Rise of the machines

TruthSlave

Nov 21, 2007, 8:29:03 AM11/21/07
Rise of the machines

The machine is defined by its function,
the machine only exist to serve function
the machine without function has no purpose.

Function can be meaningful or contrived,
function existing on the back of other
functions, existing as the primary objective,
as a niche, unnoticed as a secondary means
to support some asteria end.

The perfect machine, will be machine made,
defined as a product of the numbers, manlike
but without his soul. Manlike but with all
thought replaced by some plausible excuse
for a mind.

This machine will be programmed to serve
circumstance. A series of plausible, yet
contrived circumstance will determine its

This new machine will pursue its function
with no respect of the other functions served
by other machines. Existing to satisfy self,
the purpose of its instructions will count as
nothing to its own goals. Routine will dominate.

Mich...@gmail.com

Nov 21, 2007, 10:11:54 AM11/21/07

This would be a lot more interesting if it were unique.

TruthSlave

Nov 21, 2007, 11:31:49 AM11/21/07
Mich...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Nov 21, 8:29 am, TruthSlave <T...@home.com> wrote:
>> Rise of the machines
>>
>> The machine is defined by its function,
>> the machine only exist to serve function
>> the machine without function has no purpose.
>>
>> Function can be meaningful or contrived,
>> function existing on the back of other
>> functions, existing as the primary objective,
>> as a niche, or unnoticed as a secondary means

>> to support some asteria end.
>>
>> The perfect machine, will be machine made,
>> defined as a product of the numbers, manlike
>> but without his soul. Manlike but with all
>> thought replaced by some plausible excuse
>> for a mind.
>>
>> This machine will be programmed to serve
>> circumstance. A series of plausible, yet
>> contrived circumstance will determine its
>>
>> This new machine will pursue its function
>> with no respect of the other functions served
>> by other machines. Existing to satisfy self,
>> the purpose of its instructions will count as
>> nothing to its own goals. Routine will dominate.
>
> This would be a lot more interesting if it were unique.

Unique or not it deserves to be said, and often.
Besides, what one claims as unique, is itself a
measure of experience, just ask any inexperienced
machine.

Sometimes it takes a mirror to see ourselves.

Allied to the post above is the idea of the lie
and our discernment of lies, as the highest form
of intelligence. A.I being somewhat short of the
real thing, might find itself content with the
plausible, with no way to determine the origins
of the truth it was made to observe.

You might call this a clue for any present or
future A.I.

[which reminds me about our 'Info Bots']

gdew...@gmail.com

Nov 21, 2007, 1:30:06 PM11/21/07
On Nov 21, 5:31 pm, TruthSlave <T...@home.com> wrote:

You don't even need a computer. We write down a company policy and if
the company doesn't need your services anymore you go with the trash.
Businesses have been serving their self interest trough out history.
The machines never serve us, we are their slaves we have always
been....

(I'm posting this message for the 3rd time now? lol??)
____
http://blog.360.yahoo.com/factuurexpress

FishFood

Nov 21, 2007, 5:02:43 PM11/21/07

brian fletcher

Nov 21, 2007, 6:38:36 PM11/21/07

<Mich...@gmail.com> wrote in message

Sounds like a quote from Chaplin's "Modern Times".

BOfL

ZerkonX

Nov 22, 2007, 8:46:31 AM11/22/07
On Wed, 21 Nov 2007 13:29:03 +0000, TruthSlave wrote:

> The machine is defined by its function,
> the machine only exist to serve function
> the machine without function has no purpose.

Before this came:
====
A person is defined by function
the person only serves function
the person without function has no purpose
====

It stands to reason then that something 'manufactured' from and by this,
like a machine, would reflect the disposition of such a manufacturer.

If a person's function, and so purpose, is assigned to them, they are a
machine, if not, they are and have their own purpose.