A phone number for makers of RABBITATS?

amy

Jan 23, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/23/96

It's been a while with no word about my rabbitat... does anyone have a
number for the people that make these? Please email if you can to me!

John Robinson

Jan 24, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/24/96
Rabbitat info:

address:
8 Rumford Ave
Waltham, MA 02154

Tel:
(617)-893-5134

Email:
rabb...@world.std.com

James Tweed

Jan 25, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/25/96
For quite a while I've read postings talking about rabbitat's. I'm
assumming this is a term for some type of unique rabbit housing. Please
E-mail me or post to this group with where to get info about
rabbitat's. Thanks, Shari Tweed

kn...@earthlink.net

Jan 26, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/26/96
Pierre says you can find Rabbitat at 617.893.5134 or rabb...@world.std.com.

He really likes his rabbitat.

Knute...

Jan Penovich

Jan 30, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/30/96
kn...@earthlink.net writes:

>Pierre says you can find Rabbitat at 617.893.5134 or rabb...@world.std.com.

>He really likes his rabbitat.

What is Rabbitat?

jan
TTFN, * jpen...@encore.com (my opinions are my own
jan penovich * Encore Computer Corp. not my employer's)

Greg Bullough

Feb 16, 1996, 3:00:00 AM2/16/96
In article <4farqs$k...@gold.niia.net> Bunmom writes:

>I was just at the Rabbitat Home Page and it stated there were no wire
>floors. This is the main reason I would not want one.

Don't knock it until you've tried it (for a while). The smallest size
kitty-litter box with some cedar chips to control odor (just a quarter-
inch), and a generous heap of timothy hay will quickly become the
'potty box.' Any misses can be cleaned up with a dust-buster or
paper towels. Ninja doesn't mind the dust-buster, not even the noise!
Cedar fumes aren't good for animals' livers, but they also aren't
very concentrated with just that little bit (versus a full cage-full).

After a while, your rabbit will become more disciplined. And you
will find (believe it) that it will start to become more 'laid back'
and relaxed. You must change the box every two days. To me, it's
loads easier than that awful, huge, tray. We have four boxes, one
is typically on the porch, waiting to go to the compost heap, one
is in the cage, one ready to go into the cage, and another is sitting
in the slop-sink with a strong solution of bleach and water in it.

Ninja's travel cage has a wire floor. He always has a towel in it,
which he dutifully spreads out to cover most of the wire except where
he does his business. It seems as if he knows what he's doing.

Wire floors were invented for meat-breeders who viewed their rabbits
much as many of us view chickens. They aren't made for a good quality
of life for the animal.

Oh, yes; upstairs on the carpet, Ninja *never* wets. He does leave
three or four turds in one corner to establish territory. Vacuum them
up, he'll leave three or four more. That's rabbit biz.

Greg

David J. Wang

Feb 23, 1996, 3:00:00 AM2/23/96
> In article <4farqs$k...@gold.niia.net> Bunmom writes:
> >I was just at the Rabbitat Home Page and it stated there were no wire
> >floors. This is the main reason I would not want one.

That's the main reason we WANTED one...

David
--
David J. Wang http://info.gdb.org/~djw/
mailto:d...@gdb.org http://infonet.welch.jhu.edu/

amy

Feb 27, 1996, 3:00:00 AM2/27/96
In article <4gkhi9$i...@news.jhu.edu>,

David J. Wang <d...@cwis.welch.jhu.edu> wrote:
>> In article <4farqs$k...@gold.niia.net> Bunmom writes:
>> >I was just at the Rabbitat Home Page and it stated there were no wire
>> >floors. This is the main reason I would not want one.
>
>That's the main reason we WANTED one...

No kidding! I liked the fact also that they are very pleasant
looking. Most of the "utility cages" you find for rabbits are so
nasty and medieval looking, I'd hardly want one against the wall in my
living room. But Dinkum's Rabbitat looks great, and if works fine for
him. He can have his litterbox, his carpet, his toys, and space to do
a little binky in there even. Wire floors can cause sore hocks and
bona fide hock sores, and come on... would YOU want to walk around on
a wire floor all the time?

amy

Bunmom

Feb 27, 1996, 3:00:00 AM2/27/96
On 27 Feb 1996 05:13:37 GMT, aly...@nickel.ucs.indiana.edu (amy)
wrote:

>No kidding! I liked the fact also that they are very pleasant
>looking. Most of the "utility cages" you find for rabbits are so
>nasty and medieval looking, I'd hardly want one against the wall in my
>living room.
> Wire floors can cause sore hocks and
>bona fide hock sores, and come on... would YOU want to walk around on
>a wire floor all the time?
>
>amy
Amy,
No, I wouldn't want to walk on wire floors, but then I don't tend to
forget to use the toilet and pee and poop on my floors either. (grin)
Although my buns are basically litter trained they still feel the need
to mark territory in their cages when the other is out and nearby. I
feel it could be a health problem if there was no wire floor for the
poops and pees to get away. I've not had a problem with sore hock,
maybe I've just been lucky, I give them an area of straw to lay on and
they get out several times a day for play times. Maybe this has
helped. I do agree with you about the looks of traditional cages.
--
Bunmom