I'm tried of all this "XP sucks"

FanFan

Jan 15, 2002, 7:00:15 PM1/15/02
All you people doing this "XP sucks" actually made me think it sucked before
I upgraded..

I can honestly say it's SOLID XP is built solid if you take the time to
learn it like you do Win9x/ME... Think it's ignorance that most people are
complaining about they assume that cause it works in Win9x/nt/2000 it must
be the same for XP... THIS IS NOT TRUE. Alot of the things in XP are new
under the hood same is true that alot of the things are kept the same.

I was the only person I knew that had a stable Win ME machine for 2 years
without a format. This is because I tweaked it everywhere to get it to be
stable.

I'm surprised that WinXP runs this well without me manually tweaking each
component. Although by tweaking I've prevented my Video card (GeForce MX)
from locking up, and managed to get back that extra 20% of bandwidth the
system reserves by default to QoS packets.

Anyways I'd give it a chance. This news group is full of "XP is crap"
because most people don't go to newsgroups like these unless they can't get
things to work.

So to anyone thinking of trying XP 3 things
1. Make a system image (for if you really screw up)
2. DO A CLEAN INSTALL (My upgrade was horrible everything got screwed)
3. Be prepared to have a little patience. I know whenever I ran into a
problem I was just itching to re-image my system but I held off, and a week
later I loved the improvements.

Hope I balanced it for the readers that are thinking of switching.

Tee Thompson

Jan 15, 2002, 7:58:58 PM1/15/02
Learn how to spell or get Office XP, you whiner!

Big Daddy Jim

Jan 15, 2002, 11:10:20 PM1/15/02
I agree with the original post.

If you're going to be a "pigeon poster" where you fly in, shit all over
everything and fly away, use your typing skills elsewhere.

I love XP and so do a lot of users who want all the latest bells and
whistles. It's going to take some users additional time to digest all of
the changes from their original OS. That's why we're here.

If you can't run with the big dogs and figure it all out, stay on the porch.

--
Big Daddy Jim in Austin, TX

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold
that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass.
--- Mark Twain

"FanFan" <notg...@duetospam.com> wrote in message

Jerry Weinhausen

Jan 16, 2002, 1:19:36 AM1/16/02
I couldn't agree more. Windows XP has been the most satisfying experience
with a operating system I've ever experienced. May XP and its tribe
increase.

Jerryofthe5ws

"Big Daddy Jim" <bigda...@windowsxppro.info> wrote in message

gazwad

Jan 16, 2002, 8:08:19 AM1/16/02
F7,
Grammar,

I am tired of people who constantly post in some sort of ill conceived
pigeon English.
Its tiresome to read.

I am also tired of people whinging about clean installs are better.
If you do it properly its fine from an upgrade.

There I said it

Gazwad

Oh and by the way, XP Sucks just the same as any other operating system does
when it doesn't do what you want it to.

Matt

Jan 16, 2002, 8:50:53 AM1/16/02
Well said!!

shut up babies, and get on with your life..

"gazwad" <gaz...@homechoice.co.uk> wrote in message

Tunemaster

Jan 16, 2002, 3:24:01 PM1/16/02
Complain about grammar and then fail to run the spell check, or whinging a
real word where you're from?

Ken Blake

Jan 16, 2002, 5:15:14 PM1/16/02
"Tunemaster" <tunem...@starband.net> wrote in message

> Complain about grammar and then fail to run the spell check, or
whinging a
> real word where you're from?

Not to mention that he wrote "pigeon" where he meant "pidgin."

--
Ken Blake
Please reply to the newsgroup

Brian

Jan 26, 2002, 10:19:14 AM1/26/02

#1 should be "Run the FREE compatibility CD"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Every time the CD said there may be problems there were. When the
CD said everything looked good, XP installed like a dream.

I think the people who complain the most are the people who try to
save $10 and buy some no-name made in Tibet video/sound/scsi
cards and wonder why XP doesn't have proper drivers! These types
of people couldn't run a basic DOS box without crying.

kaanchtoofan

Jan 26, 2002, 10:46:06 AM1/26/02
I upgraded from 98SE, no problems at all....

"Brian" <xxx...@Spam.xxx> wrote in message

Peter Harrington

Jan 26, 2002, 7:37:51 PM1/26/02
I upgraded from Win98SE and then everything checked out fine on my
combatability check. The USB devices were working fine for awhile. Then I
had problems because XP could not find a USB storage driver, and in
debugging I uninstalled the USB controller, and XP was never able to bring
back the USB controller. Using the old unsigned device drivers off a Win2k
computer, would result in an instant reboot during the install process. The
computer was a 1998 Dell Dimension XPS D300.

Windows during upgrades keeps the old device drivers, when it does not have
the newer versions. However, once they are uninstalled, because they are
unsigned, the only way to retreive them is to first install Win98 SE and
then install XP over the top.

The end result was I bought a new box, haven't test it, in the hopes that
everything will work as advertised.

Pete

"kaanchtoofan" <nsiddiqi...@nj.rr.com> wrote in message

Kadaitcha Man

Jan 26, 2002, 7:46:58 PM1/26/02
"Peter Harrington" <Peter.Ha...@ohio.edu> wrote in message

> I upgraded from Win98SE and then everything checked out fine on my
> combatability check. The USB devices were working fine for awhile. Then I
> had problems because XP could not find a USB storage driver, and in
> debugging I uninstalled the USB controller, and XP was never able to bring
> back the USB controller. Using the old unsigned device drivers off a
Win2k
> computer, would result in an instant reboot during the install process.
The
> computer was a 1998 Dell Dimension XPS D300.
>
> Windows during upgrades keeps the old device drivers, when it does not
have
> the newer versions. However, once they are uninstalled, because they are
> unsigned, the only way to retreive them is to first install Win98 SE and
> then install XP over the top.

There are a number of known issues with older Dell systems. It looks like
you struck one of them.

> The end result was I bought a new box, haven't test it, in the hopes that
> everything will work as advertised.

I hope it's not a Dell.