DO NOT TOUCH WINDOWS XP

newton

Sep 14, 2001, 2:39:28 AM9/14/01
It is way slower than WinME and Win98, eats 1.8 GByte hard disk,
comsumes 50 minutes to install on 1 GHz Athlon. It is a lie
that it boots faster than Win98 and WinME. It froze my system
so many times which never happened before with Win98 or WinME.
Softwares do not run on this dinosaur, including their own Internet
Explorer 6 shit. It has a crappy CD-burner software, which is
useless but will block your way. It has much more control on
your system, you need to put considerate time to clean up all the mess.
I am not sure if I could completely get rid off them.
It will just make your life hell, and going back to WinME is not easy.

BE WARNED, DO NOT BUY OR INSTALL WINDOWS XP.

Eddie Arrowsmith

Sep 14, 2001, 2:50:40 AM9/14/01
Mmmm.. I've never experienced anything like that with mine, my XP runs like
a dream and is great improvement on win98SE, ME and 2K.

regards

eddie

"newton" <nb...@angelfire.com> wrote in message

J. Allen

Sep 14, 2001, 2:52:32 AM9/14/01
Must be user error (inability to follow directions). I just upgraded my
system today to an Asus P4T P4 1.5 with 512 mb of RDRAM. 18 seconds to boot
from post. Please post your computer specs. I have a feeling you have some
outdated crappy hardware. Do you have a 7200 RPM ATA 100 harddrive? 32mb+
video card? 256 MB of Ram (or more). Is your bios setup correctly? Do you
actually know how to troubleshoot a computer system?
Or you could go troll somewhere else.

Steve Jobz

Sep 14, 2001, 2:56:01 AM9/14/01
Having a bad day, Bunkie?

Proves the old adage: Never give a pig a wristwatch.

firebrand

Sep 14, 2001, 3:02:00 AM9/14/01
do a clean install, don't upgrade, before you can judge an OS. The fact that
you were using ME says alot :)

John Vilnis

Sep 14, 2001, 3:03:48 AM9/14/01
On 13 Sep 2001 23:39:28 -0700, newton wrote:

Hmmmmmm. Funnily enough it only took 55 minutes to install onto my
5400rpm HD with a 733Mhz Celeron cpu for me. I only used 1.3Gb for the
total install and I haven't had a crash with it at all.

It boots up faster than my copy of Win2K and I haven't run across a
program that doesn't run yet. I have found a couple of games that
don't like it though.

I haven't had any problems burning CD's with it at all.

Now this operating system may not be perfect but then there is no
perfect system out there.

It is a personal choice so if you don't like it don't use it.

J.

jvi...@bigpond.net.au

Doc

Sep 14, 2001, 3:52:33 AM9/14/01
> It is way slower than WinME and Win98, eats 1.8 GByte hard disk,

It may be a little slower than either of those, but it doesnt crash..unlike
98!

> comsumes 50 minutes to install on 1 GHz Athlon. It is a lie

Sounds like your hardware has a problem. Most likely badly installed by
someone who doesnt know anything about hardware.

> that it boots faster than Win98 and WinME. It froze my system

20 seconds from turning the power on to using the desktop.

> so many times which never happened before with Win98 or WinME.

Havent had one crash yet.

> Softwares do not run on this dinosaur, including their own Internet

Everything runs, including 3d modelling software and my development tools.

> Explorer 6 shit. It has a crappy CD-burner software, which is
> useless but will block your way. It has much more control on

The CD writing software is a free BONUS.. its not meant to replace full
featured software. I suppose you use Wordpad instead of a word processor??

> your system, you need to put considerate time to clean up all the mess.
> I am not sure if I could completely get rid off them.

Obviously you know *nothing* about computers, so you definately shouldnt be
installing an operating system.

Steve Walker - NG

Sep 14, 2001, 3:58:48 AM9/14/01
I cannot agree more, with dully supported hardware and a clean install I can
get from cold power on to a desktop in 24 seconds (with fast ram count) on a
1.2G AMD and 512RAM, KT7a so I guess your hardware is crap and you should
either upgrade it or not install something your machine cannot run without
issues.

You also omit to say what your WinME ram like? Probably a bloated load of
crap :-)

I am much happier with XP and 2K AND it installed in 40mins on my machine at
work and just over that at home on a very similar spec machine.

Steve

Pugwash

Sep 14, 2001, 4:07:58 AM9/14/01
Based on your recommendation I shall not buy WinXP - errr no! I got on the
early trial programme and found out for myself that my hardware is just
fine!! Long install time is the norm for WinNT based OS's, 1.8 GB is a drop
in the ocean now if that is the correct figure, and I use hibernate so much
it shuts down and starts up great.

Nobody

Sep 14, 2001, 4:23:25 AM9/14/01

The problem you have is a simple one, known as PIBCAK.

"Problem Is Between Chair And Keyboard"

//|( o )( o)|\\ - oo^^axiouS^^oo

Sep 14, 2001, 4:26:50 AM9/14/01
Well, as I always say when I see people who have quite clearly NOT used xp
PROPERLY.....

Mine works! :-) LOL

Shaun

Sep 14, 2001, 4:30:51 AM9/14/01
You obviously don't know what you're doing. Please, don't bother posting
such garbage based on your inabilities.

//|( o )( o)|\\ - oo^^axiouS^^oo

Sep 14, 2001, 4:52:27 AM9/14/01
Here here ;)
I think xp is the best thing since sliced bread ;)

Minotaur

Sep 14, 2001, 4:56:42 AM9/14/01

Your a troll or a very dumb user... buy a Macintosh!

Bill Gaytz

Sep 14, 2001, 5:53:49 AM9/14/01
Yes you are 100% correct YOU should not install Windows XP on YOUR machine,
because the XP stands for eXPerience which YOU obviously LACK

Bill Gaytz

Mark Stevens

Sep 14, 2001, 5:54:37 AM9/14/01
On Fri, 14 Sep 2001 00:52:32 -0600, "J. Allen"
<jalle...@starband.net> wrote:

>Must be user error (inability to follow directions). I just upgraded my
>system today to an Asus P4T P4 1.5 with 512 mb of RDRAM. 18 seconds to boot
>from post. Please post your computer specs. I have a feeling you have some
>outdated crappy hardware. Do you have a 7200 RPM ATA 100 harddrive? 32mb+
>video card? 256 MB of Ram (or more). Is your bios setup correctly? Do you
>actually know how to troubleshoot a computer system?

This guy's definitely a troll.

Even on my pathetically sub-par system (P3-550, 128Mb RAM, DMA/66 hard
drives), WinXP RC2 runs much faster than WinME on the same system and
boots from post in about 30 seconds.

I'll have upgraded before the time WinXP's released, but in the mean
time I'm glad I've got RC2 installed and have only had to go back to
WinME for 3dfx support when I need a gaming fix.

--
Mark Stevens
http://www.insertdisc.com/

Bob S

Sep 14, 2001, 6:50:53 AM9/14/01
I'll agree with the peanut gallerry. My XP runs great.

KEVIN

Sep 14, 2001, 8:13:31 AM9/14/01
I have it running on two machines now and works
great!

I do believe it is a bit of a resource hog, but
not any slower than 98 and much more stable that
ME. I didn't use win2000 as it didn't support
some of my software but XP does.

"newton" <nb...@angelfire.com> wrote in message
om...

Randall Dean Lind

Sep 14, 2001, 9:15:05 AM9/14/01
On my Athlon 600 it took close to 60-70 mintues. Once install it boot
faster and runs better then 98se.

No drivers like always for the Hollywood Plus decoder card. I was
surprise that their win2k drivers worked which made me happy. I did
after 4 day started having Internet problems with my Reltek it is over
now since I installed the W2k drivers.

All in all Winxp is a big improvement over 98. In 98 I had nothing but
resources problem. reboot I would be at 60%. WinXP has not crash here.

On Fri, 14 Sep 2001 07:03:48 GMT, John Vilnis <jvi...@bigpond.net.au>

Josh

Sep 14, 2001, 10:52:05 AM9/14/01
My experiences with Windows 2000 Pro Sp-2 are more postive than with one
month of Windows XP build 2600. I'm glad I restored my Win2k system and I'll
propably give WinXP a try again after some service packs, although I will
never get used to this science fiction style interface, that can only be
partly changed. Not to mention all these blurry icons everywhere you go....

StLBluesFan

Sep 14, 2001, 11:05:23 AM9/14/01
Umm, I'm guessing you're going to post and run.

SDSL reser

Sep 14, 2001, 11:53:03 AM9/14/01
I agree to bloated software like the built-in CD burner. Its pretty crappy
and takes up valuable space and install time. The windows media player
however I like..

And what takes up a lot of space is your "DLL Hell" solution. It has a
backup of all the systemfiles in case of any program overwriting it.

The shared DLL system has always been a bad idea of saving disc space, now
in the end we end up loosing a lot just to rectify the problem.

M Millar

Sep 14, 2001, 12:43:17 PM9/14/01
Eh, why not just get a PSX, MUCH MUCH easier.

--
Regards

M Millar
ICQ: 59367262

craig5320

Sep 14, 2001, 1:33:59 PM9/14/01
Fraid not.

I have indepth first hand experience from 3.1 to Me and NT, 2000
and i've got say that XP is excellent improvement, no crashes, no problems,
runs all my software including games, no problems with any harddware (even
Me had problems with my Home NIC, but not XP).
It's faster, smoother and downright impressive.

I think it should be taken on a case by case basis though.

But this is one case that says go XP!!

Craig

TomH

Sep 14, 2001, 1:55:13 PM9/14/01
so why'd you use xp to post the message... are you the very dumb user?

"Minotaur" <ant...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Walkndude

Sep 14, 2001, 2:18:31 PM9/14/01
I totally agree Craig. I have also ran every OS since OS2/Warp and XP
definitely takes the cake. I am pleased that MS has done it up right this
time although I had no major complaints about 2k..

"craig5320" <crai...@ntlworld.com> wrote in message

mike O

Sep 14, 2001, 3:33:33 PM9/14/01
My Winxp pro is great!!!!
no problems with it at all!!

i love it
mike
"Snow Dog" <snow...@somewhere.invalid> wrote in message
> `Eddie Arrowsmith' wrote:
>
> : Mmmm.. I've never experienced anything like that with mine, my XP runs

like
> : a dream and is great improvement on win98SE, ME and 2K.

> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>
> GUFFAW! That's not saying very much. We've been hearing the same thing
> since late 1995.
>
> : regards

> :
> : eddie
> :
> :
> : "newton" <nb...@angelfire.com> wrote in message
> : news:29b8b65a.01091...@posting.google.com...
> :> It is way slower than WinME and Win98, eats 1.8 GByte hard disk,
> :> comsumes 50 minutes to install on 1 GHz Athlon. It is a lie
> :> that it boots faster than Win98 and WinME. It froze my system
> :> so many times which never happened before with Win98 or WinME.
> :> Softwares do not run on this dinosaur, including their own Internet
> :> Explorer 6 shit. It has a crappy CD-burner software, which is
> :> useless but will block your way. It has much more control on
> :> your system, you need to put considerate time to clean up all the mess.
> :> I am not sure if I could completely get rid off them.
> :> It will just make your life hell, and going back to WinME is not easy.
> :>
> :> BE WARNED, DO NOT BUY OR INSTALL WINDOWS XP.

> :
> :
>

> --
> Snow Dog

Just-For-Fun

Sep 14, 2001, 5:15:54 PM9/14/01
Sounds like a troll to me. My machine runs fine with xp. No crashes
here.

Josh

Sep 14, 2001, 6:24:54 PM9/14/01

> My Winxp pro is great!!!!
> no problems with it at all!!

Why don't you use your system?

Josh

Sep 14, 2001, 6:33:23 PM9/14/01

I just wonder why Win2k sp2 gave me less headaches than Windows XP. It all
starts well in the beginning; runs fast, no crashes, nothing.
But then: problem with Zonealarm (latest version), active ports (latest
version), switching users (black screen with cursor), gravitity latest
version (no connection possible), ICQ wich behaved differently. I went back
to Win2000 sp2 and the same programs work again without any problems.

I will wait until the first servicepacks have arrived...

markkemp

Sep 14, 2001, 7:15:35 PM9/14/01
The problem is obviously between the chair and the keyboard...

Kelvin B.

Sep 14, 2001, 7:54:52 PM9/14/01
Just out of curiosity, how do you know Minotaur used Windows XP to post?

-------------------------------

"TomH" <m...@cpugeni.com> wrote:

> so why'd you use xp to post the message... are
> you the very dumb user?

RedDragon

Sep 15, 2001, 11:17:05 AM9/15/01
You have a connection error between the keyboard and chair.
sounds a lot like the ID.10.T error.

Clif

Sep 15, 2001, 3:03:41 PM9/15/01
I have a C64 I'll sell him. Nah! He'd probably screw that up too.

--

Clif Holcomb
Nashville, TN

Andrew Barbaro

Sep 15, 2001, 3:58:25 PM9/15/01

"newton" <nb...@angelfire.com> wrote in message
> It is way slower than WinME and Win98, eats 1.8 GByte hard disk,
> comsumes 50 minutes to install on 1 GHz Athlon. It is a lie
> that it boots faster than Win98 and WinME. It froze my system
> so many times which never happened before with Win98 or WinME.
> Softwares do not run on this dinosaur, including their own Internet
> Explorer 6 shit. It has a crappy CD-burner software, which is
> useless but will block your way. It has much more control on
> your system, you need to put considerate time to clean up all the mess.
> I am not sure if I could completely get rid off them.
> It will just make your life hell, and going back to WinME is not easy.
>
> BE WARNED, DO NOT BUY OR INSTALL WINDOWS XP.

In my opinion, and no offence whatsover is intended:

You have installed it over a 2 year old copy of Windows 98. Your previous
operating system has spent that 2 years having installations,
uninstallations, putting on AV software, taking it off, crammed it full of
games and utilities and then

installed XP. It took ages to install. It pushed the upgrade to XP side to
the limits. It's a miricle it finished at all but I bet you had to power
down a few times when things stopped.

But you're there now. It's working. Just.

Try again. FDISK etc and boot from a CD.

Regards

Andrew.

newton

Sep 15, 2001, 9:45:13 PM9/15/01
I was just writing an important document and the system froze on me.
It was three paragraph, so I can put it together again. But, I am
really pissed.

I got a IBM NetVista P4 system with 256 RDRAM, that's why I upgraded
to WindowsXP. I was under the very wrong impression that Windows XP
would run better. I installed both with upgrade and clean install,
there is no difference. I will switch back to WinME today or tomorrow,
as soon as I find time.

I forgot to add the same bizarre behaviour some of you observed, it
takes hell a lot long time to shut down the system.

I use Win2K at work, and it never crashed on me, although it is slower
than Win98 and WinME. I would prefer Win2K over WinXP, but again Win2K
has compatibility problems with the softwares I use at home. I used
Linux, Solaris, Be, Win95/98/ME/2K/XP. As you see, I have some
experience, maybe more than most of you.

One of you said it took 40 minutes to install WinXP, WinME takes 20
minutes to install, Win98 is even shorter. I do not know why you are
mocking me.

I never got problem launching 3-4 DOS boxes at a time. The only
problem I used to see a few times is DOS box was creating problem with
32-bit applications.

I used as many as 320MB RAM on Win98, what are you talking about?

I am not lying, do you people work for Microsoft? You know what I am
saying is right.

smallwonders-99

Sep 15, 2001, 9:57:17 PM9/15/01
I'm sorry, but that is just nuts! If you are having that much trouble
with XP the problem is either you or your computer. And my simple proof is
this. I have a modest system 750mghz athlon 256mb ram nothin fancy, generic
parts, and NO professional training. Installation of windows XP as an
upgrade from ME took about 24 minutes no snags crashes locks or anything
else. All I had to do was install updated/Win2000 drivers.
The only time my computer ever locked up was when I got a virus wich
was extremely rare and only happened when downloading a large volume of
stuff from the internet because I run and maintain nortan antivirus. I
don't mean to flame, but people need to learn how to maintain their
computers and drivers before they bad mouth computer and software
manufacturers. If you were to install on a cleanly formatted harddrive, say
WinME for example, there are over 2 hours of downloads before it is patched
and ready to go. (56k) Add drivers you're talking a solid 3 hours before
you've got it all patched.
Before you flame a company that makes a quality product you should
make sure you aren't the root of the problem.
"RedDragon" <red...@Not4U.com> wrote in message

Casca

Sep 16, 2001, 12:41:27 AM9/16/01

I'll never understand why ANYONE would upgrade. That is just asking
for trouble. There is no way an upgrade would be just as fast or
efficient as a clean install. If you don't want to format and install
from a freshly formatted hard drive, at least move all your important
documents, saved files, etc., to another drive or a safe folder,
delete the windows, program files directory from the hard drive, wipe
out the system files from the root, and then install from the cd.
I would like someone to tell me why they'd upgrade rather than a clean
install.

willywonka

Sep 16, 2001, 6:05:59 AM9/16/01

Upgrading is fine as long as the folks that are doing it don't fucking
complain about the problems that arise when they do.

Daykin

Sep 16, 2001, 7:18:57 AM9/16/01
interesting, ive been using corporate edition for 1 1/2 mnths now, and no
problems, aside frmo the fact that admittedly, yes, it is quite resource
hungry......i have not experienced problems similar to the ones you describe

What is your system specs ?

Daykin

Sep 16, 2001, 7:24:48 AM9/16/01
jusdt a tad slower than previous m$ offerings
"//|( o )( o)|\\ - oo^^axiouS^^oo" <ma...@idontwann.com> wrote in message
> Here here ;)
> I think xp is the best thing since sliced bread ;)

Andrew Barbaro

Sep 16, 2001, 9:43:31 AM9/16/01

> Upgrading is fine as long as the folks that are doing it don't fucking
> complain about the problems that arise when they do.

Word!

Josh

Sep 16, 2001, 12:05:52 PM9/16/01

> interesting, ive been using corporate edition for 1 1/2 mnths now, and no
> problems, aside frmo the fact that admittedly, yes, it is quite resource
> hungry......i have not experienced problems similar to the ones you
describe

That doesn't mean that others can't have these problems

Stuart Harper

Sep 16, 2001, 12:10:34 PM9/16/01
"Josh" <jfie...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> That doesn't mean that others can't have these problems

It doesn't but the original poster seemed to think that everyone who claimed XP
worked well was lying and/or working for Microsoft.

--
Stuart Harper
Associate Expert

craig5320

Sep 16, 2001, 4:42:07 PM9/16/01
This is one long post tree!!

"Stuart Harper" <stuart...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Lonewolf

Sep 16, 2001, 6:22:47 PM9/16/01
All you have to do is go back to normal interface through Display

> My experiences with Windows 2000 Pro Sp-2 are more postive than with one
> month of Windows XP build 2600. I'm glad I restored my Win2k system and
I'll
> propably give WinXP a try again after some service packs, although I will
> never get used to this science fiction style interface, that can only be
> partly changed. Not to mention all these blurry icons everywhere you
go....

oetrenoe

Sep 16, 2001, 3:34:20 PM9/16/01
On Sun, 16 Sep 2001 18:09:48 GMT, snow...@somewhere.invalid (Snow
Dog) wrote:

>`Casca' wrote:
>
>: I'll never understand why ANYONE would upgrade.

it works perfect!!!!!
even my scanjet 5p works!

Carl Nimitz

Sep 16, 2001, 7:20:45 PM9/16/01

> All you have to do is go back to normal interface through Display

Hey, I'm NOT stupid! I know that. But the fact is, that it only changes part
of the interface, I'm still stuck with ugly blurry system icons everywhere,
that I need to replace by hand

newton

Sep 17, 2001, 5:37:13 AM9/17/01
I switched back to WinME, life is simpler. If you search Windows XP
on Google, you will find lots of complaints. Anyway, I just wanted
to warn others. When people start using it extensively, we will
figure out who is right.

Casca

Sep 17, 2001, 8:13:25 AM9/17/01

Well, I've used it extensively. Everything I used with ME/2000 works
fine with it. In fact, I'm putting programs on I seldom used that gave
me trouble with 2000...they work fine.
CD-burning programs work, games work. I've a simple setup....only
cards in there are an intel nic card, aiw radeon, built in sound on an
intel mobo.
Maybe I'm just one of the lucky ones.
Of COURSE there will be complaints. There are a lot of people who have
no idea how to use their computer and are constantly fiddling with
things they shouldnt. User errors, most likely.
I'm not saying the os is absolutely 100% perfect. I think compared to
MS's previous operating systems, this is the best and most perfect out
of them all.

Pascal Bouquet

Sep 17, 2001, 8:22:24 AM9/17/01
Hello all ! I've got an urge dilemma... Windows XP runs well but slowly on
my aptiva 500 Mhz and WinMe runs speedly but is crashing after a night of
downloading files... So what to do !..... that's my problem... ;o) I can't
buy a new pc soon !!!
--
Pascal Bouquet
www.pascalbouquet.com
"Casca" <ca...@spear.com> a écrit dans le message de news:
3rpbqt8e0bhrmc4r4...@4ax.com...

craig5320

Sep 17, 2001, 4:59:51 PM9/17/01
Thread is Spun on machines,

The original spinning machines were called Spinning Jennies,

Spinning Jennies were made of Wood

Wood comes from a TREE!

Go Figure!

"Snow Dog" <--==SnOw--DoG==-...@somewhere.invalid> wrote in message
> `craig5320' wrote:
>
> : This is one long post tree!!
>
> It is called a "THREAD", my dear. Here, this'll help you understand
> Usenet; <URL:http://www.faqs.org/usenet> .
>
> --
> Snow Dog

Pascal Bouquet

Sep 18, 2001, 4:53:28 AM9/18/01
You've really nothing else to do ? think of WAR, this is with some kind of
things that they begin... well I return to work ! ;o)

--
Pascal Bouquet
www.pascalbouquet.com
"craig5320" <crai...@ntlworld.com> a écrit dans le message de news:
dvtp7.16583$QV4.3...@news11-gui.server.ntli.net...

newton

Sep 18, 2001, 3:27:59 PM9/18/01
Who the fuck you are? I followed up my post. If you were not bought
by Microsoft, you would be decent enought to notice there are so many
problems reported related to Windows XP.

WinME boots in 30 secs, WinXP boots in 70 secs on PIII 750Mhz 320MB RAM.
You prove me wrong, or otherwise shut the fuck up. Looser! How much
Microsoft stock do you own?

Here is someone's hanging problem:
>> When I upgrade from Win ME to XP the comp restarts, presents the winxp
>> Abit KT7A WW bios (suspicious about the mobo, anyone else successful
>> with it?)
>> Athlon 1.4 Ghz
>> Abit Geforce 2 mx g card
>> 256mb Corsair PC150 ram
>> 8 gig crappy Seagate HD

Here is someone's pain using WinXP:

"StLBluesFan" <danbro...@swbell.net> wrote in message news:<uyiZ86SPBHA.1764@tkmsftngp05>...
> Umm, I'm guessing you're going to post and run.

newton

Sep 18, 2001, 3:31:52 PM9/18/01
Eat my dick, if you like WinXP so much, shuffle it to
your ass. Deny my remarks with proofs mother fucker.
I thought Mac users were the cult. I am glad my
work does not rely to any OS. Windows, Mac, Linux, Be
are all shit.

Steve Jobz <x...@y.com> wrote in message news:<r7a3qtsaov75m0rub...@4ax.com>...
> Having a bad day, Bunkie?
>
> Proves the old adage: Never give a pig a wristwatch.

Nick Le Lievre

Sep 18, 2001, 3:41:19 PM9/18/01
All of these problems can be regarding as trivial - most can be put down to
upgrading machines that weren`t totally compatible or installing programs,
drivers that aren`t recommended.

WinXP is a great operating system it combines the best of WinME with the
best of Windows 2000 and adds new and for once usefull features and then
there`s messenger - I think I`ll stick with ICQ.

Just my $ 215.83 cents

Nick Le Lievre

Sep 18, 2001, 3:45:26 PM9/18/01

> Eat my dick,

No Thanks

if you like WinXP so much, shuffle it to
> your ass.

Again No Thanks

Deny my remarks with proofs mother fucker.

I don`t deny your a poof

> I thought Mac users were the cult. I am glad my
> work does not rely to any OS. Windows, Mac, Linux, Be
> are all shit.

If your happy using DOS then fuck you.

C@bleguy

Sep 18, 2001, 4:19:18 PM9/18/01
Steve Ballmer voor President......saluut!!!!!!!!

viva XP

On Tue, 18 Sep 2001 20:45:26 +0100, "Nick Le Lievre" <nl...@ecosse.net>

Natalie

Sep 18, 2001, 5:08:05 PM9/18/01
what the fuck is wrong with you? are you mentally retarded, or do you just
like acting like it? if you CAN'T setup your computer to work properly, then
don't have a sook about the OS to other people, and you know if you keep
doing that, then you're gonna get bitch slapped, you ever said that shit to
me i'd bitch slap you. And your "experience" which i must add is soooo
superb, im thinking either you're 12, or you're new to this, yes i count
someone who has been using Windows ONLY from '95 as being new. Why not
install Windows 3.1 better yet find a copy of Gem, get that fucker running
(or get your mummy to help you install it) and you wont have to worry about
your slow bootup times, cause it'll boot in about 15 seconds.

Natalie

Ethan McKay

Sep 18, 2001, 5:11:20 PM9/18/01
Newton;

Would you mind using English in your next tantrum?

Ethan

Richard

Sep 18, 2001, 5:22:38 PM9/18/01
With an attitude like that newton, maybe you can go get a job with bin
aladin?

Nick Le Lievre

Sep 18, 2001, 5:34:40 PM9/18/01
Here Here and I`d just like to stick up for Microsoft whilst I`m about it.

Microsoft work hard to improve technology which will ultimately improve our
productivity and indeed lives. They spend a lot of time and indeed money
doing the donkey`s work of either writing drivers or working closely with
the many many hundreds if not thousands of manufacturers for what is a huge
backlog of hardware in order to get drivers incorporated into the latest
operating system as standard.

Some companies however go out of business are impossible to find or just
have not yet got round to assisting Microsoft in writing drivers for their
new operating system some will never as they don`t have the resources to do
so - when you buy hardware one factor must always be support a $2 network
card from a 2 bit company probably won`t have XP drivers out at launch or
indeed at all - but if it isn`t supported Microsoft compatibility program
will give you fair warning.

Microsoft have done very well in XP better than ever before my laptop now
has all drivers included as standard 98/2000/ME required downloads from HP`s
site.

All this and you get idiots who blame Microsoft when after ignoring warnings
there system doesn`t work right.

Ones that
"Natalie" <p...@optushome.com.au> wrote in message

Shy Writer \( Gregarious Zeitgeist in Verbiage \) ©

Sep 18, 2001, 6:21:06 PM9/18/01

Do you kiss your mother with that mouth??? *plonk*

Lonewolf

Sep 18, 2001, 7:56:42 PM9/18/01
Wood floats
Ducks float
Therefore ducks must be made of wood

Michael Wolf

Sep 18, 2001, 10:01:35 PM9/18/01
Is the below some sort of decoy?

Lonewolf <belv...@bigpond.net.au> wrote in message

Ivan Smith

Sep 18, 2001, 10:46:26 PM9/18/01

"Nick Le Lievre" <nl...@ecosse.net> wrote in message

> All of these problems can be regarding as trivial - most can be put down
> upgrading machines that weren`t totally compatible or installing programs,
> drivers that aren`t recommended.
>
> WinXP is a great operating system it combines the best of WinME with the
> best of Windows 2000 and adds new and for once usefull features and then
> there`s messenger - I think I`ll stick with ICQ.

Well I hate it. I hate the way it works and I hate the way it looks - The
interface is a digusting piece of OS-X wannabe crap IMO.

Talk about losing control of the machine.

I'm sticking to Win2000 thanks.

Ivan

Sir_George

Sep 18, 2001, 10:52:52 PM9/18/01
Ivan Smith:

Thank you for sharing.

Sir_George

Marvin da Martian

Sep 18, 2001, 11:22:33 PM9/18/01
obviously u know jack shit about windows product line ... winXp boot time
has improved consideraby for users who are using win2000 which obviously u
havent used b4. Feel free to continue to use the less stable n crash prone
windows

As for those who dont like the look .. u can simply switch to classic
windows look n dont worry about the luna.

craig5320

Sep 19, 2001, 6:52:17 AM9/19/01
Swans Swim with ducks
Swan Lake Is a ballet
Ballet should be pronounces Bal -et
Bal-et sounds like Ballot

Morgoth

Sep 19, 2001, 7:07:10 AM9/19/01
You're only losing control because you fail to maintain control - try using
it more before flaming it.

Admittedly you have to take off the "fur coat and frilly knickers" before it
begins to look more like an OS rather than some games console Front End -
but it's worth it.

As for the comment by Nick about combining the best bits of ME and win2k -
erm didn't know there were any redeeming features of ME ?

robert.brooks1

Sep 19, 2001, 7:47:12 AM9/19/01
Surely trees are made of duck?

--
Regards,
Bob

"craig5320" <crai...@ntlworld.com> wrote in message

Morgoth

Sep 19, 2001, 8:12:41 AM9/19/01
hehe :)

"Ethan McKay" <emc...@san.rr.com> wrote in message

Nick Le Lievre

Sep 19, 2001, 8:52:35 AM9/19/01
I was thinking of Movie Maker a free way to make small movies.

"Morgoth" <cogda...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

W.C. Fields

Sep 19, 2001, 10:29:30 AM9/19/01

> Would you mind using English in your next tantrum?

Typical American act, correcting the English of a foreigner who speaks more
languages than you will ever be capable of to learn...

W.C. Fields

Sep 19, 2001, 10:30:22 AM9/19/01

> hehe :)

Weird sense of humor you have

W.C. Fields

Sep 19, 2001, 10:31:22 AM9/19/01

> Do you kiss your mother with that mouth??? *plonk*

"Plonk"......hahahahaha now that's humor, as if he really cares man
hahahahahahahahaha

craig5320

Sep 19, 2001, 3:07:15 PM9/19/01
That depends would that be a duck tree? or just a bog standard paper tree?

"robert.brooks1" <robert....@ntlworld.com> wrote in message

Lonewolf

Sep 20, 2001, 3:33:07 AM9/20/01
They used to burn witches, wood burns, does that mean witches were wooded?
Steve

"craig5320" <crai...@ntlworld.com> wrote in message

craig5320

Sep 20, 2001, 9:12:34 AM9/20/01
You get wooden horses

Therefore wood must be would

"Lonewolf" <belv...@bigpond.net.au> wrote in message

FreedomNad

Sep 20, 2001, 12:37:38 PM9/20/01
I've got wood! (Sorry. The things that amaze an old man. LOL)

"craig5320" <crai...@ntlworld.com> wrote in message

Julian S Visch

Sep 20, 2001, 7:13:35 PM9/20/01
In article <edThSePPBHA.2080@tkmsftngp05>, "Shaun" <sh...@haha.nope.com> writes:
|> You obviously don't know what you're doing. Please, don't bother posting
|> such garbage based on your inabilities.

Seems to me that you are all blaming him, OSs these days should be easy to
install, so why isn't it?
They should be able to handle new and old hardware, clearly it isn't.

--
Julian Visch
Email: j.v...@inet.net.nz

Julian S Visch

Sep 20, 2001, 7:28:29 PM9/20/01
In article <29b8b65a.01091...@posting.google.com>, nb...@angelfire.com (newton) writes:
|> I switched back to WinME, life is simpler. If you search Windows XP
|> on Google, you will find lots of complaints. Anyway, I just wanted
|> to warn others. When people start using it extensively, we will
|> figure out who is right.

I have read the same, but people here seem over defensive.

Julian S Visch

Sep 20, 2001, 7:26:06 PM9/20/01
In article <h3b8qtkf4ignk6t28...@4ax.com>, Casca <ca...@spear.com> writes:

|> I'll never understand why ANYONE would upgrade. That is just asking
|> for trouble. There is no way an upgrade would be just as fast or
|> efficient as a clean install. If you don't want to format and install
|> from a freshly formatted hard drive, at least move all your important
|> documents, saved files, etc., to another drive or a safe folder,
|> delete the windows, program files directory from the hard drive, wipe
|> out the system files from the root, and then install from the cd.
|> I would like someone to tell me why they'd upgrade rather than a clean
|> install.

Because some of us do a lot of configuration and we don't want to go through
the process each release hence we just upgrade.

Julian S Visch

Sep 20, 2001, 7:24:14 PM9/20/01
In article <eIoy0LlPBHA.1868@tkmsftngp05>, "smallwonders-99" <smallwo...@email.msn.com> writes:
|> I'm sorry, but that is just nuts! If you are having that much trouble
|> with XP the problem is either you or your computer. And my simple proof is
|> this. I have a modest system 750mghz athlon 256mb ram nothin fancy, generic
|> parts, and NO professional training. Installation of windows XP as an
|> upgrade from ME took about 24 minutes no snags crashes locks or anything
|> else. All I had to do was install updated/Win2000 drivers.

Sounds to me like if you use generic parts you are fine but if you don't
you are stuffed.

Julian S Visch

Sep 20, 2001, 7:20:33 PM9/20/01
In article <upOo7.7245$QV4.2...@news11-gui.server.ntli.net>, "Andrew Barbaro" <abarbaro@gee em ex.net> writes:
|> You have installed it over a 2 year old copy of Windows 98. Your previous
|> operating system has spent that 2 years having installations,
|> uninstallations, putting on AV software, taking it off, crammed it full of
|> games and utilities and then
|>
|> installed XP. It took ages to install. It pushed the upgrade to XP side to
|> the limits. It's a miricle it finished at all but I bet you had to power
|> down a few times when things stopped.

None of that should matter, with linux you can upgrade with no problem.

|> But you're there now. It's working. Just.
|>
|> Try again. FDISK etc and boot from a CD.

In other words MS did a poor job.

Natalie

Sep 20, 2001, 10:37:39 PM9/20/01
You shouldn't be using a computer if you can't install Windows, cause really
what do you have to do? boot from the cdrom and answer questions a 10 year
old can answer.

Natalie

"Julian S Visch" <mat...@math.canterbury.ac.nz> wrote in message

Natalie

Sep 20, 2001, 10:39:48 PM9/20/01
Am I the only one that notices that ME must be the least used OS that
Microsoft has ever brought out?

Natalie

"Julian S Visch" <mat...@math.canterbury.ac.nz> wrote in message

Chris

Sep 21, 2001, 5:36:22 AM9/21/01
No, I'm sure Microsoft has noticed it too. ;-)

Chris

> Am I the only one that notices that ME must be the least used OS that
> Microsoft has ever brought out?

---

Natalie

Sep 21, 2001, 8:58:11 AM9/21/01
oh good =) i thought i'd been in some weird dimension where people actually
"liked" Windows ME, i was starting to think about buying up canned food and
living under my bed for 10 years

Natalie

"Chris" <ch...@betcher.org> wrote in message

arryboy

Sep 21, 2001, 9:07:18 AM9/21/01
Ballot sounds like Bollocks!

radical dragon

Sep 21, 2001, 12:30:11 PM9/21/01
Hi Natalie,

> You shouldn't be using a computer if you can't install Windows, cause
really
> what do you have to do? boot from the cdrom and answer questions a 10 year
> old can answer.
Up until the time XP finds something its not been programmed to cope with,
then its everyman/woman for themselves:-) Not everyone in the world either
has all the latest kit or lives in the USA.. Both of which can cause upsets
to users just putting the cd in their drives and answering number, rank and
name:-)

And if users 'chose' the upgrade path, it doesnt always work 100%.. although
thats hardly surprising:-)
I fail to see why some people just 'have' to believe that nothing done by
Miscrosoft is ever faulty or slighty screwed up.. A quick look at why MS
update actually exists will tell them that even MS know that NOONE ever
gets it 100% right 100% of the time.. If people have problems then why
shouldnt they have a moan, if nothing else they probably feel better
afterwards:-)
Cheers,
RD

LarC

Sep 22, 2001, 9:35:16 AM9/22/01
On Fri, 21 Sep 2001 17:30:11 +0100, "radical dragon"
<dra...@dragonland.co.uk> pondered exceedingly, then took quill in
hand and composed:

>I fail to see why some people just 'have' to believe that nothing done by

>Miscrosoft is ever faulty or slighty screwed up...

They are actually droids! But other OS makers have their droids too.
There are Mac droids, Linux droids and there are even OS2 droids.

Since droids are programmed and really can't think for themselves, it
is usually best to ignore them. ;-)

Larc

งงง - To reply by e-mail, please remove "r" from rnc - งงง

Peter & Emma

Sep 23, 2001, 12:09:21 PM9/23/01
I'm English, and frankly, that sentence is an affront to all people who
speak the language, American or otherwise. "...ever be capable of to
learn..."? How old are you?

"W.C. Fields" <wcfi...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Peter & Emma

Sep 23, 2001, 12:10:11 PM9/23/01
Exactly.

"Nobody" <jun...@nowhere.invalid> wrote in message
> On 13 Sep 2001 23:39:28 -0700, nb...@angelfire.com (newton) wrote:
>
> >It is way slower than WinME and Win98, eats 1.8 GByte hard disk,
> >comsumes 50 minutes to install on 1 GHz Athlon. It is a lie
> >that it boots faster than Win98 and WinME. It froze my system
> >so many times which never happened before with Win98 or WinME.
> >Softwares do not run on this dinosaur, including their own Internet
> >Explorer 6 shit. It has a crappy CD-burner software, which is
> >useless but will block your way. It has much more control on
> >your system, you need to put considerate time to clean up all the mess.
> >I am not sure if I could completely get rid off them.
> >It will just make your life hell, and going back to WinME is not easy.
> >
> >BE WARNED, DO NOT BUY OR INSTALL WINDOWS XP.
>
> The problem you have is a simple one, known as PIBCAK.
>
> "Problem Is Between Chair And Keyboard"

Peter & Emma

Sep 23, 2001, 12:13:15 PM9/23/01
What's your gfx card and monitor? Have you got 'smooth' icons and text on?
You cannot slate an OS for having blurry icons... can you?

"Carl Nimitz" <cni...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> > All you have to do is go back to normal interface through Display
>
> Hey, I'm NOT stupid! I know that. But the fact is, that it only changes
part
> of the interface, I'm still stuck with ugly blurry system icons
everywhere,
> that I need to replace by hand

Peter & Emma

Sep 23, 2001, 12:14:25 PM9/23/01
Boots in over a minute? You computer has some conflict or other problem. XP
boots faster than all previous OS, based on same properly configured
hardware.

"newton" <nb...@angelfire.com> wrote in message

> Who the fuck you are? I followed up my post. If you were not bought
> by Microsoft, you would be decent enought to notice there are so many
> problems reported related to Windows XP.
>
> WinME boots in 30 secs, WinXP boots in 70 secs on PIII 750Mhz 320MB RAM.
> You prove me wrong, or otherwise shut the fuck up. Looser! How much
> Microsoft stock do you own?
>
> Here is someone's hanging problem:
> >> When I upgrade from Win ME to XP the comp restarts, presents the winxp
> >> Abit KT7A WW bios (suspicious about the mobo, anyone else successful
> >> with it?)
> >> Athlon 1.4 Ghz
> >> Abit Geforce 2 mx g card
> >> 256mb Corsair PC150 ram
> >> 8 gig crappy Seagate HD
>
> Here is someone's pain using WinXP:
> > But Booting from either a cold/warm boot was like sitting in a doctors
> > waiting room boringly slow. It would take about 2 full mins sometimes
> > slightly more to get from p.o.s.t screen to desktop, is this normal ?
> > I've had to uninstall and go back to Win ME (which has no problem)as
> > XP to umbridge at either the driver or my Asus Geforce2 Gts gfx card
> > (probably driver as it was untested by MS) and decided to lock me out.
> > I will look for a alternative driver but I'm reluctant to put it back
> > on because of sloww bootup times. I may even take it back to the shop
> > and tell them they sold me a caput copy.
> >
> > What is a normal bootup time for XP ?
> > My machine is a Asus A7V266 rev 1.06 mobo, 256 mb ddr ram, Duron 900
> > cpu, Asus Geforce 2 Gts gfx card, 30 gig ibm 7200rpm hd so I think
> > that's more than ample to run it.
>

> "StLBluesFan" <danbro...@swbell.net> wrote in message
> > Umm, I'm guessing you're going to post and run.

Mike Noren

Sep 23, 2001, 6:47:34 PM9/23/01
Replying to "Peter & Emma" <emand...@bluewin.ch> :

>> The problem you have is a simple one, known as PIBCAK.
>>
>> "Problem Is Between Chair And Keyboard"

I thought it was SBK. Shit Behind the Keyboard.

Julian S Visch

Sep 23, 2001, 7:56:14 PM9/23/01
In article <TJxq7.1758$98....@news1.rivrw1.nsw.optushome.com.au>, "Natalie" <p...@optushome.com.au> writes:
|> You shouldn't be using a computer if you can't install Windows, cause really
|> what do you have to do? boot from the cdrom and answer questions a 10 year
|> old can answer.
|>
|> Natalie
|>
|> "Julian S Visch" <mat...@math.canterbury.ac.nz> wrote in message
|> posting
|> >
|> > Seems to me that you are all blaming him, OSs these days should be easy to
|> > install, so why isn't it?
|> > They should be able to handle new and old hardware, clearly it isn't.

That only works if your computer adheres to MS standard, if not, you are
screwed.

Nobody

Sep 24, 2001, 2:33:24 AM9/24/01
On Mon, 24 Sep 2001 00:47:34 +0200, Mike Noren <mikemi...@my-dejanews.com>
wrote:

>I thought it was SBK. Shit Behind the Keyboard.

Actually I blew it, its PEBCAK

"Problem Exists Between Chair And Keyboard"
^^^^^^^

Peter & Emma

Sep 24, 2001, 5:13:28 AM9/24/01
It's a One-D-ten-T problem.