REPUBLICAN APPROVAL RATING STILL SINKING

QuiG...@webtv.net

Nov 22, 2008, 1:54:05 PM11/22/08
http://allspinzone.com/wp/2008/11/21/republican-approvals-still-sinking/

Republican Approvals Still Sinking

What in the world forced the Republican approval numbers even further
down after the elections? Could it be that Palin staying in the news had
a negative effect, or did Americans recoil from watching that other
post-election story, about convicted criminal, Republican Ted Stevens,
almost winning his seat. Corruption thy name is GOP,

Commentary By: Steven Reynolds
I honestly didn?t think the Republican approval ratings could be worse
than they were before the election. There?s no John McCain out there to
drive them down. Sure, we?ve heard from Mitt and Sarah and Huckabee and
Bobby Jindal since the election, but could they have caused the
Republican brand to erode even further? Well, that?s what the Gallup
Poll is showing. Here?s some of it from CNN:

The Republican Party has hit a new low.
Just 34 percent of Americans in a Gallup Poll released Thursday say they
have a favorable view of the party, down 40 percent from a month ago,
before the election.
What’s worse: 61 percent of Americans have an unfavorable view
of the Republican Party.
According to Gallup, that unfavorable rating is the highest the polling
organization has recorded for the GOP since the measure was established
in 1992.
Maybe this is a bandwagon effect. Democratic polling numbers are also
higher, and they?re ?basking in the glow? of those numbers, as CNN says.
I suppose the real factor there is the celebration after the victory ?
very wholesome and appealing, and it is hard to imagine all people
maintaining their hate in the face of the Obama daughters up their on
stage. Still, what could be driving those Republican numbers down even
further.
I?ve got it! Blame Ted Stevens! During the period the poll was taken the
Stevens Senate seat was still an open question. I?m betting the notion
of a convicted Senator winning his seat back, which was one of the
dominant post-election stories, further damaged the Republican brand. I
remember thinking that if the Republicans didn?t condemn Stevens before
the election it would hurt them. Seems it just might be hurting them
down, even though the proper outcome, Stevens losing, has happened.
Friday, November 21st, 2008 | Reddit |
Category: 2008 Congressional Elections, GOP Court Docket, Republican
Arrogance, Republican Incompetence | Permalink |

continued
http://allspinzone.com/wp/2008/11/21/republican-approvals-still-sinking/