Dolores Aguilar - Strange Obit

MWB

Aug 17, 2008, 10:11:46 AM8/17/08

Hyfler/Rosner

Aug 17, 2008, 10:14:12 AM8/17/08

"MWB" <bic...@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:g89bgi$t0v$1...@aioe.org...

Wow. I've never seen anything like that.

La N

Aug 17, 2008, 10:21:17 AM8/17/08

Some of the guest entries are quite interesting too ... such as R.I.P. to
Dolores and L.I.P. to the rest of the family ...

- nilita

Kathi

Aug 17, 2008, 10:48:45 AM8/17/08
On Sun, 17 Aug 2008 10:14:12 -0400, "Hyfler/Rosner" <rel...@rcn.com>
wrote:

I think someone just needed to vent, otherwise why spend the money for
the obit on one so detested? But... EEK.

.

Matthew Kruk

Aug 17, 2008, 11:07:52 AM8/17/08

Full moon?

I've always thought some obits a bit much in the other direction (gang
leader killed - "sweetest boy on the block to all his friends and family")
but this is a complete different direction.

Matthew Kruk

Aug 17, 2008, 11:09:28 AM8/17/08
In case it gets removed from the website:

Dolores Aguilar
1929 - Aug. 7, 2008

Dolores Aguilar, born in 1929 in New Mexico, left us on August 7, 2008. She
will be met in the afterlife by her husband, Raymond, her son, Paul Jr., and
daughter, Ruby.

She is survived by her daughters Marietta, Mitzi, Stella, Beatrice, Virginia
and Ramona, and son Billy; grandchildren, Donnelle, Joe, Mitzie, Maria,
Mario, Marty, Tynette, Tania, Leta, Alexandria, Tommy, Billy, Mathew,
Raymond, Kenny, Javier, Lisa, Ashlie and Michael; great-grandchildren,
Brendan, Joseph, Karissa, Jacob, Delaney, Shawn, Cienna, Bailey, Christian,
Andre Jr., Andrea, Keith, Saeed, Nujaymah, Salma, Merissa, Emily, Jayci,
Isabella, Samantha and Emily. I apologize if I missed anyone.

Dolores had no hobbies, made no contribution to society and rarely shared a
kind word or deed in her life. I speak for the majority of her family when I
say her presence will not be missed by many, very few tears will be shed and
there will be no lamenting over her passing.

Her family will remember Dolores and amongst ourselves we will remember her
in our own way, which were mostly sad and troubling times throughout the
years. We may have some fond memories of her and perhaps we will think of
those times too. But I truly believe at the end of the day ALL of us will
really only miss what we never had, a good and kind mother, grandmother and
great-grandmother. I hope she is finally at peace with herself. As for the
rest of us left behind, I hope this is the beginning of a time of healing
and learning to be a family again.

There will be no service, no prayers and no closure for the family she spent
a lifetime tearing apart. We cannot come together in the end to see to it
that her grandchildren and great-grandchildren can say their goodbyes. So I
say here for all of us, GOOD BYE, MOM.

La N

Aug 17, 2008, 11:10:41 AM8/17/08

"Matthew Kruk" <Matthe...@Telus.net> wrote in message

I've known people who have stopped going to funerals because they felt they
were forced to hear sappy loving eulogies about people who were absolutely
miserable IRL. Maybe this family wanted to be honest and have some kind of
catharsis.

Having said that, I would say the individuals in this family still have a
lot of healing work to do ....

- nilita

Thriceshy

Aug 17, 2008, 11:17:14 AM8/17/08
On Aug 17, 8:11 am, "MWB" <bick...@gmail.com> wrote:
> http://www.legacy.com/TimesHeraldOnline/DeathNotices.asp?Page=Lifesto...
>
> GO RED SOX
>
> Mark

I read this and thought immediately, "This could have been written by
any of my husband's paternal uncles or aunts."

Having a parent/grandparent who spends a lifetime befuckling and
tearing apart a family isn't all that unusual. I agree that finding a
family member with the guts to be honest in an obit IS unusual. I
hope whomever wrote that obit got some satisfaction, comfort, or
"closure" from doing so.

Message has been deleted

Barbara L Sherrill

Aug 17, 2008, 12:17:37 PM8/17/08

"MWB" <bic...@gmail.com> wrote in message news:g89bgi$t0v$1...@aioe.org...

Wow

Aje RavenStar

Aug 17, 2008, 12:29:35 PM8/17/08

"Barbara L Sherrill" <barbaral...@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message

Wow indeed. I had to double check the name after reading it. It could have
(or might be) the one written about my mother, minus the names. It just
won't be me writing it, it'll be one of those who didn't declare her a
non-relative due to her behavior during her lifetime. But that's their
business, I'm out of it.

Message has been deleted

Chris

Aug 17, 2008, 1:13:21 PM8/17/08

"MWB" <bic...@gmail.com> wrote in message news:g89bgi$t0v$1...@aioe.org...
Amazing what laundry people will hang out in public ,
and sad too,

I am curious Mark, how this one came to your attention.

La N

Aug 17, 2008, 1:18:24 PM8/17/08

"Chris" <nos...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> I am curious Mark, how this one came to your attention.

I was wondering that too .....

- nilita

MWB

Aug 17, 2008, 1:38:39 PM8/17/08

"La N" <nilita20...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

http://www.fark.com/

A fantastic site.

GO RED SOX

Mark

La N

Aug 17, 2008, 2:16:53 PM8/17/08

"MWB" <bic...@gmail.com> wrote in message news:g89njd$ds7$1...@aioe.org...

It *is* a great site. Bookmarked. And, btw, it included a link to the
following story about the Vancouver Zombie Walk. My darling spawn had
acquired all the blood and guts make-up and was going to join them, but she
was too pooped out after an otherwise long busy day.

Anyway, here's the story which, no doubt, will be appreciated by the ghouls
of this group:

http://canadianpress.google.com/article/ALeqM5iqlYbBlNN_fV4fM2c2fVT8gYtSaA
About 100 zombies march through Vancouver for bi-annual parade
17 hours ago

VANCOUVER - The hot, sunny weather in Vancouver didn't keep hundreds of
normally nocturnal zombies from parading through the city.

A crowd of people covered in fake blood and guts - many yelling for brains -
met at the city's art gallery and did a loop through the busy downtown,
acquiring many puzzled looks along the way.

Part art project, part meaningless fun, the so-called ZombieWalk has been
going on for several years.

Participants are encouraged to act as zombies and to communicate only in a
manner consistent with zombie behaviour

Similar events have taken place in Edmonton, Calgary and Toronto.

Eilene Sabouran says she came out because she finds that Vancouver doesn't
have many fun things to do.

There were several zombie-themed after parties planned after the parade,
which ended at a popular beach.

MWB

Aug 17, 2008, 2:29:49 PM8/17/08
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jc5GoohrrUQ

Looks like fun. My wife and I would walk in that.

Is it just me? Doesn't it kind of remind you of the YANKEES taking the
field.

GO RED SOX

Mark

Barbara L Sherrill

Aug 17, 2008, 4:12:11 PM8/17/08

"Aje RavenStar" <whine...@comcast.net> wrote in message

If I was speaking to my mom, I would send this one to her.....

Barbara

Message has been deleted

The Kentucky Wizard

Aug 18, 2008, 1:34:23 AM8/18/08
Upon receiving news that MWB had made the remarks below, and after
consultations with my Joint Chiefs of Staff, being briefed by members of my
Cabinet and many telephone conversations with various World Leaders, I have
come to the following conclusions:

I see you're finally made it back home, Marlin Perkins. :-)~

--

Never argue with an idiot; they'll drag you down to their level and
beat you with experience.

© The Wiz ®

The Kentucky Wizard

Aug 18, 2008, 1:36:54 AM8/18/08
Upon receiving news that Matthew Kruk had made the remarks below, and after
consultations with my Joint Chiefs of Staff, being briefed by members of my
Cabinet and many telephone conversations with various World Leaders, I have
come to the following conclusions:

> In case it gets removed from the website:

It did. :-)

Matthew Kruk

Aug 18, 2008, 2:17:56 AM8/18/08
"The Kentucky Wizard" <KyWi...@insightbb.com> wrote in message

> Upon receiving news that Matthew Kruk had made the remarks below, and
> after consultations with my Joint Chiefs of Staff, being briefed by
> members of my Cabinet and many telephone conversations with various World
> Leaders, I have come to the following conclusions:
>
>> In case it gets removed from the website:

> It did. :-)

The butler did it! :-)

Message has been deleted

Jim Beaver

Aug 24, 2008, 12:59:08 AM8/24/08

"Gary Edstrom" <GEds...@PacBell.Net> wrote in message

> On Sun, 17 Aug 2008 13:13:21 -0400, "Chris" <nos...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>>"MWB" <bic...@gmail.com> wrote in message news:g89bgi$t0v$1...@aioe.org...
>>> http://www.legacy.com/TimesHeraldOnline/DeathNotices.asp?Page=Lifestory&PersonId=115754551
>>>
>>> Mark
>>>
>>Amazing what laundry people will hang out in public, and sad too,
>
> What you have here is a thoroughly dysfunctional family. It takes two
> sides to keep such a feud going. It is pervasive in our society today.
> Look at all of the TV court programs, and trash talk programs where
> people are anxious to air their dirty laundry.
>
> The mere fact that the family felt the need to write such an obituary
> indicates that they have serious problems of their own. Why not just
> ignore the death and not write an obituary at all? Let someone else
> take care of the burial arraignments?

It appears that, lucky you, you've never been in a dysfunctional family.
Some very good, decent people with great potential can get pretty damn
screwed up by one awful parent. It doesn't take complicity on the part of
young children to make a train wreck of a family. Frankly, the fact that
they felt the need to write such an obit seems a step toward health to me, a
refusal to pretend that everything is just fine. Not that they don't have
serious problems of their own. I just don't think they gave those problems
to themselves, certainly not based on the evidence.

Jim Beaver

La N

Aug 24, 2008, 1:08:00 AM8/24/08

"Jim Beaver" <jumb...@prodigy.spam> wrote in message

Amen, bruddah Jim! For those who want to heal .. I mean .. *HEAL*, honesty
is a real virtue. Time to stop the denial train.

- nilita

Message has been deleted

Paralle...@gmail.com

Aug 24, 2008, 2:08:22 PM8/24/08
On Aug 17, 3:12 pm, "Barbara L Sherrill"
<barbaralsherr...@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> "Aje RavenStar" <whinebuc...@comcast.net> wrote in message

> > "Barbara L Sherrill" <barbaralsherr...@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message

> >> Wow
>
> > Wow indeed.  I had to double check the name after reading it.  It could
> > have (or might be) the one written about my mother, minus the names.  It
> > just won't be me writing it, it'll be one of those who didn't declare her
> > a non-relative due to her behavior during her lifetime.  But that's their
> > business, I'm out of it.
>
> If I was speaking to my mom, I would send this one to her.....
>
> Barbara- Hide quoted text -

Just pretend you did. My sister has a phrase: "No matter what,
I never want to do anything hurtful that will make ME feel guilty
later." "Getting even" might feel good at the time, but your
imagination could run wild later....or others could find out, and
you'd be the bad one. No one's all good, no one's all bad.
People do their best, within their limitations.

That said, a straight-forward, unemotional obituary of Dolores
Aguilar would have said volumes....without any need for the
nauseating "She was loved by everyone" crap.

Kris

Message has been deleted

Jim Beaver

Aug 25, 2008, 3:40:49 AM8/25/08

> On Sun, 24 Aug 2008 05:08:00 GMT, "La N" <nilita20...@yahoo.com>
> wrote:
>
>>Amen, bruddah Jim! For those who want to heal .. I mean .. *HEAL*,
>>honesty
>>is a real virtue. Time to stop the denial train.
>>
>>- nilita
>
> Ok, maybe I'm just an old geezer from another generation, but the modern
> trend of 'Letting it all hang out' is nothing but rubbish. You don't
> solve your problems by going on Jerry Springer and shouting it to the
> world. That's what this printed obituary amounts too.
>
> My family did not have a perfect relationship, but I NEVER felt the need
> to get on a soap box in order to run them down.

Like I said, lucky you. When you've grown up with their mother, report
back.

Jim Beaver