Carol Lafferty, wife of CNN anchor Jack Lafferty, dies unexpectedly, 60

La N

Sep 8, 2008, 5:19:57 PM9/8/08
http://www.citizen-observer.com/articles/2008/09/08/news/news75.txt

Published on: Monday, September 08, 2008
Stewartsville local and wife of CNN anchor dies

Carol J. Cafferty, a hometown girl of Stewartsville Missouri died
unexpectedly Friday, September 5. Cafferty is best known as the beloved wife
of wife of Jack Cafferty, CNN's anchor and reporter and frequent personality
featured on CNN's, The Situation Room. The two met years ago when Jack was a
local news anchor in Kansas City. Carol and Jack were married for 35 years.

Reports say that Carol's death came unexpectedly and the cause of her death
has not yet been announced. She leaves behind her husband Jack, their two
daughters, Leslie and Leigh, Jack's two other daughters, Julie and Jill and
grandchildren.

Carol J. Cafferty was 60 and resided in Cedar Grove, New Jersey with Jack at
the time of her death.

Funeral services are scheduled for 10 a.m. Wednesday, Sept. 10, at the
Hixson-Klein Funeral Home in Gower. Burial will be at Allen Cemetery, also
in Gower. Visitation will be held from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. Tuesday, at the
funeral home.

Representatives from the Hixson-Klien Funeral Home advise that they are not
sure what to expect at this time as far as the numbers of persons who will
be attending any of the services.

Brad Ferguson

Sep 8, 2008, 5:43:40 PM9/8/08
In article <1Ggxk.1626$yS5.1471@edtnps83>, La N
<nilita20...@yahoo.com> wrote:

Correcting the header.

There's also this nice bit, from the CNN website:

September 6, 2008

Remembering Carol Cafferty

Jack Cafferty wasn't here Friday for the Cafferty File because of some
tragic news.

His wife of 35 years, Carol, passed away unexpectedly this morning.
Carol was everything to Jack. The dedication of his book reads, "for
Carol, my wife, my life."

Jack wrote about how she was the inspiration for him to get sober and
straighten up his life: "In all the years that we've been married, she
has always brought to the table her unshakable grounding in something a
lot more real than being on television or being recognized in the
corner drugstore. She has been my rock, having done a magnificent job
of keeping me from getting full of helium and drifting off the surface
of the earthŠ She was all the incentive I needed to make painful but
transforming changes ­ to get sober and stop smoking. I knew that I'd
lose her if I didn't. She's an amazing woman who simply wasn't worth
losing."

One story Jack loves to tell is how he and Carol met ­ when he was a
local news anchor in Kansas City. They started to meet regularly for a
quick meal between his shows and became good friends. Whenever Jack had
to leave, his exit line was "We'd better wrap this up. Got to get back
to the station." One night Carol finally asked, "What kind of a gas
station do you work at? You're always wearing a tie."

Jack explained it was a television station. He loved the fact that she
had no clue and couldn't care less that he had been on air there every
night for four years. He later described that as one of his life's
"twenty-four-carat moments" that made his heart soar. He said to
himself then that he might marry her because "it can't get any more
honest and pure than that."

<http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2008/09/06/remembering-carol-caffe
rty/>

La N

Sep 8, 2008, 6:02:27 PM9/8/08

"Brad Ferguson" <thir...@frXOXed.net> wrote in message

> In article <1Ggxk.1626$yS5.1471@edtnps83>, La N
> <nilita20...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>

> Correcting the header.
>
> There's also this nice bit, from the CNN website:
>
> September 6, 2008
>
> Remembering Carol Cafferty

Thank you for correcting the header. I was having one of my stressed out /
multitasking / dyslexic / chemobrain moments.

- nilita

islanders

Sep 8, 2008, 7:45:51 PM9/8/08
I wonder if he ran her over like he did the bike messenger in NYC.

J.D. Baldwin

Sep 8, 2008, 8:29:22 PM9/8/08

In the previous article, islanders <islan...@aol.com> wrote:
> I wonder if he ran her over like he did the bike messenger in NYC.

Is he the guy who dragged that bike messenger for, like, a block, then
stopped, backed up and drove away? Why the hell isn't he in prison?
--
_+_ From the catapult of |If anyone disagrees with any statement I make, I
_|70|___:)=}- J.D. Baldwin |am quite prepared not only to retract it, but also

danny burstein

Sep 8, 2008, 8:31:22 PM9/8/08
[ snip ]

I've put up a clip from a recent interview of
his with Sue Simmons, his former co-anchor
at Jive at Five.

The first ten or so minutes are a different
person and topic [a], with Jack and Sue coming
on afterwards.

The story of courtship begins at about 17:30
into the piece.

http://www.dburstein.com/video/jack-cafferty.mov

About 135 megs, QuickTime [a].

[a] I'll try to edit out the first half and replace
the file a bit later tonight. No guarantees.

dan...@panix.com

islanders

Sep 8, 2008, 9:27:29 PM9/8/08
On Sep 8, 8:29�pm, INVALID_SEE_...@example.com.invalid (J.D. Baldwin)
wrote:

> In the previous article, islanders �<islande...@aol.com> wrote:
>
> > I wonder if he ran her over like he did the bike messenger in NYC.
>
> Is he the guy who dragged that bike messenger for, like, a block, then
> stopped, backed up and drove away? �Why the hell isn't he in prison?
> --

Here is a link to the story

Bob Feigel

Sep 8, 2008, 10:11:46 PM9/8/08
[Default] On Mon, 8 Sep 2008 18:27:29 -0700 (PDT), islanders
<islan...@aol.com> magnanimously proffered:

>On Sep 8, 8:29?pm, INVALID_SEE_...@example.com.invalid (J.D. Baldwin)
>wrote:

>> In the previous article, islanders ?<islande...@aol.com> wrote:
>>
>> > I wonder if he ran her over like he did the bike messenger in NYC.
>>
>> Is he the guy who dragged that bike messenger for, like, a block, then

>> stopped, backed up and drove away? ?Why the hell isn't he in prison?

>> --
>
>Here is a link to the story
>
>http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/958702/posts

So let me get this straight.

He hits the cyclist and drives on through, not one, but TWO red lights
and around several cars, all while dragging the victim's bicycle under
his car and:

"This was never anything more than a traffic incident. It was resolved
as a traffic infraction. Jack acted responsibly in this, as he always
has," said Cafferty's attorney, Seth Rosenberg.

Sure ...

--

"It's not that I'm afraid to die. I just don't want to be there when it happens." - Woody Allen

Wax-up and drop-in of Surfing's Golden Years: <http://www.surfwriter.net>

danny burstein

Sep 8, 2008, 10:23:30 PM9/8/08
In <ga4g4q$nda$1...@reader1.panix.com> danny burstein <dan...@panix.com> writes:

> [ snip ]

>I've put up a clip from a recent interview of
>his with Sue Simmons, his former co-anchor
>at Jive at Five.

[snip]

I've swapped the files, so the one online
now is the ten minutes of the Sue and Jack show.

http://www.dburstein.com/video/jack-cafferty.mov

about 90 megs.

J.D. Baldwin

Sep 8, 2008, 10:24:38 PM9/8/08

In the previous article, islanders <islan...@aol.com> wrote:
> > > I wonder if he ran her over like he did the bike messenger in NYC.
> >
> > Is he the guy who dragged that bike messenger for, like, a block, then
> > stopped, backed up and drove away? Why the hell isn't he in prison?
> > --
>
> Here is a link to the story
>
> http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/958702/posts

That is definitely not the case I was thinking of, because I am
positive the cyclist was dragged in the story I remember. So maybe
prison wasn't appropriate here, but he sure as hell shouldn't have
been driving for about five years. $250 fine? What a freaking joke.

Mark

Sep 8, 2008, 10:36:58 PM9/8/08
On Sep 8, 9:24 pm, INVALID_SEE_...@example.com.invalid (J.D. Baldwin)
wrote:

> > > Is he the guy who dragged that bike messenger for, like, a block, then
> > > stopped, backed up and drove away? Why the hell isn't he in prison?
> > > --
>
> > Here is a link to the story
>
> >http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/958702/posts
>
> That is definitely not the case I was thinking of, because I am
> positive the cyclist was dragged in the story I remember. So maybe
> prison wasn't appropriate here, but he sure as hell shouldn't have
> been driving for about five years. $250 fine? What a freaking joke.
> --

How did she put up with this crank? He makes Andy Rooney look happy.

mack

Sep 9, 2008, 1:48:52 PM9/9/08

"Mark" <weiss...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

Just to go for a little accuracy, the man's name is Cafferty, not Lafferty.