Electronic Matchmaker(tm) Questionnaire - Draft 6.85

Eric_S...@cup.portal.com

Dec 26, 1992, 6:57:10 PM12/26/92
If you receive the following directly from me, consider yourself
signed up. Everyone who receives this WILL receive the final draft
when the service is up and running.

STATUS REPORT on electronic matching service.

Our site will be run by wal...@world.std.com/Walter Vannini. He
will be launching the service on a UUCP account off the WELL.
Programming is underway and we are currently looking for someone
to write the UNIX and Macintosh interface programs for people who
don't want to work directly with a text questionnaire. A backup
programmer for DOS interface programming would also be appreciated.

We are also looking for experts of the Coherent 4.0 UNIX operating
system.

Following is the latest draft of the questionnaire. I am still
taking comments on it:

ELECTRONIC MATCHMAKER(TM) QUESTIONNAIRE
Copyright 1992 Eric Klien. All Rights Reserved.

DRAFT 6.85

DO NOT FILL IT OUT as this is NOT the final draft. Send comments to
eric_s...@cup.portal.com.

Electronic Matchmaker(tm) is a global matching service that does not
prohibit people from using it based on their gender, marital status,
physical disabilities, race, religion, or sexual orientation.

EM Headquarters: Eric Klien, 8124 Bridlepath Way, Las Vegas, NV
89128. E-mail address: eric_s...@cup.portal.com.

Traditional methods of courting and flirting are risky generally to
both men and women. Not only are they risky, but they are
ineffective. I know many, many people who have had serious problems
using the traditional dating methods. This service is intended to
improve people's lives by providing better marital and relationship
matches. Ideally, superior matches will make for happier relationships
and situations.

This document contains:

* An introduction to the service
* Technical details about the service
* How to fill out the questionnaire
* The questionnaire

This service has no charges or fees. Whether you have just submitted a
questionnaire, have received a bad date, or have received a great date,
you are not required to send any money. Of course, donations will be
gladly accepted if you have a great date. The history of dating
services shows failure due to lack of people. The best way to get the
greatest number of people is to offer a free service. For example, a
service in Las Vegas has a detailed questionnaire, but charges $9995
for a worldwide search. Electronic Matchmaker offers a worldwide
search for free.

EM is currently working on creating a listserver that can:

* Send questionnaires to people who request them.
* Process questionnaires and send error messages if they are
filled out incorrectly.
* Give people e-mail addresses of potential matches until they
ask the listserver to stop.

I plan to post weekly messages like the following to alt.personals:

Number of new entries this week

men - straight 99 men - bisexual 22 gay male 22
women - straight 77 women - bisexual 11 lesbian 11

Total number of entries

men - straight 99999 men - bisexual 22222 gay male 22222
women - straight 77777 women - bisexual 11111 lesbian 11111

Afghanistan 100 Japan 100 Spain 100
Australia 100 Lebanon 100 Sri Lanka 100
Bangladesh 100 Korea 100 Switzerland 100

... ... ...

Number of matches sent out this week 5421
Number of people requesting removal from database 410

Reason for removal:

dating 400
dissatisfied 1
loss of e-mail access 9
unknown 0

MEN signed up: 402 WOMEN signed up: 206 Total: 608 people.

ALGORITHM

The matching algorithm is set up to look at DESIRED MATCH choices
using the following priorities:

"A" for absolutely and "R" for refuse
"Y" for yes and "N" for no
"L" for like and "T" for tolerate

After each step, the algorithm will see how many matches are
available. If only ___ matches are left, the algorithm will stop.

The rate of agreement on matching is checked for both people. If A
matches very well with B, the algorithm still checks to make sure that
B matches very well with A.

After sending in your questionnaire, you will receive a report like
the following:

Of the 52,421 men on the system

1 matched your criteria 90%
25 matched your criteria 60 - 89 %
425 matched your criteria 20 - 59 %
15,149 matched your criteria 5 - 19 %

You can then reply with choices like the following:

SHOW TOP 10 or SHOW TOP 5 or SHOW TOP 1

MULTIPLE PURPOSE

If you want several types of contacts such as:

* somebody to meet close
* a pen pal far away
* a good friend
* someone to visit for a holiday not too far from home

You can send multiple questionnaires, and differentiate between
them by using different passwords in each questionnaire. Or you
could just check multiple SELF Xs in the Relationship question.

CHANGED MIND

If you change your mind about how you wish to answer a question, you
can resubmit a new questionnaire. You don't have to flag the
questionnaire as a resubmittal.

SEXUAL COMPATIBILITY

These questions have been moved to the end of the questionnaire so
people who don't want to answer them don't have to read them either.
If person A answered all these questions, while person B didn't, they
would have less chance of matching as person B would fail to match
in all the DESIRED MATCH choices selected by person A.

COMMENTS

Don't include comments scattered throughout the form. If you want to
include comments, write them at the end of this questionnaire in the
section entitled, COMMENTS THAT YOU WANT YOUR MATCH TO SEE.

PRIVACY

All initial contacts between matches will be done by e-mail. If you
want your contact to be totally anonymous, send e-mail to
anonym...@godiva.nectar.cs.cmu.edu. You will be given an e-mail
address like anonym...@godiva.nectar.cs.cmu.edu. Enter this e-mail
address in the general information section at the end of this
application. You may even hide your e-mail address from Electronic
Matchmaker(tm) by sending e-mail to
anonym...@godiva.nectar.cs.cmu.edu instead of
eric_s...@cup.portal.com. Note that "anonymus" is the correct
spelling for using this service.

Note that all answers are confidential. Not only will they not be
distributed to any persons or companies, but they will not be sent to
your match. I feel that people will answer more honestly if they know
that their matches will not be reading all of their answers! On the other
hand, the optional comments that you may enter at the end of the
questionnaire will be sent to your match, unlike your answers.

HOW TO FILL OUT THE QUESTIONNAIRE

In each of the following rating questions:

1) Specify your own attributes by replacing the dash in the appropriate
selection in the SELF column with an X. Use multiple Xs for SELF
where appropriate.
2) Specify whether you wish this attribute in your DESIRED MATCH
by placing a (Y)es, (M)aybe, or (N)o in place of the dash for each
appropriate attribute. If you don't replace the dash, then your
answer will be interpretted as (M)aybe.
3) If you don't care about a question, just leave the entire DESIRED
MATCH column blank.
4) For increased precision you may answer (A)bsolutely must match,
(Y)es - want match, (P)refer such a match, (M)aybe,
(T)olerate such a match, (N)o - don't want match, (R)efuse anyone
with this attribute. If you can't remember all these letters, you
may answer with an answer of 1-7 with 1=R, 2=N, 3=T, 4=M, 5=P, 6=Y,
and 7=A.
5) If you use the simple Y/M/N method on some questions you may still
chose to use the more precise A/P/L/M/T/N/R on other questions. I
would highly recommend that you use the "A" and "R" options in the
gender and orientation question.

EXAMPLES:

TEMPER
SELF DESIRED MATCH
_ Am easily angered Y
X Average temperament Y
_ I almost never lose my cool Y
_ I never lose my cool N
_ I learn from past mistakes and failures _
_ I am tolerant of different beliefs _
_ Occasionally have nuclear outbursts R

This is a person with an average temperament. She wants to meet
someone who "Y"es is easily angered, has an average temperament, or
almost never loses his cool. She "N"o - doesn't want someone who
never loses his cool. She doesn't like the Vulcan type. She "M"aybe
wants some who learns from past mistakes and is tolerant of different
beliefs. And she "R"efuses to be matched with someone who
occassionally has nuclear outbursts.

TEMPER
SELF DESIRED MATCH
_ Am easily angered _
X Average temperament _
_ I almost never lose my cool _
_ I never lose my cool _
_ I learn from past mistakes and failures _
_ I am tolerant of different beliefs _
_ Occasionally have nuclear outbursts _

This is a person with an average temperament. He doesn't care about
this category so has not filled in the DESIRED MATCH column.

LEGAL STUFF

Electronic Matchmaker Inc. makes no guarantee about the people filling
out the questionnaire or any matches made. By sending in this
questionnaire, you agree to not hold Electronic Matchmaker liable for
any harm, injury, or inconvenience caused by responding.

Electronic Matchmaker is intended for individuals aged 18 or older.
Do not send this form in if you are younger than 18.

_____ __ __ _____ _____ ______ __ _____ __ __ _____
| _ || || || ___|| ___||__ __|| || _ || \| || ___|
| |_| || || || ___||___ | | | | || |_| || ||___ |
|____\||______||_____||_____| |__| |__||_____||__|\__||_____|

VER 6.85

* REMEMBER THAT MULTIPLE SELF ANSWERS ARE ACCEPTABLE *
* FOUR QUESTIONS HAVE NO SELF CHOICES, DON'T WORRY ABOUT THIS *
* CHECK AT LEAST ONE SELF CHOICE PER QUESTION *
* IF YOU DON'T CARE ABOUT A QUESTION, LEAVE THE DESIRED MATCH COLUMN BLANK *

*** DO NOT FILL THIS OUT as this is NOT the final draft. ***

-TYPE OF RELATIONSHIP QUESTIONS

10. MEDIUM OF RELATIONSHIP
DESIRED MATCH
E-mail _
Postal mail _
Phone _
Visit/meet for initial contact _
Visit/meet if e-mail relationship is going _
well

20. RELATIONSHIP

A domestic partnership is for two people of the same sex who are not
legally allowed to marry.

SELF DESIRED MATCH
_ Pen pal _
_ Friendship _
_ Sex partner _
_ Short term romance (0 to 6 months) _
_ Short term leading to possible long term _
_ Looking for stable relationship _
_ Want to cohabit, but not marry _
_ Want someone to have children with _
_ Marriage/domestic partnership _

-GLOBAL/TRAVEL/CULTURE QUESTIONS

30. LANGUAGES THAT YOU CAN SPEAK FLUENTLY
SELF DESIRED MATCH
_ American Sign Language _
_ Arabic _
_ Cantonese _
_ Catalan _
_ Chinese/Mandarin _
_ Croatian _
_ Czech _
_ Danish _
_ Dutch _
_ English _
_ Esperanto _
_ Estonian _
_ Finnish _
_ French _
_ Gaelic _
_ German _
_ Greek _
_ Hebrew _
_ Hindi _
_ Hungarian _
_ Icelandic _
_ Indonesian _
_ Irish _
_ Italian _
_ Japanese _
_ Korean _
_ Latin _
_ Latvian _
_ Lithuanian _
_ Maori _
_ Norwegian _
_ Polish _
_ Portuguese _
_ Punjabi _
_ Romanian _
_ Russian _
_ Serbian _
_ Slovakian _
_ Slovenian _
_ Spanish _
_ Swedish _
_ Tagalog/Filipino _
_ Thai _
_ Turkish _
_ Ukrainian _
_ Urdu _
_ Vietnamese _
_ Yiddish _
_ Welsh _

40. LANGUAGES THAT YOU CAN READ OR SPEAK ADEQUATELY
SELF DESIRED MATCH
_ American Sign Language _
_ Arabic _
_ Cantonese _
_ Catalan _
_ Chinese/Mandarin _
_ Croatian _
_ Czech _
_ Danish _
_ Dutch _
_ English _
_ Esperanto _
_ Estonian _
_ Finnish _
_ French _
_ Gaelic _
_ German _
_ Greek _
_ Hebrew _
_ Hindi _
_ Hungarian _
_ Icelandic _
_ Indonesian _
_ Irish _
_ Italian _
_ Japanese _
_ Korean _
_ Latin _
_ Latvian _
_ Lithuanian _
_ Maori _
_ Norwegian _
_ Polish _
_ Portuguese _
_ Punjabi _
_ Romanian _
_ Russian _
_ Serbian _
_ Slovakian _
_ Slovenian _
_ Spanish _
_ Swedish _
_ Tagalog/Filipino _
_ Thai _
_ Turkish _
_ Ukrainian _
_ Urdu _
_ Vietnamese _
_ Yiddish _
_ Welsh _

50. CULTURE BACKGROUND

Religious cultures are covered elsewhere. Culture means the
way that you have lived, not the way that your ancestors lived.

SELF DESIRED MATCH
_ Afghanistan _
_ African _
_ African American _
_ Arabic _
_ Armenian _
_ Asean _
_ Asian _
_ Asian American _
_ Australian _
_ Bangladesh _
_ Brazil _
_ British _
_ Bulgarian _
_ Canadian - French _
_ Canadian - Non French _
_ Caribbean _
_ Celtic _
_ Central American _
_ Chinese _
_ Czechoslovakia _
_ Danish _
_ European _
_ Filipino _
_ French _
_ German _
_ Greek _
_ Hispanic _
_ Hong Kong _
_ Indian - American _
_ Indian - Eskimo _
_ Indian - India _
_ Indian - India Eastern _
_ Indian - Mexico/South American _
_ Iranian _
_ Irish _
_ Israeli _
_ Italian _
_ Japanese _
_ Korean _
_ Latin American _
_ Lebanon _
_ Magyar _
_ Maori _
_ Melanesian _
_ Mexican _
_ Micronesian _
_ Middle Eastern _
_ New Zealand _
_ Nepal _
_ Netherlands _
_ Nordic _
_ Pakistan _
_ Polish _
_ Polynesian _
_ Portuguese _
_ Romanian _
_ Russian _
_ Samoan _
_ South American _
_ Spanish _
_ Sri Lankan _
_ Swiss _
_ Taiwan _
_ Tamil _
_ Teutonic _
_ Thai _
_ Turkish _
_ United States _
_ Vietnamese _
_ Yugoslavia _

60. ACCEPTABLE DISTANCE MATCH CAN BE FROM YOU
DESIRED MATCH
Less than 10 miles (16km) _
Within 25 miles (40km) _
Within 50 miles (80km) _
Within 100 miles (160km) _
Within 250 miles (400km) _
Within 500 miles (800km) _
Within 1000 miles (1600km) _
Anyplace on same continent _
Anyplace on planet _

70. DURATION OF TIME WILLING TO MAINTAIN A LONG DISTANCE RELATIONSHIP

This question is in case your match lives at a different address
during part of the year.

SELF DESIRED MATCH
_ No months per year _
_ 1 month per year _
_ 2-3 months per year _
_ 4-6 months per year _
_ 7-9 months per year _
_ 10+ months per year _
_ Not sure, take it as it comes _

80. TRAVEL
SELF DESIRED MATCH
_ Love to travel _
_ Like to travel _
_ Rarely travel _
_ Don't like to travel _
_ Can't afford to travel _
_ Weekend/extended trips _
_ 1-2 week vacations _
_ 3-4 week vacations _
_ 5+ week vacations _

90. TRAVEL ACCOMMODATIONS
SELF DESIRED MATCH
_ Bed & breakfasts _
_ Camping _
_ Condos _
_ Family _
_ Friends _
_ Hotels _
_ Multiple couples _
_ New destinations _
_ Nudist resorts _
_ RV _
_ True and tried places _
_ Youth hostels _
_ Don't travel _

-PERSONALITY QUESTIONS

100. COMMUNICATION IN A RELATIONSHIP
SELF DESIRED MATCH
_ Talk is crucial to a relationship _
_ I am an average talker/listener _
_ Persons should not talk about feelings _
_ Like to talk about my feelings _
_ Like to listen about others feelings _
_ Willing to listen about others feelings _

110. CONFLICT
SELF DESIRED MATCH
_ Obstinate _
_ Enjoy a good argument _
_ Will argue over important matters _
_ Usually willing to compromise _
_ Won't use personal attacks or change-the- _
subject diversions in an argument
_ Will end argument knowing that you haven't _
won but without ill feelings
_ Can truly forgive both yourself and others _
_ Try to figure out reason of conflict and _
find reasonable solution
_ Try to avoid conflicts _
_ Will do anything to avoid conflict _

120. CONFORMITY - BEHAVIOR
SELF DESIRED MATCH
_ Important to observe social norms at all _
times
_ Generally good to follow social norms, but _
will make exceptions for provocation or
hypocrisy
_ Find many social norms oppressive; prefer a _
free, informal style within bounds of
politeness
_ Most social norms are crap; prefer total _
openness and honesty even at the cost of
being thought rude
_ Will go to extremes to provoke people I _
regard as snobs, stuffed shirts, etc.

130. CONFORMITY - THINKING
SELF DESIRED MATCH
_ Prefer to embrace whole systems worked out _
by others
_ Prefer to combine best features of systems _
worked out by others
_ Prefer to assemble own ways of understanding _
things from ideas taken from a wide variety
of sources
_ Strongly independent thinker; invent or _
synthesize own concepts, but strive to
integrate them in a coherent way
_ Prefer to improvise; don't care about having _
a "big picture"
_ Very important that some community of people _
accept my way of thinking
_ Only need a few people to accept or approve _
my way of thinking
_ Don't care if no one agrees with me _

140. CREATIVITY
SELF DESIRED MATCH
_ Very creative _
_ More creative than average _
_ Have average creativity _
_ Less creative than average _
_ Not creative _
_ Creative with art/literature _

150. CURRENT MENTAL/EMOTIONAL STATE
SELF DESIRED MATCH
_ Need a lot of active emotional support _
_ Need some active emotional support _
_ Don't need any emotional support _
_ Need a lot of understanding _
_ Need some understanding _
_ Can meet most of my own needs _
_ Can provide some understanding _
_ Can provide a lot of understanding _
_ Can provide some active emotional support _
_ Can provide a lot of active emotional _
support

160. DOMINANCE
SELF DESIRED MATCH
_ Almost never compromise _
_ Sometimes give in _
_ Almost always compromise _
_ Will do some of the care and feeding of a _
relationship
_ Will do my share of laundry and shopping _
_ Negotiate mutually agreeable stands _
_ Care most about other person's wishes _
_ No one should be dominant _

170. ENERGY
SELF DESIRED MATCH
_ Always on the move _
_ More active than most _
_ About average _
_ Less active than most _
_ Enjoy relaxing whenever possible _

180. FLIRTING
SELF DESIRED MATCH
_ I don't mind if my partner flirts with _
others
_ Flirting is O.K. as long as it's not serious _
_ I will be upset if my partner flirts _
_ I will end the relationship if partner _
flirts
_ I encourage friendly flirting _

190. GREGARIOUSNESS
SELF DESIRED MATCH
_ Must have lots of friends around to be happy _
_ Like to meet other people _
_ Like to be in large groups of people _
_ Hate crowds, like to be with friends _
_ Like to be in small groups of people _
_ Am gregarious in the company of friends _
or good acquaintances
_ Like to go out with friends _
_ Like to visit friends _
_ People say I'm easy to get to know _
_ Want friends to visit me _
_ Don't mind being a loner _

200. HUMOR
SELF DESIRED MATCH
_ About situations that happen in life _
_ Cynical _
_ Laughs at someone else's expense _
_ Macabre _
_ Off-the-Wall _
_ Practical jokes _
_ Puns and word plays _
_ Sarcasm/Satire _
_ Slapstick _
_ Vulgar _
_ None of the above _

210. INTELLECTUAL DEMEANOR
SELF DESIRED MATCH
_ Uninterested in learning new things _
_ Interested in exploring things brought to my _
attention
_ Interested in hearing alternative viewpoints _
_ Love learning new things _
_ Often modifying own points of view _
_ Sometimes modifying own points of view _
_ Never modifying own points of view _
_ Extremely curious/investigative type _
_ Prefer society or other people to define the _
terms of debate
_ Like to question and study underlying _
premises

220. LIVING AREA - CLEANLINESS
SELF DESIRED MATCH
_ Museum clean (spotless/dustless) _
_ Spotless floors _
_ Clean floors but not necessarily spotless _
_ "Crunchy" floors (things go "crunch") _
_ Deer trails on the floor because of clutter _
_ Spotless kitchen _
_ Clean but not spotless kitchen _
_ Rinsed dishes in the sink _
_ Dirty dishes in the sink < 24 hours _
_ Dirty dishes in the sink < 48 hours _
_ Dirty dishes get done when I think of it _
_ Dirty dishes get done when I run out of _
dishes
_ Spotless bathrooms _
_ Clean but not necessarily spotless bathrooms _
_ Wet towels left on the floor _
_ Bathroom is a health hazard _
_ Newspapers neatly piled or in container _
_ Newspapers on specific table, not neat _
_ Newspapers strewn all over _
_ Large balls of dust _
_ Dust free environment _
_ Dust every now and again _
_ Public/shared rooms kept clean _
_ Clean when company comes over _

230. LIVING AREA - ORGANIZATION
SELF DESIRED MATCH
_ Everything always in its place _
_ Usually tidy _
_ Average organization _
_ Messy most of the time, but the urge to _
clean occasionally takes over
_ Know exactly which pile things are in _
_ Haven't seen the floor in years _

240. MANNERS
SELF DESIRED MATCH
_ Always socially correct _
_ Mostly socially correct _
_ Sometimes socially correct _
_ Average behavior _
_ Occasionally socially correct _
_ Never socially correct _
_ *I* decide what's correct _
_ Put down toilet lids _
_ Replace toilet paper _
_ Don't drink out of milk cartons _

250. MENTAL ENERGY PEAK
SELF DESIRED MATCH
_ Early morning person _
_ Daytime person _
_ Evening person _
_ Night thinker _
_ Varies depending on current lifestyle _

260. MENTAL/EMOTIONAL CHALLENGES
SELF DESIRED MATCH
_ Absent-minded _
_ Depressive _
_ Emotionally abusive _
_ Manic/depressive _
_ Narcissistic disorder _
_ Paranoid _
_ Phobic _
_ Survived abusive or traumatic childhood _
_ Raised in alcoholic family _
_ Raised in bigoted family _
_ Raised in dysfunctional family _
_ Raised in emotionally abusive family _
_ Raised in physically abusive family _
_ Raised in sexually abusive family _
_ Raised in spiritually abusive family _

270. MENTAL/EMOTIONAL COUNSELING
SELF DESIRED MATCH
_ Have never seen a counselor or therapist _
_ Wouldn't see a counselor, no matter what _
_ Would consider counseling if I felt there _
was something wrong with me
_ Would consider counseling if mate suggested _
it
_ Read or have read self-help books _
_ Saw a counselor during a crisis_
_ Worked with a counselor for long-term change _
_ See a counselor occasionally _
_ See a counselor regularly _

280. NATURE
SELF DESIRED MATCH
_ I prefer the concrete jungle _
_ Animals should be in zoos _
_ I like to watch nature on TV/movies _
_ I like to be away from the city at times, _
but my life is in the city
_ I like to take time out to watch everyday _
nature like ducks, flowers, and sunsets
_ I like to visit parks and gardens _
_ I feel the spirit of nature when I see an _
eagle flying
_ I need to be absorbed in nature at all times _

290. PATIENCE
SELF DESIRED MATCH
_ Can watch paint dry _
_ Can stand in long lines _
_ Have average amount of patience _
_ Can't take more than 3 consecutive repeats _
of a simple mistake
_ Supermarket lines are barely tolerable _
_ I can't stand one person ahead of me _

300. PERSONAL SPACE
SELF DESIRED MATCH
_ Clearly defined personal space _
_ Generally defined personal space _
_ No defined personal space _
_ Individual privacy is maintained even with _
close couples
_ Individual privacy is not maintained _

310. PHYSICAL ENERGY PEAK
SELF DESIRED MATCH
_ Early morning person _
_ Daytime person _
_ Evening person _
_ Night owl _
_ Varies depending on current lifestyle _

320. ORGANIZATION
SELF DESIRED MATCH
_ Must plan every minute of the day _
_ Usually plan an agenda for the day _
_ Usually plan an agenda for the week _
_ Have to do lists that seldom get done _
_ Plan for important events _
_ Long terms goals and "mental idea" of what _
needs to get done short-term
_ Make long term goals _
_ Remain flexible at all times _
_ I live day-to-day. Planning's for wimps. _

330. PUNCTUALITY
SELF DESIRED MATCH
_ Usually 30 minutes or more early _
_ Usually 15-30 minutes early _
_ Usually 5-15 minutes early _
_ Usually on time _
_ Usually 5-15 minutes late _
_ Usually 15-30 minutes late _
_ Usually 30 minutes or more late _
_ Occasionally miss an appointment or am very _
late
_ I've been known to get my days confused _
_ I've been known to totally forget _

340. ROMANCE - FREQUENCY
SELF DESIRED MATCH
_ Do something romantic every day _
_ Once or twice a week _
_ Every few weeks _
_ Do romantic things out of the blue _
(spontaneously)
_ On birthdays, anniversaries, etc. _
_ Never _

350. ROMANCE - METHODS
SELF DESIRED MATCH
_ Like to verbalize feelings _
_ Like to use looks and touch such as holding _
hands
_ Like to give gifts _
_ Like to arrange "special" times together _
_ Do at least one of the above but dislike _
gushy language, psychobabble, hearts &
flowers
_ None of the above _

360. TEMPER
SELF DESIRED MATCH
_ Am easily angered _
_ Average temperament _
_ I almost never lose my cool _
_ I never lose my cool _
_ I learn from past mistakes and failures _
_ I am tolerant of different beliefs _
_ Occasionally have nuclear outbursts _

370. TEMPERAMENT
SELF DESIRED MATCH
_ Very serious about most things _
_ Basically serious but have sense of humor _
_ Morose _
_ Often depressed _
_ Even-tempered _
_ Usually cheerful and up-tempo, but serious _
when necessary
_ Always chipper, hate serious types _

380. TYPES OF COMPATIBILITY
SELF DESIRED MATCH
_ To be happy, I must love my match _
_ Just liking my match is good enough _
_ Need both intellectual and emotional _
compatibility
_ Activity compatibility is enough _
_ Intellectual compatibility is enough _
_ Sexual compatibility is enough _

390. VICES
SELF DESIRED MATCH
_ Absent-minded _
_ Anorexia _
_ Ask friends for favors, but don't return the _
favors when they need help
_ Bulimia _
_ Don't keep promises _
_ Emotionally abusive _
_ Envious _
_ Flirt for favors _
_ Irresponsibility _
_ Jealous _
_ Lazy _
_ Nagging _
_ Nervous twitching _
_ Overeating _
_ Physically abusive _
_ Procrastination _
_ Revengeful _
_ Verbally abusive _

400. WHEN IT'S OK TO LIE
SELF DESIRED MATCH
_ Never _
_ To prevent serious harm _
_ To hold surprise birthday party (white lies) _
_ To save someone's feelings _
_ To save face _
_ Avoid inconvenience _
_ Any time you feel like it _

410. PERSONALITY TYPES
SELF DESIRED MATCH
_ Ability to show feelings _
_ Aggressive _
_ Antagonistic _
_ Caring _
_ Like to be center of attention _
_ Contrary _
_ Follower _
_ Humor _
_ Indoor person _
_ Like to observe others _
_ Nurturing _
_ Opinionated _
_ Optimistic _
_ Outdoor person _
_ Passive _
_ Pessimistic _
_ Positive outlook _
_ Engage in public displays of affection _
_ Quiet _
_ Shy _
_ Spontaneous _
_ Take control type _
_ Talkative _
_ Things have to go my way _
_ Uplift and encourage others _

-APPEARANCE QUESTIONS

420. AGE PREFERENCE

Note that your birth date will be asked at the end of the
questionnaire.

DESIRED MATCH
20+ years older _
15-19 years older _
10-14 years older _
7-9 years older _
5-6 years older _
3-4 years older _
2 years older _
1 year older _
Same age _
1 year younger _
2 years younger _
3-4 years younger _
5-6 years younger _
7-9 years younger _
10-14 years younger _
15-19 years younger _
20+ years younger _

430. BODY FITNESS
SELF DESIRED MATCH
_ No visible body fat _
_ Some visible body fat, but not much _
_ Visible body fat but not obviously obese _
_ Obviously obese _

440. BODY SIZE
SELF DESIRED MATCH
_ Very Thin _
_ Thin _
_ Below Average _
_ Average _
_ Above Average _
_ Heavy _
_ Very Heavy _

450. BONE STRUCTURE
SELF DESIRED MATCH
_ Twiggy _
_ Below average _
_ Average _
_ Above average _
_ Large frame _

460. CLOTHES
SELF DESIRED MATCH
_ Very fashion conscious _
_ Wear good clothes _
_ Middle of the road _
_ Dress for comfort _
_ Leather _
_ Wear jeans/T-shirt _
_ Punk _
_ Drag _
_ Salvation Army rejects _
_ Wear unusual clothes _
_ I wear black _

470. EYE COLOR

If you wear colored contacts select the color you are wearing
today.

SELF DESIRED MATCH
_ Blue _
_ Blue-grey (light blue) _
_ Dark brown _
_ Green _
_ Grey _
_ Light brown _
_ Pink _

480. FACIAL ACCOUTERMENT
SELF DESIRED MATCH
_ Glasses all the time _
_ Contact lenses all the time _
_ Glasses/contacts most of the time _
_ Glasses/contacts some of the time _
_ One earring _
_ Two earrings _
_ More than two earrings _
_ Dental braces _
_ Nose ring _
_ Pierced cheek _
_ Pierced lips _
_ None of the above _

490. FEELING ABOUT APPEARANCE
SELF DESIRED MATCH
_ Love the way I look _
_ Like the way I look _
_ Don't like the way I look _
_ Trying to change the way I look _

500. FREQUENCY OF SHOWERING/BATHING
SELF DESIRED MATCH
_ More than once a day _
_ Every morning _
_ Every evening _
_ After working out/doing something sweaty _
_ Every other day _
_ Once a week _
_ Mistrust soap and water _

510. HAIR COLOR
SELF DESIRED MATCH
_ Black _
_ Bleached _
_ Blond _
_ Brown _
_ Frosted _
_ Grey _
_ Greying _
_ Have a patch of white hair _
_ Red _
_ Salt & Pepper _
_ Technicolor punk _
_ White _
_ Only my hairdresser knows _

520. HAIR CONDITION
SELF DESIRED MATCH
_ Bald _
_ Balding _
_ Curly _
_ Straight _
_ Short - less than one inch long _
_ Short - above shoulder _
_ Shoulder length _
_ Long - below shoulder _
_ Very long - down to waist _
_ Tail (some strands longer than rest of hair) _
_ Well kept (combed twice a day) _
_ Kept (combed once a day) _
_ Sustaining (brush every other day) _
_ Natural (no combing; perhaps has dreadlocks) _

530. HEIGHT

If you are 5'11 1/2", round down to 5'11". If you are 5'11 5/8", round up to
6'.

SELF DESIRED MATCH
_ Less than 4'7" (Less than 139cm) _
_ 4'7" to 4'8" (139cm to 143cm) _
_ 4'9" to 4'10" (144cm to 149cm) _
_ 4'11" to 5' (150cm to 154cm) _
_ 5'1" to 5'2" (155cm to 159cm) _
_ 5'3" to 5'4" (160cm to 164cm) _
_ 5'5" (165cm to 166cm) _
_ 5'6" (167cm to 169cm) _
_ 5'7" (170cm to 171cm) _
_ 5'8" (172cm to 174cm) _
_ 5'9" (175cm to 177cm) _
_ 5'10" (178cm to 179cm) _
_ 5'11" (180cm to 182cm) _
_ 6' (183cm to 184cm) _
_ 6'1" to 6'2" (185cm to 189cm) _
_ 6'3" to 6'4" (190cm to 194cm) _
_ 6'5" to 6'6" (195cm to 199cm) _
_ 6'7" to 6'8" (200cm to 204cm) _
_ Over 6'8" (Over 204cm) _

540. IMPORTANT OF APPEARANCE
SELF DESIRED MATCH
_ Spend a lot of time and energy on looks _
_ Spend some time and energy on looks _
_ Don't spend time on appearance beyond basic _
hygiene

550. JEWELRY
SELF DESIRED MATCH
_ None _
_ Watch only _
_ Watch _
_ One ring _
_ Two rings _
_ Several rings _
_ Ring on every finger _
_ Bracelet _
_ Bracelets _
_ Necklace everyday _
_ Necklace sometimes _
_ Pin(s) _

560. HAIR
SELF DESIRED MATCH
_ Have beard _
_ Have mustache _
_ Shave armpits _
_ Shave face _
_ Shave head _
_ Shave legs _
_ Shave torso _
_ Tweeze eyebrows _
_ Not hairy body _
_ Average hair _
_ Hairy body _
_ Very hairy body _

570. MAKEUP PREFERENCE
SELF DESIRED MATCH
_ None _
_ Use a little, but only for special occasions _
_ Just a little _
_ Average _
_ Slightly artificial _
_ Punk/techno style _
_ Use a lot, but only for special occasions _
_ Like Tammy Faye Bakker _
_ Never use perfume/cologne _
_ Sometimes use perfume/cologne _
_ Always use perfume/cologne _

580. PHYSICAL ATTRACTIVENESS
SELF DESIRED MATCH
_ Attractive _
_ Better than average _
_ Average _
_ Less than average _
_ Break mirrors _

590. PHYSICAL CHALLENGES
SELF DESIRED MATCH
_ None _
_ Artificial or missing limbs _
_ Blind or almost Blind _
_ Legally Blind but can still read _
_ Braces/walker _
_ Deaf or nearly Deaf _
_ Hard of hearing _
_ Can't smell _
_ Mute/serious speech impediment _
_ Wheelchair user _
_ Other _

600. RACE
SELF DESIRED MATCH
_ Asian _
_ Black _
_ Multi-Racial _
_ White _
_ Prefer not to answer _

610. TATTOOS
SELF DESIRED MATCH
_ None _
_ One _
_ Two _
_ Three _
_ I'm a living artwork. _

-ISSUE/RELIGION QUESTIONS

620. ABORTION LAW
SELF DESIRED MATCH
_ Abortions should be totally unrestricted _
_ Abortions in first 3 months should be _
unrestricted
_ Parental consent laws are good _
_ Spouse consent laws are good _
_ Waiting period laws are good _
_ Abortions should only be legal for rape, _
incest, and when the mother's life is in
danger
_ Abortions should only be legal when the _
mother's life is in danger
_ Abortions should never be legal _

630. ABORTION SELF

If you are a man, fill it out as if the choice was entirely yours.

SELF DESIRED MATCH
_ I would never get an abortion _
_ I would get an abortion only if rape, incest _
or life was in danger
_ I would consider getting an abortion if _
pregnancy was unplanned, but prefer other _
options
_ I would consider getting an abortion if _
pregnancy was unplanned
_ I would definitely get an abortion if _
pregnancy was unplanned

640. ACTIVE IN THE FOLLOWING AREAS
SELF DESIRED MATCH
_ Animal rights _
_ Anti-establishment _
_ Anti-smoking _
_ Civil rights _
_ Community service _
_ Employment for the challenged _
_ Environmental _
_ Feminism _
_ Gay rights _
_ Housing/homelessness _
_ Politics _
_ Pro-choice (abortion legal) _
_ Pro-life (abortion illegal) _
_ Religion _
_ Unions _
_ None _

650. DEGREE OF ACTIVISM
SELF DESIRED MATCH
_ Civil disobedience _
_ Demonstrations/marches _
_ Letter writing _
_ Attendance at meetings _
_ Supporting organizations _
_ Consciousness raising among friends _
_ None _
_ Dislike people who are activists _

660. ENVIRONMENTALISM
SELF DESIRED MATCH
_ The world should be paved _
_ We shouldn't subsidize mass transit _
_ My car is essential to my lifestyle even if _
I had good mass transit
_ I would use chemicals on my lawn _
_ I don't drive when I don't have to _
_ I reuse my grocery bags _
_ I try to buy organically grown foods _
_ We should pass industry-friendly _
environmental laws
_ We should pass stringent environmental _
protection laws
_ Environmental laws should be replaced with _
property laws where you can sue someone for
polluting your property
_ We can have both jobs and a clean _
environment
_ We should ban the automobile

670. FEMINISM
SELF DESIRED MATCH
_ Men are superior _
_ Equal rights for women and men _
_ Equal respect for women and men _
_ Equal responsibilities for women and men _
_ It's OK for men to open doors for women _
_ It's OK for women to open doors for men _
_ It's OK for women to weight lift _
_ Women should be allowed in combat _
_ We need affirmative action for women _
_ Feminism is important to me _
_ I find it hard to trust men _
_ Women are superior _

680. HOMOSEXUALS
SELF DESIRED MATCH
_ Love them _
_ Like them _
_ Not bothered by them _
_ Tolerate them _
_ Don't like them _
_ Homophobic _

690. LIFE EXTENSION - WAYS TO EXTEND YOUR LIFE
SELF DESIRED MATCH
_ No way, 70 years is too much _
_ Cryonics _
_ Experimental drugs _
_ Healthy exercise _
_ Meditation _
_ Nutritious food _
_ Vitamins _
_ Yoga _

700. POLITICS - ECONOMIC ISSUES
SELF DESIRED MATCH
_ Farmers should farm without quotas or _
subsidies.
_ People are better off with free trade than _
tariffs.
_ Minimum wage laws eliminate jobs. Repeal _
them.
_ End taxes. Pay for services voluntarily. _
_ Europeans & Japanese should pay for their _
own defense.

710. POLITICS - PERSONAL ISSUES
SELF DESIRED MATCH
_ Military service should be voluntary. _
(No draft)
_ Government should not control radio, TV or _
the press.
_ Repeal regulations on sex by consenting _
adults.
_ Drugs laws do more harm than good. Repeal _
them.
_ Let people immigrate and emmigrate freely. _

720. RELIGION
SELF DESIRED MATCH
_ Agnostic _
_ Atheist _
_ Baha'i _
_ Buddhist - Tibetan _
_ Buddhist - Zen _
_ Confucianism _
_ Coptic _
_ Ethiopian Orthodox Christianity _
_ Gnostic Christianity _
_ Goddess worship _
_ Hindu _
_ Jainism _
_ Jewish - Conservative _
_ Jewish - Orthodox _
_ Jewish - Reform _
_ Moslem - Shia _
_ Moslem - Sunni _
_ New Age _
_ Non religious (not agnostic or atheist) _
_ Orthodox (Christian) _
_ Pagan _
_ Pantheism _
_ Protestant - Charismatic _
_ Protestant - Conservative _
_ Protestant - Liberal _
_ Protestant - Mainline _
_ Protestant - Non-denominational _
_ Protestant - Other _
_ Rastafari _
_ Roman Catholic - Conservative _
_ Roman Catholic - Liberal _
_ Self-Defined _
_ Shinto _
_ Sikh _
_ Spiritual _
_ Taoist _
_ Unitarian _
_ Voodoo _
_ Wiccan _

730. RELIGIOUS IDENTITY
SELF DESIRED MATCH
_ Religion is not important _
_ Belief is important _
_ Spiritual elements of religion are important _
_ The values and way of life my religion _
teaches are important
_ Having friends who have the same religion is _
important
_ I feel connected to others of my religion _
despite being non-religious

740. RELIGIOUS OBSERVANCE
SELF DESIRED MATCH
_ Nonobservant _
_ Attend services at least weekly _
_ Attend services at least monthly _
_ Attend services for major holidays _
_ Spiritual, not associated with church _
attendance
_ Attend cultural events pertaining to _
religion
_ Attend social events sponsored by my _
religion
_ Observe religious practices in my home _
regularly
_ Observe religious practices in my home on _
major holidays
_ I look to my religion for guidance in my life_
but make up my own mind
_ I follow religious doctrine in making _
decisions about my life

750. TOPICS YOU LIKE TO DISCUSS
SELF DESIRED MATCH
_ Academics _
_ Art _
_ Bicycling _
_ Books _
_ Computers _
_ Cultures _
_ Current events _
_ Current trends _
_ Environmental issues _
_ Finance _
_ Food and dining _
_ Games _
_ Gardening _
_ History _
_ Intellectual matters _
_ Lifetime experiences _
_ Literature _
_ Love and intimacy _
_ Movies _
_ Music _
_ Myself _
_ Nature _
_ News _
_ People _
_ Philosophy _
_ Psychology/self development _
_ Politics _
_ Religion _
_ Sex _
_ Science _
_ Sports _
_ Travel _
_ The weather _

760. VOLUNTEERING (WORKING IN A CHARITABLE ORGANIZATION ETC. FOR FREE)
SELF DESIRED MATCH
_ Volunteer at least once a year _
_ Volunteer at least once a month _
_ Volunteer at least once a week _
_ Rarely volunteer _
_ Don't volunteer _

770. WHO PAYS
SELF DESIRED MATCH
_ Men should pay _
_ Split costs 50-50 _
_ Take turns _
_ Women should pay _
_ Richest should pay _
_ Who ever asked for the date _
_ No set rule for who should pay. Depends on _
circumstances of date.
_ Doesn't matter to me who pays _

-MONEY QUESTIONS

780. CHARITABLE CONTRIBUTIONS
SELF DESIRED MATCH
_ Contribute 9+ % of net income _
_ Contribute 4-9% of net income _
_ Contribute 1-3% of net income _
_ Contribute less than 1% of net income _
_ Varies _
_ None _
_ Student, no money _
_ Unemployed _

790. CURRENT JOB OR LAST JOB IF UNEMPLOYED

If you hold more than one job, describe the one that you work the most
hours per week.

SELF DESIRED MATCH
_ Love my work _
_ Like my work _
_ A job is a job _
_ Not happy with job _
_ This is the job that ate my brain! _
_ Retired _
_ Student _

800. FINANCIALLY RISKY ACTIVITIES
SELF DESIRED MATCH
_ Almost all money in bank _
_ Some blue chip stocks and bonds _
_ Stocks and bonds _
_ Stocks, bonds, and commodities _
_ Sports books, commodities, poker _
_ Do a lot of gambling _
_ Student, no money _

810. INCOME OVER LAST TWELVE MONTHS IN US DOLLARS PER YEAR BEFORE TAXES
SELF DESIRED MATCH
_ Student _
_ Drafted into military service _
_ Under $10,000 _
_ $10,000 - $15,000 _
_ $15,000 - $25,000 _
_ $25,000 - $40,000 _
_ $40,000 - $70,000 _
_ $70,000 - $120,000 _
_ $120,000 - $250,000 _
_ $250,000+ _
_ Varies _

820. JOB

For this question describe all jobs that you hold. If your job fits
multiple choices, select all that apply.

SELF DESIRED MATCH
_ Academic _
_ Advertising _
_ Aerospace industry _
_ Airline industry _
_ Automotive industry _
_ Blue collar _
_ Child care _
_ Computer hardware company _
_ Computer software company _
_ Construction industry _
_ Defense _
_ Education field _
_ Entertainment industry _
_ Farming _
_ Fashion industry _
_ Food services _
_ Financial/Business/Accounting/Banking _
_ Gambling industry _
_ Government _
_ House husband/wife _
_ Import/export _
_ Insurance _
_ Laborer _
_ Law enforcement _
_ Legal profession _
_ Manual Labor _
_ Manufacturing _
_ Marine industry _
_ Medical/Dental/Vet/Health care _
_ Movie industry _
_ Political _
_ Publishing industry _
_ Radio _
_ Real estate _
_ Restaurant industry _
_ Retail _
_ Sales _
_ Science/Engineering _
_ Service industry _
_ Security _
_ Social services _
_ Technical _
_ Television _
_ Transportation industry _
_ White collar _
_ Wholesale _
_ Own a business _
_ Retired _

830. JOB LEVEL/FUNCTION WITHIN COMPANY

For this question describe all jobs that you hold.

SELF DESIRED MATCH
_ Academic Researcher _
_ Actor _
_ Administrative _
_ Analyst _
_ Artist _
_ Athlete _
_ Auditor _
_ Bartender _
_ Carpenter _
_ Cashier _
_ Celebrity/Personality _
_ Choreographer _
_ Clerical/Secretarial/Receptionist _
_ Consultant _
_ Cook _
_ Dancer _
_ Direct sales _
_ Doctor _
_ Driver _
_ Electrician _
_ Engineer _
_ Hair stylist _
_ Interior decorator _
_ Janitor _
_ Jeweler _
_ Librarian _
_ Low paying summer break job _
_ Managerial _
_ Mason _
_ Messenger _
_ Manicurist _
_ Masseuse/masseur _
_ Mechanic _
_ Middle management _
_ Model _
_ Musician _
_ Nurse _
_ Owner _
_ Painter _
_ Performer _
_ Pilot _
_ Plumber _
_ Professional athlete _
_ Professor/Lecturer _
_ Programmer _
_ Psychic/Astrologer _
_ Public relations _
_ Research and development _
_ Stripper _
_ Student _
_ Teacher/Trainer _
_ Technical writer _
_ Telemarketer _
_ Top management _
_ Waiter/waitress/steward/stewardess _
_ Welder _
_ Writer _
_ Not in a company _
_ Self employed _

840. MATERIAL NEEDS
SELF DESIRED MATCH
_ I want a rolls and a twenty room mansion _
_ I want a luxury car, a boat, and nice house _
_ Average needs _
_ If I don't really need it, I don't buy it _
_ Very modest needs, I live like a college _
student
_ Even a monk has more than I do _

850. MONEY CONTROL
SELF DESIRED MATCH
_ Budget every cent _
_ Budget most purchases _
_ Budget large purchases _
_ Keep mental track of spending _
_ Never knows how much money one has _

860. SAVINGS
SELF DESIRED MATCH
_ Save 30+ % of net income _
_ Save 20-30% of net income _
_ Save 10-20% of net income _
_ Save 0-10% of net income _
_ Spend it before I get it _
_ Varies _
_ Student, no money _
_ Unemployed _

870. SOCIAL CLASS/FINANCIAL CLASS
SELF DESIRED MATCH
_ Upper class _
_ Upper middle class _
_ Middle middle class _
_ Lower middle class _
_ Working class _

880. WORK SCHEDULE
SELF DESIRED MATCH
_ 70+ Hours/Week _
_ 60-70 Hours/Week _
_ 50-60 Hours/Week _
_ 40-50 Hours/Week _
_ 30-40 Hours/Week _
_ 20-30 Hours/Week _
_ 0-20 or Retired _
_ Varied/Seasonal _
_ Day shift _
_ Night shift _

-FAMILY/FRIEND/RELATIONSHIP QUESTIONS

890. CHILDCARE SHOULD BE DONE BY
SELF DESIRED MATCH
_ Mother _
_ Mostly mother _
_ Both parents equally _
_ Mostly father _
_ Father _
_ Grandparent(s) _
_ Someone who speaks native language _

900. CHILD REARING - DISCIPLINE
SELF DESIRED MATCH
_ Children sometimes have to be spanked _
_ Children should be given strict rules _
_ Children should be given guidelines to _
follow
_ Children should get and do whatever they _
want

910. FEELINGS ABOUT YOUNG CHILDREN/GRANDCHILDREN/ADULT CHILDREN
SELF DESIRED MATCH
_ Want children in life a lot _
_ Want children in life occasionally _
_ Want children in life rarely _
_ Want children in life never _
_ Only want children in life if match does _
nearly all of the caretaking of them
_ Hate children _
_ Want grandchildren in life a lot _
_ Want grandchildren in life occasionally _
_ Want grandchildren in life rarely _
_ Want grandchildren in life never _
_ Want adult children in life a lot _
_ Want adult children in life occasionally _
_ Want adult children in life rarely _
_ Want adult children in life never _
_ Don't want ANY children in life _

920. FERTILITY
SELF DESIRED MATCH
_ Don't know if fertile _
_ I am infertile but want to adopt children _
_ I am infertile but willing to reverse it _
_ I am able and want to conceive children _
_ I am able but don't plan to conceive _

930. FORMER RELATIONSHIPS
SELF DESIRED MATCH
_ Remain Friends _
_ Basically ignore them _
_ Basically hate them _
_ Remember them fondly _
_ No clear pattern _
_ Insufficient experience _

940. FREQUENCY OF VISITING/WRITING/PHONING MEMBERS OF ORIGINAL FAMILY
SELF DESIRED MATCH
_ Every day _
_ Once a week _
_ Once a month _
_ Once a year _
_ Every few years _
_ Only for major events such as weddings _
_ Never _

950. INLAWS
SELF DESIRED MATCH
_ Should be rarely seen _
_ Should be invited to visit daily _
_ Should be invited to visit weekly _
_ Should be invited to visit monthly _
_ Should be invited to visit for holidays _
_ Should be invited to visit yearly _
_ Should be invited to visit and stay _
overnight at a nearby hotel
_ Should be invited to stay overnight, 1 night _
_ Should be invited to stay overnight, 1 week _
_ Should be invited to stay overnight, 1 month _
_ Should be invited to live with us _

960. IN MY LONGEST-LASTING RELATIONSHIP

Cohabit includes marriage.

SELF DESIRED MATCH
_ I cohabited for more than 15 years _
_ I cohabited for 10-15 years _
_ I cohabited for 6-9 years _
_ I cohabited for 3-5 years _
_ I cohabited for 2 years or less _
_ I did not cohabit but maintained a commited _
relationship for more than 10 years
_ I did not cohabit but maintained a commited _
relationship for 6-9 years
_ I did not cohabit but maintained a commited _
relationship for 3-5 years or more
_ I did not cohabit but maintained a commited _
relationship for 2 years or less
_ I had a serious but not committed _
relationship for more than 10 years
_ I had a serious but not committed _
relationship for 6-9 years
_ I had a serious but not committed _
relationship for 3-5 years
_ I had a serious but not committed _
relationship for 2 years or less
_ I had a casual relationship for 1-2 years _
_ I had a casual relationship for less than 1 _
year

970. LEGAL MARITAL STATUS

If you are in a domestic partnership, choose the married option.

SELF DESIRED MATCH
_ Single, never married _
_ Legally separated _
_ Married _
_ Married, but legally seperated _
_ Married, but living apart, not legally _
seperated
_ Recently divorced _
_ Divorced _
_ Recently widowed _
_ Widowed _

980. NON SEXUAL TOUCHING OF ACQUAINTANCES
SELF DESIRED MATCH
_ I initiate mouth kisses _
_ I accept mouth kisses _
_ I initiate cheek kisses _
_ I accept cheek kisses _
_ I initiate hugs _
_ I would initiate hugs if I wasn't so shy _
_ I accept hugs _
_ I initiate handshakes _
_ I accept handshakes _
_ Never touch/hug in non-sexual context _

990. NON SEXUAL TOUCHING OF MATCH
SELF DESIRED MATCH
_ Like back rubs _
_ Like back scratched _
_ Like cuddling _
_ Like to hold hands _
_ Like hugs _
_ Like massages _
_ Like washing hair _
_ None of the above _

1000. NUMBER AND AGES OF CHILDREN IN YOUR HOME
SELF DESIRED MATCH
_ Am pregnant _
_ Under 2 years old _
_ 2-6 _
_ 7-15 _
_ 16-21 _
_ 21+ _
_ Total of more than three children _
_ Total of three children _
_ Total of two children _
_ Total of one child _
_ No children at home _
_ No children _
_ Have overnight visitation _
_ Have joint custody of all children _
_ Am the custodial parent of children _
_ Adult children are out of the home _

1010. NUMBER OF CHILDREN YOU WANT TO RAISE

This includes the ones you or mate already have.

SELF DESIRED MATCH
_ None _
_ One _
_ Two _
_ Three _
_ More than three _
_ Don't know _

1020. RELATIONSHIP FIDELITY
SELF DESIRED MATCH
_ Mate shouldn't even look at other people _
_ Monogamous relationship is essential _
_ One or two affairs during the relationship _
is forgivable
_ An occasional affair is O.K. _
_ Will have affairs and lie about them _
_ Will occasionally swap partners _
_ Non-exclusive _
_ Relationships should be open and free _

1030. RELATIONSHIP WITH EX-SPOUSE
SELF DESIRED MATCH
_ I'm not divorced! _
_ Friendly terms - still living together _
_ Friendly terms - living in close proximity _
_ Friendly terms - living in the same state _
_ Friendly terms - living in same country _
_ Hate spouse/love children _
_ Hate spouse/pay child support anyway _
_ Hate spouse/don't even know if kids are _
alive
_ Spouse has a court order to keep you away _

1040. RELATIONSHIP WITH ORIGINAL FAMILY
SELF DESIRED MATCH
_ They're my best friends _
_ On good terms and friendly _
_ On good terms and friendly with most of them _
_ Good family relationships and ties _
_ Average family relationships and ties _
_ We've grown apart but I enjoy visiting them _
_ I like some of them and dislike others _
_ We're very different but I still like them _
_ Dislike any interaction _

1050. STATUS OF PRESENT RELATIONSHIP
SELF DESIRED MATCH
_ Unattached _
_ Casual relationships only _
_ Have serious but not committed relationship _
_ Have committed relationship but do not _
cohabit
_ Cohabit in committed relationship; both want _
to meet match
_ Cohabit in committed relationship; only I _
want to meet match
_ Cohabit in open relationship _
_ Cohabit in polygamous relationship _
_ Cohabit in troubled relationship _
_ Cohabit in shaky relationship _
_ Cohabit in dead relationship _

1060. STRENGTH OF ATTACHMENT DURING RELATIONSHIPS
SELF DESIRED MATCH
_ Clinging for dear life _
_ Very strong attachment; loyal, devoted; not _
clinging
_ Strong attachment _
_ Medium attachment _
_ Prefer some distance _
_ Detached, just want company _

1070. TIME TOGETHER - WHEN COHABITING
SELF DESIRED MATCH
_ Like to be with match as much as possible _
_ Like to have some "alone time" every day _
_ Like to have some "alone time" once or twice _
a week
_ Need "alone time" only now and then _
_ Don't mind brief separations for business _
trips, etc.
_ Don't mind month-long separations for study, _
etc.
_ Don't mind if mate takes some vacations _
alone
_ Don't mind year-long separation for study, _
etc.

1080. TIME TOGETHER - WHEN NOT COHABITING
SELF DESIRED MATCH
_ Like to see match every day _
_ Like to see match several times a week _
_ Like to see match on weekends _
_ Like to see match once or twice a month _
_ Like to see match 1-4 times a year _

1090. WHEN YOU WANT TO CONCEIVE/ADOPT ANOTHER CHILD
SELF DESIRED MATCH
_ Now _
_ Within a year _
_ Within 1-5 years _
_ Within 6-10 years _
_ After 10 years _
_ Never _
_ Don't know _

-MISC QUESTIONS ABOUT SELF

1100. ALCOHOL USE

Drink = 1 can of beer, 1 glass of wine, or 1 shot of whiskey.

SELF DESIRED MATCH
_ Never drink _
_ Don't like the taste _
_ Recovering alcoholic _
_ Less than once/month _
_ Less than once/week _
_ 1-2 drinks/week _
_ 3-5 drinks/week _
_ 6-12 drinks/week _
_ 2-4 drinks/day _
_ I drink like a fish _

1110. ARCHITECTURAL TYPE YOU PREFER TO LIVE IN
SELF DESIRED MATCH
_ Apartment _
_ Beach house _
_ Condo _
_ Dormitory _
_ Highrise _
_ Hotels/motels _
_ Houseboat _
_ Mansion _
_ Mobile home _
_ Regular house _
_ RV/trailer _
_ Town house _

1120. CURRENT LIVING SITUATION
SELF DESIRED MATCH
_ Living alone _
_ Living in dorm _
_ Living with roommate/housemate _
_ Living with significant other _
_ Living with more than one roommate/housemate _
_ Living with parents _
_ Living with children _
_ Living with other relatives _

1130. EDUCATION

Checking "Completed High School" means that is as far as you
have advanced in your education.

SELF DESIRED MATCH
_ Less than High School (less than 12 years) _
_ Completed High School (12 years) _
_ 13 years _
_ 14 years _
_ 15 years _
_ B.S./B.A. (16 years) _
_ 17 years _
_ 18 years _
_ 19 years _
_ 20+ years _

1140. GENDER AND ORIENTATION
SELF DESIRED MATCH
_ Male - straight _
_ Female - straight _
_ Male - bisexual _
_ Female - bisexual _
_ Gay male _
_ Hermaphrodite (gender ambiguous) _
_ Lesbian _
_ Transvestite (man who wears women's clothes) _
_ Male - but born female _
_ Male - but born hermaphrodite _
_ Woman - but born male _
_ Woman - but born hermaphrodite _
_ Questioning my orientation _

1150. GENDER ID
SELF DESIRED MATCH
_ Very masculine _
_ Masculine _
_ Somewhat masculine _
_ Balance of traits _
_ Somewhat feminine _
_ Feminine _
_ Very feminine _

1160. HOROSCOPE
SELF DESIRED MATCH
_ Libra _
_ Scorpio _
_ Sagittarius _
_ Capricorn _
_ Aquarius _
_ Pisces _
_ Aries _
_ Taurus _
_ Gemini _
_ Cancer _
_ Leo _
_ Virgo _

1170. ILLEGAL DRUG USE

There is no SELF column here thanks to the War on Drugs.

DESIRED MATCH
Drug Free _
Amphetamines (speed) _
Cocaine (smoke) _
Cocaine (snort) _
Downers _
Ecstasy _
Heroin, Opiates _
LSD, Hallucinogens _
Marijuana _
Uppers _
Other drugs _

1180. INTELLIGENCE RATING
SELF DESIRED MATCH
_ Way above average _
_ Above average _
_ Average _
_ Below average _

1190. LOCAL ENVIRONMENT WHERE YOU PREFER TO LIVE
SELF DESIRED MATCH
_ Large city _
_ Small city _
_ Suburbs _
_ Small town _
_ In the country _
_ Arctic _
_ On the coast _
_ Desert _
_ Forest _
_ Island _
_ Lake front property _
_ Mountains _
_ Ocean front property _
_ Plains _
_ Subarctic _
_ Subtropical _
_ Tropics _

1200. METHOD OF PERSONAL TRANSPORTATION
SELF DESIRED MATCH
_ Bicycling _
_ Moped _
_ Motorcycle _
_ Multi-passenger vehicle (car, truck, etc.) _
_ Public transportation _
_ Walking _

1210. MUSIC TASTE
SELF DESIRED MATCH
_ Alternative scene _
_ Avant-garde _
_ Bach _
_ Blues _
_ Broadway show tunes _
_ Cajun (Zydeco) _
_ Choral music _
_ Christian/Gospel _
_ Christian Heavy Metal _
_ Classical - Baroque and Mozart; chamber _
music
_ Classical - Romantic (19th century); _
orchestral
_ Classical - Vocal (opera, oratorios, lieder) _
_ Classical - 20th century/modern _
_ Country and Western _
_ Crossover (country to rock) _
_ I'm a Dead Head _
_ Disco _
_ Easy Listening _
_ Electronic/Synthetic _
_ Ethnic _
_ Filk _
_ Folk Music _
_ Fusion _
_ Hard Rock _
_ Heavy Metal/Acid Rock _
_ Industrial _
_ Jazz _
_ New Age _
_ Oldies _
_ Pop/Top 40 _
_ Progressive/Alternative _
_ Punk _
_ Rap _
_ Reggae _
_ Rhythm & Blues _
_ Rock & Roll _
_ Show tunes/soundtracks _
_ Soul _
_ Techno _
_ Wagner _
_ Women's music _

1220. PETS
SELF DESIRED MATCH
_ Birds _
_ Cats _
_ Dogs _
_ Ferrets _
_ Fish _
_ Frogs _
_ Horses _
_ Monkeys _
_ Potbellied pigs _
_ Reptiles/Amphibians/Lizards _
_ Rodents _
_ Snakes _
_ Tarantulas _
_ Turtles _
_ Don't like animals _
_ Allergic to animals with feathers _
_ Allergic to animals with fur _
_ Like animals, but have none currently _

1230. SLEEP HABITS
SELF DESIRED MATCH
_ Light sleeper _
_ Average sleeper _
_ Deep sleeper _
_ Bed hog _
_ Blanket Hog _
_ Snorer _
_ Sleep less than 5 hrs/day _
_ Sleep 5 hrs/day - 7 hrs/day _
_ Sleep 7 hrs/day - 9 hrs/day _
_ Sleep 9 hrs/day - 11 hrs/day _
_ Sleep more than 11 hrs/day _

1240. TEMPERATURE
SELF DESIRED MATCH
_ Like home to be above 80 degrees (26C) _
_ Like home to be 75-80 degrees (24C-26C) _
_ Like home to be 70-75 degrees (21C-24C) _
_ Like home to be 65-70 degrees (18C-21C) _
_ Like home to be 60-65 degrees (16C-18C) _
_ Like home to be below 60 degrees (16C) _
_ Will adjust to conserve energy _

1250. TOBACCO USE
SELF DESIRED MATCH
_ Won't allow people to smoke in home _
_ Non-smoker _
_ Pipe smoker only _
_ Cigar smoker _
_ Chew Tobacco _
_ Snuff _
_ Trying to quit _
_ Social smoker less than 1/2 pack/month _
_ Less than 1/2 pack/day _
_ 1/2 to 1 1/2 packs/day _
_ More than 1 1/2 packs/day _

1260. WHAT YOU EAT
SELF DESIRED MATCH
_ Balanced meals from all food groups _
_ Health conscious (low fat, etc.) _
_ Average food _
_ University food _
_ Junk food _
_ Vegetarian for health reasons _
_ Vegetarian for ethical/religious reasons _
_ Strict vegetarian _
_ Lacto-vegetarian (consume dairy products) _
_ Ovo-lacto-vegetarian (consume eggs & dairy) _
_ Vegetarian - almost _

1270. WHAT YOU LIKE TO EAT
SELF DESIRED MATCH
_ Armenian _
_ Barbecue _
_ Carribean _
_ Cajun _
_ Central American _
_ Chinese (American style) _
_ Chinese (Real chinese style) _
_ Chocolate _
_ East Indian (from the country India) _
_ Ethiopian _
_ Eurasian _
_ Fast food _
_ Fattening food _
_ Freezer-to-microwave food _
_ French _
_ German _
_ Greek _
_ Health food _
_ Indian (from the country India) _
_ Indonesian _
_ Italian _
_ Japanese _
_ Korean _
_ Kosher _
_ Mexican _
_ Middle Eastern _
_ Moroccan _
_ Pizza _
_ Portuguese _
_ Salad bar _
_ Salty food _
_ Seafood _
_ South American _
_ Steaks _
_ Sushi _
_ Sweet food _
_ Thai _
_ Vegetarian _
_ Vietnamese _
_ West Indian (from the country India) _
_ Very hot food _
_ Hot food _
_ Medium spicyness _
_ Low spicyness _
_ Bland _

-ACTIVITY/HOBBY QUESTIONS

1280. COMPUTER ACTIVITIES YOU ENJOY
SELF DESIRED MATCH
_ None _
_ Action games _
_ Adventure games _
_ Composing music _
_ Computer communications/BBSing _
_ Cracking programs _
_ Drawing/painting _
_ MUD (multi-user text adventures) _
_ Programming _
_ Simulation games (sports, cards, etc.) _
_ Solving mathematics problems _
_ Viewing/studying output of complicated models_
_ Word processing _

1290. COOKING
SELF DESIRED MATCH
_ Cooks Escargot A la Bourguignon (chef de la _
cuisine)
_ Cooks Filet mignon (gourmet cook) _
_ Cooks Lasagne (cook) _
_ Cooks hamburgers (short order) _
_ Cook vegetarian _
_ Do not like cooking _
_ Prefer to eat out _
_ Like to cook 7+ times/week _
_ Like to cook 3-6 times/week _
_ Like to cook 1-2 times/week _
_ Do not cook _
_ Can not cook _

1300. COOKING DUTIES
SELF DESIRED MATCH
_ Men should cook _
_ Split cooking 50-50 _
_ Take turns _
_ Women should cook _
_ Best cook should cook _
_ Person with most free time _
_ Person who likes to cook more _
_ Both do cooking _
_ Could cook or not, as long as there's a fair _
distribution of work
_ Cook should clean dishes _
_ Non cook should clean dishes _
_ Both do cleaning _

1310. DANCING
SELF DESIRED MATCH
_ Love to dance _
_ Like to dance _
_ Occasionally dance _
_ I don't enjoy dancing _
_ Insufficient experience _
_ Too nervous/never tried/can't do it _
_ Shy but like to dance when nobody's watching _

1320. DANCING TYPE
SELF DESIRED MATCH
_ African _
_ Ballet _
_ Ballroom _
_ Contra _
_ Country _
_ Disco _
_ English country _
_ Flamenco _
_ Folk _
_ Freeform _
_ Garland _
_ Generic club _
_ Hip-hop _
_ Israeli _
_ Jazz _
_ Modern _
_ Morris _
_ Regency _
_ Renaissance/medieval _
_ Scottish country _
_ Scottish highland _
_ Slam/mosh _
_ Square _
_ Victorian _
_ Waltz _
_ Western _
_ Don't know any, just improvise _
_ Don't dance _

1330. ENGAGE IN GROUP SPORTS
SELF DESIRED MATCH
_ American football _
_ Baseball _
_ Basketball _
_ Cricket _
_ Field hockey _
_ Hockey _
_ Polo _
_ Rugby _
_ Soccer/Non U.S. Football _
_ Softball _
_ Tennis doubles _
_ Track relays _
_ Volleyball _
_ Water polo _

1340. ENGAGE IN PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES
SELF DESIRED MATCH
_ Aerobics _
_ Archery _
_ Arm wrestling _
_ Auto racing _
_ Backpacking _
_ Badminton _
_ Bicycling _
_ Bocce _
_ Body building _
_ Body-contact sports _
_ Bowling _
_ Boxing _
_ Bull fighting _
_ Canoe/kayak _
_ Caving _
_ Climbing _
_ Dance _
_ Darts _
_ Diving _
_ Fencing _
_ Fishing _
_ Fox hunting _
_ Gardening _
_ General fitness activities _
_ Golf _
_ Gymnastics _
_ Hang gliding _
_ Hiking _
_ Horseback riding _
_ Horseshoes _
_ Hunting _
_ Ice skating _
_ Jogging _
_ Judo _
_ Karate _
_ Martial arts _
_ Motorsports _
_ Mountain climbing _
_ Paintball _
_ Paragliding _
_ Parasailing _
_ Racket sports _
_ Rock climbing _
_ Roller blading _
_ Roller skating _
_ Rowing _
_ Running _
_ Sailing/boating _
_ Scuba diving _
_ Shooting _
_ Skateboarding _
_ Skydiving _
_ Snow sports _
_ Surfing _
_ Swimming _
_ Table tennis _
_ Tai-chi _
_ Tennis _
_ Track & field _
_ Ultimate frisbee _
_ Walking _
_ Water sports _
_ Weight lifting _
_ White water rafting _
_ Windsurfing _
_ Wrestling _
_ Yachting _

1350. EXERCISE
SELF DESIRED MATCH
_ Rarely _
_ Once a month _
_ Once a week _
_ Several times a week _
_ Daily _
_ Varied/seasonal _

1360. FICTION BOOKS
SELF DESIRED MATCH
_ Adventure _
_ Children's _
_ Cyberpunk _
_ Fantasy _
_ Harlequin _
_ Historical fiction _
_ Horror _
_ Humor _
_ Literary works _
_ Mystery _
_ Philosophical fiction _
_ Poetry _
_ Romance _
_ Science fiction _
_ Spy Thrillers _
_ Western _
_ Women authors _
_ Don't read fiction _
_ Don't read books _

1370. FUN BUT PHYSICALLY RISKY ACTIVITIES
SELF DESIRED MATCH
_ Do them more than once a month _
_ Do them monthly _
_ Do them yearly _
_ If coaxed will do them _
_ Do nothing more dangerous than driving _

1380. HOBBIES
SELF DESIRED MATCH
_ Acting _
_ Aircraft _
_ Amateur radio/television _
_ Antiques _
_ Astronomy _
_ Audio/video _
_ Automobiles _
_ Backgammon _
_ Barbecuing _
_ Bird watching _
_ Board games _
_ Bridge _
_ Camping _
_ Card games _
_ Checkers _
_ Chess _
_ Coin collecting _
_ Collecting other than stamps/coins _
_ Comic collecting _
_ Computer communications/BBSing _
_ Computers _
_ Computer simulation games _
_ Cooking _
_ Crafts _
_ Crocheting _
_ Crosswords _
_ Embroidery _
_ Gardening/Plant growing _
_ Geology _
_ Go _
_ Growth classes _
_ Ham radio _
_ Handloading _
_ Japanese animation _
_ Juggling _
_ Kite flying _
_ Knitting _
_ Magic _
_ Meditation _
_ Metalworking _
_ Model building _
_ Model railroads _
_ Motorcycles _
_ Musical performance _
_ Needlework _
_ Origami _
_ Painting _
_ Philosophy _
_ Photography _
_ Pinball _
_ Poker _
_ Pottery _
_ Pyrotechnics _
_ Puzzles _
_ Radio controlled models _
_ Reading _
_ Role playing games _
_ Rollercoasters _
_ Sailing _
_ Scuba diving _
_ Sculpture _
_ Sewing _
_ Singing _
_ Stamp collecting _
_ Star Trek _
_ Tan maintenance _
_ Theater (backstage work) _
_ Travel/sightseeing _
_ Video games _
_ War games _
_ Weaving _
_ Wine tasting _
_ Woodworking _
_ Yoga _

1390. HOUSEWORK
SELF DESIRED MATCH
_ An outside party should do housework _
_ Assigned area of responsibility _
_ Alternate weeks _
_ No set division of housework _
_ Can change lightbulbs _
_ Make mechanical repairs _
_ Sew _

1400. INSTRUMENTS
SELF DESIRED MATCH
_ Acoustic guitar _
_ Brass _
_ Electric guitar _
_ Ethnic _
_ Harmonica _
_ Keyboard _
_ Percussion _
_ Strings _
_ Voice (singing) _
_ Woodwinds _
_ Don't play any instruments _

1410. INTELLECTUAL STIMULATION

This question is for reading books, watching educational channels, doing
puzzles, reading educational material, reading Science News, playing in
role playing games, etc.

SELF DESIRED MATCH
_ 20+ hours/week _
_ 15-20 hours _
_ 10-15 hours _
_ 5-10 hours _
_ Less than 5 hours _
_ None _

1420. MOVIES

B-movies are low budget movies.

SELF DESIRED MATCH
_ Action _
_ Adventure _
_ Animation _
_ Art films _
_ Bad B-movies _
_ Classic/oldies _
_ Comedy _
_ Cult _
_ Documentary _
_ Drama _
_ Experimental _
_ Fantasy _
_ Foreign films/Non English _
_ Graphic Violence _
_ Horror _
_ Mystery _
_ Musical _
_ Music videos _
_ Violence _
_ Nudity _
_ Performing arts _
_ Romance _
_ Science Fiction _
_ Sexual Situations _
_ Tear jerkers _
_ War _
_ Western _
_ X-rated (pornographic) _
_ Don't like movies _

1430. MOVIES WATCHED IN THEATRE
SELF DESIRED MATCH
_ Never _
_ Once a year _
_ 2-5 times/year _
_ Once a month _
_ Once a week _
_ 2-3 times/week _
_ Once a day _

1440. NONFICTION BOOKS, JOURNALS, AND MAGAZINES
SELF DESIRED MATCH
_ Academic _
_ Art _
_ Automotive _
_ Belles-lettres _
_ Biography _
_ Business/economics _
_ Cooking _
_ Diet _
_ Engineering _
_ Essays _
_ Feminism _
_ History _
_ Horticulture/gardening _
_ How-to _
_ Medical _
_ Nature/environmental _
_ New age _
_ Philosophy _
_ Police Procedurals _
_ Politics _
_ Professional _
_ Science _
_ Self-help/psychology _
_ Sociology _
_ Theology/religion _
_ Travelogues _
_ Don't read nonfiction _
_ Don't read books _

1450. PLAYING SPORTS (TOTAL OF ALL TYPES; NOT INCLUDING EXERCISE)
SELF DESIRED MATCH
_ Never _
_ Once a year _
_ Once a month _
_ Once a week _
_ Several times a week _
_ Daily _
_ Varied/seasonal _

1460. READING NEWSPAPERS OR MAGAZINES
SELF DESIRED MATCH
_ Never _
_ Once a month _
_ Once a week _
_ Several times a week _
_ Daily _
_ Daily more than one paper/magazine _
_ Listen to national public radio instead/also _

1470. SOCIAL ACTIVITIES
SELF DESIRED MATCH
_ Amusement parks _
_ Bar hopping/clubbing _
_ Boy Scouts/Girl Scouts _
_ Clubs/associations _
_ Concerts/classical _
_ Concerts/rock _
_ Cultural events _
_ Dancing _
_ Dining out _
_ Fast food joint/coffee shop _
_ Live entertainment _
_ Museums/galleries _
_ Movies _
_ Organized activities (card games, etc.) _
_ Parks/zoo _
_ Parties _
_ Religious events _
_ Role-playing games _
_ Shopping malls/stores _
_ Small informal gatherings with friends _
_ Talks/seminars _
_ Theater/plays _

1480. WATCHING SPORTS AT A STADIUM
SELF DESIRED MATCH
_ Never _
_ Just special events _
_ Once a month _
_ Once a week _
_ Several times a week _
_ Varied/seasonal _

1490. WATCHING SPORTS ON TV
SELF DESIRED MATCH
_ Never _
_ Just special events _
_ Once a month _
_ Once a week _
_ Several times a week _
_ Daily _
_ Varied/seasonal _

1500. WATCHING TV
SELF DESIRED MATCH
_ Never/Don't own a TV _
_ Less than 1 hour/week _
_ 1-5 hours/week _
_ 6-10 hours/week _
_ 11-15 hours/week _
_ 16-20 hours/week _
_ 20-30 hours/week _
_ 30-40 hours/week _
_ 40+ hours/week _
_ Usually doing something else while watching _

-GENERAL QUESTIONS

1510. LIMIT OF PEOPLE YOU WANT EM TO GIVE YOUR ADDRESS TO

If you have very popular characteristics, you could conceivably be
matched with tens of thousands of people who would then contact you
after being told that you match with them.

You can raise or lower this limit by sending the command LIMIT 10 to
e...@limit.com if you wanted to limit the number to 10. If this limit
is reset, then Electronic Matchmaker(tm) will allow that many MORE
people to contact you.

SELF DESIRED MATCH
_ One _
_ Five _
_ Ten _
_ Twenty-five _
_ Fifty _
_ One hundred _
_ Two hundred fifty _

1520. EXCHANGING GIF FILES

A GIF file is a photograph in computer format. It can be transmitted
via e-mail. Electronic Matchmaker(tm) will eventually offer the
ability to transmit and receive GIF files. We will also add a
service for people to mail in photos so we can make GIFs from them.

SELF DESIRED MATCH
_ Want to exchange GIFs right away _
_ Want to exchange GIFs within a week of _
match being made
_ Want to exchange GIFs within a month _
_ Want to exchange GIFs after a month _
_ Never want to exchange GIFs _

1530. WOULD YOU LIKE TO RELEASE A COPY OF YOUR ANSWERS TO MATCH?

Normally you would check No and just let your match see your comments
that will be requested in the next section.

SELF DESIRED MATCH
_ Yes _
_ No _

1540. COMMENTS THAT YOU WANT YOUR MATCH TO SEE:

END COMMENTS

Please insert your comments between the previous two lines. You may
use the insert key on your editor to enter as many lines as you wish.

GENERAL INFORMATION

Only include phone number information for U.S. or Canadian residents.

Full Name (optional): ______________________________________

CURRENT ADDRESS
Area code ___
First three digits of phone number ___
Street Address (optional): ______________________________________
City: ______________________________________
State: ______________________________________
Zipcode: ______________________________________
Country (Blank for USA): ______________________________________

ADDRESS THAT YOU LIVE AT DURING OTHER TIMES OF THE YEAR
Area code ___
First three digits of phone number ___
Street Address (optional): ______________________________________
City: ______________________________________
State: ______________________________________
Zipcode: ______________________________________
Country (Blank for USA): ______________________________________
# of months per year you are there __

Birth Month/Birth Day/Birth Year: __/__/__
Unique 5-10 character password: __________
E-mail address: ________________________________________________________
E-mail address of person who referred you (optional; leave blank if no
individual referred you):_______________________________________________

One cupid arrow is given to you for each woman that you get to sign up.
Monthly prizes will be given to the people who accumulate the most cupid
arrows that month. This promotion is to help reduce the male/female
imbalance which hurts both heterosexual men and lesbians.

You must fill in all questions in the General Information area with the
exception of the optional fields. I need your city, state, and zipcode
so I can see how close you are to other people. The last four digits of
a full nine digit US zipcode are optional. I need your birth date to
determine your age, and your e-mail address so people can contact you.

Currently the only use of the phone number information is to determine
the longitude and latitude of Canadian users. I have a database for
Canadians that works on phone numbers, not addresses.

I need a password in case you want access to your private information.
Please create a unique password that you have never used before. With
your password you can:

* Request that copies of your answers be sent to you
* Request that copies of your answers be sent to someone else.
* Request that you be removed from the Electronic Matchmaker(tm)
database.

In case 2, a confirmation statement would be sent to your address. Birth
date will be asked along with password in all cases for a second layer of
protection.

If you want to be real generous you can even send donations before the
service is up and running. EM Headquarters are based at Eric Klien,
8124 Bridlepath Way, Las Vegas, NV 89128.

Following are sex related questions. You do not have to answer them.
If you don't want to answer them, STOP reading the questionnaire now.
There are NO more questions you need to answer.

There are four reasons you may not wish to answer the following:

* You just want a pen pal/acquaintance and therefore such questions
don't apply to you.
* You don't believe that such personal matters should be discussed
until later in the relationship.
* You have insufficient sexual experience to answer them.
* You just don't like to answer such personal questions.

* ANSWERING THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS IS OPTIONAL! *
* THESE QUESTIONS WILL GET PROGRESSIVELY MORE PERSONAL *
* IF YOU ANSWER ONE QUESTION, YOU DON'T HAVE TO ANSWER ALL OF THEM *

-SEX QUESTIONS

1550. WHAT YOU NORMALLY DO ON FIRST DATE
SELF DESIRED MATCH
_ Shake hands _
_ Hug _
_ Kiss _
_ Petting _
_ Intercourse _
_ Varies _

1560. WHEN TO HAVE SEX
SELF DESIRED MATCH
_ On first date _
_ Within three dates _
_ Not before 30 days _
_ After a couple of months _
_ When we both feel comfortable _
_ After couple is serious _
_ After both have made a commitment _
_ After couple is engaged _
_ Not until marriage/domestic partnership _

1570. SEX FREQUENCY WHEN IN LONG TERM RELATIONSHIP
SELF DESIRED MATCH
_ At least once a day _
_ Several times a week _
_ Several times a month _
_ Several times a year _
_ Rarely or never _

1580. SEX DISEASES

On this question, as well as a few others, a "N" in the DESIRED MATCH
column will guarantee that you are not matched with someone who
doesn't match. (Preference for gender is another such question.)
Nevertheless, Electronic Matchmaker(tm) does not guarantee that
anyone will tell the truth about this question or any other
questions. If in doubt about your match's disease status, go to your
neighborhood clinic.

SELF DESIRED MATCH
_ Disease free _
_ Herpes I _
_ Herpes II _
_ HIV+ _
_ Curable disease _
_ Other sexually transmitted diseases _

1590. SEX ATTITUDE
SELF DESIRED MATCH
_ Wild sex _
_ Kinky sex _
_ Like to try new things all the time _
_ Like to try new things occasionally _
_ Like the tried and true _
_ Only know one position _

1600. SEXUAL ENERGY PEAK
SELF DESIRED MATCH
_ Early morning lover _
_ Day lover _
_ Evening lover _
_ Night tiger _
_ Always ready _

1610. NUDITY
SELF DESIRED MATCH
_ Love to streak at concerts _
_ Nude beach enthusiast _
_ Like nudity throughout the home _
_ Roam house in underwear _
_ Like nudity in the bedroom _
_ Nudity OK after the lights are out _
_ Prefer to stay dressed at all times _

1620. FAVORITE UNCONVENTIONAL BODY PARTS FOR SEX
SELF DESIRED MATCH
_ Arms _
_ Back _
_ Belly button _
_ Ears _
_ Face _
_ Hands _
_ Feet _
_ Legs _
_ Neck _
_ Shoulders _
_ Stomach _
_ Tongue _
_ All of the above _

1630. SEX POSITIONS
SELF DESIRED MATCH
_ Bondage (binder) _
_ Bondage (bound) _
_ Female superior position _
_ Missionary position _
_ Rear entry position _
_ Sadomasochism bottom _
_ Sadomasochism top _
_ Sideways _
_ Sitting _
_ Sixty-nine (oral sex by both partners to _
each other at same time)
_ Standing up _
_ Upside down (match's legs on other's _
shoulders)

1640. SEX ACTS

Muscle domination presupposes a substantial difference of physical
strength between the two lovers, and a mutual interest in using this as
a part of erotic games or love-making.

SELF DESIRED MATCH
_ Anal fisting _
_ Anal sex _
_ Bestiality _
_ Cunnilingus _
_ Erotic wrestling/fighting _
_ Exhibitionism (outdoor) _
_ Exhibitionism (public) _
_ Fellatio _
_ Group sex _
_ Muscle domination - bottom _
_ Muscle domination - top _
_ Mutual masturbation _
_ Piercing - genitals _
_ Piercing - nipples _
_ Shave pubic areas _
_ Sucking _
_ Vaginal fisting _

1650. DETAILED SEX ATTITUDE
SELF DESIRED MATCH
_ Active _
_ Body worship _
_ Clothespins _
_ Dildos _
_ Dominant _
_ Don't mind menstrual blood _
_ Food _
_ High heels _
_ Leather _
_ Lingerie _
_ Rubber _
_ Passive _
_ Pornography (magazines) _
_ Pornography (movies) _
_ Stockings/garter belts _
_ Submissive _
_ Rape fantasy _
_ Role-playing/acting out fantasies _
_ Sex toys _
_ Vibrators _

1660. SAFE SEX
SELF DESIRED MATCH
_ Always _
_ Always unless sure partner not infected _
_ Sometimes _
_ Never _

1670. BIRTH CONTROL
SELF DESIRED MATCH
_ Cervical cap _
_ Condom _
_ Diaphragm _
_ Natural family planning _
_ New/experimental methods _
_ Norplant _
_ Ovario-hysterectomy, vasectomy, tubal _
ligation
_ Pill _
_ Rhythm _
_ None _

1680. SEXUAL EXPERIENCE
SELF DESIRED MATCH
_ Virgin _
_ 1 partner so far _
_ 2-5 partners _
_ 6-10 partners _
_ 11-30 partners _
_ 31-100 partners _
_ 101-500 partners _
_ 501+ partners _

1690. SEXUAL BODY TYPE
SELF DESIRED MATCH
_ Big breasts _
_ Medium breasts _
_ Small breasts _
_ Great butt _
_ Average butt _
_ Bad butt _
_ Great confidence in body _
_ Average confidence in body _
_ Poor confidence in body _
_ Great legs _
_ Average legs _
_ Bad legs _
_ Big penis _
_ Medium penis _
_ Small penis _

This ends the sexual compatibility questions as well as the questionnaire.
Hope you had fun answering them.

<*does not exist*>

Dec 26, 1992, 9:02:11 PM12/26/92
to Eric_S...@cup.portal.com

this is not the entire file.... mercifully, i have clipped out
99% of it....

please note the field [Lines: 3153]

-=-=-=-< begin include: clipped >-=-=-=-

Article 42212 (12 more) in alt.personals:
From: Eric_S...@cup.portal.com
Subject: Electronic Matchmaker(tm) Questionnaire - Draft 6.85
Date: 26 Dec 92 23:57:10 GMT

If you receive the following directly from me, consider yourself
signed up. Everyone who receives this WILL receive the final draft
when the service is up and running.

STATUS REPORT on electronic matching service.

-=-=-=-< end file: clipped >-=-=-=-

after having (possibly) read the ap*FAQ, perhaps you will have
remembered the sections on sig files, length of postings, types of
postings, and basic 'nettiquette'.....
this is a post that is a perfect example of what does *NOT*
belong in this group. it is far too long, not a personals, irresponsible,
and inconsiderate.
i would like to ask (politely and publically) that this *NOT*
happen again. this is a blatent abuse of this group, and many people's
time and resources.

i have sent this person private mail to request the same, (but i
may have hit the [^v] paste function in the address.... sorry if you
receive more than one copy of the un-abridged version of this request)
and i hope you/he will accede to this totally reasonable request....

thank you so much....
and, as always, i am/at:

doug: < do...@eng.umd.edu > : < do...@lpf.umd.edu >

-=-=-=-=-=-=-< a ghost in the machine >--=-=-=-=-=-=-

i never thought that there were corners in time
'til i was told to stand in one.
one straight line head on into the other; maybe standing
in a corner looks like where its got to go....
but i'll pretend that one wall is the past,
and one is the future, and i'll stand here like the present
looking for a good place to run!

jefferson starship: dragonfly: hyperdrive