnson

Jan 4, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/4/96
In article <4cg11r$7...@mercury.mcs.com>, synergy <syn...@MCS.COM> wrote:

>>Our arguments lose strength with the American public if we resort
>>to this sort of behavior, i.e. the dropping approval rates of the
>>US Congress.
>
>At one time I would have agreed with you, but as recent elections
>have proved, negative campaigning and even mudslinging are very
>effective. This may be due to the fact that people often vote for
>the candidate they feel is least evil. For example, I don't like Dole
>much, but if the race in '96 boils down to Dole vs. Clinton, I'll
>vote for Dole, because Clinton is lower than pondscum.

All too true. In many ways Mr. Dole is just a Republican version
of Mr. Clinton, he waffles just as much, and has failed to keep
many of his promises to his constituents. He is however, an
individual we seem to be able to affect through activism and
the Congress. Mr. Clinton, on the other hand, has proven time
and time again that he feels he knows what is best for us,
despite what we might think/feel. His sending of US troops off
on his "meals on wheels" missions all over the world despite
overwhelming opposition at home (Haiti and Bosnia) for example.
The coming election will, again, be the choice between the
lesser of two evils. That being the case, Mr. Clinton doesn't
stand a chance.

>Your comment about the American people being sick of "politics
>as usual" reminds me of how some would-be censors claim the American
>people are tired of sex and violence on TV and in the movies. The
>fact is that sex and violence sell on TV and in the movies. I tend
>to believe that "politics as usual" is also just as popular as ever.

I really hope not, but I will admit that you may be right. You see,
(I'll admit it, I'm a romantic) I wish for a return to the days when
a politician was required to above suspicion, such as the Eisenhower
administration when a cabinet member was fired over the possibility
that he had improperly used funds to purchase a $50 coat. Now,
before the liberals here jump at the chance to point out the failings
of several conservatives, of which there are many, I will say that
at the very least they don't think so little of the American people
as to believe we are stupid enough to buy a line like "I didn't
inhale." I feel that corruption should be prosecuted to the limit
of the law, no matter the situation.

I almost wonder if this was said with a twinge of sarcasm. : )

>"Necessity is the plea of every infringement of human freedom. It is
>the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves." -- William Pitt

Nice quote, true as well, but I suspect it's meaning will be lost on
most.

Troy Johnson

Andrew Hall

Jan 4, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/4/96

synergy> russ...@wanda.pond.com (Matthew T. Russotto) writes:
>> In article <4ceoia$6...@cloner3.netcom.com>, Richard Hanson
>> <rha...@ix.netcom.com> wrote:

>>> I repeat for all those with any rationality left. The
>>> Constitution directs congress to either override a veto or
>>> introduce alternative legislation. Shutting the country down
>>> is not a legal alternative.

>> Sure is. Nothing in the Constitution requires Congress to
>> appropriate money.

>>> All the congress has to do is pass a CR and they can move on
>>> from there. Anything else is treason.

>> Treason consists only of levying war against the United States,

>> or adhering to its enemies, giving them aid and comfort.

synergy> Do you think Clintoon's support of the USSR when he was a
synergy> student at Oxford constituted treason?

What support for the USSR?

Anyone

Jan 4, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/4/96
synergy wrote:

> Pretty soon, even Buchanan is going to pull ahead of the Porkmeister in
> the polls, if Porky Prez doesn't start shoveling pork to federal workers
> again.

Trivia Question:

What congressional district gets more per-capita PORK than any other?
^N
That's right...
Newtie Boy's district. Maybe he should send some of it back in order
to lower the debt. HAHAHahahahahahahahahahahahah.....

Dale Harper

Jan 4, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/4/96
Hanson ) writes:

>In <NEWTNews.82069...@jjp.halcyon.com> Joe Pruskowski
><j...@halcyon.com> writes:
>>

>>In Article<4cecuo$v...@ixnews5.ix.netcom.com>, <rha...@ix.netcom.com>
>writes:

>that
>>> doesn't

>and
>>> when
>>> gets
>>>
>>> Bull. The debt goes up and tax breaks and cut backs in the Capital
>>> Gains Tax makes it go up still further. You represent a loud
>minority,
>>> but it's still a minority. The majority of Americans don't even
>want
>>> the insulting $1.47 per day that's being waved in front of their
>noses
>>> as a bribe to accept the destruction of welfare, medicare,
>>> environmental protection laws, and other obscenities the Right Wing
>is
>>> aiming at.
>>>
>>> RH
>>
>>You've twisted things around - first off, you're correct that most
>americans
>>do not want the tax cuts AT THIS TIME. Once we can get the gov.
>reigned in
>>and the budget balanced, I want my taxes to be cut - CONSIDERABLY.
>Secondly,
>>please don't lump together welfare, medicare, protection laws, etc.
>They are
>>all very separate and I (as many people do) have differing opinions
on
>each of
>>them. However, what you may find is that the majority of Americans
>are tired
>>of paying for corrupt and broken welfare programs. They haven't
>worked since
>>LBJ installed his "War of Poverty", which is one of the factors that
>sucked
>>our country dry over the last 30 years.
>>
>>Unfortunately, America has lost its core values which include a work
>ethic and
>>personal responsibility - thanks to the liberals America may not even
>exist in
>>another 50 years. For a look ahead, better stay tuned to Rusia and
>Bosnia,
>>because with our current breakdown in values that's where we're
>headed.
>
>Is it absolutely necessary for you to post your lies twice? One
>posting was enough to show that you either don't understand or are
>being deliberately disingenuous concerning welfare and liberalism.
>
>RH

No...we just don't suffer fools well.

Richard Hanson

Jan 4, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/4/96
writes:

Of course we all might have expected this final comment. Name calling
is always the final refuge of the incompetent.

RH

It is loading more messages.