A point.... A point !!

1 view

mark

Aug 2, 1993, 1:51:25 PM8/2/93
In article <aDkJ8B...@brewich.hou.tx.us> po...@brewich.hou.tx.us (Pope Charles) writes:
>ba...@wam.umd.edu (Jaguar) writes:
>> The meat eaters creed: (as heard through the rumor mill)
>> 1)Vegitables are not food.
>> 2) Fish are fast moving Vegitables.
>> 3) Fruit is a Vegitable that fools you by tasting good.
>> 4) Eating meat may block up your arteries and make you
>> die young, but who wants to be old in Valhalla anyway?
>
>If God did not mean for us to eat animals, why did he make them
>taste so good. Pass the Bar-B-Que suace....

Nor would he have let them eat *us* when they can. Pass the mosquito
repellent, please!

mark

mark

Aug 2, 1993, 1:55:16 PM8/2/93
In article <62...@cruzio.santa-cruz.ca.us> mad...@cruzio.santa-cruz.ca.us writes:
>In article <23brm1$i...@access.digex.net:, co...@access.digex.net (Corun MacAnndra) writes:

>: In article <23bj10$f...@cville-srv.wam.umd.edu> ba...@wam.umd.edu (Jaguar) writes:
>: >
>: >The meat eaters creed: (as heard through the rumor mill)
>: > 1)Vegitables are not food.
>: > 2) Fish are fast moving Vegitables.
>: > 3) Fruit is a Vegitable that fools you by tasting good.
>: > 4) Eating meat may block up your arteries and make you
>: > die young, but who wants to be old in Valhalla anyway?
>:
>: My favourite is one I saw on a t-shirt.
>:
>: "My ancestors didn't claw their way to the top of the
>: food chain to eat vegetables."
>
>And the vegetarian counterpart:
>
> VEGETARIANS FOR ORAL SEX
> The only meat that's fit to eat!

(I can't resist (but would I even try?):

on the last: Tastes Great! Less Filling!

mark

Maxwell, Darin

Aug 2, 1993, 6:25:00 PM8/2/93
In article <62...@cruzio.santa-cruz.ca.us>, mad...@cruzio.santa-cruz.ca.us writes...

>And the vegetarian counterpart:
>
> VEGETARIANS FOR ORAL SEX
> The only meat that's fit to eat!
>--
>Heather Madrone
>(mad...@cruzio.santa-cruz.ca.us or ..netcom!cruzio!madrone)

Nolo contendre.

--
Darin Maxwell Think. And then think again.
st...@jetson.uh.edu And if you still think you're right...

mad...@cruzio.santa-cruz.ca.us

Aug 3, 1993, 12:19:51 AM8/3/93
In article <1993Aug2.1...@radian.uucp|, markbr%rad...@natinst.com (mark) writes:
| In article <62...@cruzio.santa-cruz.ca.us> mad...@cruzio.santa-cruz.ca.us writes:
| >In article <23brm1$i...@access.digex.net:, co...@access.digex.net (Corun MacAnndra) writes:
| >: In article <23bj10$f...@cville-srv.wam.umd.edu> ba...@wam.umd.edu (Jaguar) writes:
| >: >
| >: >The meat eaters creed: (as heard through the rumor mill)
| >: > 1)Vegitables are not food.
| >: > 2) Fish are fast moving Vegitables.
| >: > 3) Fruit is a Vegitable that fools you by tasting good.
| >: > 4) Eating meat may block up your arteries and make you
| >: > die young, but who wants to be old in Valhalla anyway?
| >:
| >: My favourite is one I saw on a t-shirt.
| >:
| >: "My ancestors didn't claw their way to the top of the
| >: food chain to eat vegetables."
| >
| >And the vegetarian counterpart:
| >
| > VEGETARIANS FOR ORAL SEX
| > The only meat that's fit to eat!
|
| (I can't resist (but would I even try?):
|
| on the last: Tastes Great! Less Filling!

I don't know about that, Mark. It's been my experience that that kind of
"meat" can be very filling if applied to the wrong (right?) orifice.

Red Sonja

Aug 3, 1993, 10:58:05 PM8/3/93
In article <1993Jul30.1...@radian.uucp> markbr%rad...@natinst.com (mark) writes:
>In article <1993Jul30.0...@hpcvaac.cv.hp.com> bi...@hpcvaac.cv.hp.com (bill nelson) writes:
>>sco...@magnus.acs.ohio-state.edu (Stephen M Conley) writes:
>>:In article<27JUL199...@rosie.uh.edu> st...@rosie.uh.edu (Maxwell, Darin)
><snip>
>>: >And several of my friends have become partial vegetarians.
>>:
>>: "Partial vegetarians"? You mean, they ate nothing but meat before? :-)
>>: Sorry, couldn't resist.
>>
>>Yeah. I am a partial vegetarian also. I only eat meat from animals which
>>only eat vegetation.
>>
>Neither can I: a friend has a line: "I'm not a vegetarian because I love
>animals, I'm a vegitarian because I hate vegetation."

Supposing you have a vegitarian who is Pro-Choice, does that mean the
person can eat eggs? (A twist on that George Carlin quote in my .sig a
while back: "How come if it's human, it's an abortion; but if it's a
chicken it's an omelet?")

--
reds...@olias.linet.org \\\RS/// Self possession is 9/10 of the law.
Alien: "We control the laws of nature!" | GCS(AT)/d--/-p+/l+/u+++(admin!)/e+(*)

R. Michael Litchfield

Aug 2, 1993, 7:09:54 PM8/2/93
In article <1993Aug2.141902.5726@radzy@jack.sns.com>, radzy@radzy@jack.sns.com (T.O. Radzykewycz) writes:

> po...@brewich.hou.tx.us (Pope Charles) writes:
>> If God did not mean for us to eat animals, why did he make them
>> taste so good. Pass the Bar-B-Que suace....
> If meat tastes so good, why do you want to smother the flavor
> with BBQ sauce?

no no no

good bbq, if done correctly doesn't need sauce
however that doesn't mean that the sauce cannot add something truely delightful
without smothering the flavor of the meat.

> -- radzy

-Michael

Pierce Nichols

Aug 8, 1993, 2:35:49 PM8/8/93