Segmentation Faults - What are they?

R.M. Cohen

Jul 3, 1996, 3:00:00 AM7/3/96

Just a quick one from a newbie(ish). I've got a nice Slackware 3.0 based system
being upgraded bit by bit to 2.0 and I've decided that I've had enough of
software dying with Segmentation faults, without telling me any more. I've
searched through the FAQs and HOWTOs without finding anything. WHAT ON EARTH IS
A SEGMENTATION FAULT?????

BTW it's a Cyrix 5x86-100, 12Mb RAM, PCI m/board(new, very nice) if that makes
any difference.

Replies be e-mail if possible

Thanks

Richard Cohen
u5...@csc.liv.ac.uk
http://www.csc.liv.ac.uk/~u5rmc

Down With Micro$oft!!! Down With Intel
Up With Linux!!! Up With (Anybody Who Makes non-Intel Chips)!!!