Which Windows Manager????

James Garvin

Mar 20, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/20/99

Not to start any flames or stuff like that. I was just wondering which
windows manager is the best. I know kde is popular but its a resource hog,
I currently run fvwm2. Any comments or suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks

******** W A R N I N G ! ******************************************
Linux should not be used by those under the influence of MicroSoft.
May cause dizziness or vertigo. Consult your tech support before
using Linux. (note--after using Linux, you may notice extreme
discomfort when using MicroSoft. Discontinue use of MicroSoft.)
************************************** W A R N I N G ! ************

Tony O'Bryan

Mar 20, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/20/99
I chose Windowmaker as my window manager since it has small memory
requirements, is themeable, is still being actively developed, and has a
fairly easy installation. I'm happy with it.

JoHn DoH

Mar 21, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/21/99
Okay if you can runt kde go for it, it is nice and has a lot of extra
apps for it. Gnome is nice but is difficult to get running on slak and
is younger. Enlightenment/AfterStep/etc are all nice but are becoming
aged compared to those already talked about. If you do not have a
minimum setup for kde run fvwm95 and be happy. That is all that I can
say about that ;-).

-DoH
--
JoHn 'DoH' KeLm
http://www.johndoh.cjb.net

Justin B Willoughby

Mar 21, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/21/99

Tony O'Bryan (rea...@axs.net) writes:
> I chose Windowmaker as my window manager since it has small memory
> requirements, is themeable, is still being actively developed, and has a
> fairly easy installation. I'm happy with it.

I agree! I am very happy with WindowMaker!

--
_/ _/ _/_/ _/ _/ _/ _/_/ Justin Willoughby

lany

Mar 22, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/22/99
I mainly use Blackbox -> http://blackbox.wiw.org/ It's small and fast
and runs kde apps. Definately worth a look.

Lany