Favorite pizza creations that ONLY we can enjoy

1 view

Andy P. Jung

Feb 11, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/11/97

Anyone have a favorite pizza that is not listed in the menu?
I would use a garlic crunch crust, put the usual red sauce but mixed with
barbecue sauce, sprinkle crushed red peppers on the sauce, cheese,
mushrooms, beef, cheddar cheese, and oregno. After pizza comes out of the
oven, brush the sides with deep dish zesty mix (instead of Whirl), sprinkle
the sides with parmesian crunchies, and top it with parmesian cheese.

How about a taco pizza?
Thin crust with red sauce, cheese, and beef. After pizza comes out of oven,
top it with cheddar cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, and a few packs of the Taco
Bell sauce.

--
Have a nice day,
Andy

===================================
VISIT MY WEB SITE!
http://pages.prodigy.com/andyjung/
===================================

I don't want SPAM in any shape or form.

Jim Mackey

Feb 11, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/11/97

In article <01bc182b$452452c0$163bedcc@default>,
apj...@prodigy.net spouted out:

> How about a taco pizza?
> Thin crust with red sauce, cheese, and beef. After pizza comes out of oven,
> top it with cheddar cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, and a few packs of the Taco
> Bell sauce.

We do something similar for about a week around Cinco De
Mayo, but we sell it. It's just like this, sans the Taco
Bell sauce, and we put refried beans in place of the red
sauce.

--
Jim Mackey, AM, ex-PTE
San Jose, CA

David Griffith

Feb 11, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/11/97

Andy P. Jung (apj...@prodigy.net) wrote:
: Anyone have a favorite pizza that is not listed in the menu?

: I would use a garlic crunch crust, put the usual red sauce but mixed with
: barbecue sauce, sprinkle crushed red peppers on the sauce, cheese,
: mushrooms, beef, cheddar cheese, and oregno. After pizza comes out of the

: oven, brush the sides with deep dish zesty mix (instead of Whirl), sprinkle
: the sides with parmesian crunchies, and top it with parmesian cheese.

: How about a taco pizza?

: Thin crust with red sauce, cheese, and beef. After pizza comes out of oven,
: top it with cheddar cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, and a few packs of the Taco
: Bell sauce.

We have something like that on the menu called a "taco pizza". It starts
as a regular beef pizza with some cheddar. Sprinkle some taco seasoning
on top before putting it in the oven. When it's done, sprinkle pulverized
tortilla chips over it, then add lettuce, tomato, and pepperochini.

I haven't a clue what this one is called. Use ranch dressing instead of
normal pizza sauce. Put on about half the usual abount of cheese. Add
some cheddar too. Ham, bacon bits, sliced pepperochinis, then
pepperochini juice drizzled over the top.

I've been meaning to try making a pot pie sort of thing with a pan.

--
David Griffith Visit Dave's Pizza Page
d#gri...@ultrix6.cs.csubak.edu http://www.cs.csubak.edu/~dgriffi/pizza.html

Steve Prange

Feb 12, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/12/97

Try a breakfast pizza when you have to open on Saturday or Sunday.
Large dough, six eggs, cheese, bacon, ham, green peppers,
and.........pineapple. It's great.

Or try substituting Heinz 57 sauce for pizza sauce on a pizza, that's
great too, it's better on a deep-dish.

Steve

Tarl Cabot

Feb 12, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/12/97

On 11 Feb 1997 14:47:42 GMT, "Andy P. Jung" <apj...@prodigy.net>
wrote:

>Anyone have a favorite pizza that is not listed in the menu?

<snipped for brevity>

We always make cheese sticks topped with something. Jalapenos or beef
is good,

A regular thin crust pizza with triple decker cheese instead of the
regular stuff is also good.

Tarl the unimproved

"I've seen things in my life that should never be seen, I've seen
things to make your skin crawl." - Poison, Back to the rocking horse

Seem like a good pizza driver motto...

Tarl Cabot

Feb 12, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/12/97

Tarl Cabot

Feb 12, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/12/97

Tarl Cabot

Feb 12, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/12/97

Tarl Cabot

Feb 12, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/12/97

David Griffith

Feb 12, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/12/97

Steve Prange (spr...@iquest.net) wrote:
: Try a breakfast pizza when you have to open on Saturday or Sunday.

: Steve

Someone brought in a "fruit pizzza" from who knows where about a month
ago. Anyone know what this is?

Brenda S. Caldwell

Feb 13, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/13/97

>Pizza Huts sticks are made of pan dough. They are floated in a buttload
>of soybean oil

Damn, that's *alot* of soybean oil. :)

>I now know that this is essentially the way Papa Johns makes their
>breadsticks.

Yes, except we don't put anything on them. Just cook 'em raw. . .they
suck.

"Don't give in to your hate. . .it leads to The Dark Side!"
--Obi-Wan Kenobi, "Empire Strikes Back"

Robb

Feb 13, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/13/97

Tarl Cabot (ta...@worldnet.att.net) wrote:

Just in case we didnt get it the first time, right Tarl? :)

Robb

Feb 13, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/13/97

: Anyone have a favorite pizza that is not listed in the menu?

Two creations of mine, when I worked at Pizza Hut:

breadsticks:

Pizza Huts sticks are made of pan dough. They are floated in a buttload

of soybean oil, cooked so they soak up the oil, then coated with synthetic
butter coating, and sprinkled with "breadstick topping", which seems to be
a mixture of nitrates, garlic, spices, parm cheese, and other things.

i would make a low-fat breadstick. I took a medium handtossed dough, cut
it into slices, then stretched the slices about 1 inch thick and 4-5
inches long. I would put a twist in them and cook them.
<i placed them on a large thing pan, lightly coated with food release>.
When the sticks were done cooking, they increased in size about 2-3 times.
I took the dry sticks and sprayed them with out garlic spray, which was
used for coating the edge of the crust on stuffed-crust pizzas.

I now know that this is essentially the way Papa Johns makes their

breadsticks. At the time, i was attempting to make breadsticks that more
closely resembled Little Ceasers. <the king of breadsticks>

For pizza:
I used handtossed dough, I used stuffed-crust suace, which is a thicker
and slightly spicer versian of regular sauce. I then made a vegi-lover
without black olives, and WITHOUT CHEESE!
If I used cheese, I added only a tiny amount.
I then sprayed the top of the pizza with garlic spray, and I sprinkled
"Paul Prodome Pizza Spice" <bought at local grocery store> on top of the
pizza. I then cooked the pizzza. When it came out of the oven, i again
sprayed with garlic spray.
This too was an extremly low fat food.

Variations of reguluar high-fat pizza, include:
barbeque with bacon. <try it, its good>
barbeque with jalapeno
cheese pizza with Chef Boyardee Raviolis
pizza pockets, etc

For those taht are making triple decker crusts at pizza hut.
Save the "holes" from your crust, and make tiny snacking pizzas out of
them.

Robb

Brenda S. Caldwell

Feb 13, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/13/97

>Damn. I was afraid of that. Agent acted up on me last night, and it
>looked like the messages weren't posting. Now I have five or six
>copies of this in here...

I wondered why you did that!! Thoguht maybe you decided your message
was so important that you had to post it 8 times! :) Of course it
is!! :)

BeatRyder

Feb 14, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/14/97

LOL I wasnt going to say anything, Tarl!

Jeff D
Renegade Flower Delivery Pirate
Wishing all a Happy Valentine's Day

John the Pizza Man

Feb 14, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/14/97

Why can't you try this on a week day?

Robb

Feb 14, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/14/97

:
: Yes, except we don't put anything on them. Just cook 'em raw. . .they
: suck.

Take that garlic "dipping" sauce and lightly brush it on your breadsticks
before and after cooking them. It will improve their flavor ten fold.

Also spinkle a mixture of parm cheese and some garlic on the sticks after
they are cooked. Try that.
Also... heat up that breadstick sauce. Cold sauce is a no-no.

Robb

Steve Prange

Feb 15, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/15/97

Because MY Domino's doesn't open up till 4:30 on weekdays and that's a
little late for a Breakfast Pizza. :)

Steve

Brenda S. Caldwell

Feb 15, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/15/97

ro...@sky.net (Robb) wrote:

Actually, Robb, we have been doing that (as an employee snack) for a
while. One of our drivers, though, uses Extra Large dough instead of
Large because it gives it that doughy, uncooked taste. Yuck!!!

Tarl Cabot

Feb 15, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/15/97

On Thu, 13 Feb 1997 19:29:46 GMT, cud...@mindspring.com (Brenda S.
Caldwell) wrote:

>>Damn. I was afraid of that. Agent acted up on me last night, and it
>>looked like the messages weren't posting. Now I have five or six
>>copies of this in here...
>
>I wondered why you did that!! Thoguht maybe you decided your message
>was so important that you had to post it 8 times! :) Of course it
>is!! :)
>

>"Don't give in to your hate. . .it leads to The Dark Side!"
> --Obi-Wan Kenobi, "Empire Strikes Back"

I feel like I just showed up at the right house on the wrong street...

Tarl the suitably embarrased

Tarl Cabot

Feb 15, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/15/97

On 13 Feb 1997 07:54:27 GMT, ro...@sky.net (Robb) wrote:

>Tarl Cabot (ta...@worldnet.att.net) wrote:
>
>Just in case we didnt get it the first time, right Tarl? :)

Yeah, yeah, yeah, heard that one before! :)

Tarl the laughingstock

Robb

Feb 15, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/15/97

: >i would make a low-fat breadstick. I took a medium handtossed dough, cut

: >it into slices, then stretched the slices about 1 inch thick and 4-5
: >inches long. I would put a twist in them and cook them.
: ><i placed them on a large thing pan, lightly coated with food release>.
:
: A large "thing" pan? Sounds ominous. And you talk about me! :)
:
: Robbonics strikes again.

THIN PAN! :)

"Cause I got the 411 in the 187 and my momma aint home..."
-Ebonics

Brenda S. Caldwell

Feb 15, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/15/97

ta...@worldnet.att.net (Tarl Cabot) wrote:

>Tarl the laughingstock

It's ok, man!! We still love you!!! (but you can't have our Bud!. .
or in *my* case, Coca Cola!!) :)

Brenda S. Caldwell
cud...@mindspring.com

Tarl Cabot

Feb 15, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/15/97

On 13 Feb 1997 08:04:45 GMT, ro...@sky.net (Robb) wrote:

>i would make a low-fat breadstick. I took a medium handtossed dough, cut
>it into slices, then stretched the slices about 1 inch thick and 4-5
>inches long. I would put a twist in them and cook them.
><i placed them on a large thing pan, lightly coated with food release>.

A large "thing" pan? Sounds ominous. And you talk about me! :)

Robbonics strikes again.

Tarl the nitpicker

Sheila

Feb 15, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/15/97

Sometimes when we ran out of bigfoots, and got an order, we would take the
large pan dough, and spread it out on the Bigfoot pan. O didn't know at
other Pizza Huts, but at the one I had worked at, the pork sausage would go
bad, and I was the only one who ever noticed. One thing I used to do a lot
was instead of using the sauce that you are supposed to use on the pizza, I
would use the breadstick sauce, I liked it better.

Brenda S. Caldwell <cud...@mindspring.com> wrote in article
<5dvqdk$8...@camel4.mindspring.com>...

> >Pizza Huts sticks are made of pan dough. They are floated in a buttload

> >of soybean oil
>
> Damn, that's *alot* of soybean oil. :)
>

> >I now know that this is essentially the way Papa Johns makes their
> >breadsticks.
>
> Yes, except we don't put anything on them. Just cook 'em raw. . .they
> suck.

A_Scott

Feb 16, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/16/97

Robb wrote:

> : >i would make a low-fat breadstick. I took a medium handtossed dough, cut
> : >it into slices, then stretched the slices about 1 inch thick and 4-5
> : >inches long. I would put a twist in them and cook them.
> : ><i placed them on a large thing pan, lightly coated with food release>.
> :
> : A large "thing" pan? Sounds ominous. And you talk about me! :)
> :
> : Robbonics strikes again.
>
> THIN PAN! :)
>
> "Cause I got the 411 in the 187 and my momma aint home..."
> -Ebonics

Here's something we do at our Pizza Hut everyday....When we make Triple
Deckers we save the "center" from the top layer of the the Triple
Decker. The "centers" are then placed on a large thin pan and sauced
and topped. Then we cook them about 2/3 of the way through the oven.
These "pizza crackers" are delicious!! Try them for yourself!!

Tarl Cabot

Feb 16, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/16/97

On 15 Feb 1997 19:22:07 GMT, ro...@sky.net (Robb) wrote:

>: >i would make a low-fat breadstick. I took a medium handtossed dough, cut
>: >it into slices, then stretched the slices about 1 inch thick and 4-5
>: >inches long. I would put a twist in them and cook them.
>: ><i placed them on a large thing pan, lightly coated with food release>.
>:
>: A large "thing" pan? Sounds ominous. And you talk about me! :)
>:
>: Robbonics strikes again.
>
>THIN PAN! :)
>
>"Cause I got the 411 in the 187 and my momma aint home..."
>-Ebonics

Bummer. I think I liked thing pan better. Conjures up such vivid
images...

Tarl the binary

ken

Feb 16, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/16/97

hell my favorite pizza is a thin booger and luugi pizza extra butt
cheese and anchovies. delicouis, yum yum. try for yerself.

ken
the kidding

Driving Crazy

Feb 17, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/17/97

"Sheila" <gr...@iname.com> wrote:

>I hate the Stuffed crust sauce, too chunky, I like the Breadstick sauce the
>best, I used it on my personal pizza's al the time.

This line of posts reminds me that one night while I was killing time between runs by washing dishes (yeah thats another subject).
But anyway along the sauce line..... at least Pizz Hut. I was listening to the dish maching do its thing and reading the listings
on the side of the sauce boxes. The regular sauce contains MSG. Now I knew why the trots would hit soon after eating a regular
pizza. And the sauce used for stuffed crust and bread sticks does not contain MSG but contained "chicken fat" .
Exact wording on box. Must be a "flavor enhancer" or something. I was not impressed by either additive and brought
it to the mgr. So for all you MSG intorlant folks out there request the stuffed crust sauce on your other styles of crust.

Probe

Feb 18, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/18/97

"Andy P. Jung" <apj...@prodigy.net> regurgitated:

>Anyone have a favorite pizza that is not listed in the menu?

There are a few I like to make from time to time:

Nachitoches (NA' ka tish) Meat Pie
----------------------------------
Nachitoches is a small town in central western Louisiana in which you
can always find the famous (at least in the south) Nachitoches Meat
Pie. They even serve them at Kentucky Fried Chicken and you can find
them in the frozen food section of grocery stores in much of the
state. The beef filling is spicy and flavorful and contained by a
deep fried crust. The pies seem to be a regular favorite at the
festivals and the yearly Christmas parade down town where marching
bands from around the south go to compete for awards and trophies.
Although I love these meat pies, it has been several years since I've
had one, so I was not able to duplicate the recipe as accurately as
I'd like. But of course, these toppings are made for pizza from lips,
eyeballs and rectums, so they aren't top quality. Anyway, here you
go...

Use a thin dough, personal thin or individual size works best for
this. Lay it in the thin pan and cut the dough to the shape of the
pan. Lay your round dough out on a cutting board and peforate it to
prevent those unsightly air pockets.

We've all made pizzas so you can eyeball the amounts like EYE do. :)
In a bowl or some similar container you have access to, combine beef
topping, pork sausage topping, a couple of packages of red peppers
(depending on taste - one isn't enough for me, but I like a little
oral pain with good food), a couple of packages of parmesan cheese
and, a few onions. The genuine Nachitoches Meat Pie doesn't have
parmesan cheese in it, but it seems to add some kind of salty flavor
that gets the taste a little closer than just the other ingredients.
Mush it all together until the meat by product food toppings have the
consistency of ground meat, or as close as you can get it without it
looking like a greasy bowl of dog food. (That would look better than
the bowl of rabbit droppings we started out with, but I won't get into
that right now.)

Once all that is assimilated, rake it off onto your round dough you
labored on. Hopefully, you can make a nice, neat pile of meat
filling, leaving about 3/4 to 1 inch border all the way around. With
a wet (with water, spit won't work) finger, moisten half way around
the circumference of the dough, then fold the other half over and seal
it by pinching it together. You can be creative if you want to make
cute little twists and ties, but just mashing it together gives you
the same taste. :)

Carefully cut three or four slits crossways in the top to vent the
steam and to keep it from being too wet inside. Brush the top
completely with garlic butter or some other grease by-product in your
restaurant. Bake in your oven until the top is a nice, golden brown.
One trip through should do the trick, but if it looks like it can
stand an extra couple of minutes, it won't hurt. These things can be
pretty thick, and with the long list of ingredients I see listed on
the package that's supposed to be BEEF, I make sure mine is well done.

Another thing you can try if your unit has fajita chicken is a form of
Chicken Quesadillas, a mexican food!

Roll out the dough the same as before, only this time, you can use two
of the same size, like you're going to make a Triple Decker, but don't
use that cookie cutter thing in the middle of the top dough.

Combine fajita chicken, onions, diced tomatoes (some tomatoes could be
mashed to blend the flavors more) and triple decker six-blend or
cheddar cheese. A blend of every cheese available is best! Be
generous enough with the cheese to make it a delectable delight, but
not a serious opponent of your regular fiber intake. Some pizza
restaurants might have sauce that would work well if a little is mixed
with cheese, but I think Pizza Hut's would be too tangy. If you have
a milder sauce, it might work okay. Pizza Hut's stuffed crust sauce
might work pretty good since it has stewed tomatoes in it. (I withheld
appearance comments about this sauce since afterbirth is not a subject
that blends well with the culinary arts)

Anyway, just spread this concoction around on one dough and put the
other on top, remembering to moisten the edges of one dough to make it
stick to the other more dependably. The resulting dish is quite good,
and very different. Kinda hard to think that pizza toppings could be
used in such a way :)

RichChicago

Feb 22, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/22/97

Andy P. Jung wrote:

> Anyone have a favorite pizza that is not listed in the menu?
> I would use a garlic crunch crust, put the usual red sauce but mixed with
> barbecue sauce, sprinkle crushed red peppers on the sauce, cheese,
> mushrooms, beef, cheddar cheese, and oregno. After pizza comes out of the
> oven, brush the sides with deep dish zesty mix (instead of Whirl), sprinkle
> the sides with parmesian crunchies, and top it with parmesian cheese.
>
> How about a taco pizza?
> Thin crust with red sauce, cheese, and beef. After pizza comes out of oven,
> top it with cheddar cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, and a few packs of the Taco
> Bell sauce.

Here's a couple of my old favorites from my days of running restaurants.

Double dough, spaghetti sauce (meat) instead of pizza sauce, sliced
italian sausage, sauteed green peppers, fresh garlic (just a snark) with
a provolone/moz cheese mix, topped with a sprinkling of parmesean.

Yummy!

And, for dessert...

A puff-pastry (pizza dough, of course) made with sliced green apples,
butter (REAL BUTTER ONLY!), cinnamon and brown sugar. Deep-fried untill
gloden brown.

You can substitute apple compote, or bake the apples ahead of time if
you desire.

Drive Safe!

David Griffith

Feb 23, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/23/97

A_Scott (TripD...@juno.com) wrote:
: Robb wrote:
: > THIN PAN! :)

: >
: > "Cause I got the 411 in the 187 and my momma aint home..."
: > -Ebonics

: Here's something we do at our Pizza Hut everyday....When we make Triple

: Deckers we save the "center" from the top layer of the the Triple
: Decker. The "centers" are then placed on a large thin pan and sauced
: and topped. Then we cook them about 2/3 of the way through the oven.
: These "pizza crackers" are delicious!! Try them for yourself!!

That reminds me of the "Makeline-scraping Special" that I make
occasionally. Take a slice of ham and sprinkle a bit of cheese on it.
Then add whatever you find sitting on the makeline that didn't quite make
it onto a pizza. Put another slice of ham on top of that and sandwich the
thing between two screens. Put the thing in the over halfway. It's quite
good, despite being rather nasty-looking.

Lar

Feb 25, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/25/97

I was just wondering if any PJ employees have made cheesesticks with a
thin crust shell instead of the 10"dough? It sounds like a good combo
but I want to get some feedback before trying it.

Lar

ejmi...@sprynet.com

Feb 26, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/26/97

In article <3313b42...@news.atlantic.net>,

If you want a snack that's a little different, try making cheesesticks
without the cheese. We had somebody do it by mistake, and it tasted
pretty good.

Robb

Feb 27, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/27/97

: : I hate the Stuffed crust sauce, too chunky, I like the Breadstick sauce the

: : best, I used it on my personal pizza's al the time.
:
: Thats what I normally used on regular pizzas. <stick sauck>
: But, when I made a vegilover without cheese, I needed the thick crust to
: keep the pizza from being downright nasty.

That should have read 'this sauce'.

Robb

:
: If you are a vegan <which I was for several months>, its the only way to
: eat pizza. :)
:
: Robb

--
///// // //
// // // //

Robb

Feb 28, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/28/97

: : But, when I made a vegilover without cheese, I needed the thick crust to
:
: That should have read 'this sauce'.
:
: Robb

DAMNIT TO HELl!

THICK SAUCE!
<reread, verified.. passed through quality control>

Robb
<third times a charm>

Dan "The Man" Gillispie

Mar 1, 1997, 3:00:00 AM3/1/97

Brock wrote:

> Back when I worked at a Godfather's Pizza in Forest Park ('burb of
> Cincinnati) in late '80-early'81, we were allowed all the pop we could
> drink. The counter girls would pass it thru the ticket window to us.
> This was better than any straight pop from the fountain.
>
> You need:
> one gold plastic tumbler (just like the red ones at pizzahut)
> put about 1 or to fingers of Barrelhead root beer in the bottom, fill
> remainder with Mello Yello.
> Surprisingly good when you're sick of the 'normal' pop. Hmm, I've heard of Mellow Yellow before, but never knew it was
really a drink, always assumed that it was a Hollywood fabrication...Oh
well. Come to think of it, I've never heard of Barrelhead rootbeer
before either...Dammit, i thought that we had *everything* here in
California. Personally, I love to mix my sodas. I can't remember many
times that I have gone to a 7-11 and got a straight drink, not a mixed
one.

David Griffith

Mar 2, 1997, 3:00:00 AM3/2/97

ejmi...@sprynet.com wrote:
: In article <3313b42...@news.atlantic.net>,

: big...@atlantic.net (Lar) wrote:
: >
: > I was just wondering if any PJ employees have made cheesesticks with a
: > thin crust shell instead of the 10"dough? It sounds like a good combo
: > but I want to get some feedback before trying it.
: >
: > Lar

: If you want a snack that's a little different, try making cheesesticks
: without the cheese. We had somebody do it by mistake, and it tasted
: pretty good.

We have chicken. Once in a while I'll make a dough out of the breading
that the chicken is rolled in. That stuff is good, but salty (which may
or may not be a Bad Thing).

Brenda S. Caldwell

Mar 2, 1997, 3:00:00 AM3/2/97

big...@atlantic.net (Lar) wrote:

>I was just wondering if any PJ employees have made cheesesticks with a
>thin crust shell instead of the 10"dough? It sounds like a good combo
>but I want to get some feedback before trying it.

Yes!! it is pretty good! I prefer the small dough with the hell
docked out of it!!

Visit Travis Sheldon's Collector's Castle
http://www.angelfire.com/biz/cardstlsbsc/index.html

Visit Robbi's ~oo~ Mental Health Site
www.geocities.com/SOHO/7160

_
to respond via E mail, remove the spaces from my address!!

Tom

Mar 2, 1997, 3:00:00 AM3/2/97

Robb <ro...@sky.net> wrote in article <5f0m3m$4...@alpha.sky.net>...

> : I hate the Stuffed crust sauce, too chunky, I like the Breadstick sauce
the
> : best, I used it on my personal pizza's al the time.
>
> Thats what I normally used on regular pizzas. <stick sauck>

> But, when I made a vegilover without cheese, I needed the thick crust to

> keep the pizza from being downright nasty.
>

> If you are a vegan <which I was for several months>, its the only way to
> eat pizza. :)
>
> Robb

What happened to quality at Pizza Hut? Their pizzas used to be great, now
they are just a big greaseball.
You can literally tilt the pizza and fill up a glass with the grease
running off...

(At least at the stores in Southern Indiana)

Driving Crazy

Mar 2, 1997, 3:00:00 AM3/2/97

"Tom" <t...@bigfoot.com> wrote:
>What happened to quality at Pizza Hut? Their pizzas used to be great, now
>they are just a big greaseball.
>You can literally tilt the pizza and fill up a glass with the grease
>running off...
>
>(At least at the stores in Southern Indiana)

You must of got a meat lovers. or even a triple decker with anything.
Major heart attacks in a box, both of em. I have noticed the "healthly
eating" patterns are a changing. Back to what taste good, not what is good.
The new pepperoni helps cut the grease. But now we just put more on
to make up for it.

Remember if it taste good ....spit it out. It can't be good for you.

Brenda S. Caldwell

Mar 2, 1997, 3:00:00 AM3/2/97

>If you want a snack that's a little different, try making cheesesticks
>without the cheese. We had somebody do it by mistake, and it tasted
>pretty good.

What I like to do is make cheesesticks except put nacho cheese sauce
on it instead of garlic butter (which I hate anyway!!) then out the
cheese and onions on it! IT is great!! Tastes a little like scrambled
eggs.

Brenda S. Caldwell

Mar 2, 1997, 3:00:00 AM3/2/97

>>I was just wondering if any PJ employees have made cheesesticks with a
>>thin crust shell instead of the 10"dough? It sounds like a good combo
>>but I want to get some feedback before trying it.

>Yes!! it is pretty good! I prefer the small dough with the hell
>docked out of it!!

Aw , man!! One time I made cheesesticks with crushed red pepper under
the cheese. HOT!!! A driver took a piece and took a huge birte out
of it!! "What in the helll is this????'"" IT was kind of funny.
Poor guy's lips were on fire for awhile!!!

Robb

Mar 3, 1997, 3:00:00 AM3/3/97

: What happened to quality at Pizza Hut? Their pizzas used to be great, now

: they are just a big greaseball.
: You can literally tilt the pizza and fill up a glass with the grease
: running off...
:
: (At least at the stores in Southern Indiana)

Its that way in Missouri too.
I intentionally took steps to make my pizzas less greasy, when I worked at
Pizza Hut. Now that I work at Papa Johns, I dont have to do that. Their
pizzas are natuarally MUCH less greasy.

Of course, Pizza Hut used about 5 gallons of soybean oil, every other day,
in their pizzas.
At Papa Johns, we dont even have the item in the store!

Robb

TripDecker

Mar 3, 1997, 3:00:00 AM3/3/97

Tom wrote:

> Robb <ro...@sky.net> wrote in article <5f0m3m$4...@alpha.sky.net>...
> > : I hate the Stuffed crust sauce, too chunky, I like the Breadstick sauce
> the
> > : best, I used it on my personal pizza's al the time.
> >
> > Thats what I normally used on regular pizzas. <stick sauck>
> > But, when I made a vegilover without cheese, I needed the thick crust to
> > keep the pizza from being downright nasty.
> >
> > If you are a vegan <which I was for several months>, its the only way to
> > eat pizza. :)
> >
> > Robb
> >

> What happened to quality at Pizza Hut? Their pizzas used to be great, now
> they are just a big greaseball.
> You can literally tilt the pizza and fill up a glass with the grease
> running off...
>
> (At least at the stores in Southern Indiana)

Hey Tom

Come up to Indianapolis and try Pizza Hut pizza. Quality here is #1.
"Greaseballs" are a thing of the past.

Scott

TripDecker

drac...@aol.com

Mar 6, 1997, 3:00:00 AM3/6/97

In article <5fd16j$n...@camel2.mindspring.com>, cud...@mindspring.com (Brenda S. Caldwell) writes:

>Yes!! it is pretty good! I prefer the small dough with the hell
>docked out of it!!

YES!!!!!! no bubbles!!!! And add about 2 extra cups o cheese to that bad boy.

Wait for it....................wait for it....

Drac

tommyb

Mar 8, 1997, 3:00:00 AM3/8/97

Well said Brock! Gotta try that rootbeer and 'yello. Mine's
usually pepsi+seven-up with a splash of orange or equal parts
of everything in the machine that isn't diet. Yo, tommyb

lee...@aol.com

Mar 9, 1997, 3:00:00 AM3/9/97

> was just wondering if any PJ employees have made cheesesticks with a
>thin crust shell instead of the 10"dough? It sounds like a good combo
>but I want to get some feedback before trying it.
>

>Lar

I have tried it, it isn't that bad. Be brave, try it.

Lee

Gregory Ball

Apr 7, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/7/97
to Jim Mackey

Jim Mackey wrote:

> In article <01bc182b$452452c0$163bedcc@default>,
> apj...@prodigy.net spouted out:

> > How about a taco pizza?
> > Thin crust with red sauce, cheese, and beef. After pizza comes out of oven,
> > top it with cheddar cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, and a few packs of the Taco
> > Bell sauce.
>
> We do something similar for about a week around Cinco De
> Mayo, but we sell it. It's just like this, sans the Taco
> Bell sauce, and we put refried beans in place of the red
> sauce.
>
> --
> Jim Mackey, AM, ex-PTE
> San Jose, CA

here's another good one: the coney island pizza

hot dogs chopped up, chili, cheddar cheese, onions,
mustard and onions when the pizza comes out of the oven
try it!

David Griffith

Apr 9, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/9/97

Gregory Ball (gb...@bayou.com) wrote:

The Taco Pizza is standard over here and is quite popular.