Re: Ken [NY]: Reagan is greater than Jesus

Message has been deleted

abracadabra

Sep 23, 2005, 9:32:54 AM9/23/05

"Ken [NY]" <em...@BelowThe.Text> wrote in message
news:sim5j11mrmebe5052...@4ax.com...

> WHAT WOULD REAGAN DO?
> Ann Coulter

> For Christians, it's "What Would Jesus Do?" For Republicans, it's
> "What Would Reagan Do?"

Because to conservatives Reagan is greater than Jesus

Salad

Sep 23, 2005, 9:46:33 AM9/23/05
abracadabra wrote:

At one time the Beatles were.

The Beatles have had more effect on the world than Reagan ever did or will.

t1gercat

Sep 23, 2005, 10:11:35 AM9/23/05
Ken [NY] wrote:
> WHAT WOULD REAGAN DO?
> Ann Coulter
> September 21, 2005

> For Christians, it's "What Would Jesus Do?" For Republicans, it's
> "What Would Reagan Do?" Bush doesn't have to be Reagan; he just has to
> consult his WWRD bracelet. If Bush had followed the WWRD guidelines,
> he would have nominated Antonin Scalia for the chief justiceship.

If Bush had followed WWRD guidelines, he would have died his hair,
hired a voice coach, and carefully followed a script while acting
"presidential." Bush, of cause, is handicapped because he lacks
Reagan's excellent neo-con training. Reagan spent years acting in a
string of Bonzo movies in which the Chimp took top billing. He went on
to spend more years introducing Death Valley Days. Bush just doesn't
rise to Reagan's level. His acting lacks polish, his accent is poor,
and, well, he has problems with English vocabulary. He sould have
spend more time in college on stage and less time cheerleading.

As for Scalia, yes, of course, he's the perfect neo-con ideologue,
drilling and killing with his oil buddies on the weekends while hearing
their cases during the week. We need a slimy, intellectually mediocre,
dishonest, neo-con shill as chief justice. It would round out
government nicely with idiots, grafters, thieves and pirates running
all three branches.

Wexford

thats@fact

Sep 23, 2005, 10:18:46 AM9/23/05

They at least had a far more *positive* effect than Ronnie Ray-gun.

hob

Sep 23, 2005, 10:51:21 AM9/23/05
First, anyone who would listen to that marginal moron Coulter is cut from
the same poorly made cloth.

"Ken [NY]" <em...@BelowThe.Text> wrote in message

> WHAT WOULD REAGAN DO?
> Ann Coulter

> September 21, 2005

He would pick a war he could win - like Granada. He would cultivate the
illusion of instant response and utter conquest, and wouldn't blow his wad
mired down in the real thing .

He would trade a law for a pick, instead of shoving faces in the shit -
i.e., give the other side protection in law in exchange for letting his pick
go thru - both sides know its the best they will get, and they end up like
gentlemen. The whore Coulter spouts "only a win".

It's politics where smart men get compromises that are win-win - its not a
short-term-battle for "all-or-nothing" morons whose nuts are bigger than
their brains.

> [...]

> responded with their usual understated screams of genocide, and Bush
> could have nominated absolutely anyone to fill Justice O'Connor's
> seat. He also could have cut taxes, invaded Syria, and bombed North
> Korea and Cuba just for laughs. He could even have done something
> totally nuts, like enforce the immigration laws.
>
> Even if Roberts turns out to be another Rehnquist (too much to hope
> for another Scalia!), we don't know that, Bush doesn't know that, and
> Bush has blown a golden opportunity to make Chuck Schumer the public
> face of the Democratic Party. A few weeks of Schumer as their
> spokesman, and normal Democrats would be clamoring for Howard Dean to
> get back on the stick. Teddy Kennedy would start showing up at
> hearings actually holding a double scotch.
>
> Inasmuch as Bush must still choose a replacement for O'Connor, it's
> important to remember the "Sandra Day O'Connor bylaw" to the WWRD
> guidelines: Never appoint anyone like Sandra Day O'Connor to any court
> at any level.
>
> Reagan had made a campaign promise to appoint a woman to the Supreme
> Court. He didn't say anything about appointing a ninny. But back in
> 1981, it was slim pickings for experienced female judges. O'Connor was
> a terrible mistake and will forever mar Reagan's record, but at least
> he did it only once.
>
> Bush has already fulfilled all his campaign promises to liberals - and
> then some! He said he'd be a "compassionate conservative," which
> liberals interpreted to mean that he would bend to their will, enact
> massive spending programs, and be nice to liberals. When Bush won the
> election, that sealed the deal. It meant the Democrats won.
>
> Consequently, Bush has enacted massive new spending programs,
> obstinately refused to deal with illegal immigration, opposed all
> conservative Republicans in their primary races, and invited Teddy
> Kennedy over for movie night. He's even sent his own father to
> socialize with aging porn star Bill Clinton.
>
> (Sidebar on the aging porn star: Idiot Republicans fraternizing with
> the Clintons has not harmed the decadent buffoon's reputation abroad.
> A Chinese condom manufacturer recently named one of its condoms the
> "Clinton," a fitting tribute to the man who had Monica Lewinsky
> perform oral sex on him in the Oval Office on Easter Sunday. Their
> advertising slogans are: "Always wear a 'Clinton' when you're getting
> a 'Lewinsky'!"; "I still believe in a place called the G-spot";
> "Extra-thin skinned!"; "For when you really, really want to feel her
> pain." Note to Bush: This isn't Walter Mondale. How about sending Pops
> on the road with Joey Buttafuoco?)
>
> According to my WWRD wristwatch, it's time for Bush to invade Grenada,
> bomb Libya, fire the air traffic controllers, and joke about launching
> a first strike against the Soviet Union. In lieu of that, how about
> nominating a conservative to O'Connor's seat on the court? It would be

Rudy Canoza

Sep 23, 2005, 11:00:29 AM9/23/05
Ken [NY] wrote:
> WHAT WOULD REAGAN DO?
> Ann Coulter
> September 21, 2005

Ann Coulter is a skank.

I was driving down a major boulevard not long ago, and
found myself following a car driven by an evident
non-believer. First, there was the excellent Darwin
walking fish on the back; still one of the best
satirical ripostes ever. Then there was the bumper
sticker: What Would Scooby Do?

Jafo

Sep 23, 2005, 11:16:52 AM9/23/05
As viewed from alt.california, Rudy Canoza wrote:

>I was driving down a major boulevard not long ago, and
>found myself following a car driven by an evident
>non-believer. First, there was the excellent Darwin
>walking fish on the back; still one of the best
>satirical ripostes ever.

I had no idea what you were referring to until I Googled
"Darwin walking fish" and came up with
www.uga.edu/columns/991025/campnews.html

Gotta love it. :)

--
Jafo

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

SyVyN11

Sep 23, 2005, 2:48:33 PM9/23/05

"Salad" <o...@vinegar.com> wrote in message
Yeah, I remember when the beatles tore down that wall. I remember when the
beatles won the cold war by making the ussr impotent. I remember when the
beatles cut taxes bringing a era of prosperity to be squandered by barabra
strisand.

loser.

SyVyN11

Sep 23, 2005, 2:50:42 PM9/23/05

<Knick...@Hang-up.com> wrote in message
> On Fri, 23 Sep 2005 09:29:17 -0400, "Ken [NY]" <em...@BelowThe.Text>

> wrote:
>

>>WHAT WOULD REAGAN DO?
>
> Considering:
>
> 1 Clinton was a self-serving greedy politician
>
> 2. Clinton LIED, not only in public statements, but to a Grand Jury.
>
> 3. Clinton made America a more contentious Nation
>
> 4 Clinton honored Criminals
>
> 5. Clinton fomented regional and political factionalism
>
> 6. Clinton cut programs for the weak, sick, hungry, disfranchised and
> elderly.

fixed

Northern Storm

Sep 23, 2005, 2:59:10 PM9/23/05
On Fri, 23 Sep 2005 10:57:04 -0600, Knick...@Hang-up.com wrote:

>On Fri, 23 Sep 2005 09:29:17 -0400, "Ken [NY]" <em...@BelowThe.Text>
>wrote:
>

>>WHAT WOULD REAGAN DO?
>
>Considering:
>

>1 Reagan was a self-serving greedy politician
>
>2. Reagan LIED, not only in public statements, but to a Grand Jury.
>
>3. Reagan made America a more contentious Nation
>
>4 Reagan honored SS guards
>
>5. Reagan fomented regional factionalism
>
>6. Reagan cut programs for the weak, sick, hungry, disfranchised and
>elderly.

There was poetic justice in the fact that reagan spent his "golden
years" with a diaper on sitting in pools of his own shit.

Rudy Canoza

Sep 23, 2005, 3:00:08 PM9/23/05

It's great, isn't it? I'm not the sort to put any kind of statement on
my car or clothing, but I do have a Darwin fish propped up on the desk.
It really is a wonderfully witty and pointed statement. By contrast,
there's a terribly leaden and defensive response to it by
fundamentalist Christians. It's a big fish labeled "Truth" - yeah,
sure - swallowing a smaller Darwin walking fish. Not witty.

thats@fact

Sep 23, 2005, 3:00:41 PM9/23/05
SyVyN11 wrote:

> Yeah, I remember when the beatles tore down that wall. I remember
when the
> beatles won the cold war by making the ussr impotent. I remember when the
> beatles cut taxes bringing a era of prosperity to be squandered by barabra
> strisand.
>
> loser.

Do you remember all these fun facts about the massively corrupt Reagan
administration moron?

Of course not, because your just another lying GOP apologist.

By the end of his term, 138 Reagan administration officials had been
convicted, had been indicted, or had been the subject of official
investigations for official misconduct and/or criminal violations. In
terms of number of officials involved, the record of his administration
was the worst ever."

* Lyn Nofziger--Convicted on charges of illegal lobbying of White House
in Wedtech scandal.

* Michael Deaver received three years' probation and was fined one
hundred thousand dollars after being convicted for lying to a
congressional subcommittee and a federal grand jury about his lobbying
activities after leaving the White House. . .

* E. Bob Wallach, close friend and law classmate of Atty General Edwin
Meese, was sentenced to six years in prison and fined $250,000 in
connection with the Wedtech influence-peddling scandal.

Then there was:.
* James Watt, Reagan's Secretary of the Interior was indicted on 41
felony counts for using connections at the Department of Housing and
Urban Development to help his private clients seek federal funds for
housing projects in Maryland, New Jersey, Massachusetts, Puerto Rico
and the Virgin Islands. Watt conceded that he had received $500,000
from clients who were granted very favorable housing contracts after he
had intervened on their behalf. In testifying before a House committee
Watt said: "That's what they offered and it sounded like a lot of money
to me, and we settled on it." Watt was eventually sentenced to five
years in prison and 500 hours of community service.

* The Iran-Contra scandal. In June, 1984, at a National Security
Council meeting, CIA Director Casey urged President Reagan to seek
third-party aid for the Nicaraguan contras. Secretary of State Schultz
warned that it would be an "impeachable offense" if the U.S. government
acted as conduit for such secret funding. But that didn't stop them.
That same day, Oliver North was seeking third-party aid for the
contras. But Reagan, the "teflon President" avoided serious charges or
impeachment. . .

* Oliver North--Convicted of falsifying and destroying documents,
accepting an illegal gratuity, and aiding and abetting the obstruction
of Congress. Conviction overturned on appeal due to legal
technicalities. . .

* John Poindexter, Reagan's national security advisor, --guilty of five
criminal counts involving conspiracy to mislead Congress, obstructing
congressional inquiries, lying to lawmakers, used "high national
security" to mask deceit and wrong-doing. . .

* Richard Secord pleaded guilty to a felony charge of lying to Congress
over Iran-Contra. . .

* Casper Weinberger was Secretary of Defense during Iran-Contra. In
June 1992 he was indicted by a federal grand jury on charges of
concealing from congressional investigators and prosecutors thousands
of pages of his handwritten notes. The personal memoirs taken during
high level meetings, detailed events in 1985 and 1986 involving the
Iran-Contra affair. Weinberger claimed he was being unfairly
prosecuted because he would not provide information incriminating
Ronald Reagan. Weinberger was scheduled to go on trial January 5,
1993, where the contents of his notes would have come to light and may
have implicated other, unindicted conspirators. While Weinberger was
never directly linked to the covert operations phase of the Iran-Contra
affair, he is believed to have been involved in the cover-up of the
ensuing scandal. According to Special Prosecutor Lawrence Walsh,
Weinberger's notes contain evidence of a conspiracy among the highest
ranking Reagan Administration officials to lie to congress and the
American public. Some of the notes are believed to have evidence
against then Vice-President George Bush who pardoned Weinberger to keep
him from going to trial. . .

* Elliott Abrams was appointed by President Reagan in 1985 to head the
State Department's Latin American Bureau. He was closely linked with
ex-White House aide Lt. Col. Oliver North's covert movement to aid the
Contras. Working for North, Abrams coordinated inter-agency support
for the contras and helped solicit illegal funding from foreign powers
as well as domestic contributors. Abrams agreed to cooperate with
Iran-Contra investigators and pled guilty to two charges reduced to
misdemeanors. He was sentenced in 1991 to two years probation and 100
hours of community service but was pardoned by President George Bush. .
.

* Robert C. McFarlane was appointed Ronald Reagan's National Security
Advisor in October 1983 and become well-known as a champion of the MX
missile program in his role as White House liaison to congress. In
1984, Mc Farlane initiated the review of U.S. policy towards Iran that
led directly to the arms for hostages deal. He also supervised early
National Security Council efforts to support the Contras. Shortly after
the Iran-Contra scandal was revealed in early 1987, McFarlane took an
overdose of the tranquilizer Valium in an attempt to end his life. In
his own words: "What really drove me to despair was a sense of having
failed the country." McFarlane pled guilty to four misdemeanors and was
sentenced to two years probation and 200 hours of community service.
He was also fined $20,000. He received a blanket pardon from President
George Bush. . .

* Alan D. Fiers was the Chief of the Central Intelligence Agency's
Central American Task Force. Fiers pled guilty in 1991 to two counts of
withholding information from congress about Oliver North's activities
and the diversion of Iran arms sale money to aid the Contras. He was
sentenced to one year of probation and 100 hours of community service.
Fiers agreed to cooperate with prosecutors in exchange for having his
felonies reduced to misdemeanors and his testimony gave a boost to the
long standing criminal investigation of Lawrence Walsh, Special
Prosecutor. Fiers testified that he and three CIA colleagues knew by
mid-1986 that profits from the TOW and HAWK missile sales to Iran were
being diverted to the Contras months before it became public knowledge.
Alan Fiers received a blanket pardon for his crimes from President
Bush. . .

* Clair George was Chief of the CIA's Division of Covert Operations
under President Reagan. In August 1992 a hung jury led U.S. District
Judge Royce Lamberth to declare a mistrial in the case of Clair George
who was accused of concealing from Congress his knowledge of the
Iran-Contra affair. George had been named by Alan Fiers when Fiers
turned state's evidence for Lawrence Walsh's investigation. In a second
trial on charges of perjury, false statements and obstruction of
justice, George was convicted of lying to two congressional committees
in 1986. George faced a maximum five year federal prison sentence and
a $20,000 fine for each of the two convictions. Jurors cleared George
of five other charges including two counts of lying to a federal grand
jury. Those charges would have carried a mandatory 10 months in prison
upon conviction. Clair George received a blanket pardon for his crimes
from President George Bush. . .

* Duane R. (Dewey) Clarridge was head of the CIA's Western European
Division under President Reagan. He was indicted on November 29, 1991
for lying to congress and to the Tower Commission that investigated
Iran- Contra. Clarridge was charged with five counts of perjury and
two counts of making false statements for covering up his knowledge of
a November 25, 1985 shipment of HAWK missiles to Iran. Clarridge was
also suspected of diverting to the Contras weapons that were originally
intended for the Afghan mujahaddeen guerrillas. Clarridge received a
blanket pardon for his crimes on Christmas Eve 1992 from President
George Bush. . .

* Environmental Protection Agency's favoritism toward polluters.
Assistant administrator unduly influenced by chemical industry
lobbyists. Another administrator resigned after pressuring employees
to tone down a critical report on a chemical company accused of illegal
pollution in Michigan. The deputy chief of federal activities was
accused of compiling an interagency "hit" or "enemies" list, like those
kept in the Nixon Watergate period, singling out career employees to be
hired, fired or promoted according to political beliefs. . .

* Anne Gorscuh Burford resigned amid accusations she politically
manipulated the Superfund money. . .

* Rita Lavelle was fired after accusing a senior EPA official of
"systematically alienating the business community." She was later
indicted, tried and convicted of lying to Congress and served three
months of a six-month prison sentence. After an extensive
investigation, in August 1984, a House of Representatives subcommittee
concluded that top-level EPA appointees by Reagan for three years
"violated their public trust by disregarding the public health and the
environment, manipulating the Superfund program for political purposes,
engaging in unethical conduct and participating in other abuses.".

* Neglected nuclear safety. A critical situation involving nuclear
safety had been allowed to develop during the Reagan era. Immense
sums, estimated at 200 billion or more, would be required in the 1990s
to replace and make safe America's neglected, aging, deteriorating, and
dangerous nuclear facilities. . .

* Savings & Loan Bail-out. Hundreds of billions of dollars were needed
to bail out savings and loan institutions that either had failed during
the deregulation frenzy of the eighties or were in danger of
bankruptcy. . .

* Reckless airline deregulation. Deregulation of airline industry took
too broad a sweep, endangering public safety.

Additionally:
* Richard Allen, National Security adviser resigned amid controversy
over an honorarium he received for arranging an interview with Nancy
Reagan. . .

* Richard Beggs, chief administrator at NASA was indicted for
defrauding the government while an executive at General Dynamics. . .

* Guy Flake, Deputy Secretary of Commerce, resigned after allegations
of a conflict of interest in contract negotiations. . .

* Louis Glutfrida, Director of the Federal Emergency Management Agency
resigned amid allegations of misuses of government property. . .

* Edwin Gray, Chairman of the Federal Home Loan Bank was charged with
illegally repaying himself and his wife $26,000 in travel costs. . .

* Max Hugel, CIA chief of covert operations who resigned after
allegations of fraudulent financial dealings. . .

* Carlos Campbell, Assistant Secretary of Commerce resigned over
charges of awarding federal grants to his personal friends' firms. . .

* Raymond Donovan, Secretary of Labor indicted for defrauding the New
York City Transit Authority of $7.4. million.
{ Republicans will point out that Donovan was acquitted. And that
really matters in Donovan's case, because he was a Republican. But it
didn't matter for Clinton or any of his cabinet, most all of whom were
acquitted, because THEY were Democrats!} * John Fedders, chief of
enforcement for the Securities and Exchange Commission resigned over
charges of beating his wife. . .

* Arthur Hayes, Commissioner of the Food and Drug Administration
resigned over illegal travel reimbursements. . .

* J. Lynn Helms, chief of the Federal Aviation Administration resigned
over a grand jury investigation of illegal business activities. . .

* Marjory Mecklenburg, Deputy Assistant Secretary of the Department of
Health and Human Resources resigned over irregularities on her travel
vouchers. . .

* Robert Nimmo, head of the Veterans Administration resigned when a
report criticized him for improper use of government funds. . .

* J. William Petro, U.S. Attorney fired and fined for tipping off an
acquaintance about a forthcoming Grand Jury investigation. . .

* Thomas C. Reed, White House counselor and National Security Council
adviser resigned and paid a $427,000 fine for stock market insider
trading. . .

* Emanuel Savas, Assistant Secretary of HUD resigned over assigning
staff members to work on government time on a book that guilty to
expense account fraud and accepting kickbacks on government contracts.
. .

* Charles Wick, Director of the U.S. Information Agency investigated
for taping conversations with public officials without their approval.

Two types of problems typified the ethical misconduct cases of
the Reagan years, and both had heavy consequences to citizens
everywhere. One stemmed from ideology and deregulatory impulses run
amok; the other, from classic corruption on a grand scale.
* The Pentagon procurement scandal, which resulted from the
Republicans' enormous infusion of money too quickly into the Defense
Department after the lean Carter years . . .

* Massive fraud and mismanagement in the Department of Housing and
Urban Development throughout Reagan's eight years. These were finally
documented in congressional hearings in spring 1989, after Reagan left
office. Cost the taxpayers billions of dollars in losses. What made
this scandal most shameful was that Reagan's' friends and fixers
profited at the expense of the poor, the very people HUD and the
federal government were pledged to assist through low-income housing. .
. Despite their many public lies about the matter, it was
eventually proven that the Sales of weapons to Iran, followed by
illegal financial support of the Central American Contras were carried
out with the knowledge of, among others, President Ronald Reagan, Vice
President George Bush, Secretary of State George P. Shultz, Secretary
of Defense Caspar W. Weinberger, Director of Central Intelligence
William J. Casey, and national security advisers Robert C. McFarlane
and John M. Poindexter. Of these officials, only Weinberger and Shultz
dissented from the policy decision. Weinberger eventually acquiesced
and ordered the Department of Defense to provide the necessary arms.
Large volumes of highly relevant, contemporaneously created documents
were systematically and willfully withheld from investigators by
several Reagan Administration officials in an attempt to cover up the
administration's extensive corruption.

------------------- Ronald Reagan's Record "Firsts"
--------------------

First to serve as Governor on a "conservative" platform and increase
spending by 112%.

First Governor to increase personal income taxes by 60%, increase the
cigarette tax by 200%, and increase state tax collections by 152%.

First to have a popularity rating of only 35% after his first two years
in office.

First to have had a shotgun wedding.

First president to have been divorced.

First to increase spending by 80%--in only 8 years.

First to spend more in eight years than was spent in prior 50 years.

First to cut taxes by 60% for his rich pals.

First to have increased the national debt faster than growth of
national income.

First to nearly triple the national debt.

First to increase the national debt faster than growth of GDP.

First to double the deficit.

First to turn America into a debtor nation.

First to set a record for the largest one day percentage decline in the
DOW in history. 10-19-87.

First to have "real" interest rates of 8% after averaging 1% over 35
years.

First to keep prime interest rates at 20%.

First to have home loan interest rates as high as 16%.

First to allow the savings and loan industry to be raided after signing
a deregulatory bill and proclaiming "I think we have hit the jackpot".
Come and get it the vaults are unguarded.

First to send an autographed Bible to a man he called "The Satan of
Terrorists".

First to have an admiral plead the Fifth Amendment.

First to have a stealing, lying, gutless wife abusing Marine LT.
Colonel plead the Fifth Amendment.

First to have a sitting cabinet member indicted.

First to have an Assistant Secretary of State indicted.

First to have an Asistant Secretary of Defense sent to prison.

First to have over 100 members of an administration charged with
crimes.

First to have more members of his administration charged with crimes
than the cumulative total of all other presidents in the twentieth
century.

First to testify "under oath" 130 times that "I don't remember".

First to have an Admiral with a photographic memory testify 128 times "
I don't remember".

First to repeatedly falsify his wife's age, as though anyone cared.

First to promote his religious faith and while never having an active
membership in any church.

First to never use the term Jesus Christ in speeches.

First to have unemployment at 10.8% since great depression.

First to attack a small unprotected nation with 88,000 inhabitants and
10,000 bb guns, and then proclaim "America stands tall again". "we
have whipped the Vietnam Syndrome. We have defeated communism".

#1-in farm foreclosures.

#1-In bank failures.

#1-In Savings and Loan failures.

#1-In percent increase in personal bankruptcies.

#1-In having servicemen killed during peacetime.

#1-In largest drop in popularity in one week.

#1-In being first to honor Nazi Storm Troopers by calling them"
Innocent Victims".

First to lie - over and over- to reporters "I do not dye my hair; my
barber uses a special shampoo."

First to have a wife who "forced" him to wear three suits in one day.

First to boast "Not bad for a dumb guy who worked only 20 hours per
week".

First to have his wife sit nearby and whisper answers to questions.

First to have his press secretary remove him from the microphone when
he could not answer questions. (When the reporter shouted out "answer
my question", the president replied "my handlers won't let me speak").

First to have a Special Assistant say on national TV "sometimes you had
to hit him on the head with a 2 x 4 to get his attention".

#1-In needing a staff person standby during press conferences to tell
the press "what he really meant".

#1-In recorded misstatements.

#1-In never having a single press conference in which he did not make
incorrect statements.

First to invite the Pope to visit the White House and "bring the wife
and kids".

First to fall asleep while the Pope spoke.

First 20th Century president to have historians rate him below every
president of the 20th except for Richard Nixon. 1994 Poll.

First to have been openly alienated from his children.

First to suggest his eldest son undergo psychiatric examination.

First to have been voted in British polls (twice) as the "most feared
leader in the world" sic em Rambo.

First to have his official biographer state on national TV: 'After he
was shot in 1981, he got slower and slower each year. His speech got
slower. He deliberated more and he hesitated more when he spoke. He
lost his physical quickness and would not make decisions on the spot.
It was a very, very slow and steady mental and physical decline".

First president to have the Geriatrics Department of a major university
study his behavior and conclude that after three years in office he had
Alzheimer's.
First to have over $10,000,000 increase in wealth from serving for 8
years as president.

Rudy Canoza

Sep 23, 2005, 3:05:51 PM9/23/05

What a stupid and fuckwitted thing to write. The Beatles had ZERO
lasting impact on the world. Most people under the age of 30 don't
know anything about them, and there's no reason they should. To them,
the Beatles are about as relevant as Al Jolson and Bing Crosby were to
baby boomers in the 1960s, which is to say, thoroughly irrelevant.

SHb

Sep 23, 2005, 3:43:39 PM9/23/05
""""""
There was poetic justice in the fact that reagan spent his "golden
years" with a diaper on sitting in pools of his own shit.
"""""""
You mean to say that Reagan began wearing your mother's clothes?

"Northern Storm" <spam...@nospamless.com> wrote in message

Message has been deleted

SyVyN11

Sep 23, 2005, 4:40:55 PM9/23/05

"thats@fact" <john...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> SyVyN11 wrote:
>

> > Yeah, I remember when the beatles tore down that wall. I remember
> when the
>> beatles won the cold war by making the ussr impotent. I remember when
>> the
>> beatles cut taxes bringing a era of prosperity to be squandered by
>> barabra
>> strisand.
>>
>> loser.
>

> Do you remember all these fun facts about the massively corrupt Reagan
> administration moron?
>
> Of course not, because your just another lying GOP apologist.
>

> By the end of his term, 138 Reagan administration officials had been
> convicted, had been indicted, or had been the subject of official
> investigations for official misconduct and/or criminal violations. In
> terms of number of officials involved, the record of his administration
> was the worst ever."

Prick, do you mind to count how many Clinton staffers and friends were
convicted, indicted or been the subject of official investigations for
official misconduct and/or criminal violations?

I can think of ONE off the bat.

abracadabra

Sep 23, 2005, 5:07:41 PM9/23/05

"SyVyN11" <711rob...@earthlink.net> wrote in message

> "Salad" <o...@vinegar.com> wrote in message
>> abracadabra wrote:
>>
>>> "Ken [NY]" <em...@BelowThe.Text> wrote in message

>>> Because to conservatives Reagan is greater than Jesus
>> At one time the Beatles were.
>>
>> The Beatles have had more effect on the world than Reagan ever did or
>> will.
> Yeah, I remember when the beatles tore down that wall. I remember when
> the beatles won the cold war by making the ussr impotent.

Reagan didn't tear down any walls or win the Cold War.
Maybe you're delusional.

I remember when the
> beatles cut taxes bringing a era of prosperity to be squandered by barabra
> strisand.

You are delusional.

abracadabra

Sep 23, 2005, 5:08:36 PM9/23/05

"SyVyN11" <711rob...@earthlink.net> wrote in message

Reagan had many more people in his administration convicted than Clinton
ever did.
You are totally ignorant of politics. Stick to barbi dolls and embarrass
yourself someplace else.

thats@fact

Sep 23, 2005, 6:11:51 PM9/23/05

Since you're obviously unable to defend Reagan, it was predictable that
you'd just change the subject to Clinton. Thanks for proving my point
shitlips.

Northern Storm

Sep 23, 2005, 9:54:37 PM9/23/05
On Fri, 23 Sep 2005 12:43:39 -0700, "SHb" <sherb@iNO_SPAMntergate.com>
wrote:

>""""""
>There was poetic justice in the fact that reagan spent his "golden
>years" with a diaper on sitting in pools of his own shit.
>"""""""
>You mean to say that Reagan began wearing your mother's clothes?

WOW what a great joke! You're a professional humor writer, right?

slim

Sep 23, 2005, 10:22:17 PM9/23/05

t1gercat wrote:

> Ken [NY] wrote:
> > WHAT WOULD REAGAN DO?

Change his Depends and call the fucking Astrologer?

--

Donald Rumsfeld: "If you're asking if there's a direct
link between 9/11 and Iraq, the answer is no."

On May 01, 2003, President Bush declared that,
"Major combat operations in Iraq have ended."

"I'm the commander -- see, I don't need to explain --
I do not need to explain why I say things. That's the
interesting thing about being the president.
Maybe somebody needs to explain to me why they
say something, but I don't feel like I owe anybody
an explanation. "
- George "Dubya" Bush

Unknown

Sep 24, 2005, 12:40:50 AM9/24/05
On Sat, 24 Sep 2005 02:22:17 GMT, slim <pickin's...@nyc.rr.com> wrote:

>t1gercat wrote:
>>
>> Ken [NY] wrote:
>> > WHAT WOULD REAGAN DO?
>
>Change his Depends and call the fucking Astrologer?

Perhaps he would change his diapers but I believe nancy was doing that
for him. Now he's dead, I believe satan has that diaper changing job
now. Hey, at least he's getting something done for him.

Look on the bright side I say.

***************************
http://www.dubyareport.net/

KenStahl

Sep 24, 2005, 8:33:19 AM9/24/05
slim wrote:

> t1gercat wrote:
>
>>Ken [NY] wrote:
>>
>>>WHAT WOULD REAGAN DO?
>

> Change his Depends and call the fucking Astrologer?

Wouldn't it be more like pounding hard on the coffin lid?

--
Blogging at http://HexagonalPeg.blogspot.com

Logician

Sep 24, 2005, 8:39:02 AM9/24/05
Reagan was a LEADER:
- best relations with the UK in half a century
- best relations with the USSR EVER and the eventual end to the Cold
War
- strong economy
- Shut up LIbya OVERNIGHT
- stopped terrorist actions in Germany OVERNIGHT
- strong defence and words

Reagan stood above the jokes "where's the President's brain" since he
knew and others knew he was a true leader - understanding the role or
example, understanding the role of giving job resposibility.

If Reagan was there:
- Iraq would not have been invaded, he would have handled Saddam like
he handled Gadaffi - a quick effective attack neutralising him
- USA would stand tall in the world
- there would be no terrorism

THAT'S THE DIFFERENCE ONE MAN MAKES

abracadabra

Sep 24, 2005, 9:39:55 AM9/24/05

"Logician" <sa...@logicians.com> wrote in message
> Reagan was a LEADER:

"Leader"?
LOL
You obviously weren't alive at the time. Reagan was "handled" by his people.
He lived in a bubble much like our current "President".

> - best relations with the UK in half a century

You're saying Reagan had better relations with GB than Roosevelt? You're
wrong again!

> - best relations with the USSR EVER and the eventual end to the Cold
> War

Reagan happened to be in the WH when the Soviet Empire fell apart, but he
had little to do with it.

> - strong economy

The economy in the 80s had it's high points and low points, and it was shit
compared to the 90s.

> - Shut up LIbya OVERNIGHT

OK< now you've made a total dumbshit of yourself.
-Libya bombs nightclub in Germany
- Reagan bombs libya in response
- Libya knocks down 747 full of Americans and Brits over Scottland.
That's "shutting up" Libya?
LOL

> - stopped terrorist actions in Germany OVERNIGHT
> - strong defence and words

BINGO - strong words - words were all Reagan did.

> If Reagan was there:
> - Iraq would not have been invaded, he would have handled Saddam like
> he handled Gadaffi - a quick effective attack neutralising him

Except Reagan didn't neutralize Quadaffy

?

> - there would be no terrorism

That's just silly. Reagan was a bigtime promoter of terrorism. Reagan gave
arms to Iranian terrorists, gave arms to terrorists in Angola, and funded
terrorists in Nicaragua

> THAT'S THE DIFFERENCE ONE MAN MAKES

Yep - massive deficits, lots of scandals, and supporting terrorists.

Colorado Gun

Sep 24, 2005, 9:49:09 AM9/24/05
"abracadabra" <ab...@hotmail.com> wrote

>"Logician" <sa...@logicians.com> wrote in message
>> Reagan was a LEADER:
>
>"Leader"?
>LOL
>You obviously weren't alive at the time. Reagan was "handled" by his
>people. He lived in a bubble much like our current "President".

Reagan was a big war hero in WW2, he got tons of medals for bravery under
fire. He was in the same platoon as John Wayne and when they were captured,
they engineered the Great Escape and then brought down the Guns of Navarone!

They even made movies about their exploits.

abracadabra

Sep 24, 2005, 10:11:26 AM9/24/05

"Colorado Gun" <col...@libertay.gun> wrote in message

LOL
For our youger readers, it's worth mentioning that Reagan sometimes told
stories from WW2 that never happened - except on film - and he believed they
were true.

Salad

Sep 24, 2005, 5:21:57 PM9/24/05
Logician wrote:

> Reagan was a LEADER:
> - best relations with the UK in half a century
> - best relations with the USSR EVER and the eventual end to the Cold
> War
> - strong economy
> - Shut up LIbya OVERNIGHT
> - stopped terrorist actions in Germany OVERNIGHT
> - strong defence and words
>
> Reagan stood above the jokes "where's the President's brain" since he
> knew and others knew he was a true leader - understanding the role or
> example, understanding the role of giving job resposibility.
>
> If Reagan was there:
> - Iraq would not have been invaded, he would have handled Saddam like
> he handled Gadaffi - a quick effective attack neutralising him

That's what Clinton did with Iraq. bush had to wreck our economy and
attack Iraq to make a point.

> - USA would stand tall in the world

Same under Clinto. He was beloved worldwide, not detested like bush.

> - there would be no terrorism

You're thinking utopia. There will be terrorism in the world. THe best
we can hope for is to minimize it.

> THAT'S THE DIFFERENCE ONE MAN MAKES

The Beatles did more for the world, had more impact, than Reagain.

I would even bet, world wide, the Beatles are far more recognized than
Reagan.

Salad

Sep 24, 2005, 5:25:35 PM9/24/05
Rudy Canoza wrote:

Really? The Beatles made rock music acceptable. They had a positive
image. Their music is recognizable the world over. Their music was
positive, had a message of peace instead of war.

Music is global, war is local. That is why the Beatles have more of an
impact than Reagan.

Native American

Sep 24, 2005, 5:26:59 PM9/24/05

> Rudy Canoza wrote:
>
>> Salad wrote:

>>>At one time the Beatles were.
>>>
>>>The Beatles have had more effect on the world than Reagan ever did or
>>>will.
>>

>> What a stupid and fuckwitted thing to write. The Beatles had ZERO
>> lasting impact on the world. Most people under the age of 30 don't
>> know anything about them, and there's no reason they should. To them,
>> the Beatles are about as relevant as Al Jolson and Bing Crosby were to
>> baby boomers in the 1960s, which is to say, thoroughly irrelevant.
>>
> Really? The Beatles made rock music acceptable.

Nonsense. It was Elvis Presley who performed THAT feat.

SyVyN11

Sep 24, 2005, 8:42:02 PM9/24/05

> Logician wrote:
>
>> Reagan was a LEADER:
>> - best relations with the UK in half a century
>> - best relations with the USSR EVER and the eventual end to the Cold
>> War
>> - strong economy
>> - Shut up LIbya OVERNIGHT
>> - stopped terrorist actions in Germany OVERNIGHT
>> - strong defence and words
>>
>> Reagan stood above the jokes "where's the President's brain" since he
>> knew and others knew he was a true leader - understanding the role or
>> example, understanding the role of giving job resposibility.
>>
>> If Reagan was there:
>> - Iraq would not have been invaded, he would have handled Saddam like
>> he handled Gadaffi - a quick effective attack neutralising him
>
> That's what Clinton did with Iraq. bush had to wreck our economy and
> attack Iraq to make a point.
errr, he dropped a few bombs. Saddam was unfeathered to build his armies
and weapons. Free to steal from the UN oil for food programs. Clinton
did crap.

>> - USA would stand tall in the world
>
> Same under Clinto. He was beloved worldwide, not detested like bush.

you mean France, Germany, and China loved him because he gave them what ever
they wanted. people say they love the girl that always puts out, but they
don't like or respect her, that is clinton.

>> - there would be no terrorism
>
> You're thinking utopia. There will be terrorism in the world. THe best
> we can hope for is to minimize it.

saddly gotta agree with that.

>> THAT'S THE DIFFERENCE ONE MAN MAKES
>>
> The Beatles did more for the world, had more impact, than Reagain.
>
> I would even bet, world wide, the Beatles are far more recognized than
> Reagan.

two right, even a blind man hits the bullseye every once and a while.

ffr...@mailandnews.com

Sep 24, 2005, 10:43:23 PM9/24/05
Ken [NY] wrote:
> [...]

> the Clintons has not harmed the decadent buffoon's reputation abroad.
> A Chinese condom manufacturer recently named one of its condoms the
> "Clinton," a fitting tribute to the man who had Monica Lewinsky
> perform oral sex on him in the Oval Office on Easter Sunday. Their
> advertising slogans are: "Always wear a 'Clinton' when you're getting
> a 'Lewinsky'!"; "I still believe in a place called the G-spot";
> "Extra-thin skinned!"; "For when you really, really want to feel her
> pain." Note to Bush: This isn't Walter Mondale. How about sending Pops
> on the road with Joey Buttafuoco?)
>
> According to my WWRD wristwatch, it's time for Bush to invade Grenada,
> bomb Libya, fire the air traffic controllers, and joke about launching
> a first strike against the Soviet Union. In lieu of that, how about
> nominating a conservative to O'Connor's seat on the court? It would be

If Ronald Reagan was president now, he would immediately withdraw U.S.
forces from Iraq and then pick some weak little country to attack and
conquer easily (probably some place like Bermuda)to prove America was
not a paper tiger.

The Pervert

Sep 25, 2005, 3:38:59 AM9/25/05

"abracadabra" <ab...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

...says the person who claims a rock group had more influence on the world
than the President of the United States, be it Reagan, Clinton, Carter, or
Bush.

Yup. You're delusional... or thirteen years old. (Damn near the same
thing, I suppose.)

The Pervert

Sep 25, 2005, 3:40:50 AM9/25/05

"Native American" <NativeA...@earthlink.net> wrote in message

GREAT answer!

The Pervert

Sep 25, 2005, 3:43:29 AM9/25/05

"hob" <deho...@comcast.net> wrote in message

> It's politics where smart men get compromises that are win-win - its not a
> short-term-battle for "all-or-nothing" morons whose nuts are bigger than
> their brains.

Smart men and win-win compromises. That's just awful!

robbin hood zoro

Sep 25, 2005, 3:51:41 AM9/25/05
Voodoo economics leads to bad karma for Ronny

COOL HAND LUKE

Sep 25, 2005, 4:18:07 AM9/25/05

"robbin hood zoro" <robbinh...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> Voodoo economics leads to bad karma for Ronny

God wiped out Reagan's brain for lying. Nancy never had one.

Bugman

Sep 25, 2005, 10:06:18 AM9/25/05

"The Pervert" <perv...@spambad.yahoo.com> wrote in message
Elvis was a rock musician?

robin hood

Sep 25, 2005, 10:23:38 AM9/25/05
.

Clarissa

Sep 25, 2005, 11:30:53 AM9/25/05

"robbin hood zoro" <robbinh...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Voodoo economics leads to bad karma for Ronny

Reagan had altzheimers durring last part of his reign of ruin
and had a "hearing aid" that told him what to say.
He said "ehh" every once in a while and then said
what he was told to say. If you could watch a video
of him you would be able to tell that he was just a puppet
and someone else was running him.

KenStahl

Sep 25, 2005, 11:59:15 AM9/25/05
Bugman wrote:

Well, if Rock-a-billy counts as Rock.

robin hood zoro

Sep 25, 2005, 12:14:29 PM9/25/05
Where is my script

Message has been deleted

abracadabra

Sep 25, 2005, 2:36:03 PM9/25/05

"The Pervert" <perv...@spambad.yahoo.com> wrote in message

Hey - I didn't say that. I think the Beatles were over rated by the poster.
Of course I think the baby-boomers are a bit over rated as well.
I lived through Reagan - he wasn't the Devil, and he wasn't a great
President either.

> Yup. You're delusional... or thirteen years old. (Damn near the same
> thing, I suppose.)

See above - I didn't claim the Beatles were more influential than Patti
Smith Group or Frank Zappa, let alone Reagan.

Freedom Fighter

Sep 25, 2005, 2:51:22 PM9/25/05
On 25 Sep 2005 00:51:41 -0700, "robbin hood zoro"

George Harrison

Sep 25, 2005, 7:41:19 PM9/25/05

Ollie North specifically blamed Reagan for his actions in
in Iran-Contra. Reagan called North a liar.

Salad

Sep 25, 2005, 9:12:11 PM9/25/05
The Beatles were inspired by Elvis...but music changed the world over
when the Beatles invaded. Their music will still be song long after the
memories of Reagan are forgotten.

Salad

Sep 25, 2005, 9:17:09 PM9/25/05
abracadabra wrote:

I did. But the Beatles were the precursors to rock greats like the Jimi
Hendrix, The Doors, Pink Floyd, The Who, Cream, etc.

Music helps shape a society. Music becomes a part of society and
history. People will singing songs long after people ask "Who was
Ronald Reagan?" when they fly into an airport. About all someone will
be able to respond is "A president in the 80s."

COOL HAND LUKE

Sep 25, 2005, 9:27:59 PM9/25/05

"George Harrison" <G_Har...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

I love it when Republicans fight. It's like there's no honor amongst
crooks.

The Pervert

Sep 26, 2005, 12:22:03 AM9/26/05

"Salad" <o...@vinegar.com> wrote in message

Yeah, like they ask "Who is FDR? Who is Abraham Lincoln?" Or was WWII just
a blip in modern American history?

Of course, if people are that stupid, oblivious and shallow, they deserve
whatever their stupidity and oblivion earns them.

Does that include you? Yeah, well... maybe it does.

Dr. Barry Worthington

Sep 26, 2005, 5:26:32 AM9/26/05
SyVyN11 wrote:
> "Salad" <o...@vinegar.com> wrote in message
> > abracadabra wrote:
> >
> >> "Ken [NY]" <em...@BelowThe.Text> wrote in message

> >> Because to conservatives Reagan is greater than Jesus
> > At one time the Beatles were.
> >
> > The Beatles have had more effect on the world than Reagan ever did or
> > will.
> Yeah, I remember when the beatles tore down that wall. I remember when the
> beatles won the cold war by making the ussr impotent.

Well, in a way they did help win the so-called 'cold war'. The
influence of their music upon an entire generation of young people
behind the 'iron curtain' was highly significant. If you ever talk to
people in the former communist states in Europe, you would find that
out.

But you appear to be one of those people who are Reagan hagiographers,
who think that he 'won' the 'cold war' single handedly. Sorry, but that
isn't true. Only Mikhail Gorbachev can perhaps be claimed as the person
who brought it to an end (though Helmut Kohl ably assisted him).

I'm afraid that your hero didn't really know what was going on most of
the time (although the CIA leadership left a great deal to be desired).

I have widely travelled and researched in this part of Europe, and I've
never come across anyone, academic or ex-communist, who though Reagan's
role was significant.

>I remember when the
> beatles cut taxes bringing a era of prosperity to be squandered by barabra
> strisand.

At least spell her name properly!

Reagan was an economic disaster. Look up the Plaza Hotel Conference.

Dr. Barry Worthington

> loser.

Asmodeus

Sep 26, 2005, 12:30:08 PM9/26/05

> Yeah, like they ask "Who is FDR? Who is Abraham Lincoln?" Or was
> WWII just a blip in modern American history?

Some years ago I was on campus for lunch. The students in line
ahead of us were talking, and one said, "Did you know Paul McCartney
was in a band before the Wings?"

So much for the Beatles being timeless classics.

--
/"\ ||
\ / ASCII RIBBON CAMPAIGN || Oderint Dum Metuant

Salad

Sep 26, 2005, 9:09:18 PM9/26/05
The Pervert wrote:

I initially thought, and still do, that in the future RR will fade, the
Beatles will still be around.

And I figured you were a typical "the only people that matter in the
world are those that live in the US" type of guy. I'm talking global,
the big picture. You tend to think parochial, small picture...an
attibute of the Republicans.

Music makes the world go round. And the Beatles brought rock and all of
its derivites to the world. At one time John said they were more
popular than Jesus. And they were.

Reagan had 8 years in office. Whatever he did will be long forgotten as
years go by. As far as humanity goes, he will have a far less impact on
people than the Beatles.

Rudy Canoza

Sep 26, 2005, 9:16:25 PM9/26/05
Salad wrote:
> Rudy Canoza wrote:
>
> > Salad wrote:

> >>At one time the Beatles were.
> >>
> >>The Beatles have had more effect on the world than Reagan ever did or will.
> >

> > What a stupid and fuckwitted thing to write. The Beatles had ZERO
> > lasting impact on the world. Most people under the age of 30 don't
> > know anything about them, and there's no reason they should. To them,
> > the Beatles are about as relevant as Al Jolson and Bing Crosby were to
> > baby boomers in the 1960s, which is to say, thoroughly irrelevant.
> >
> Really?

Yeah, "really". Not only is what you said patently false, but it shows
a monstrous lack of perspective. The Beatles were not important -
period. They wrote some nice songs, but they didn't change anything.

> The Beatles made rock music acceptable.

Bullshit. It happened long before they came on the scene. Who is
feeding you this bullshit, anyway? I bet I know: you're a young guy
who has had a bunch of fuckwitted dreamy baby boomers as teachers along
the way.

> They had a positive
> image. Their music is recognizable the world over. Their music was
> positive, had a message of peace instead of war.

I was there, and I doubt you were. They had an image as a bunch of
narcissistic potheads for most of the last half of the 1960s. They
weren't seen as the menace to the morals of youth that the Rolling
Stones were, but they also were *not* seen as the zenith of culture,
either.

> Music is global, war is local. That is why the Beatles have more of an
> impact than Reagan.

That's pure pap.