swaret strikes again--libcairo.so.2

John Culleton

Feb 15, 2006, 10:11:28 AM2/15/06
I have been upgrading my slackware-current partition by frequent uses of
swaret --upgrade. Now things are failing to work. The current problem is
firefox 1.5.0.1 that wants libcairo.so.2. I don.t find that on any of my
slack partitions. Googling doesn't seem to come up with a download site.

What slackware package should I download to find this item? Or should I
reinstall slack current?

--
John Culleton
Able Indexers and Typesetters

Dominik L. Borkowski

Feb 15, 2006, 10:16:50 AM2/15/06
John Culleton wrote:

> I have been upgrading my slackware-current partition by frequent uses of
> swaret --upgrade. Now things are failing to work. The current problem is
> firefox 1.5.0.1 that wants libcairo.so.2. I don.t find that on any of my
> slack partitions. Googling doesn't seem to come up with a download site.
>
> What slackware package should I download to find this item? Or should I
> reinstall slack current?

good ol' swaret and people relying on it.

from changelog.txt for -current, which you SHOULD read if you use -current:

l/cairo-1.0.2-i486-1.tgz: Added cairo graphics library for GTK+2.

John Culleton

Feb 15, 2006, 10:39:33 AM2/15/06
Dominik L. Borkowski wrote:

OK found it, fixed it, thanks for the hint.

Ib Højme

Feb 17, 2006, 6:45:20 PM2/17/06

I found the sources here :
http://ftp.debian.org/debian/pool/main/libc/libcairo/libcairo_1.0.2.orig.tar.gz
After the usual configure, make and make install, my gaim and eclipse work
again :-)

Best regards

On Wed, 15 Feb 2006 16:11:28 +0100, John Culleton <jo...@wexfordpress.com>

Bradley Reed

Feb 18, 2006, 6:05:45 AM2/18/06

Ib Højme

Feb 19, 2006, 2:30:03 PM2/19/06
On Sat, 18 Feb 2006 12:05:45 +0100, Bradley Reed <re...@compuserve.com>
wrote:

Well, when I initially used (k)swaret with current to upgrade, cairo was
not listed.
But I just checked and there it was :-) Maybe the mirrors I have been
using are a
bit out of date.

Bradley Reed

Feb 20, 2006, 12:53:55 PM2/20/06