Burger joints

za...@zeus.unomaha.edu

Dec 5, 1990, 1:08:03 AM12/5/90

This is a pet peeve I have had for some time: stupid fast food clerks.
The next time you go to one of those grease burger joints, try this. Say, "I
would like a quarter pounder and a chocolate shake. That's all and that's to
go." How does the clerk respond? "Is that all?" (You say "yes.") "Is that
for here or to go?" This happens at least 90% of the time, no joking.
I like to go to Subway sandwich shops quite a bit, and the people that
work there are a little bit brighter, but not much. Every single time I have
to repeat my order a minimum of three times. Usually it's more like four or
five. I thought that the problem was limited to one shop, but as I went to
many different ones throughout the city, I found that they are consistent. I
suppose developing a short-term memory is in the policy manual. Fortunately,
their excellent sandwiches more than make up for the hassle.

Kurt Krueger | BITNET: ZA011@UNOMA1 | //\
MBA student | Internet: ZA...@ZEUS.UNOMAHA.EDU | \X/--\ M I G A
This space for office use only:

Will Bell

Dec 8, 1990, 12:27:07 AM12/8/90
In article <5179.2...@zeus.unomaha.edu> za...@zeus.unomaha.edu writes:

> This is a pet peeve I have had for some time: stupid fast food clerks.

This really hits home with me. I worked at McDonald's for 4 (count 'em, 4)
long years. One of the few reasons I stayed on was (a) good money and (b)
good hours.

Anyway, I can assure you that some of the DUMBEST people in the world work
in fast food. There are usually only just a few things on their minds:
. When do I get to go on break
. When can I sneak a smoke in the breakroom
. When can I sneak a burger into the stockroom and munch it
. When do I get off
. When is payday

I can't describe the frustration of trying to explain to these people how
to use the electronic cash registers. Or how to build a burger in the correct
order.

>How does the clerk respond? "Is that all?" (You say "yes.") "Is that

The concept of suggestive selling is religiously drilled into all cashier
types. I found myself saying such things automatically, out of habit.

Thank goodness I work at a computer helpdesk. Now I can work with DUMB
people who THINK they're smart.

Will

Will Bell | Don't toy with me, | Don't try this at home, kids. This
be...@cs.tamu.edu | woman! | should only be done by trained,
Std. Disclaimers | -- H. Simpson | professional idiots. --Plucky Duck

Dan Sandin

Dec 10, 1990, 1:46:50 PM12/10/90
Does anyone share my opinion that Taco Bell (Toxic Hell) employees are
the most unintelligent fast food service persons in all of the world?
No matter where I go to a taco bell, the service is on the slow side,
and is performed by stupid, surly people. Even in well-bred suburbs,
I think they either pick the people who couldn't get a job at McD's,
or they import inbreds from the city.

stephan

Lucia Fabbozzi

Dec 11, 1990, 8:27:30 AM12/11/90
In article <1990Dec10....@uicbert.eecs.uic.edu>, san...@uicbert.eecs.uic.edu (Dan Sandin) writes...

No, these are definately rural science experiments in genetic De-evolution...

Jorian

Gun Control is Hitting Your Target

Dec 11, 1990, 11:46:35 AM12/11/90

I find the Toxic Hell employees in Palo Alto to be very nice indeed.
Maybe it's you.
--
real address: ba...@catnip.berkeley.ca.us
last choice: lll-winken!catnip.berkeley.ca.us!bandy

Yes, as a Matter of Fact, I *DO* Own This Whole Damned Site

Dec 12, 1990, 1:03:10 AM12/12/90
The only people stupider than fast food vendors are the people
who buy and eat that stuff.

ER