Dell precision 670 and suse 9.1

Charles Prince

Sep 9, 2004, 6:13:55 AM9/9/04
"Cool computer but,"

That's exactly what the SUSE installer first says before you try to
install the o/s.

So I went ahead anyway and things are fine(ish). The first problem I am
trying to address is the crap ATI FireGL V3100 that comes on the board
which SUSE does not support. At best I can get it to run at 1200x1024
mode but not the much wanted 1600x1200 mode. There is no driver for the
card other than FB which does not drive 1600x1200.

Has anyone else come across this video card and managed to get it to work
beyond 1200x1024?

I suspect that answer will be no as I have googled and found nothing but
statements that suggest it will be sorted out later in the year.

I thought I'd ask anyway as you never know until you ask.

TIA,
Pep