Ann Coulter Slams Barack Obama After Democrat Attacks Christian Right

Clint Hunter

Jun 26, 2007, 6:47:39 AM6/26/07
On Fox News' Sean Hannity TV program last night Ann Coulter made a
reference to
Democrat presidential candidate Barak Hussein Obama's stating that
the conservatives had
hijacked the Christian religion and were dividing the country.

Ms. Coulter very wittingly replied that any one with the middle name
of Hussein should not
be using the word "hijacked" in a public speech. And because the U.S.
is at
war in an Islamic jihad should also avoid referring to religion.

Score Coulter 1 and Obama 0 in this exchange.

Wes Penn

Jun 26, 2007, 6:58:27 AM6/26/07

If you're using Ann Coulter as a beacon or Christian values, may God
help you

Joe S.

Jun 26, 2007, 6:59:20 AM6/26/07

"Clint Hunter" <cice...@rogers.com> wrote in message

Obama's speech got far more coverage than Coulter's babbling.

Maybe you want to score with Coulter but I don't know anyone else who would
touch that loon.

And as for Obama's remarks -- he was absolutely correct -- the "religious
right" has hijacked Christianity.

CB

Jun 26, 2007, 7:30:53 AM6/26/07

"Wes Penn" <wesp...@gmail.com> wrote in message

He wasn't and may God bless her for pointing out the obvious.
--
CB
Democrats have never found a fight they couldn't run from.

Chom Noamsky

Jun 26, 2007, 7:31:37 AM6/26/07
"Clint Hunter" <cice...@rogers.com> wrote in message

Bush said God told him to invade Afghanistan and Iraq, so religion is fair
play.

As for Ann, she's been irrelevant for a long time. Her opinions are
sub-intellectual trash.

CB

Jun 26, 2007, 7:32:02 AM6/26/07

"Joe S." <non...@nosuch.net> wrote in message

How so?
--
CB
http://www.democrap.com/mambo/

Constitutional American

Jun 26, 2007, 7:32:30 AM6/26/07
On Jun 26, 6:30 am, "CB" <C...@PrayForMe.com> wrote:
> "Wes Penn" <wespen...@gmail.com> wrote in message

True...it's said God loves all drunks and fools.

?????????????

Jun 26, 2007, 7:36:57 AM6/26/07

"Joe S." <non...@nosuch.net> wrote in message

> "Clint Hunter" <cice...@rogers.com> wrote in message
>> On Fox News' Sean Hannity TV program last night Ann Coulter made a
>> reference to
>> Democrat presidential candidate Barak Hussein Obama's stating that
>> the conservatives had
>> hijacked the Christian religion and were dividing the country.
>>
>> Ms. Coulter very wittingly replied that any one with the middle name
>> of Hussein should not
>> be using the word "hijacked" in a public speech. And because the U.S.
>> is at
>> war in an Islamic jihad should also avoid referring to religion.
>>
>> Score Coulter 1 and Obama 0 in this exchange.
>>

> Obama's speech got far more coverage than Coulter's babbling.

=====================

The More Osama Hussein talks, the more his poll numbers collapse.

10x

Jun 26, 2007, 7:39:22 AM6/26/07
On Tue, 26 Jun 2007 06:59:20 -0400, "Joe S." <non...@nosuch.net>
wrote:

And under the constitution of the U.S.A. they have every right to
practice the religion of their choice.
Got a problem with that?

Roger

Jun 26, 2007, 7:41:10 AM6/26/07
The dim are amused.

Giggle, you dimwits.

Clint Northwood

Jun 26, 2007, 7:41:37 AM6/26/07
Clint Hunter cice...@rogers.com said:
> On Fox News' Sean Hannity TV program last night Ann Coulter made a
> reference to
> Democrat presidential candidate Barak Hussein Obama's stating that
> the conservatives had
> hijacked the Christian religion and were dividing the country.

All Republicans agree that Ann Coulter is the smartest republican ever because
they know that Republican men are brainless, drooling slobs; cowards and
imbeciles.

Sean Hannity and Rush Limbaugh have such low intelligence that they couldn't
hack college and dropped out. They're like almost all Republicans.

When Ann Coulter called for the terrorist bombing of the NY Times because she
disagreed with their opinion, she was reflecting the values of the Republican
party, the American right which included other terrorists like Eric Rudolph,
Timothy McVeigh and Charles Witman.

Bush knows this, and it's why he's given Osama Bin Ladin a pass.

Message has been deleted

MikeC

Jun 26, 2007, 8:10:35 AM6/26/07
"Clint Hunter" <cice...@rogers.com> wrote in message

Oh wow, she made fun of his NAME? How original!

Mitchell Holman

Jun 26, 2007, 8:17:26 AM6/26/07
10x <10x@teluös.net> wrote in

And if the Republicans had their way, the "right" to
impose it on everyone else.

Mitchell Holman

"The Republican Party of Texas affirms that the United
States of America is a Christian nation. Our Party pledges
to exert its influence to dispel the myth of the separation
of Church and State."
Texas 2004 GOP Party Platform

Message has been deleted

10x

Jun 26, 2007, 9:49:22 AM6/26/07

The U.S. constitution protects that too.
It is up to the voters to deal with these people...
Mind you voting in a Democrat isn't much better than voting in a
Republican.

Amanda Williams

Jun 26, 2007, 9:59:06 AM6/26/07
Clint Hunter <cice...@rogers.com> allegedly said in

THIS what passes for "wit" among reichtards???? How sad...

WGAS what coultard "thinks" about anything??? She and the rest of the
reichtards shills are totally irrelevant and only of interest for their
amusement value..

But why don't you stick to sucking "dough-boy" harper's dick and leave the
adults alone???

Gonzo Funeral Watch: 106 days 9 hours 55 minutes and counting.

--
AW

<small but dangerous>

Baldin Lee Pramer

Jun 26, 2007, 10:53:34 AM6/26/07

Here remark was not witty. It was obvious and pedestrian.

Blinky

Baldin Lee Pramer

Jun 26, 2007, 10:56:10 AM6/26/07
On Jun 26, 5:36 am, "?????????????" <?????????????@?????????????.com>
wrote:

> "Joe S." <non...@nosuch.net> wrote in message

> > "Clint Hunter" <cicer...@rogers.com> wrote in message

> >> On Fox News' Sean Hannity TV program last night Ann Coulter made a
> >> reference to
> >> Democrat presidential candidate Barak Hussein Obama's stating that
> >> the conservatives had
> >> hijacked the Christian religion and were dividing the country.
>
> >> Ms. Coulter very wittingly replied that any one with the middle name
> >> of Hussein should not
> >> be using the word "hijacked" in a public speech. And because the U.S.
> >> is at
> >> war in an Islamic jihad should also avoid referring to religion.
>
> >> Score Coulter 1 and Obama 0 in this exchange.
>
> > Obama's speech got far more coverage than Coulter's babbling.
>
> =====================
>
> The More Osama Hussein talks, the more his poll numbers collapse.

Obama's poll numbers are showing a steady upward trend.

Blinky

salad

Jun 26, 2007, 11:23:50 AM6/26/07

Well said. The Christian fundies are the in-your-face sect of Christians.

Another problem with them is they think everybody else is like them.
They diddle little boys and girls, gamble obsessively, con people out of
money, have adulturous affairs. Then on Sunday they preach to the
gullible about their sins, not theirs.

It they'd simply let other people worship as they see fit and leave
others alone they'd be more tolerable.

As far as Anne Coulter goes, if she didn't make over the top and
outrageous statements nobody would listen to her. Have you noticed the
insane seem to attract the Clint Hunters, the 10Xs, the CBs, etc?

tom...@aol.com

Jun 26, 2007, 11:36:50 AM6/26/07

Stan Coulter is such a walking advertisement for the stupidity of
Republi-shills. Check out her pretend points:

1) She doesn't realise the hijackings were done by Al Qaida, and had
nothing to do with Saddam Hussein.
2) She thinks the fact we are confronting Islamic Jihad (caused by
fanatical extremists who have hijacked that faith) we should NOT be
resisting attempts by fanatical extremists from hijacking our own
faith.
3) She thinks anyone is going to take her seriously on issues of
faith.

David Johnston

Jun 26, 2007, 12:06:31 PM6/26/07

So what? Obama wasn't trying to stop them. He was trying to mobilise
left-wing Christianity.

Alfred E. Newman

Jun 26, 2007, 12:27:44 PM6/26/07
==============
What about obama's stupidity ? Is this your poster child for
president !!
"oops", sorry I asked a dumb question.

Alfred E. Newman

Jun 26, 2007, 12:31:06 PM6/26/07
On Jun 26, 6:59 am, "Joe S." <non...@nosuch.net> wrote:
> "Clint Hunter" <cicer...@rogers.com> wrote in message

> > On Fox News' Sean Hannity TV program last night Ann Coulter made a
> > reference to
> > Democrat presidential candidate Barak Hussein Obama's stating that
> > the conservatives had
> > hijacked the Christian religion and were dividing the country.
>
> > Ms. Coulter very wittingly replied that any one with the middle name
> > of Hussein should not
> > be using the word "hijacked" in a public speech. And because the U.S.
> > is at
> > war in an Islamic jihad should also avoid referring to religion.
>
> > Score Coulter 1 and Obama 0 in this exchange.
>
> Obama's speech got far more coverage than Coulter's babbling.
>
> Maybe you want to score with Coulter but I don't know anyone else who would
> touch that loon.
===============
Are you wanting to blow the muslim Obama, is that it ?

> And as for Obama's remarks -- he was absolutely correct -- the "religious
> right" has hijacked Christianity.

===================
No more than the Blacks have highjacked the ACLU.

P.Henry

Jun 26, 2007, 12:35:47 PM6/26/07
On Tue, 26 Jun 2007 03:47:39 -0700, Clint Hunter wrote:

Obama was right on. This nazi bitch proves his point.

neoconis_ignoramus

Jun 26, 2007, 12:38:49 PM6/26/07
On Jun 26, 3:59 am, "Joe S." <non...@nosuch.net> wrote:
> "Clint Hunter" <cicer...@rogers.com> wrote in message

What are you talking about? I'm sure Jesus would have been a Mexican-
hating, moneygrubbing, xenophobic half-wit who uses his supposed
"faith" to justify all kinds of un-Christian acts, just like the
little churchgoing lemmings are today.

UnderdogFL

Jun 26, 2007, 12:44:09 PM6/26/07
On Jun 26, 6:59 am, "Joe S." <non...@nosuch.net> wrote:
> "Clint Hunter" <cicer...@rogers.com> wrote in message

What you refer to as the "Religious Right" are old-line evangelicals.
Anyone with a mind knows that churches like the United Churches of
Christ abandoned their fundamentalist roots. In effect, the Religious
Left LEFT. It was not a hijacking, it was an abdication by the left.

The UCC and the likes of Barak Hussain Obama wish to present the Left
as the bosom of Christ but in fact deny the foundational principles of
Christian teachings (fundamentals) of evangelicals.

Barak screwed up when he disowned conservative christians unhappy with
the current political options. Barak needs to be a "uniter", not a
theological divider.

Number 9

Jun 26, 2007, 1:02:54 PM6/26/07
On Jun 26, 6:32 am, "CB" <C...@PrayForMe.com> wrote:
> "Joe S." <non...@nosuch.net> wrote in message

> > "Clint Hunter" <cicer...@rogers.com> wrote in message

> >> On Fox News' Sean Hannity TV program last night Ann Coulter made a
> >> reference to
> >> Democrat presidential candidate Barak Hussein Obama's stating that
> >> the conservatives had
> >> hijacked the Christian religion and were dividing the country.
>
> >> Ms. Coulter very wittingly replied that any one with the middle name
> >> of Hussein should not
> >> be using the word "hijacked" in a public speech. And because the U.S.
> >> is at
> >> war in an Islamic jihad should also avoid referring to religion.
>
> >> Score Coulter 1 and Obama 0 in this exchange.
>
> > Obama's speech got far more coverage than Coulter's babbling.
>
> > Maybe you want to score with Coulter but I don't know anyone else who
> > would touch that loon.
>
> > And as for Obama's remarks -- he was absolutely correct -- the "religious
> > right" has hijacked Christianity.
>
> How so?

By turning it into a profit center.

> --
> CBhttp://www.democrap.com/mambo/
> Click to play the clip, Islamofascist call on American Useful Idiots- Hide quoted text -

David Johnston

Jun 26, 2007, 1:32:55 PM6/26/07

But then again it wasn't an exchange. Obama said nothing about
Coulter or to her.

Guy

Jun 26, 2007, 1:55:27 PM6/26/07

"Clint Hunter" <cice...@rogers.com> wrote in message

> On Fox News' Sean Hannity TV program last night Ann Coulter made a
> reference to
> Democrat presidential candidate Barak Hussein Obama's stating that
> the conservatives had
> hijacked the Christian religion and were dividing the country.
>
> Ms. Coulter very wittingly replied that any one with the middle name
> of Hussein

Oh how original and precious she is.

reality

Jun 26, 2007, 2:01:24 PM6/26/07

Didn't the ACLU once side with Rush Limpdick? I didn't know that he
was black.

Igor

Jun 26, 2007, 3:34:40 PM6/26/07
On Jun 26, 6:47 am, Clint Hunter <cicer...@rogers.com> wrote:
> On Fox News' Sean Hannity TV program last night Ann Coulter made a
> reference to
> Democrat presidential candidate Barak Hussein Obama's stating that
> the conservatives had
> hijacked the Christian religion and were dividing the country.
>
> Ms. Coulter very wittingly replied that any one with the middle name
> of Hussein should not
> be using the word "hijacked" in a public speech. And because the U.S.
> is at
> war in an Islamic jihad should also avoid referring to religion.
>
> Score Coulter 1 and Obama 0 in this exchange.

Fox News? You've got to be kidding. They're like one of those old
Gahan Wilson cartoons. If you don't like reality, just change the
channel. Besides, with their track record and their extremely ironic
slogan, they should be ashamed to even call themselves news, which
they clearly are not.

Igor

Jun 26, 2007, 3:36:57 PM6/26/07
On Jun 26, 9:07 am, Horatio Fudruckerton <nos...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 26 Jun 2007 03:47:39 -0700, Clint Hunter <cicer...@rogers.com>

> wrote:
>
> >On Fox News' Sean Hannity TV program last night Ann Coulter made a
> >reference to
> >Democrat presidential candidate Barak Hussein Obama's stating that
> >the conservatives had
> >hijacked the Christian religion and were dividing the country.
>
> >Ms. Coulter very wittingly replied that any one with the middle name
> >of Hussein should not
> >be using the word "hijacked" in a public speech. And because the U.S.
> >is at
> >war in an Islamic jihad should also avoid referring to religion.
>
> >Score Coulter 1 and Obama 0 in this exchange.
>
> Obama is really too dumb to be President.

Well, people said baboons can't post to usenet, but you're living
proof that they can.

Stephen

Jun 26, 2007, 3:40:30 PM6/26/07

But at least she gets to make her " obvious and pedestrian "comments
on the highest rated cable news network wheras you get to make your
comments usenet.....

George Grapman

Jun 26, 2007, 3:46:19 PM6/26/07
That "highest" rating is more of a reflection on the failure of the
other networks rather than the success of Fox News which,in reality,
overs well under the 2.0 mark.

ZNUYBV

Jun 26, 2007, 4:06:43 PM6/26/07
On Jun 26, 4:32 am, Constitutional American <wespen...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> On Jun 26, 6:30 am, "CB" <C...@PrayForMe.com> wrote:
>

> > "Wes Penn" <wespen...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> > > If you're using Ann Coulter as a beacon or Christian values, may God
> > > help you
>
> > He wasn't and may God bless her for pointing out the obvious.
> > --
> > CB
> > Democrats have never found a fight they couldn't run from.
> > On "Meet the Press" last month, Sen. Joe Biden was asked whether he would
> > support military action against Iran if the Iranians were to go
> > "full-speed-ahead with their program to build a nuclear bomb."
> > No, of course not. There is, Biden said, "no imminent threat at this point."
> > Democrats won't acknowledge the existence of "an imminent threat" anyplace
> > in the world until a nuclear missile is 12 minutes from New York. And then
> > we'll never have the satisfaction of saying "I told you so" because we'll
> > all be dead.
> > --Ann Coulterhttp://www.anncoulter.com/cgi-local/welcome.cgi
>
> True...it's said God loves all drunks and fools.

Who told you that? Teddy Kennedy?

ZNUYBV

Jun 26, 2007, 4:08:35 PM6/26/07
On Jun 26, 3:59 am, "Joe S." <non...@nosuch.net> wrote:
> "Clint Hunter" <cicer...@rogers.com> wrote in message

> > On Fox News' Sean Hannity TV program last night Ann Coulter made a
> > reference to
> > Democrat presidential candidate Barak Hussein Obama's stating that
> > the conservatives had
> > hijacked the Christian religion and were dividing the country.
>
> > Ms. Coulter very wittingly replied that any one with the middle name
> > of Hussein should not
> > be using the word "hijacked" in a public speech. And because the U.S.
> > is at
> > war in an Islamic jihad should also avoid referring to religion.
>
> > Score Coulter 1 and Obama 0 in this exchange.
>
> Obama's speech got far more coverage than Coulter's babbling.

Of course. Barack is the Magic Negro.

> Maybe you want to score with Coulter but I don't know anyone else who would
> touch that loon.

Baldin Lee Pramer

Jun 26, 2007, 4:14:53 PM6/26/07

Big deal. I am smarter than her and I am right far more often.

Blinky

ZNUYBV

Jun 26, 2007, 4:47:54 PM6/26/07

-12.6 according to RCP average. Hillary is a sure winner in '08;
Obama is a sure loser. Let's hope the Dems go with Obama.

ZNUYBV

Jun 26, 2007, 4:51:36 PM6/26/07
On Jun 26, 9:38 am, neoconis_ignoramus <bellamac...@verizon.net>
wrote:

Jesus is a Mexican.

Peter White

Jun 26, 2007, 4:58:15 PM6/26/07

Ann Coulter ?
Is that guy still around with his blond wig, dressed in drag and
using a voice that only monkey might accept.
So he's still around eh.
Thought that little bit of neocon farting had expired.

Bokonon

Jun 26, 2007, 4:59:41 PM6/26/07

"CB" <C...@PrayForMe.com> wrote in message

>> And as for Obama's remarks -- he was absolutely correct -- the "religious
>> right" has hijacked Christianity.
>

> How so?

By claiming to represent mainstream American Christians or for that matter -
the interests of mainstream Americans at all.

--
"History! Read it and weep!"
-Bokonon

Chom Noamsky

Jun 26, 2007, 5:37:59 PM6/26/07
"Igor" <thoo...@excite.com> wrote in message

It's not much different than Pravda was for the Communist Party.

t1gercat

Jun 26, 2007, 5:51:35 PM6/26/07
On Jun 26, 6:47 am, Clint Hunter <cicer...@rogers.com> wrote:
> On Fox News' Sean Hannity TV program last night Ann Coulter made a
> reference to
> Democrat presidential candidate Barak Hussein Obama's stating that
> the conservatives had
> hijacked the Christian religion and were dividing the country.
>
> Ms. Coulter very wittingly replied that any one with the middle name
> of Hussein should not
> be using the word "hijacked" in a public speech. And because the U.S.
> is at
> war in an Islamic jihad should also avoid referring to religion.
>
> Score Coulter 1 and Obama 0 in this exchange.

Interesting Rightard analysis. One for the books, actually. Let's see,
Obama, whon is a Christian, has no right to say anything about
rightwing Christians because his middle name is Middle Eastern. Oh,
my! Isn't that clever. Coulter's irrespressible humor, ineradicable
racism, and gross appeal to the lowest and most stupid of her cohorts
is right on! You gotta love her. She knows just how stupid you people
are and just what she has to say to tweek you on. Don't you know
you're part of the joke, Goober?

t1gercat

Jun 26, 2007, 5:57:12 PM6/26/07
On Jun 26, 12:44 pm, UnderdogFL <rdbyrn...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Jun 26, 6:59 am, "Joe S." <non...@nosuch.net> wrote:
>

> > "Clint Hunter" <cicer...@rogers.com> wrote in message

> > > On Fox News' Sean Hannity TV program last night Ann Coulter made a
> > > reference to
> > > Democrat presidential candidate Barak Hussein Obama's stating that
> > > the conservatives had
> > > hijacked the Christian religion and were dividing the country.
>
> > > Ms. Coulter very wittingly replied that any one with the middle name
> > > of Hussein should not
> > > be using the word "hijacked" in a public speech. And because the U.S.
> > > is at
> > > war in an Islamic jihad should also avoid referring to religion.
>
> > > Score Coulter 1 and Obama 0 in this exchange.
>
> > Obama's speech got far more coverage than Coulter's babbling.
>
> > Maybe you want to score with Coulter but I don't know anyone else who would
> > touch that loon.
>
> > And as for Obama's remarks -- he was absolutely correct -- the "religious
> > right" has hijacked Christianity.

Lovely

> What you refer to as the "Religious Right" are old-line evangelicals.
> Anyone with a mind knows that churches like the United Churches of
> Christ abandoned their fundamentalist roots. In effect, the Religious
> Left LEFT. It was not a hijacking, it was an abdication by the left.
>
> The UCC and the likes of Barak Hussain Obama wish to present the Left
> as the bosom of Christ but in fact deny the foundational principles of
> Christian teachings (fundamentals) of evangelicals.
>
> Barak screwed up when he disowned conservative christians unhappy with
> the current political options. Barak needs to be a "uniter", not a

> theological divider.- Hide quoted text -

The Left is much closer to Christian fundamentals than anything ever
preached by black suited Bible Belting thugs. If you can find anything
Christian about letting people starve in the midst of plenty, about
lying the country into a disasterous war, about denying health care
and turing away refugees, then show me the Biblical passages. While
you're at it, show us all Christ's condemnation of gay love and praise
of earthly wealth. If you can't then shut up.

Clay Hunter

Jun 26, 2007, 6:09:06 PM6/26/07

Hmm. Must be another gullible Bush lover.

More proof that Reichtards are gullible; willing to believe anything due to
their lack of intelligence.

Even if Fox was the most viewed cable network in the USA, they're numbers don't
amount to shit compared to the big 3. Besides, they're not the most viewed and
high rating mean nothing in comparison to most viewed.

You've been taken by another Fox News lie.

The Ratings Mirage
Why Fox has higher ratings--when CNN has more viewers

By Steve Rendall

Reporting on the ratings rivalry between the Fox News Channel (FNC) and CNN is
often misleading--and almost always over-hyped.

"Fox Tops CNN as Choice for Cable News," declared one typical headline (Chicago
Tribune , 3/24/03). "Fox News Channel Continues to Crush CNN ," reported Knight
Ridder (Dallas Morning News , 2/3/04) in a column comparing the rivalry to a
party primary: "Fox News Channel is winning the Nielsen caucuses." Last summer
(8/17/03), the New York Times Magazine declared, looking back at the period of
the Iraq invasion, "Fox was--and still is--trouncing CNN in the ratings."

After exposure to countless similar stories published since January 2002, when
Fox was reported to have surpassed CNN in the Nielsen ratings, one might
naturally conclude that Fox has more viewers than CNN .

But it's not true. On any given day, more people typically tune to CNN than to
Fox .

So what are the media reports talking about? With few exceptions, stories about
the media business report a single number for ratings (often expressed two
different ways--as "points" or "share"). This number is often presented as if
it were the result of a popularity contest or a democratic vote. But it is
actually the average number of viewers watching a station or a show in a
typical minute, based on Nielsen Media Research's monitoring of thousands of
households.

The average is arrived at by counting viewers every minute. Heavy viewers--
those who tune in to a station and linger there--have a greater impact, as they
can be counted multiple times as they watch throughout the day.

When an outlet reports that CNN is trailing Fox , they are almost invariably
using this average tally, which Fox has been winning for the past two years.
For the year 2003, Nielsen's average daily ratings show Fox beating CNN 1.02
million viewers to 665,000.

But there is another important number collected by Nielsen (though only made
available to the firm's clients) that tells another story. This is the "cume,"
the cumulative total number of viewers who watch a channel for at least six
minutes during a given day. Unlike the average ratings number the media usually
report, this number gives the same weight to the light viewer, who tunes in for
a brief time, as it does to the heavy viewer.

How can CNN have more total viewers when Fox has such a commanding lead in
average viewers? Conventional industry wisdom is that CNN viewers tune in
briefly to catch up on news and headlines, while Fox viewers watch longer for
the opinion and personality-driven programming. Because the smaller total
number of Fox viewers are watching more hours, they show up in the ratings as a
higher average number of viewers.

CNN regularly claims a cume about 20 percent higher than Fox 's (Deseret
Morning News , 1/12/04). For instance, in April 2003, during the height of the
fighting in Iraq, CNN 's cume was significantly higher than Fox 's: 105 million
viewers tuned into CNN compared to 86 million for Fox (Cablefax , 4/30/03). But
in the same period, the ratings reported by most media outlets had Fox in the
lead, with an average of 3.5 million viewers to CNN 's 2.2 million.

Even among Fox 's core audience of conservatives, CNN has an edge in total
viewership. A study by the ad agency Carat USA (Hollywood Reporter , 8/13/03)
found that 37 percent of viewers calling themselves "very conservative" watch
CNN in the course of a week, while only 32 percent tune to Fox .

Show me the money

Journalists who publish Nielsen numbers ought to explain that the data are not
simply measures of popularity, and they are not produced as a service to
journalists or the public. The figures are gathered to provide advertisers with
complex data about viewer habits. It pays to remember that neither cable news
stations nor Nielsen Media Research are primarily in the business of serving
the public interest--both are in the business of delivering audiences to
advertisers.

Advertisers would rather see larger numbers of viewers see each ad a few times
than have a smaller number watch the ad over and over again. But having a large
number of viewers tune in for so short a period of time that they see very few
ads is not desirable either. As Sherrill Maine, CNN 's senior vice president of
marketing, was quoted in the Cablefax (1/26/03): "We'd like Fox 's [average]
ratings; Fox would like our cume."

But in the race between these two for-profit ventures, the bottom line is the
bottom line: From their capitalistic perspective, the channel that gets more ad
revenue is winning the real ratings war. Earnings for the two channels are a
contentious subject--since neither network reports its revenues separate from
its corporate parent, and each claims to earn more income than its rival. But
many industry analysts say CNN still makes more money. Stock analyst Michael
Gallant told the Chicago Tribune (11/28/03) that while Fox is growing faster,
CNN is still earning about $200 million more per year than Fox (Television Week
, 10/20/03).

Furthermore, CNN apparently continues to command higher ad rates, or CPM. CPM
stands for "cost per thousand" (using the Roman numeral), the price a
television outlet charges advertisers per thousand television households
reached by a commercial. Though Fox began claiming to have reached CPM parity
with CNN last summer, CNN chair Jim Walton insisted that CNN 's rate was still
40 percent higher (Television Week , 7/14/03).

In interviews with Extra! , ad buyers for three different firms (all of whom
declined to be named) confirmed that CNN continues to command a higher CPM,
though their estimates of the gap in prices was less than half that quoted by
Walton.

One of the reasons for CNN 's lead in CPM, according to the buyers, is the
advertiser preference for lighter viewers. Such viewers tend to come from the
most desirable demographics--younger, busier, more free-spending--and because
they're harder to reach with ads, the law of supply and demand drives their
cost up.

One media buyer we interviewed analyzed the contrast between Fox and CNN in
terms of programming and viewing habits, telling Extra! : "CNN is like news
radio where people drop in for the news; Fox is like talk radio, where they
stay longer for the opinion shows."

An ad executive interviewed in Media Week last year (2/10/03) suggested that
snob appeal was part of CNN 's edge in the race for ad dollars: "There are two
kinds of news advertisers. If you're talking cold remedies, you're buying
eyeballs. Others are looking for an environment, an image. They're looking to
reach decision-makers and influencers who watch news. If you're an image-
oriented product--a BMW, Mercedes, Lexus--it's not even a question, you go with
CNN . There's no comparison in the quality of the journalism--CNN is light
years ahead in objectivity and reporting--and I don't think Fox 's 'New York
Post on TV' approach appeals to the most desirable consumers."

Fox vs. everyone else

Fox News Channel , then, is so far neither the choice of most people who watch
cable news, nor the more successful business model. But the perception that Fox
is "trouncing" CNN --based largely on the fact that the number Nielsen releases
to the public emphasizes heavy viewers--is of great use to Fox , which trumpets
these ratings as a vindication of its partisan, "fair & balanced" approach to
the news. Reacting to a guest's charge that Fox had a right-wing bias, Brian
Kilmeade, co-host of the successful Fox & Friends morning show (2/25/03),
boasted: "Then what does that say about the country when they made us No. 1?"

But even in the limited sense of average hourly watchers, Fox is only No. 1
among 24-hour cable news channels. Fox , like CNN , now reaches about 4 of
every 5 television households, so comparisons with broadcast news shows are
increasingly valid. And among all television news sources, Fox 's performance
is nothing to brag about.

The O'Reilly Factor is the best-rated show on Fox , with about 2 million
viewers a night (Daily Variety , 12/5/03). CBS Evening News , the least-watched
broadcast network evening news show, routinely gets four or five times as big
an audience, and that's seen as a ratings disaster. Fox 's flagship news show,
Special Report with Brit Hume , gets a million viewers on a good night-a few
thousand more than the local newscast of New York City's WNBC (Hollywood
Reporter , 10/1/03; Nielsen).

Fox likes to position itself as the alternative to all the other news that's on
TV. As Fox News president Roger Ailes likes to claim (New York Times ,
6/24/01), "If we look conservative, it's because the other guys are so far to
the left." If it's true that news can be put into two categories--Fox and
everything else--then when Special Report airs, everything else beats Fox by at
least 30 to one.

Docky Wocky

Jun 26, 2007, 6:15:17 PM6/26/07
joe s sez:

"Obama's speech got far more coverage than Coulter's babbling..."
____________________________
You hope.

funny how liberals speak as one whenever Coulter comes up.

But what else would you expect from Borg?

Slo

Jun 26, 2007, 6:19:45 PM6/26/07
On Jun 26, 4:30 am, "CB" <C...@PrayForMe.com> wrote:

> He wasn't and may God bless her for pointing out the obvious.

"Bush really is a uniter because we're all just waiting for this
nincompoop to be gone. I think we all finally are on the same page on
that." --- Ann Coulter

Iswakd

Jun 26, 2007, 6:20:43 PM6/26/07
ZNUYBV auto2...@hushmail.com said:
> On Jun 26, 3:59 am, "Joe S." <non...@nosuch.net> wrote:
> > [quoted text muted]

> > > Score Coulter 1 and Obama 0 in this exchange.
> >
> > Obama's speech got far more coverage than Coulter's babbling.
> >
> Of course. Barack is the Magic Negro.

We already know that Republican racists like you, Limbaugh, Hannity and Coulter
hate black people and are pathological liars (your references to Obama as being
a Muslim are an example). Rightists are mentally ill. They love to lie and to
be lied to. They even support a gibbering moron for President who can't speak
English and whose brain is so coked out and decimated from his 35 years of
alcohol abuse that he remains confused all of the time. He probably can't wipe
his own ass.

Docky Wocky

Jun 26, 2007, 6:22:23 PM6/26/07
blinky? sez:

"Obama's poll numbers are showing a steady upward trend..."
_____________________________
Imagine.

We have to put up with this crap for nearly the next year and a half.

By the time November, 2008 arrives, O'Bama will have either self-destructed,
or the wicked witch of New Yawk will have cast a dark spell over him to make
him invisible.

He could possibly even choke on a chicken bone. Tyson's, of course.

What's with Blinky, Baldy? New ID?

Dana

Jun 26, 2007, 6:22:44 PM6/26/07
Nope, probably Bush. Who, with 40 years of narcotic, marijuana and alcohol
abuse under his belt, is brain damaged so badly that he's unable speak his
mother tongue without sounding like a retard and a candidate for detox.

Docky Wocky

Jun 26, 2007, 6:30:43 PM6/26/07
tigercat sez:

"The Left is much closer to Christian fundamentals than anything ever

preached by black suited Bible Belting thugs..."
______________________________

As Hopalong Cassidy said, "The left has never, ever, suffered from humility,
has it?"

What was it they called those know-it-all dudes in the Hebrew temples?

Pharisees? Lefties?

The Right One

Jun 26, 2007, 6:31:13 PM6/26/07

"Chom Noamsky" <b...@t.me> wrote in message
> "Clint Hunter" <cice...@rogers.com> wrote in message

>> On Fox News' Sean Hannity TV program last night Ann Coulter made a
>> reference to
>> Democrat presidential candidate Barak Hussein Obama's stating that
>> the conservatives had
>> hijacked the Christian religion and were dividing the country.
>>
>> Ms. Coulter very wittingly replied that any one with the middle name
>> of Hussein should not
>> be using the word "hijacked" in a public speech. And because the U.S.
>> is at
>> war in an Islamic jihad should also avoid referring to religion.
>>
>> Score Coulter 1 and Obama 0 in this exchange.
>
> Bush said God told him to invade Afghanistan and Iraq, so religion is fair
> play.
>
> As for Ann, she's been irrelevant for a long time. Her opinions are
> sub-intellectual trash.

Ann Coulter - internationaly known syndicated writer.
Dumbski - A web site that lasred 7 days.

Ahahahahahaahahahahaahahahahahahaahhahaaa
--
Terry Pearson
Pro- Israel and proud of it
http://www.rightpoint.org
Shaping Canada's Destiny
==========================
Karen Gordon stumped on:
- polls
- Softwood
- Gun Registry
- Global Warming
- Democracy
-------------------------------------
"I can walk upright"
~Peter White
"My word stands the test of time"
Cherranna Joe
Joe plagiarzes stuff from the CBC
and the Toronto Star
Meet Hansel
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-WQVGF2GLw
Watch me delete my posts!
~Dumbski
Dumbski's Favourite Song
"If I Only Had A Brain"
=========================
"The biggest difference between liberals and conservatives
is that liberals want to control your life. Conservatives don't."
~Rush Limbaugh

The Right One

Jun 26, 2007, 6:32:06 PM6/26/07

"Chom Noamsky" <b...@t.me> wrote in message
Ahahahahahaahahahahahahahaahahaaaa
Message has been deleted

George Grapman

Jun 26, 2007, 6:34:33 PM6/26/07
How can it be Coulter 1, Obama 0 when he was not given the
opportunity to appear?
Message has been deleted

Baldin Lee Pramer

Jun 26, 2007, 7:40:46 PM6/26/07

Averaged over how many days? Like the stock market, the trend depends
on the window size.

Blinky

Baldin Lee Pramer

Jun 26, 2007, 7:50:10 PM6/26/07
On Jun 26, 4:22 pm, "Docky Wocky" <mrch...@lst.net> wrote:
> blinky? sez:
>
> "Obama's poll numbers are showing a steady upward trend..."
> _____________________________
> Imagine.

Sorry, I don't get the reference.

> We have to put up with this crap for nearly the next year and a half.
>
> By the time November, 2008 arrives, O'Bama will have either self-destructed,
> or the wicked witch of New Yawk will have cast a dark spell over him to make
> him invisible.
>
> He could possibly even choke on a chicken bone. Tyson's, of course.
>
> What's with Blinky, Baldy? New ID?

No, same old email addy. I change my sig all the time, from Sir Baldin
Pramer to Baldin Lee Pramer to BLeeP to BL33P to Blinky... tomorrow I
will probably be someone else. You can count on my msn.com email,
though.

Blinky

Duncan Patton

Jun 26, 2007, 9:23:27 PM6/26/07
On Tue, 26 Jun 2007 03:47:39 -0700
Clint Hunter <cice...@rogers.com> wrote:

> Score Coulter 1 and Obama 0 in this exchange.

Wooo Wooo!!!. Gran' Champeen Shadow Boxer Bland Ann Coaltard !!!

Dhu

Duncan Patton

Jun 26, 2007, 9:28:58 PM6/26/07
On Tue, 26 Jun 2007 03:47:39 -0700
Clint Hunter <cice...@rogers.com> wrote:

> On Fox News' Sean Hannity TV program last night Ann Coulter made a
> reference to
> Democrat presidential candidate Barak Hussein Obama's stating that
> the conservatives had
> hijacked the Christian religion and were dividing the country.

Glad she managed to re-iterate this so succinctly.

Dhu

Alfred E. Newman

Jun 26, 2007, 10:01:02 PM6/26/07
On Jun 26, 2:01 pm, reality <realitych...@ausi.com> wrote:
> On Jun 26, 9:31 am, "Alfred E. Newman" <MyMa...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > On Jun 26, 6:59 am, "Joe S." <non...@nosuch.net> wrote:
>
> > > "Clint Hunter" <cicer...@rogers.com> wrote in message

> > > Obama's speech got far more coverage than Coulter's babbling.
>
> > > Maybe you want to score with Coulter but I don't know anyone else who would
> > > touch that loon.
>
> > ===============
> > Are you wanting to blow the muslim Obama, is that it ?

> > > And as for Obama's remarks -- he was absolutely correct -- the "religious
> > > right" has hijacked Christianity.
>
> > ===================
> > No more than the Blacks have highjacked the ACLU.
>
> Didn't the ACLU once side with Rush Limpdick? I didn't know that he
> was black.- Hide quoted text -

==============
If you consider 1 out of 2,000 as siding with him !!

David Johnston

Jun 27, 2007, 12:34:52 AM6/27/07

Oh look. It's a rat deserting a sinking ship. Isn't that the kind of
think she used to say people should be executed for saying?

The Right One

Jun 27, 2007, 1:31:58 AM6/27/07

"Hal Turner" <haltur...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> George Grapman sfge...@paccbell.net said:
>> How can it be Coulter 1, Obama 0 when he was not given the
>> opportunity to appear?
>>

> LOL! It's just more evidence in that massive ground swell of proof that
> Righists have inferior intellect and no idea about what they speak of.
>
> So few of them possess the brights to think critically that none of them
> noticed that Obama wasn't there yet considered it a debate between Coulter
> and
> Obama.
>
> At least rightists are good for cannon fodder in Bush's illegal wars.
> It's a
> shame that so many are unwilling to enlist because they can't beat the low
> standards demanded by the military or are simply cowards who support a war
> without making sacrifices. Chickenhawk cowards like Coulter, Limbaugh,
> Hannity
> and Glenn Beck won't even leave the USA because they know that doing so
> will
> lessen their life span.

Ahahahahaahahahahaahahahahahahaaaaa

--
Terry Pearson
Pro- Israel and proud of it

Lamont Cranston

Jun 27, 2007, 10:11:43 AM6/27/07

"Docky Wocky" <mrc...@lst.net> wrote in message

Borg Coulter? It's a good fit.

Timothy

Jun 27, 2007, 11:04:16 AM6/27/07
On Jun 26, 8:10 am, "MikeC" <sendm...@tosomebodywhocares.com> wrote:

> Oh wow, she made fun of his NAME? How original!

You'd think a guy named "Ann" would avoid making fun of someone else's
name.

The Fonz

Jun 27, 2007, 1:23:54 PM6/27/07

"Lamont Cranston" <Lamont....@NeoConEvilFighter.com> wrote in message

A borg? What are you 12? A true trekkie...nanoo nanoo moron.

t1gercat

Jun 27, 2007, 2:27:00 PM6/27/07

Show where Christ ever praised wealth and said let the poor starve.
Show us where he ever condemned gays. Show us where he told people not
to pay taxes. Show us where he said "let the sick die if they can't
afford to be helped." Show us where he praised war and spending on war
material and services. If you can't, then shut the hell up.

t1gercat

Jun 27, 2007, 2:28:42 PM6/27/07
On Jun 26, 6:31 pm, "The Right One" <right...@nosoc.ceo> wrote:
> "Chom Noamsky" <b...@t.me> wrote in message

> > "Clint Hunter" <cicer...@rogers.com> wrote in message

> >> On Fox News' Sean Hannity TV program last night Ann Coulter made a
> >> reference to
> >> Democrat presidential candidate Barak Hussein Obama's stating that
> >> the conservatives had
> >> hijacked the Christian religion and were dividing the country.
>
> >> Ms. Coulter very wittingly replied that any one with the middle name
> >> of Hussein should not
> >> be using the word "hijacked" in a public speech. And because the U.S.
> >> is at
> >> war in an Islamic jihad should also avoid referring to religion.
>
> >> Score Coulter 1 and Obama 0 in this exchange.
>
> > Bush said God told him to invade Afghanistan and Iraq, so religion is fair
> > play.
>
> > As for Ann, she's been irrelevant for a long time. Her opinions are
> > sub-intellectual trash.
>
> Ann Coulter - internationaly known syndicated writer.
> Dumbski - A web site that lasred 7 days.
>
> Ahahahahahaahahahahaahahahahahahaahhahaaa

Hitler, Stalin and Lenin were internationally known writers as well.
Coulter's in good company.

Peter Principle

Jun 27, 2007, 3:58:42 PM6/27/07
Clint Hunter wrote:
> On Fox News' Sean Hannity TV program last night Ann Coulter made a
> reference to
> Democrat presidential candidate Barak Hussein Obama's stating that
> the conservatives had
> hijacked the Christian religion and were dividing the country.
>
> Ms. Coulter very wittingly replied that any one with the middle name
> of Hussein should not
> be using the word "hijacked" in a public speech. And because the U.S.
> is at
> war in an Islamic jihad should also avoid referring to religion.
>
> Score Coulter 1 and Obama 0 in this exchange.

She, er, "wittingly" replied, did she?

BWA HA HA HA HA, whew!

Man, you subliterate mouth breathers are truly a fucking HOOT!

--
Welcome to reality. Enjoy your visit. Slow thinkers keep right.
------

http://www.apa.org/journals/features/psp7761121.pdf
© 1999 by the American Psychological Association
December 1999 Vol. 77, No. 6, 1121-1134

Unskilled and Unaware of It: How Difficulties in Recognizing One's Own
Incompetence Lead to Inflated Self-Assessments

Justin Kruger and David Dunning
Department of Psychology
Cornell University

ABSTRACT:
...the authors found that participants scoring in the bottom quartile
on tests of humor, grammar, and logic grossly overestimated their test
performance and ability. Although their test scores put them in the
12th percentile, they estimated themselves to be in the 62nd.

Jazzman

Jun 27, 2007, 7:11:06 PM6/27/07
Nope, but you must be one since you misattributed right wing drooler Docky
Wocky's gibberish for that of Lamont's.

Comprehension never was a big thing with the moronic right.

Beal

Jun 28, 2007, 4:19:43 PM6/28/07
On Jun 27, 1:58 pm, "Peter Principle" <petesfe...@CUTITOUTgmail.com>
wrote:

> Clint Hunter wrote:
> > On Fox News' Sean Hannity TV program last night Ann Coulter made a
> > reference to
> > Democrat presidential candidate Barak Hussein Obama's stating that
> > the conservatives had
> > hijacked the Christian religion and were dividing the country.
>
> > Ms. Coulter very wittingly replied that any one with the middle name
> > of Hussein should not
> > be using the word "hijacked" in a public speech. And because the U.S.
> > is at
> > war in an Islamic jihad should also avoid referring to religion.
>
> > Score Coulter 1 and Obama 0 in this exchange.
>
> She, er, "wittingly" replied, did she?

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?r=2&q=wittingly

-adverb form of witting.