A Google Csoportok már nem támogatja az új Usenet-bejegyzéseket és -feliratkozásokat. A korábbi tartalmak továbbra is megtekinthetők.

Which is easier to convert to MySQL? Access or SQL2000?

23 megtekintés
Ugrás az első olvasatlan üzenetre

W i l l

olvasatlan,
2001. okt. 1. 20:22:112001. 10. 01.
Which is easier to convert to MySQL? Access or SQL2000?

I will be hosting a web app on MySQL but I can only get the DB in
either Access or SQL2000 format.
Any help would be appreciated.

Starduck

olvasatlan,
2001. okt. 2. 3:10:112001. 10. 02.
In article <l92irtoih9k6ugcla...@4ax.com>, W_i...@me.com
says...

I had about the same problem. I solved this by creating a small VB
program which dumped all the MS Access records in a text file.
In MySQL I created a table with the same structure as the Access
database. Then I used the MySQL command LOAD DATA INFILE to copy the
records from the text file into the MySQL database.
I am a newbie myself, so there might be better solutions for this, like
ODBC.

--
"minds are like parachutes, they only work when open !"

Justin Koivisto

olvasatlan,
2001. okt. 2. 11:38:032001. 10. 02.

if you can export to cvs files, then you shouldn't have many problems at
all - especially if you read about importing file formats in the mysql
documentation

--
Justin Koivisto
jus...@wafishermn.com

Wael Ghonim

olvasatlan,
2001. okt. 3. 1:51:232001. 10. 03.
Well,
I've experienced the same problem 6 months ago, It was a headeche for me
however I guess now I would know the solution.
Acess allows you to dump the database, make a table structure in your Mysql
the same as the one that you have for the Access Database.
Dump all the data putting : "" between every field ( you can choose that )
( Ex.: "1","John","Woow" )
After that you can easily create your Mysql Database and dump the files to
it.

Wael
Islam = Terrorism ?!
http://english.islamway.com