Windows XP sucks so bad

James

Jan 16, 2002, 5:06:54 PM1/16/02
Why is an OS created to make my life a living hell ? Why is an OS created to
make me have to buy all new hardware just to make it function properly ? Why
should I not get a refund when my computer exceeds all the minimum
requirements on the side of the box and still doesn't work ? Why can I not
get a refund when I take the software back to the store and tell them I
disagree with the license agreement ? Why does XP look and feel alot like
Linux KDE ? Why does Linux KDE, which is free, work with everything without
a hitch when XP costs over $100 and takes a squat on every piece of hardware
and software that comes near it ? Why does Bill Gates insist on having so
many GD updates and service packs? Get it right before it is released to the
public butthole. Why is it that the only computers that I have seen function
properly with XP rather have HP, Compaq, Dell, etc on the side of them ? I
loathe Compaq...just a thought. Really, Compaq sucks so bad. I know so many
of you are going to say ooh, you just don't know what you are doing or your
computer is a piece of crap or some bologna like that so let me say this up
front. XP does not work for me, just like ME didn't work for so many of you,
but ME did for me. My computer is still a very good computer and it gets the
job done very nicely and I will not throw it aside with so many miles left
on it just to run a new OS. . All I am saying here is that XP is an
overpriced piece of garbage which even tech support cannot figure out. At
least they haven't in all the calls I have taken part in. I will probally go
with a new OS, but it will probally be lindows unless Microsoft sues them so
hard that they cannot even afford to have the CD's pressed. Just steaming
over XP, nothing more or less.

Paul Smith

Jan 16, 2002, 5:16:49 PM1/16/02
Why don't you try saying what problems with different pieces of hardware you
are having.

You never know you might get all your problems with the new OS solved.

And if you buy a computer it usually is a piece of crap, build your own then
you know what you're getting. You don't see as many user built PC's with
all these troubles.

Techy newsgroups are usually for people to help each other with techy
problems rather then being a forum for ranting, trying emailing that to
Microsoft it will do more good then it just sitting here.

--
Paul Smith.
http://www.smirnov.demon.co.uk/

*Replace nospam with smirnov to reply by mail*

"James" <dalr...@bellsouth.net> wrote in message

Race Fan

Jan 16, 2002, 5:48:22 PM1/16/02
WANNA BET I GOT 2 SYSTEMS ONLY 1 YEAR OLD WITH XP PROBLEMS
"Paul Smith" <Pa...@nospam.demon.co.uk> wrote in message

Paul Smith

Jan 16, 2002, 6:01:48 PM1/16/02
Again you rant and rave instead of letting people help you with your damn
problems.

Sod it I'm tired of these complete idiots, I'm kill filing anyone who can
only string 2 words together, usually these are XP sucks.

*PLONK*

*Replace nospam with smirnov to reply by mail*

"Race Fan" <pet...@ma.ultranet.com> wrote in message

Mr. Floppy

Jan 16, 2002, 6:47:34 PM1/16/02
"James" <dalr...@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
>Why is it that the only computers that I have seen function
> properly with XP rather have HP, Compaq, Dell, etc on the side of them ? I
> loathe Compaq...just a thought. Really, Compaq sucks so bad.

What part of Compaq sucks? Do you have any experience with them, or do you
just pull this kind of stuff out of your butt? In my experience, Compaq
makes a kick-ass server, and their workstations leave something to be
desired when it comes to performance and upgrade paths. Dell is
diametrically opposed. They make a kick-ass workstation, and their servers
suck bad when it comes to hardware and upgrade paths. There are reasons
that XP, Win2K, and all the other Windows products function so well on
Compaq products. What do you think all this stuff gets tested on? 90%+ of
the machines at Microsoft are Compaq or Dell brand.

So, again, I ask... is your opinion formed from actually working with the
equipment or is it from what you've "heard"?

Duane Morse

Jan 16, 2002, 7:20:04 PM1/16/02
Did you do a fresh install, or an upgrade over your old OS?

Upgrades cause most of the problems out there, especially if your hardware
is on the approved list.

Duane

Rayxen

Jan 16, 2002, 7:58:53 PM1/16/02
This kind of attitude is pathetic. I have setup numerous XP machines myself,
from personally built ones through to upgrades and clean installs on older
machines. From older hardware such as AMD K6-2 400mhz through to the lastest
XP 1800+ . I've installed XP on older gigabyte motherboards to the latest
MSI K7T266 Pro2 and Epox KHA+. I have had barely any problems. I also run a
couple of linux boxes, including one which is Mandrake 8.1 (KDE) dual
booting with XP and runs fine.

Personally I think a linux box is best suited for servers, it's not the best
desktop OS and XP kicks it's arse in that respect. Hey you can't configure
nearly as much, nor can you edit scripts to blow your dog if you need, but
who needs a desktop OS to do that? I mean come on. Can you name a linux mail
client that supports hotmail??

I'm sure that we as a group or even a select few of us in this NG could fix
all your problems. Heck we're not IT professionals (well some of us are) but
we can sure as hell fix a damn lot of problems if we put our minds to it.
Grow up already, how old are you anyway?? I bet you that we could get XP
running on your system without any problems. I find it hard to believe that
you can apparently run linux but can't install XP.... but if you say so....
Rayxen

Moose

Jan 16, 2002, 8:12:37 PM1/16/02
Hmmmmm. I've never had any problems whatsoever with XP. My guess is that
your life is a living hell because you are genetically deficient and poorly
educated and your entire extended family over 5 generations has had
absolutely no social standing at all. Given that, why don't you go back to
quilting or sewing or something not real complicated and leave computers to
real men. Punk.

Moose

Tee Thompson

Jan 16, 2002, 9:04:04 PM1/16/02
XP runs fine on every friend of mine's CPU.

Tee Thompson

Jan 16, 2002, 9:05:29 PM1/16/02
So solve you problems, don't get buried by them.

Tee Thompson

Jan 16, 2002, 9:08:02 PM1/16/02
You're a punk also. Having to pick on people for your joy. You loser!

"Moose" <Moo...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

James

Jan 16, 2002, 9:10:03 PM1/16/02
My guess is that you just described your own family Moose. It seems like a
pretty accurate picture of someone's family and you have not been introduced
to mine. Anyone who attempts to slander someone's family in defense of an OS
is the person with the moral, and perhaps mental, issues. May God help you
with all your unvented issues and may your life be a wonderful one. As for
Up, on my current, unaltered machine, XP SUCKS !! I also understand
computers fairly well and I know where the problem lies. It has something
to do with the memory management, PNF LIST CORRUPT to be exact. The ram is
all fine, before you make the comment. Already pulled all hardware except
for the motherboard, so the MB is where the problem must lie. Also, already
made every possible adjustment to the BIOS, to no avail. I just do not feel
I need to upgrade my system when I exceed minimum requirements as stated on
the side of the box. And to me that is why XP sucks. I buy a piece of
software that for some freak reason will not work on my system and I cannot
get a refund. I have a perfectly good MB and I don't think I should have to
get rid of it to make XP happy. I never had a BLOD before XP with any OS
unless I was really pushing it's resources. End of story.

Moose

Jan 16, 2002, 11:14:14 PM1/16/02
No James, this is only the beginning of the story. And in the big city
there are a million pathetic stories like your own. You see James, you are
under the illusion that the perfect computer world can be realized through
the wisdom and leadership of Bill Gates and company. Gee, James, I hate to
shatter this little make believe world you live in but IT JUST AIN'T NEVER
GONNA BE THAT WAY. Your fuckin' pathetic little Taiwanese motherboard
APPEARS to meet all the XP prerequisites but amongst the thousand of
components is one little leaky electrolytic capacitor that is spoiling
Microsoft's promise of operating system nirvana. Shit!!!! Is there no God?

Yea, you've got my number James. My mom is a crack addict prostitute; my
family's gene pool is pretty grim; my Dad was electrocuted for crimes too
despicable to mention and I have to bear all of this and at times it's just
too damn much. The only thing that keeps me going sometimes is the delight
I take in my perfectly working XP machine. I mean this little jewel has
never so much as hinted at a problem. Sometimes I marvel over how lucky I am
to have a flawless XP installation and I really do feel the pain of the less
fortunate (such as yourself) who have once again been the victim of one more
in a long line of mis-behaving Windows operating systems. One things for
sure though James..you're living proof that you CAN get BLOD from a turnip
but you can't get BSOD from a good XP installation.

Moose

p.s Listen, tell that wife of yours that Moose said hello and that if she's
interested in a REAL MAN with a perfectly working XP installation then just
drop me a line. She's probably getting sick of those memory errors and
BLOD's and corrupt PNF lists and whatnot. Tell her I can show her an XP that
a woman like her deserves. Now quit that whining punk.

" <dalr...@bellsouth.net> wrote in message

Moose

Jan 16, 2002, 11:17:08 PM1/16/02
[...]

p.s Listen, tell that little wife of yours that Moose said hello and that if

she's
interested in a REAL MAN with a perfectly working XP installation then just
drop me a line. She's probably getting sick of those memory errors and
BLOD's and corrupt PNF lists and whatnot. Tell her I can show her an XP that
a woman like her deserves. Now quit that whining punk.

Big Daddy Jim

Jan 16, 2002, 11:29:37 PM1/16/02
Uh, James, if you'd like to donate your copy to someone, go ahead. Your
participation won't be missed.

If you can't afford current hardware, that's OK. I understand your pain.

--
Big Daddy Jim in Austin, TX

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold
that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass.
--- Mark Twain

Sir

Jan 17, 2002, 3:59:28 AM1/17/02

If you like old shit Linux where you have to remember every shit load of
dos commands.
Xp is five star for you, put your Linux OS for your old box enjoy do not
come
here wing again.

"Tee Thompson" <te...@prodigy.net> wrote in message

Kadaitcha Man

Jan 17, 2002, 4:28:16 AM1/17/02
"James" <dalr...@bellsouth.net> wrote in message

> End of story.

Good. Now fuck off.

Kadaitcha Man

Jan 17, 2002, 4:31:17 AM1/17/02

> You're a punk also. Having to pick on people for your joy. You loser!

No doubt you'd pick on Moose if you thought he was a nigger, eh.

Kadaitcha Man

Jan 17, 2002, 4:31:51 AM1/17/02

> XP runs fine on every friend of mine's CPU.

Translation: I've never seen XP work.

Moose

Jan 17, 2002, 6:10:40 AM1/17/02
I pick out total strangers at the Wal-Mart and beat them to a pulp for my
joy.

My sorrow is having to log into aoswxp every day and flame the shit outta
all the whiny ass brain-dead wannabe XP users that come in here to complain
about their malfunctioning OS instead of using their energy to understand
and fix same. I was given this chore by a very "creative" judge after my
conviction for sending 10,000 illegal copies of XP Pro to Iraq where every
copy had 67 subtly corrupt dll files.

So you're right in your assessment ..I am a loser. Punk.

Moose

John B

Jan 17, 2002, 9:14:57 AM1/17/02
Sir wrote:

> If you like old shit Linux where you have to remember every shit load of
> dos commands.
> Xp is five star for you, put your Linux OS for your old box enjoy do not
> come
> here wing again.

Damn boy....you sure are stuck in the late '70's. When *was* the last time
you saw a Linux box anyway?

John
--
M$ and MSN...more useful every day...and one day it will actually achieve that

Just say NO to reply by e-mail

James

Jan 17, 2002, 10:00:59 AM1/17/02
Can afford new hardware, but am a very conservative republican and cannot
see spending more money when the hardware I have should work perfect. I will
not be part of the tech recovery unless Bill Gates decides to zap my ME or
Linux box to where they are unusable.

"Big Daddy Jim" <bigda...@windowsxppro.info> wrote in message

M.i.r.a.g.e.

Jan 17, 2002, 3:28:18 PM1/17/02
I have never had any problems either. I can't believe that the "XP
Sucks" theme hasn't died yet, because it has to proven itself to be a
stable OS. Did I say "XP Sucks" when I found out that my VooDoo3 3000
graphics card doesn't support OpenGL under XP? No, I didn't. I
"almost" started saying that "Invidia Sucks", because they won't
support OpenGL with the VooDoo cards, but I didn't. I just calmly
setup a dual boot of ME and XP, so that I could play all of my OpenGL
games, until I get a card that supports OpenGL in XP.
These idiots need to stop saying that "XP Sucks", because as evidence
to the contrary, it has had ZERO problems on my system, therefore it
doesn't "Suck".
On the same note what about all this "Windows ME Sucks"? I have only
had a couple issues with it since it came out, so I guess we should
just say "Life Sucks" and kill ourselves.