Solar Progressions

Edmond Wollmann

Jan 21, 2001, 9:02:07 PM1/21/01
"Jamie" <Jam...@mail.com> wrote in message
news:VeC96.10606$CW.6...@e420r-atl1.usenetserver.com...

> Hi,
>
> Larry Ely wrote an article in Matrix Magazine, No. 9, 1982 in which I have
> read he describes something called "solar progressions." He recommends
> using them instead of the usual secondary progressions. I have never been
> able to locate a copy of the magazine. I have a reference to it in Roy
> Whitney's book, Astrological Predictions, which Neil Michelson embraced
and
> published, and is still offered on ACS as Dynamic Astrology. Does anybody
> know what Ely was proposing? Or know where I might find a copy of the
> article?

> Thanks,

> Jamie

Don't know about the article, but Solar Arcs are applied by using the motion
of the sun on the day of birth and adding it to each planet, noting the
aspects as you proceed--one day of motion addition equaling one year of
progression.
Or, you can simply use the degree for a day measurement and add one degree
to each planet for each year--it will be pretty close to the same. However,
Solar arcs define a BACKDROP against which we would then apply more specific
aspects such as transits to get the whole picture of developmental progress.
All application techniques blended together is much more telling than one
type of measurement.
Hope this helps some.
Ed

"...They all laughed at Edison and also at Einstein, so why should I feel
sorry if the just couldn't understand the idiomatic logic that went on in my
head! I had a brain it was insane, oh they used to laugh at me when I
refused to ride-on all those double-decker buses, all because there was no
driver on the top!"
... What no driver on the top? This chick is twisted, crazy, boop shoobie ya
hear! Flip city!
My analyst told me, that I was right out of my head, but I said "Dear
Doctor" I think that it's you instead--because I have got a thing that's
unique and new, to prove that I'll have the last laugh on you!!! Because
instead of one head!
I've got two--and you know two heads are better than one!"
Joni Mitchell (with Cheech and Chong) "Genius"

--
Edmond H. Wollmann P.M.A.F.A.
© 2001 Altair Publications, SAN 299-5603