(none)

J o s e D u a r t e

Jul 3, 1991, 6:33:52 PM7/3/91
TEST.

J o s e D u a r t e

Jul 3, 1991, 6:35:03 PM7/3/91
Peeve: People who send a test message for all to see when
they know that it will get on the bboard.

Jose' D.

Yes, as a Matter of Fact, I *DO* Own This Whole Damned Site

Jul 4, 1991, 4:16:40 PM7/4/91
In article <910703153...@PARIS.ICS.UCI.EDU> jdu...@liege.ICS.UCI.EDU (J o s e D u a r t e) writes:
>Peeve: People who send a test message for all to see when
> they know that it will get on the bboard.

Peeve: People who think the USENET is a "bboard".

ER

J o s e D u a r t e

Jul 10, 1991, 12:54:54 PM7/10/91

Peeve-O-Rama:

A couple of months ago, all the cigarette vending
machines on the UCI campus were labeled:

"WARNING: YOU MUST BE 18 TO BUY TOBACCO PRODUCTS FROM
THIS MACHINE."

I turned 23 last April! Gosh, Golly, Gee, Darn!!! I can't
buy cigarettes anymore :-) Oh well...I don't smoke, so
I don't really care.

Jose' D.

Mike Stangel

Jul 10, 1991, 2:34:46 PM7/10/91

Okay, now _I'm_ peeved. Is it so much more difficult to entitle one's
posting than to write (none)? Some of us use nn, and some of us don't
give a rat's ass who it is that's posting, but rather discriminate
between what they will and will not read based on the topic. I would
simply ignore those who refuse to entitle their postings, but silent
protest amount to nothing in this world...

Mike Stangel

J o s e D u a r t e

Jul 11, 1991, 1:28:38 PM7/11/91

Peeve:
"Tai-Pan" anything.

Bonus-Peeve:
Friends who call and interrupt during an interesting
part of a TV show.

Another-Peeve:
"The Home Depot," a home-improvement store. They pride
themselves on customer satisfaction, but they suck! I went there
yesterday and someone placed three big palettes full of merchandise
right in front of the stuff that I wanted to buy.
I asked one of the workers there if he could get the stuff
for me, and even though he was only two feet away, he refused. He
told me that he wouldn't 'cause he worked in a "different" department.
Why do they block access to this junk only on the days I go there?
Why can't the idiot clerks walk two stinkin' feet to get me the stuff?
I hate "The Home Depot."

Thanks for listening :-(

Just Me.

Geoff Miller

Jul 11, 1991, 3:20:08 PM7/11/91

In article <910711102...@PARIS.ICS.UCI.EDU> jdu...@liege.ICS.UCI.EDU
(J o s e D u a r t e) writes:

>Another-Peeve:
> "The Home Depot," a home-improvement store.

The Home Depot! Arrrrgh! I avoid that place like the plague, especially
on weekends. It's hot and crowded, everybody brings their noisy little
kids who get underfoot, I can't scan the shelves for more than a couple
of seconds at a time because I have to watch for people trundling those
carts up and down the aisles with loads of paneling, and most annoying of
all, they have this loud, obnoxious PA system that keeps breaking my train
of thought. It's the kind that's integrated with the telephone system, so
every time it's used, the amplified "beep" from the touch-tone button gets
blasted around the place. It's like getting chilled icepicks jammed into
my eardrums at irregular intervals. Then, of course, the parking lot is a
friggin' zoo. The garden center outside is a pain, too, because they have
a forklift with one of those hateful back-up beepers on it. It's damn near
impossible to think in that place.

We used to have this chain of home-improvement stores in my area called
Handyman. They were sort of like Home Depot, only much smaller and consid-
erably less crowded. A good selection of merchandise, normally not jammed
with people, and generally pleasant to do business with. So naturally, they
went out of business. The one I used to go to is now a Circuit City. A
good store in its own right, but given the fact that I seldom purchase
stereos and stuff, I'd have preferred the Handyman.

Geoff

-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-
Geoff Miller + + + + + + + + Sun Microsystems
geo...@purplehaze.EBay.sun.com + + + + + + + + Milpitas, California
-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-

Yes, as a Matter of Fact, I *DO* Own This Whole Damned Site

Jul 11, 1991, 11:46:04 PM7/11/91
In article <910711102...@PARIS.ICS.UCI.EDU> jdu...@liege.ICS.UCI.EDU (J o s e D u a r t e) writes:

>Another-Peeve:
> "The Home Depot," a home-improvement store. They pride
>themselves on customer satisfaction, but they suck! I went there
>yesterday and someone placed three big palettes full of merchandise
>right in front of the stuff that I wanted to buy.
[etc]

I ordered a formica counter from them. I got it. It had stickers all
over the laminated surface that I have been unable to remove. You
think they would put it on the particleboard side? Of course not. That's
too sensible!!!

ER