file vfd.vxd problem

Hal Dunlavy

Jan 15, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/15/97

I am trying to load windows 95 on a 486 eisa computer. I keep
encountering the following message: VFBACKUP DEVICE NOT ABLE TO LOAD
FILE VFD.VXD. Can anyone give me any help on this. I am not able to
complete loading windows95 past this point. Thanks !!!

Would appreciate help on this. Please e-mail me. Thanks !!

Hal

ha...@pipeline.com

die...@mindspring.com

Jan 23, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/23/97

restart system, hit F8, chose boot to command prompt, type edit
c:\windows\system.ini, scroll down to the [386enh] section and put a
; (semi-colon) in front of the line *vfd.vxd or device=vfd.vxd. That
should let you boot into windows. Put the win95 cd in and rerun
hardware detection. Hope this helps

On Wed, 15 Jan 1997 05:19:41 GMT, ha...@pipeline.com (Hal Dunlavy)