Seamonkey dead

Vlad_Inhaler

Jun 17, 2009, 11:10:46 AM6/17/09
The most recent mozilla-xulrunner (Seamonkey) update is a total dud.
32-bit *and* 64-bit (two different machines).
Browsing under Seamonkey kills it
Reading mails under Seamonkey kills it as well.
It simply dies without a trace with a segmentation fault.

The 32-bit machine does not have Flash installed.

sigh . . .

Michael Soibelman

Jun 17, 2009, 5:42:07 PM6/17/09
Vlad_Inhaler wrote:

Seems to be you are right. Fired up seamonkey in a terminal and got
messages. Went to google and it worked. But then went to another site and
it crashed. Here's what I got when I first fired up seamonkey:

(gecko:24013): Gtk-WARNING **: GModule
(/usr/lib/gtk-2.0/2.10.0/engines/libclearlooks.so) initialization check
failed: Gtk+ version too old (micro mismatch)

(gecko:24013): Gtk-WARNING **: GModule
(/usr/lib/gtk-2.0/2.10.0/engines/libclearlooks.so) initialization check
failed: Gtk+ version too old (micro mismatch)

(gecko:24013): Gtk-WARNING **: GModule
(/usr/lib/gtk-2.0/2.10.0/engines/libclearlooks.so) initialization check
failed: Gtk+ version too old (micro mismatch)

(gecko:24013): Gtk-WARNING **: GModule
(/usr/lib/gtk-2.0/2.10.0/engines/libclearlooks.so) initialization check
failed: Gtk+ version too old (micro mismatch)

(gecko:24013): atk-bridge-WARNING **: AT_SPI_REGISTRY was not started at
session startup.

(gecko:24013): atk-bridge-WARNING **: IOR not set.

(gecko:24013): atk-bridge-WARNING **: Could not locate registry

Then I went to a second site (with embedded media player from iac music) and
got this:

/usr/bin/seamonkey: line 277: 24013 Segmentation fault $AOSS
$MOZ_PROGRAM $MOZ_LANG

Fortunately I don't often use seamonkey but there does indeed seem to be a
problem(s).

P.S. using gtk2-2.14.4-8.7.1

Vlad_Inhaler

Jun 18, 2009, 10:20:48 AM6/18/09
I fixed it, at least for a while.

Basically I went to the main update Repo and downloaded the rpms from
the previous version.
It refused to allow me to install them (rpm --force -U . . . ) because
there was a mismatch with MozillaFirefox so I kicked *that* out (along
with 1 or 2 related rpms) and then installed it.

Then I put MozillaFirefox back in again. On the 32-bit machine I
could do that with YaST, on the 64-bit machine it wanted to put the
bad mozilla-xulrunner version in again so I had to do it by hand (rpm -
U).

One day later the 32-bit version works fine, the 64-bit version worked
until I foolishly allowed the updater to update MozillaFirefox again.
Instant death for Seamonkey.

Since the 32-bit one is my main machine, I can take my time on getting
the 64-bit system running again. Who knows, a real fix might turn up
in the meantime.